Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Diary ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
By: AlwaysHiei

For: LuffySP

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Kishimoto does.

A/N: I wrote this NaruSaku (My very first purely NaruSaku--normally I just include them in my SasuHina's) for LuffySP, in return for that wonderful SasuHina oneshot she wrote me. This was inspired by the lyrics from “Hug” by DBSK (also known as TVXQ), which is my favorite group ever! The subbed lyrics for "Hug" are just so adorable and touching to me that I had to write something based on at least one part of it. I hope everyone enjoys it!

"I want to be your diary
In your little drawer
I want to put all your secrets
In my heart
Without you knowing"

-DBSK, “Hug”
(Different subs say different things, but they're all similar)

"Diary"

A diary is something someone writes, or 'tells', all of their secrets and feelings to. A diary is a trusted thing that brings comfort to those using it, and it listens to people without judging.

My name is Naruto Uzumaki, aspiring ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves (otherwise known as Konoha), vessel holding the infamous Nine-Tailed Demon Fox, loud, strong, and friendly. … And I’m Sakura Haruno's diary. I’m her place--or person—that she can tell all of her secrets to, explain her feelings to, and find comfort in.

I'm not really her intentional diary--she probably never thought of me as such. The thought 'Naruto's my diary' has probably never crossed her mind.

But I am. I know it because whenever she's sad or in pain, she comes to me. She tells me everything. She trusts me.

"Sakura-chan..." I softly say, looking down sympathetically at the sobbing girl in my arms and rubbing my hand slowly in a circular motion on her back.

"S-Sasuke-kun left..." she mumbles through her tears. "He's gone."

'I know,' I confirm sadly but silently in my own head.

"Sasuke-kun left, and he didn't care. Not about you, or Kakashi-sensei, or the village, or our team, or even that I loved him... I loved him Naruto-kun. I loved him so, so much."

As she speaks, she writes. She writes on me-- in me.

Every single word she utters is etched into my being; my heart, body, mind, and soul all take hold of her words, feelings, and trust--everything she is letting out of herself is taken into me. I grasp her words and hold them so tightly that they sink into me and become part of me. Another page is added to me, and another, and another. Each time she comes to me another page is filled, making me more complete. Making me feel more, hold more, know more, have more, mean more… be more. More than the previous 'something' was, anyway.

And she, herself, feels better as a result. She feels much calmer without the full burden of what she tells me. She’s glad to let it out and glad that someone else knows how she feels and understands her. She is lighter. Happier. And she doesn't worry anymore.

She trusts me. Me--her diary. I take what she tells me to heart, whether she knows it or not. I show no one else what she writes in me. No one else is told. She can and does trust me.

Sakura-chan writes in me often. Not daily but pretty regularly. I do my best to be there, wherever I think she expects me to be.

I'm Naruto Uzumaki, after all. I’m an aspiring ninja of the Leaf, vessel of the infamous Nine-Tailed Fox Demon, friend to many, and enemy of others.

And I’m Sakura Haruno's diary.

THE END

Thank you oh-so much for reading this! My first NaruSaku, so forgive me if it wasn't that great. I hope so much you like this, LuffySP, and everyone else who reads this. I tried hard, whether it shows or not. Please, do review!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei