Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Sorry for the really long wait. Would have posted a few weeks ago but I've been without internet for the last 3 weeks.
 
Chapter 29
 
Only Iruka's restraining hand was keeping Harry from wiping out the Council of Konoha and the Chuunin wasn't sure how much longer he could hold his younger companion back. Not that he blamed the smaller male for his homicidal feelings, he'd probably join him in causing destruction soon enough. The trial was a farce, Harry and Sasuke's testimony and what had really happened had been completely ignored and they were even talking about charging the two younger shinobi as well. If Tsunade didn't interfere soon Konoha would lose the Uchiha bloodline and one of its most powerful fighters, at least. He knew Naruto at least would follow if Sasuke and Harry left and if they left hew would go to, with Kakashi hopefully backing them up. Iruka looked up at his lover for help when Harry actually started growling softly and Kakashi moved up beside him to help him restrain Harry.
 
“Take it easy, your losing it in here will not help.” The jounin whispered to the wizard who simply glared up at him.
 
“I decide to `loose it' and there will no longer be a problem except arranging their funerals.” Harry spat out. Sakura backed away and even Naruto stared at him in shock.
 
“ENOUGH!” Tsunade suddenly roared.
“I am the Hokage here, not you. And as such I am pardoning both Uchiha Itachi and Kisame and instating them both as Konoha shinobi if they wish. If any of you wish to disagree you can deal with Potter-san considering he looks ready to tear you all apart with his bare hands. I hope you have your wills updated if you do so though. Dismissed. If there is an emergency I will be in the hospital. Team 7 you have ten hours before you will be expected to report for duty again.” With that Tsunade released the shackles on the two shinobi and then stormed from the room, Jiraiya following her while trying to smother his laughter. As soon as she was gone Harry threw himself at Itachi who easily caught him and pulled him in for a kiss. Kakashi chuckled until Iruka yanked him into a kiss of his own. Naruto groaned and turned away, muttering about perverts while Sakura went crimson and Sasuke just shrugged at Kisame since they were the most used to that happening. The Council stared in shock at the display of one of the most well respected chuunin with their most powerful jounin and the mystery chuunin with the traitor.
 
“What do you say we get out of here?” Harry murmured against Itachi's lips and his lover nodded.
“All aboard.” Harry called and their group gathered around only to vanish from the Council chamber.
 
--------------------------------
Harry lay on Itachi's chest, content and safe for the first time in a while. He had left with the Uchiha brothers for their family compound once the impromptu celebration at Iruka's had died out and followed Itachi not into the main house but into one of the smaller ones. Luckily the compound had been well maintained and all he'd needed to do was conjure some bed linen for them. They'd tumbled onto the bed while still trying to remove their clothes before Harry had simply banished the garments in frustration. The next three hours had been spent exploring and making love in a way they hadn't really been able to before since they had always been restrained by time.
 
“So are you going to become a shinobi again?” Harry finally asked, lazily drawing circles on Itachi's skin with his fingers.
 
“I'm not sure. What about you? Will you try to resign now that the threat is over or will you stay on?”
 
“I'm tired of fighting but I think I'll wait until everyone knows what they want to do.” Harry suddenly blanked out for a second and then laughed.
 
“What?”
 
“Guess Naruto got lonely. Hope Sasuke doesn't kill him in the morning.” Itachi laughed at that. He didn't mind Naruto pursuing his little brother, they'd make a good pair and he pitied anyone who said otherwise.
 
“Try to sleep; there are only a few more hours until you're back on duty.” Harry nodded against Itachi's chest and they curled closer, slowly drifting off to sleep.
 
----------------------
Tsunade steepled her fingers as she stared across her desk at team 7 plus two. From the steely look in Potter's eye she had a feeling she knew what he wanted but it wasn't really something she wanted to agree to. The others were harder to read and she hoped their answers would be positive.
 
“Step forward Uchiha Sasuke.” Sasuke looked surprised for a millisecond before his face went blank and he stepped away from his teammates.
“For your actions in the battle I am promoting you to the rank of chuunin. Congratulations.” Shinzu handed him the green vest and Sasuke bowed as he accepted it. Naruto grinned and slapped his friend on the back while Sakura hugged him and Kakashi ruffled his hair. Harry just grinned at him while Itachi nodded in respect and Kisame's grin wasn't exactly a comforting sight.
“Have the two of you come to a decision?”
 
“We have Hokage-sama. We have both decided to become shinobi of Konoha.” Itachi answered for both of them and Tsunade nodded. Shinzu handed them new hitai-ates and they tied them on.
 
“If that is all then?” She caught Itachi glancing at Harry before the chuunin stepped forward and she knew she wasn't going to like what he had to say.
 
“You made me a shinobi against my wishes and at the time I don't blame you for your reasoning but I think I've proven that I mean no harm to this village. I am tired of fighting Hokage-sama and have no wish to continue to do so.” Harry spoke respectfully but there was steel there, he wasn't going to back down this time.
 
“And what would you do if I allowed this?”
 
“I have noticed that there are some children in the village with the ability to use magic. I would like to teach them. Interestingly enough they are all civilian children and none are from shinobi clans.”
 
“You want to start a magic academy?” Tsunade stared at him in surprise, that was not what she'd expected him to say.
 
“Trained magic users would add another layer of defence to the village when it is attacked again because I doubt this was the first or last time a battle will reach the village. Unless against another wizard most of my people were not front line fighters and I wouldn't expect them to be. After all the spells that can kill have nasty side effects if used too often but ward makers and healers would be very useful.”
 
“What would you need to set this up?” It was actually a good idea, at least in theory.
 
“Mainly space somewhere on the edge of the village, classroom equipment, that sort of thing.”
 
“I will consider it on the stipulation that you participate in the next jounin exam, pass it and are willing to be recalled for duty if the need arises.”
 
“Agreed.”
 
TBC...Ha