Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Hokage ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members. We don't own or mean to offend the Amish. We also didn't invent the triangle or any proofs related to it and we did not invent light sabers or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Whew, this disclaimer is going to be a page long by the completion of this story.
 
Summary: “Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?” pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!
 
Italics denotes mental thoughts
 
Authors' note: We are soooo sorry this didn't come out sooner. ~Begs on knees for forgiveness~ Since finals were over, we got a chapter written, but then our new beta (poptate12 whom we love, adore, and have handcuffed to the computer currently ^_^ ) had to revise everything and in the middle of all this, my computer chose to crash to the point where I had to reload the operating system. We will get the next chapter up by Wednesday and hopefully another by Friday (though the Friday deadline is probably pushing it slightly).
 
Just a reminder from a previous Author's Note which we will also post on every chapter from now on, we are changing the ages of the characters for the sake of this story. Yes we know that it doesn't follow the ages of the characters of the show/manga. We are making Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the characters that are all their age, 16 years old at the beginning of this story and around the time of the first series. Kakashi is 19 years old, the youngest of the jounin, and he is still an ex-ANBU. Basically everything starts off around the second season of the show. The only thing that is different is all of their ages. Now, on with the story.
 
Chapter 4
 
Kakashi uncovered Naruto's mouth and gave him a stern look that implied complete and utter silence. He threw them a sharp glance, conveying to all of them that they were to follow silently. Both Sakura and Sasuke knew that when their sensei was this stern, he meant business. They also knew that it was imperative that they follow his orders, especially, when he didn't take out his book to read on their walk to the Hokage's office.
 
As they walked up the dirt and gravel road, they passed a myriad of colorful shops and people that dotted the roadway. A woman offered them ripe strawberries that Laura tried to accept, but was unable to do so. Vivian and Bibi quickly pulled her away. Naruto gave them a questioning glance, prompting them to explain.
 
“You see Naruto; people get uncontrollably hyper off things sometimes. Most people do this when given sugar.” Bibi said matter-of-factly, raising her index finger in the air to further emphasize her point, while Naruto nodded his head in understanding and as a silent urge for her to continue her explanation.
 
“Laura here is anything but normal. In fact, she is probably the closest thing to an alien that you could find on this planet.”
 
Laura glared at her. “Gee, thanks,” she muttered, under her breath.
 
“Just kidding about the alien thing, though you have to admit, Laura, that you are weird,” said Bibi, while Laura shook her head to show she was not offended. “Back to the explanation though, Laura gets excessively and insanely hyper off of strawberries.” Here she took a long, deep breath before continuing.
 
“She talks a-mile-a minute, bounces off walls like one of those fifty-cent super bouncy balls, and well, yeah, goes into hyper-drive so to speak.” finished Bibi quickly again pausing to inject her lungs with badly needed oxygen.
 
“Ahh” said Naruto as if understanding, although he was just as confused as ever.
 
“Strawberries, ehh? I'll have to keep that in mind.” Kakashi quipped while crinkling his only visible eye in amusement.
 
Vivian's eyes held a hazy, clouded expression clearly showing that her mind was somewhere else. She frowned, and then laughed, probably remembering the last time she and Bibi allowed Laura to have a chocolate covered strawberry, momentarily forgetting said fruit's effects on her.
 
“Are you thinking of the last time we let her have strawberries?” Bibi glanced toward Vivian.
 
“Yeah” she replied still in her daze. “It was that crisp autumn morning, though, it was really more muggy than crisp, and the trees were colored, or at least a different color of green considering South Florida doesn't have much in the way of seasons and the only trees in sight were royal palms.”
 
She continued oblivious to the native's confusing upon hearing “South Florida”.
 
“The seasons could be described as hot and hotter, so there we were, perspiring in shorts and t-shirts, while we watched people trying to make the most of the weather by drinking coffee and hot chocolate, given out as samples in spite of the heat. Masses of people had turned out for the annual art fair. They were herded onto sidewalks and crossways between the tents of art and jewelry like cattle.” Bibi added.
 
“I was entranced by the multifaceted jewels that were intricately woven in a necklace while you were looking at the bronze three dimensional sculpture of a dog,” the still bemused Vivian said reminiscing
 
Here Naruto whispered to Sakura, “Ano…, these foreign girls talk a little weird, ne, Sakura-chan?” Sakura, who was still fuming, just turned up her nose, pretending to ignore the words to strangers, but secretly taking in their unusual tale.
 
“Laura walked up to me and I noticed she was holding something in her hand, but that didn't strike me as odd. She opened her hand to reveal three delicious looking chocolate covered strawberries. She explained that they were giving them out as samples and we each got one. It was only after we finished eating them and Laura was taking her last bite that we realized our horrible mistake.” Said Bibi, while shaking her head.
 
Up until now, Kakashi had been silent, quietly pondering the different ways these girls could have landed here, but even he had to question the strangers' sanity at the next words.
 
“Laura started to talk about the tortures of her math class, HTML code (Nani?) which lost us, even if she hadn't been talking incredibly fast, about the latest songs she downloaded onto her Ipod, the new dress she had bought for the upcoming dance, and other subjects we couldn't catch; all within a minute. I remember telling Bibi the reason behind all of it. Laura was on a high-speed DSL connection, while we were on dial-up. She then rushed us by all different booths before we could look inside them. The rest was downhill from there and if I remember correctly, Bibi even tried to restrain Laura, which made people stare at them both. That was a day I shall never forget.” Vivian told them.
 
Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Sakura all stared at the girls as if they were insane. (Though, in Sakura's case, she looked at them with slight anger too.) Vivian noticed neither the questioning looks, nor the single look of anger, because she was still staring in to the distance and remembering. Bibi and Laura on the other hand, noticed the strange looks and quickly pulled themselves back down to earth.
 
By the time Vivian was done with her stroll down memory lane, they had arrived at the building that housed the Hokage's office, framed from behind by the monument of the village's previous leaders. Although Bibi, Laura, and Vivian knew it existed, it was still quite huge, and therefore astonishing.
 
They opened the double doors and walked down the varnished wooden hallway lined with sliding paper doors. They could see the shadows of the occupants in different rooms going about their daily jobs. They came to an elaborately painted door and Kakashi came to a halt as he knocked on the frame. A muffled voice from inside the room said, “Come in.”
 
Kakashi spun on his toes as he told them all to sit in the chairs on the right of the door outside Hokage-sama's office.
 
“It'll only take a minute.” He threw over his shoulder as he walked into the office and slid the door closed behind him.
 
The group of teens made their way quietly over to the chairs.
 
They took their seats and stared at the patters in the grains of wood, not knowing why it was so urgent that Kakashi-sensei see Hokage-sama, regarding the girls that were still mostly a mystery to team 7, alone. Who knew, with as many twists as the day had brought, they might be back to square one and accomplish nothing by the end if the day.
 
“Why do I always pick the broken chairs? This one sags.” Sakura said to no one in particular.
 
“Vivian, that reminds me of the conversation we had on the phone a while ago.” Laura stated, to break the uneasy silence that had followed Sakura's comment.
 
“That's right, about the washer and dryers,” replied Vivian.
 
“How do you relate sagging chairs to laundry?” asked a confused Bibi.
 
Sakura bit her lip and groaned silently. She was going to have to sit through another one of those darn reminiscing moments of theirs. Oh well, she though, at least, now I can continue daydreaming about Sasuke-kun without any interruption from Naruto. Her face developed the dreamy, hazy look she got when she thought of Sasuke.
 
“You see,” Vivian, said, “when sitting on a washing machine, you are sitting on the lid and since it isn't re-enforced, it sags. Then you have to get up and hit it until it pops back into normal shape, and it hurts because you have to hit it pretty hard. Whereas, the dryer has the lid in the front and so you sit on the top, which is sturdier, and you don't have the problem of sagging. I've learned from experience.” Vivian explained while gesturing with her hands.
 
“Oh I see. You do realize that you have the oddest experiences, ones that would never go into a college admissions essay or resume.” Bibi said while smiling.
 
“You never know, I might just want a job in testing the strength of washing machine lids.” joked a grinning Vivian.
 
“Oh yeah, like that'll happen.”
 
“It's right up there with becoming a ninja.” Laura said, pointing out the irony of the situation.
 
They all turned silent and lowered their gazes their minds snapping back to the situation at hand. It was finally dawning on them that they had been dropped into an anime series, an anime series that most would kill to be part of they realized, and unless Bibi could create a cross-parallel transporter out of a kunai and a cell phone, they were stuck for the time being.
 
The door to the Hokage's office slid gracefully open to reveal the masked face of Kakashi.
 
“Girls, come in.” He motioned for them to enter.
 
All the girls stood up, but paused when Kakashi started to say something again.

”Sakura, I'm sorry, I didn't mean you.” He finished then disappeared behind the door once more.
 
“Oh, ano, it's ok Sensei.” Her cheeks colored at her mistake, hoping that Sasuke hadn't noticed her embarrassing moment. She caught herself from saying that it was a blond moment, one because she certainly was not blond and two, after hearing the debate of the `whores' this afternoon.
 
The foreign girls walked into the room, unsure of which hokage they were going to meet. Would it be Tsunade-sama, the legendary Sannin?
 
They stepped lightly on the floors, aware of the thunderous noise made when they stepped too hard with their sneakers. No wonder everyone here wore those cool sandals. The sun shone through the windows opposite them, illuminating the path to the chairs situated opposite Hokage-sama's desk. Kakashi stood nonchalantly, leaning up against the wall to the right of the last chair in the cluster. The light illuminated his silver hair and cast shadows over his mask covered face.
 
I wonder if he uses Pantene Pro-V for hair so healthy it shines… thought Vivian.
 
Sandaime was seated at his desk, paper hat and all, most certainly not the woman they were expecting. In front of him on a pillow was a silvery ball. On closer examination of said silvery orb, they discovered it was really a crystal ball duct-taped together.
 
The girls stood looking at the ball of duct-tape that was haphazardly constructed and definitely not done by a skilled person. Some of the ends were sticking up and slightly frayed along the edges that were unpeeling in various places.
 
“And who are these three young ladies, Kakashi?” the Third inquired.
 
Before he was able to respond, Laura jumped in. “I'm Laura, this is Vivian, and Bibi,” while she motioned who was who.
 
“So, what is it that brings you to our village?”
 
“You see, one of them woke up with me.”
 
“Well, is it an odd thing for you to have a girl wake up with you, Kakashi?”