Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Edit the Sad Parts ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor do I have anything to do with its existence…
(Anyone feel like being my beta?)Hey I will apologize in advance for any horrible chess mistakes, I've played a total of 2 games in my life and lost both, so if I made something up, so sue me!
Edit the Sad Parts
Prologue
 
 
The sound of footsteps, would have been easily missed by most, very few ninja would have been able to pick up on the swiftness and stealth of the shinobi that was quickly zoning in on its desired destination. The figure in rags heard it very well, like thunderclaps in a storm. Not very much could get by this woman when she was able to see, but blindness had honed her ears into a useful tool. Her battle hardened face, held a grim somber expression, she looked elderly but it was impossible to assess age. Where she sat in the middle of a deserted town at a bench with a half finished game of chess in front of her, you would in all honest think her common lowly beggar. You would be right and wrong. The sound approached her quickly, soon through the barren and dead city walls a young seemingly young shinobi entered.
 
“Sakura” The voice held no malice, no open mockery, but just the sound of it made the women flinch ever so slightly, but enough to get the desired effect. There was nothing to that voice no emotion. Nothing.
 
“You've found me, congratulations” she did a quick glance up, more instinctual than anything.
 
“Interesting choice of location, Sakura, trying to bring out my nostalgia?” The new Shinobi shuffled restlessly as his statement brought out hearty chuckles from the one called Sakura.
 
“I have long since given up on you having any sense of nostalgia Uchiha Sasuke, around the time you burned our village to the ground.” She took a long swig from her hip flask, a less desirable habit she had picked up from her former sensei. She laughed despite herself, and threw the now empty flask to the ground in front of her. This was the perfect place to end it. Right here in this place where it had all began. She sat on a bench leaning on the monument to the fallen Uchiha, in the middle of the Uchiha clan village, his home.
 
“Sasuke that is a name I haven't been called in a long time” she could only hear his voice but years of experience had made that enough. She didn't reply so he continued. “You've grown old Sakura.”
 
“And I imagine you have not aged a bit, still beautiful, still a monster, that's what it was like last time I saw you. How long has it been since I've seen your face Sasuke, 25 years?” she felt his presence move in front of her, heard the sound of something moving `a chair' she guessed, he sat down in front of her.
 
“It has taken a long time to find you.” He shifted a pawn piece forward on the chess board in front of them. “Do you know why I've come?”
 
“To kill me I'd imagine, just like everyone else.” A rag was covering her eyes but her face was pointed in his direction eerily. She moved her knight. Her free hand hidden in her pocket made a hand seal.
 
“hn, will you die like the dog you've become Sakura? I really expected more” he moved the pawn once more.
 
“I see no reason to fight anymore, I have nothing more to lose” she said it in a lazy fashion. She lightly pushed the knight into the pawn.
 
“Sacrifices are necessary, something you couldn't see when you had eyes.” He moved his bishop diagonally, crushing the knight. “Checkmate, no more moves for you Sakura” even the dark of the night couldn't hide Sakura's wispy grin.
 
“Oh Sasuke you were always so in a rush to defeat your opponent, still missing details I see, you never did have a good concept on bait. Double check” He quickly surveyed the board, and saw what he missed, by moving his bishop he had left his king unprotected, her queen was lined up perfectly to take it. He suddenly detected a huge mass of chakra on the board. Explosive Talisman. He glanced up quickly at the grinning Sakura as her form melted into flower petals. Quick as lightening he responded to the threat by jumping backwards throwing his arms in front of his face attempting to protect his vitals as the tag exploded right in front of him throwing him backwards into the air. He curved his body like a cat arched himself mid air without missing a beat activated his sharingan, and searched for her chakra.
 
“Explosive tags Sakura?” he mocked “Very academy, Iruka would be proud, had I not killed him of course” his attempt at taunting was wasted, the silence remained, it was strange that he could not detect her chakra nor could his eyes sense any movement. It was like she had fled the area. Which he should have been able to detect. Unless. Sasuke quickly put his hands in a quick seal “Kai!” as he suspected, like a veil being lifted from his eyes he could once more detect her chakra. There she was on a building a few yards away.
 
“Interesting technique Sakura, you developed a Genjutsu to mask your chakra, and movement, useless against a normal foe, but perfect for my eyes” he laughed lightly “a shame it could only work once, you wasted your chance again Sakura!”
 
“Wrong!” he heard the voice but was stunned when it didn't come from the figure that he had revealed with the deactivation Jutsu. As if out of nowhere a senbon appeared giving him only a brief chance to jump back and knock the weapon aside. A rain senbon followed circling him and forcing him to take the defensive. He darted his head in every direction attempting to decipher this problem, while dodging the badly thrown senbon. Realizing the Sakura on the roof was a decoy Sasuke attempted to locate the real Sakura with increasing difficulty, finally as the shower of senbon stopped the answer to this problem struck him `a Genjustu within a genjustu' a feat that seemed impossible and had never been done before. Sakura truly was a master of genjutsu. Once more he threw up his hands into a seal “Kai!” the world continued to transform again. This time revealing a much different scenario, the decoy she had placed melted into nothing, and the real Sakura appeared none three feet from him.
 
“Very clever Sakura, you are still a worthy opponent even after all these years, but it ends here” He darted forward but was halted suddenly, like running into a wall, he fell backwards then got a better view, of his situation. Sakura did indeed stand in front of him, but a quick scan of her hands with his Sharingan revealed webs of chakra, he followed a strand with his eyes and found the source of the wall, all around him were the senbon that he had assumed had been thrown haphazardly now he realized formed circle around his body. Attached to each senbon was a web of chakra. She had built a cage surrounding him. He had been trapped.
 
“Checkmate, your reliance on your eyes has finally been your end” her voice wavered the slightest, but the grin on her face was real.
 
“How quickly you forget, you can't kill me and you can't keep me in here for much longer, you have accomplished nothing!” He expected his statement to have more of an impact, but she held her concentration.
 
“I don't need to kill you Sasuke” She quickly made hand seals `rat, horse, monkey, release!' the chakra strings contorted slightly and dropped from her fingers and started crawling on the ground like a slug circling around him. This continued her Justu while freeing her hands.
 
“How much longer can your chakra last Sakura, you're starting to look tired.” She ignored his sardonic tone, and slowly approached him.
 
“I've been waiting for years for you to come to me, so I could end this. Let me show you one last trick, something the final Hokage invented just for this occasion” Sakura began a long sequence of hand seals, impossible for most to perceive, but Sasuke's eyes followed every movement.
 
“Naruto?” He spat angrily “What could he possibly have invented, you put your faith in him again?” He laughed to himself “You are a fool, I'll kill you just as I killed him, he didn't have the courage to defeat me and neither do you!” hiding his growing weariness. He continued to watch the seal sequence; the pattern was like nothing he had ever seen before. He was unable to comprehend what it was leading to. Once the seals ended a small almost barely noticeable white light formed in her palm, slowly the light began to expand. She fought to maintain control as her chakra began to fluctuate; the chakra surrounding him flickered lightly. She screamed in pain as the skin around her hand began to melt away, but she continued anyway. Gasping for breath she staggered towards him and his cage.
 
“Naruto thought you could be rehabilitated; I know your true nature!” She roared violently “He never stopped loving you, right to the moment you killed him he still loved you, but you didn't care!” she sobbed and commenced her approach once more
 
“Love makes you weak, Naruto was pathetic so he died, that is how it is” he sneered idly his voice still gave off an angry tone. Her approach caused him to subconsciously take a step back, but he only hit the chakra field.
 
“This is it Sasuke, I've had knowledge of this Jutsu for years, wondered for a long time what it would do, there is one final step, and for better or for worse this will be over” she was almost to him now, she approached the edge of the cage `I'm sorry Naruto' and with speed he didn't know she could possess she rammed her hand through the barrier onto his seal. There was pain, white light washed over their bodies encompassing them with a sensation of almost being pulled apart, Sakura leeched vast amounts of chakra from his body and with all the power she could mold she released the Jutsu. Then there was nothing. No smell of decay, no sound of vultures, Just silence.
 
 
I also have this fic on fanfiction.net. I have done a bit of editing on it since though.
So ends the prologue! Please review after you read, I want to know if you hated it or liked it. My writing style is still on the verge so sorry for any slip ups!
Later!
Dramamine