Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gone ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He stood at the edge of the monument as the rain dripped down over his sodden uniform. All the others had finally left him there after trying to drag him away. His eyes were dry but rimmed in that unmistakeable red of recently shed tears. So many people had died, it had all began with Orochimaru's invasion. The third dying had left the village in turmoil, then Asuma was gone leaving Kurenai with child, Jiraiya the first of the legendary sannin to leave this world and finally him.
Why was it that the good people always went first? How is it that the bad ones the broken ones get left behind?
It had taken Tsunade-sama over a month to finally lay him to rest. They declared him dead even though there was no body left behind and even in the stupor of grief and guilt the scarred man had seen the truth. She was right, if he could have he would be hear, chuckling at the ridiculousness of it all.
The son of the White Fang, the great Copy Ninja was gone.
The scarred man fell down to his knees, not feeling the bone deep pain as they impacted with the earth, puddles splashing underneath his already soaked form. He reached trembling fingers out to trace across the name inscribed on the memorial stone -Hatake, Kakashi.
He couldn't feel the tears as they streamed from his eyes again, his shadowed and desolate features starring into the distance, unable to believe that he was gone. He remembered nights of warm arms wrapped around his cooling skin, sweet words and needy touches.
It should have been me.
The great Kakashi was a far softer man than most knew when missions had been desperate and fatal he had pulled the pale man in to his arms and held him close until the desolation and loneliness that had pervaded him would ebb away. It would leave behind a gentle and considerate lover, with a penchant for the perverted.
The scarred mans lips curled at the memory of his lover, fingers tracing over the cold granite, resting his back up against the stone monument, eyelids fluttering shut as his head tipped back resting against the solid surface. He slipped into memories of his friend and lover, drowning in his scent, his subtle gestures and soft smiles. He felt the ghost of an embrace slip around his shoulders, even though he knew that there was nothing there but cold hard stone.
He felt the tingling of a heated breath slide across his ear, mumbling quiet words to him as the rain came down. His eyes slid open again and he looked out into the rain. He could see a figure approaching from the trees, but couldn't make out the face of the man, hope rose inside him and he prayed he wasn't dreaming again.
“I love you `Ruka.”