Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kyuushuu Fujin ❯ Do You Steal? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch.3-Do You Steal?Ikouze woke up the next morning,groggy.Her eyes were thick with mucus from crying and were almost swollen shut.Sitting up,she could feel the throbbing in her head.She didn't know how late it was,and for once she didn't want to know.Ikouze jumped as she heard the door click,signaling it being opened."Ikouze?"Risako asked quietly,peeking threw the door."The family is ready to leave.Please come down after you get ready.""Aah,sure.."Ikouze nodded,grabbing at the blankets covering her legs."Hey,Mom?""Yes?"Her mother replied.Forboading laced her tongue."Do you,"Ikouze licked her lips."Do you really believe I'd steal?"Risako made a pained expression on the other side of the door,and move her face to obscure it."I'm not really sure what to believe right now,"She replied to her daughter."But know this.No matter what you do,you are always my daughter.No matter what."Darkness seemed to fall over the little girls face,as Risako finished."Alright then,sweety,"Risako began."I'll show myself out then."Risako pulled herself out of view,and closed the door.The children in the hall could be heard shouting,and generally making a racket.Ikouze's father was also speaking loudly,trying to talk with his wife over the kids.Ikouze felt tears prickle into her already swollen eyes,sending her body into another fit of shudders.The foot falls outside her room were unnerving in her vulnerable position.Curled in on herself,Ikouze waited a while for the tears to stop,which didn't happen for at least a good five minutes.Ikouze groaned as she stretched her legs outward.Shifting her weight,she managed to pull herself onto her knees,and then crawled off the bed.Walking hurriedly,Ikouze reached across the span of her small room in 5 long strides.Opening the chest of drawers by the window,she began to fumble for clothes.In the end she settled for one of her typical sundresses.Blue today,with a black belt.Ikouze also picked up a pair of muddy slippers.These had once been beautiful,with intricate designs in the silk,but now were just as ugly as everything else in Ikouze's closet.She used to think that her grandmother had gotten them for her on a trip,but now she wasn't sure.Her father always teased her about when he gave her something it immediately became wrecked for life.Ikouze laughed bitterly at this,as another onslaught of tears fell.Standing in front of the mirror hanging on her door,Ikouze took a deep breath.It was no wonder,though.She was incredibly anxious about this.While she dressed,her mind began to drift.How would she do without her hand?Which hand would they take?What would she do,when this would effect her chances of becoming a ninja?"Ikouze.Hurry up,we have to get going!"Her mother shouted from the living room."Coming...!"Ikouze replied,still staring into the mirror while grabbing the door knob.She was as ready as she could be."Well,this is it."Swinging the door open,Ikouze ran out of the room."Alright."Her father noted in finality,lacking his usual enthusiasm."We can all get going."--------------------The walk to the hospital was too short for Ikouze.Once there,the family had been directed to a separate waiting room for privacy.Ikouze began quaking in her chair everytime anyone made a noise.Slowly the time passed by.At one point or another,her father said he had to leave for a mission.After almost an hour,Ikouze began to drift asleep,so exhausted from worry that she couldn't stay awake.--------------------"Monkey-San!"Carp yelled,rushing through the dim halls of the Kumo vaults.Every now and again a bright overhead light would catch his shadow,causing it to grow along side the walls."Monkey-San!Sonao-San says we need to hurry the vaults preparations."Carp informed,bowing respectfuly in front of Monkey."How far along is she?"Monkey inquired,watching the hospital staff members prepping one of the chilled vaults.Carp turned to watch also,his air of urgency seemingly gone in his leaders willingness to exchange words."The room is ready,and the medical staff only needs the bandages to get there.We're lucky we have good standing with Fire Country.Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get them.Sonao-San is now going to give the family their paperwork."Carp informed."I see,"Monkey mused.Monkey stepped forward,to catch the staffing's attention."Alright,we need to finish this up.Fujiwara-San is expected to be under anesthesia in 10 minutes at best.We don't have all day,so if there's anything left unfinished,it's on your heads."Monkey ordered,amusement glinting from his distorted eyes as he watched the people in front of him scramble.He then turned to Carp."Meeting adjourned."--------------------"Fujiwa........office..........that's for you to sign.Please don't feel rushed!"Ikouze raised her head."Huuuh..Uah?"She grumbled,forgetting where she was.Her head was flopping to the side,as she woke on the waiting room chair.No one seemed to notice her.A tall female nurse walked over to Fujiwara Risako and smiled gently."Here you go."The woman said,handing Risako a clip board."We're ready for her,whenever."Risako signed her name at the bottom of the paper,clipping the provided pen back onto the board,and handed it back to the nurse with a distinct glare."Alright,follow me,"The woman chirped."Ikouze-San!"All of a sudden Ikouze began to remember where she was.Her heart hammered against her ribcage.The nurse walked over to the door and held it open,still smiling."Come along now."She said,watching Ikouze stand up.The little girl only got one more look at her mother before being pulled into the bright hallway.-------------------"Do you?Do you really believe I'd steal?""I'm not really sure what to believe right now,but know this.No matter what you do,you are always my daughter.No matter what."
Ch.3-Do You Steal?Ikouze woke up the next morning,groggy.Her eyes were thick with mucus from crying and were almost swollen shut.Sitting up,she could feel the throbbing in her head.She didn't know how late it was,and for once she didn't want to know.Ikouze jumped as she heard the door click,signaling it being opened."Ikouze?"Risako asked quietly,peeking threw the door."The family is ready to leave.Please come down after you get ready.""Aah,sure.."Ikouze nodded,grabbing at the blankets covering her legs."Hey,Mom?""Yes?"Her mother replied.Forboading laced her tongue."Do you,"Ikouze licked her lips."Do you really believe I'd steal?"Risako made a pained expression on the other side of the door,and move her face to obscure it."I'm not really sure what to believe right now,"She replied to her daughter."But know this.No matter what you do,you are always my daughter.No matter what."Darkness seemed to fall over the little girls face,as Risako finished."Alright then,sweety,"Risako began."I'll show myself out then."Risako pulled herself out of view,and closed the door.The children in the hall could be heard shouting,and generally making a racket.Ikouze's father was also speaking loudly,trying to talk with his wife over the kids.Ikouze felt tears prickle into her already swollen eyes,sending her body into another fit of shudders.The foot falls outside her room were unnerving in her vulnerable position.Curled in on herself,Ikouze waited a while for the tears to stop,which didn't happen for at least a good five minutes.Ikouze groaned as she stretched her legs outward.Shifting her weight,she managed to pull herself onto her knees,and then crawled off the bed.Walking hurriedly,Ikouze reached across the span of her small room in 5 long strides.Opening the chest of drawers by the window,she began to fumble for clothes.In the end she settled for one of her typical sundresses.Blue today,with a black belt.Ikouze also picked up a pair of muddy slippers.These had once been beautiful,with intricate designs in the silk,but now were just as ugly as everything else in Ikouze's closet.She used to think that her grandmother had gotten them for her on a trip,but now she wasn't sure.Her father always teased her about when he gave her something it immediately became wrecked for life.Ikouze laughed bitterly at this,as another onslaught of tears fell.Standing in front of the mirror hanging on her door,Ikouze took a deep breath.It was no wonder,though.She was incredibly anxious about this.While she dressed,her mind began to drift.How would she do without her hand?Which hand would they take?What would she do,when this would effect her chances of becoming a ninja?"Ikouze.Hurry up,we have to get going!"Her mother shouted from the living room."Coming...!"Ikouze replied,still staring into the mirror while grabbing the door knob.She was as ready as she could be."Well,this is it."Swinging the door open,Ikouze ran out of the room."Alright."Her father noted in finality,lacking his usual enthusiasm."We can all get going."--------------------The walk to the hospital was too short for Ikouze.Once there,the family had been directed to a separate waiting room for privacy.Ikouze began quaking in her chair everytime anyone made a noise.Slowly the time passed by.At one point or another,her father said he had to leave for a mission.After almost an hour,Ikouze began to drift asleep,so exhausted from worry that she couldn't stay awake.--------------------"Monkey-San!"Carp yelled,rushing through the dim halls of the Kumo vaults.Every now and again a bright overhead light would catch his shadow,causing it to grow along side the walls."Monkey-San!Sonao-San says we need to hurry the vaults preparations."Carp informed,bowing respectfuly in front of Monkey."How far along is she?"Monkey inquired,watching the hospital staff members prepping one of the chilled vaults.Carp turned to watch also,his air of urgency seemingly gone in his leaders willingness to exchange words."The room is ready,and the medical staff only needs the bandages to get there.We're lucky we have good standing with Fire Country.Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get them.Sonao-San is now going to give the family their paperwork."Carp informed."I see,"Monkey mused.Monkey stepped forward,to catch the staffing's attention."Alright,we need to finish this up.Fujiwara-San is expected to be under anesthesia in 10 minutes at best.We don't have all day,so if there's anything left unfinished,it's on your heads."Monkey ordered,amusement glinting from his distorted eyes as he watched the people in front of him scramble.He then turned to Carp."Meeting adjourned."--------------------"Fujiwa........office..........that's for you to sign.Please don't feel rushed!"Ikouze raised her head."Huuuh..Uah?"She grumbled,forgetting where she was.Her head was flopping to the side,as she woke on the waiting room chair.No one seemed to notice her.A tall female nurse walked over to Fujiwara Risako and smiled gently."Here you go."The woman said,handing Risako a clip board."We're ready for her,whenever."Risako signed her name at the bottom of the paper,clipping the provided pen back onto the board,and handed it back to the nurse with a distinct glare."Alright,follow me,"The woman chirped."Ikouze-San!"All of a sudden Ikouze began to remember where she was.Her heart hammered against her ribcage.The nurse walked over to the door and held it open,still smiling."Come along now."She said,watching Ikouze stand up.The little girl only got one more look at her mother before being pulled into the bright hallway.-------------------"Do you?Do you really believe I'd steal?""I'm not really sure what to believe right now,but know this.No matter what you do,you are always my daughter.No matter what."