Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kyuushuu Fujin ❯ Hanami Interlude ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch.6-Hanami Interlude"Yeah!"Yukiichi yelled,jumping up and down at the sound of the guitar.Shou and Shaberi observed him from a distance,standing behind a conviniently placed Ramune Stand.The two watched their older brother letting go for once.Even that young,they knew that Yukiichi would be back to his normal polite,if not a bit grouchy,self bright and early tommorow morning.Yukiichi was taking over larger portions of clan duties lately,and never seemed to have the time or energy to goof off.The crowds on the streets of Kumo were seemingly too tremendous for all three siblings to take it in.Vender after vender.Line after line.Kumo was buzzing with activity.Shou crunched happily on some food he couldn't quite identify,that was more or less fried in a blue-tinted sauce.His spiky black hairs wiggled in his sisters face,making her nose tickle,and they looked at each other silent mirth."Ehyo,Fujiwara-Kun!"Yelled a loud voice,almost crashing the boy's mood.Yukiichi turned around slowly,to come face-to-hat with one of Ikouze's friends.The 4-Foot-Tall chipmunk,Fuumiko.He gritt his teeth as her face split into a gap-toothed smile.Oh,and what do we have here?She was being tailed by The Woodchuck(Omoi),The Chicken(Rikami),and The Ape(Reiko).Yukiichi loved him some nicknames."Yes,"He started hesitantly."Kunihiko-Chan?"Fuumiko smiled broader,already knowing of Yukiichi's dislike of her.Let's just say that the feelings were mutual.Very,very mutual,indeed."Where's my Iku-Chaaaaaan!"The girl whined,getting as close to the black haired chunin as possible."I want ALL my bestest friends.Where's Iku-Chan?"'Ah,blunt as always,Chipmunk-Reject!So nice of you to scream in my EARS!!'Yukiichi thought as he searched the area for a possible escape route."A-ah,well she should be here by now..."He said,scratching the back of his neck."Maybe you should look harder?Perhaps over by the dentists office?"Low.The suggestion was obviously intended as a veiled insult.A thinly veiled insult if at all.'Well,you can't blame me,can you?'Yukiichi thought,as he watched the girl puff up her chest and stalk off.'Such a scary mouth!'"Well,at least you can create lovely music!"The chunin yelled after her,goading with enthusiasm."Who needs a voicebox with such extroardinarily LARGE TEE-""Stop."Oh,so NOW she shows up.'Yukiichi looked down to his side to see his cousin,Ikouze,shooting him daggers from her eyes."Hey Ikouze,your friends just left here.Why don't you go after them?"Yukiichi pleaded gently."You know,BEFORE they come back?""No."Ikouze's casted arm hung limply in her hospital-blue sling.Her dull grey eyes glared out at her brother as she plopped down on the dirt roadway.She only seemed half-way interested in the band playing on the make-shift stage in front of them."Oh,monosyllabic responses.Are we reverting to 3 year old mentality?"Yukiichi teased,crouching down and putting an arm around Ikouze.Nothing.The boy thought quickly and 'magicaly' pulled a sucker out of his back pouch.He handed it to Ikouze and counted."WE aren't doing anything."Ikouze sighed,and rested her head on her brothers shoulder.'Responsive at long last!'Yukiichi thought,counting on a point for himself.Such an accomplished fellow he was."Now,is this about your hand?"He stated,tactlessly.Ikouze face fell as she twisted her head around to see Yukiichi's braindead expression.The two would probably never know how much like true siblings they looked."If I say yes,you'll keep feeding me."Ikouze stated,and began crunching on her sucker."So,yes."-----------------------------Shou looked from adult to adult,not quite understanding what they were whispering about.Of course,his parents were talking with his Aniki,so it could be anything.He watched as disregarded worry flew over his Aniki's face.He didn't understand.----------------------------YUKIICHI'S POV'My god,I was right!They ARE sending her away!Shit!'I thought,trying to understand the two wholey different minds that played in front of me.One a master at manipulation,with a warm outward facade.Mom.'I mean,she's seriously SOME kind of manipulator!'The other was a loud,unreasonable hothead,with good intentions.Dad.'Between the two,I'll never get a word in edge-wise.'As much as I wanted to reflect on this,the matters at hand just couldn't be left where they were."Come ON Dad,you're being unreasonable.You know I expect this from Mom,being raised in the clan,but you....Why?"It was all I could ask as my words spilled out.I couldn't keep my thoughts in anymore.Was there something else that happened to get them both to this point?My suspicions were confirmed as Dad began to speak,"Son,"I winced as he began."I had a talk with Hirano-San the other day."'Oh.Ouch.'Hirano Atataki is an important member of the Counsil,and Specificly the Clan Allience.This really couldn't be a good thing.Especialy with the way Dad's talking."I've decided that this is best for the family.For the Fujiwara Clan."Dad whispered proudly and I felt sick.'Oh,it's another one of their honer speaches.Fucking fantastic!'Mom hugged Dad and continued for him.Like he couldn't speak for himself!"Son,we're sending Ikouze to Bird Country to live with a friend of mine.I met her a while back,and I'm sure eveything will be fine."Mom said,trying to create a calm impression on my mind."I ask you to please travel with her up until the border between Fire and Kaikaku."I couldn't really argue with her.I'm mean,she's Mom!But I honestly can say that I'm dissapointed in Dad.How could he agree to something like this?---------------------------NORMAL POV"Fire Country,huh?"Yukiichi nodded."Yeah,I'll take her."And so,Kezaku and Risako spent their night restlessly packing their bought goods away for Ikouze's journey,and dodging accusing looks from Yukiichi,their honerary helper.Tommorow would be Ikouze's final day in Kumo.At least,for a year.