Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto of the Mirage ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tsunade, Anko and the Hokage made their way back to Naruto's hospital room. Anko was more than a bit nervous about meeting her son that she didn't know survived the Kyuubi attack, for the first time. She was surprised that the Hokage had allowed her to regain custody of Naruto, since she was a former apprentice of Orochimaru, plus her son was the Kyuubi vessel. She had no doubt, that life would be rough for the two, at least for a while.
 
As the trio entered the room, they found the blonde asleep in the overly large bed, making his already malnourished frame seem even smaller. Anko let out a sob, seeing her son in his present condition. She quickly rushed to his side and held his sleeping form in her arms. Seeing mother and son reunited in such a fashion made both the Hokage and Tsunade smile. Tsunade went to check on his charts, to see how he was progressing. After reading the clip-board attached to the end of the bed, her face fell into a frown, and she motioned for Sarutobi to follow her into the hallway.
 
“Sensei, no one has checked up on the boy, since I finished with him, except for me and Shizune. Isn't there one doctor here who doesn't see him as the demon?” She asked her anger showing.
 
The Sandaime let out a sigh and frowned.
 
“I was unaware that the staff harbored such a grudge against Naruto, of course this is his first time in the hospital, so I really had no previous knowledge of the staff's reaction.” He said.
 
Tsunade's scowl deepened as she heard two idiot nurses complaining about the demon brat.
 
“Tsunade, I have a request for you.” Sarutobi said. “I know that you have lost a lot of faith in this village, but I want you to come back. I would like you to be able to check on Naruto, since you are the only medic Nin, not biased against him. If you don't want to take on the role of a ninja again, would you at least consider running the hospital?”
 
Tsunade stared at him with a glint of anger in her eyes.
 
“I'm sorry sensei, but that's not happening anytime soon. I'll stay until Naruto is well enough to leave with his mom, but after that I'm leaving again.” She said. Suddenly a look of compassion washed over her young looking face. “But, I will stop by a couple times a year to check on him and to make sure that his bloodline isn't acting up.”
 
Sarutobi just nodded, and headed towards the room of Uchiha Sasuke. Sasuke was lying in his bed, depressed after witnessing the brutal murder of his parents at the hands of his older brother, who had then used the genjutsu Tsukiyomi (Moon Reader), which forced the eight year old to relive the murder of his entire clan for three days. Right now the black haired, black eyed boy was laying on his side, staring out the window.
 
“How are you today, Sasuke-kun?” Asked the old man.
 
The boy simply looked over at him, but didn't say any thing; he simply rolled back over and resumed moping.
 
Sarutobi was greatly saddened by this turn of events, as the last remaining Uchiha that was loyal to Konoha, he was important to the survival of the sharingan bloodline. Although, now that Naruto had incorporated it into his own DNA, there were now two people who could pass it on to their children.
 
“Sasuke,” The Hokage started “There is someone I want you to meet.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Naruto awoke to find himself in a dark, damp, creepy hallway, with pipes and a faint glow at the end of the hallway. Feeling an irresistible urge to follow, Naruto headed towards the light. When he arrived, he found himself facing a large gate, with a simple piece of paper stuck to the front of it that said `Seal'. Suddenly a large pair of blood red eyes, with black slit pupils leered at the small boy.
 
The first thing that ran through Naruto's mind was, `What the hell' followed closely by an audible “What the hell, I can see again!”
 
“Brat, that's because you aren't in the conscious world yet. You're in your mind.” A deep voice echoed through the cavernous hallway.
 
“Who are you?” Asked Naruto; staring into the red eyes without blinking.
 
“I am the great Kyuubi!” The voice rang out.
 
“Eh, but your dead, how can you be in my head? I must be dreaming.” Naruto yelled and then muttered. “Ok, I'll cut back from five bowls of ramen before bed to four.”
 
“I am most certainly not dead!” The Kyuubi retorted. “I was sealed inside of you by the one you call Yondaime. I am doomed to stay trapped in here until you die, thus taking me with you to the afterlife.”
 
“Wait, you're sealed inside of me?!” Naruto's voice was full of shock and surprise. If this was the great demon that attacked Konoha, than that would explain why people always said mean things to him. “You! You're the reason that everyone hates me? Aren't you? You're the reason that no one will help me, and no one will let their kids play with me! You're the reason that I don't have any family!” The boy screamed, tears beginning to flow from his eyes.
 
Upon seeing the boy, who had stood up to more hardships in his short seven years of life, than most people did in a life time, begin to cry the Kyuubi's eyes couldn't help but soften a bit.
 
“Yeah, kid, I'm the reason that everyone hates you. I'm the reason that they keep their offspring away from you. But I think you'll find that you are mistaken, I had nothing to do with your lack of family.” The deep bass voice of the legendary fox rang out.
 
“What do you mean, I don't have a family, no one loves me enough to give me one!” Naruto yelled. But suddenly, the cage began to dissolve around him, along with the back ground, and Naruto slowly felt himself wake up.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Sarutobi and Sasuke entered a room to see a woman who had dark hair that almost looked purple, holding a boy with blonde hair and bandages over his eyes. Both were sleeping, the women holding the blonde to her chin.
 
“That is Uzumaki Naruto; the bandages are from where your brother attacked him and hacked at his eyes.”
 
At this, Sasuke looked shocked, he knew that his brother was deranged, but hacking out the eyes of a child was wrong, even for a homicidal maniac.
 
“To save his life, a student of mine transplanted the eyes of one of your clansmen into Naruto. He'll have the sharingan, and due to his bloodline limit, he will be able to pass it on to his children.” The third explained.
 
“Hokage-sama, why are you doing this?” Sasuke asked.
 
The third smiled at the young Uchiha. “Naruto is, or rather, was an orphan. The woman you see with him is his biological mother, since Naruto was born during the Kyuubi attack, records were messed up and they were separated. I thought that since the two of you share the same bloodline, that we should keep you two together, that is, if you would like to.” The third explained.
 
“Do you mean; live with them?” Sasuke asked, with a hint of joy in his voice.
 
“If you want to, than yes, Anko is a jounin, so she has many difficult missions that may last a long time. If you were to join them, she wouldn't have to worry about Naruto while she was away.” The third explained.
 
“I would like that a lot, if they would have me.” Sasuke said, after only a few seconds of thought.
 
The Sandaime just smiled and walked the boy back to his room. He would talk with Anko and Naruto about this later. If she refused, he could always make it a mission.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA