Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto of the Mirage ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sasuke woke up with a splitting headache and a funny taste in his mouth. He looked around and quickly deduced that he was in some hospital wing, although he couldn't identify which. Pushing the covers off of his chest he sat up and shut his eyes against the harsh light emanating from the windows. Hearing the easily identifiable sounds of his brother snoring, he looked to his left and saw Naruto laying face up on the adjacent bed. As the sunlight crept onto Naruto's face, the boy turned over, exposing the back of his neck. The inverse tomoe of the cursed seal glared at the Uchiha survivor and suddenly the memories from the forest of death came pouring back into his head.
 
He remembered the adrenaline rush that the seal gave him, the extreme feeling of invulnerability and most of all the power. Oh the power, it was like a drug, he remembered the power he held over Zaku and remembered that he had dislocated every joint in the boy's arms. He quickly ran to the trashcan in the corner of the room and nearly vomited. It wasn't from the fact that he had broken a person completely, or that he had ignored his teammate, but his tone of voice when he spoke those words.
 
“Such a pity too, you were so proud of those arms of yours.”
 
`I…I sounded so much like…him. But I'm - I'm nothing like Itachi. Am I?' He asked himself, expecting no response. `Ah, but are you? Are you truly different, you were always looking up to him; it is him who you are constantly judging yourself against. You wish to emulate him, which is why you will come around…in time.' A sinister voice not his own replied
 
Caught unawares by the new voice, Sasuke surveyed the room for intruders. He found no one.
 
`That won't do at all boy, I'm afraid that you won't be able to rid yourself of me with a silly kunai.' The same voice goaded him.
 
“Who are you?” The now paranoid boy demanded.
 
`Me? I'm no one really. I'm simply you.' With that the voice went silent and didn't answer any more questions.
 
“Sasuke?”
 
This time when surveyed the room he noticed that Anko was looking at him having just woken up from a fitful sleep by the side of her biological son.
 
“Kaa-san…I…he…Orochimaru…Naruto sacrificed himself…I broke Zaku's arms…” The broken sentence from her adopted son confirmed every one of her worries as she watched the usually calm face that Sasuke kept up fall.
 
“Why? Why is he like this, I was ok…but he I don't know…so much chakra…” He tried to ask.
 
“Naruto…the seal forcibly draws out chakra from within the victim…Orochimaru…he put a seal over the Kyuubi seal and blocked off Naruto…mostly. Some how, the seal didn't completely seal off the chakra…and the cursed seal…it forcibly withdrew demonic chakra at such a great amount that some civilians on the other end of Konoha fainted.”
 
“I-it drew out the fox's chakra?” Sasuke stammered.
 
“Hai.” She replied running a hand threw his hair. “We've sent for Tsunade but she won't be here for a few days, and well…you two are supposed to be in the preliminary fights in two hours.”
 
The amount of time that seemed to disappear from Sasuke suddenly caught up with him.
 
“What happened? That last thing I remember is Naruto's seal activating and surpassing mine, but since that was Kyuubi's chakra I'm not surprised.”
 
“Sakura and Team Ten managed to carry you two to the tower and Sakura summoned myself and the Hokage through the scrolls. He then sealed up the cursed seal with the Fuuja Houin. (Evil sealing method.) Now I want you to understand something. The seal will stop the Heaven seal from spreading, but the force that is preventing it from doing so, is your own will power. Or it would be normally. Hokage-sama has developed a newer version of the seal and got to try it out on the two of you. No longer is it your own will power that holds the seal at bay, it is Naruto's. You're will power holds his seal in check. This means that if you succumb to the seal, his containment seal will break.” Anko recapped all of the important events from the previous three days for her son.
 
“But why? If I am weak than Naruto will suffer because of me?” Sasuke argued.
 
“That is one of the reasons that the seal was done this way. Hokage-sama recognizes that Naruto's will power is exceptionally hard to break. He also realizes that despite the possible threat that this procedure poses, he trusts you to protect your brother. I know that Naruto would agree, you are not weak in any way, shape or form.”
 
It was at that moment that Naruto began to stir in his bed.
 
“Uh, Kaa-chan, what happened? Is everyone all right?” He asked with his eyes still closed due to their sensitivity.
 
Anko smiled at her son and began to recount the happenings of the previous three days to him.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
While Anko and her son's were getting reacquainted, Kabuto's team was meeting with their true jounin instructor.
 
“I'm sorry Orochimaru-sama, but Sasuke was able to get out of the forest before I could gather more information on him.” The spy reported.
 
“I am disappointed Kabuto…however there is now another player in my plans and you would be advised to gather information on him as well. I believe you are aware of him…Uzumaki Naruto. Or should I say, Mitarashi Naruto.” The snake sannin grinned evilly at his spy.
 
“M-Mitarashi!” Kabuto was taken aback by the new information. “Then that would mean that…that the senshin…is alive and well!”
 
“Indeed it is Kabuto, but that is not the only good thing to come of this excursion into familiar territory. It would seem that Naruto and Sasuke are closer than we thought. If we are able to lure one to our side…”
 
“Than the other would surely follow.” Kabuto finished. Amazed at the luck of the situation.
 
“Not only one, but possibly two. You forget, Anko-chan was the only one to survive giving birth to one of my `children' and she could still prove useful to us. I want you to amend the contingency plan for an extra two `passengers'.”
 
“Hai, Orochimaru-sama, I will do it immediately.”
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Naruto was in a bad mood. First of all he is told that he has about two hours to prepare for the preliminary rounds of the third exam, and that he is forbidden from taking any medical aide until after his fights, unless he has it on him. That wouldn't be a problem normally, that is a distinct advantage of having a nine tailed demon sealed inside of you, but fate was feeling especially vindictive today, and had seen fit to give him a severe case of chakra exhaustion. He didn't have enough chakra to perform Kage Bunshin, or Mizu Bunshin and although the Goguoufuuin (Five elemental seal) had been removed, courtesy of the Sandaime, he still couldn't use the Mastery of Water and Ice. He barely had enough to sustain the sharingan for a minute or two at the most, and he could maybe - maybe produce a magnetic pulse once.
 
`If I ever needed another reason to hate the snake freak, I think I might have just found it.' He thought.
 
He wanted to get to the arena where the fights were to be held, but was forced to wait. Sakura was patrolling the hallway in front of his room and she wanted answers. He didn't want to give them, and so the very boring game of cat and mouse began.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA