Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto of the Mirage ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The first figure visible through the thick haze was Anko, although few would recognize her. She stood up from her cramped position to the shock of the Konoha shinobi and the sound four alike. Orochimaru was pleased with the new appearance of his former subordinate and was anxiously waiting to see Sasuke's new form. The most noticeable difference in Anko's appearance was her skin, which had gone from soft and fleshy, to a grayish purple color that resembled her hair color and seemed to be made of scales. She had bright yellow cones under her eyes, like Kiba, except that these ran down the length of her face, as well as her arms, in the form of stripes. From the outsides of her forearms, grew two scales which seemed more like a square turned on its corner. These were about a foot from her body at their longest point and were the entire length of her forearm. Judging from the gashes in her coat, they were extremely sharp and probably capable of causing major damage. Her nose had pushed up slightly in the front, as if someone had punched it, and her canines had elongated into fangs, which became visible for the first time as she liked her lips of a bead of sweat, which had accumulated due to the heat. Her eye lids opened, much too quickly for someone who had been entrapped in a claustrophobic container, revealing golden yellow eyes, whose pupils had transformed into slits, just like a snake. Ridges, where her eyebrows once were, shaded her sensitive eyes from the harsh light and she took a shuddering breath, still acclimatizing herself to her new body.
 
A mighty gust of wind swept through the area, evacuating the dust and smoke that still lingered about, revealing what was once hidden. There stood Sasuke, transformed by the power of his seal and his demonic heritage, into a new form that oozed power and chakra. Two enormous black feathered wings folded back down on themselves, after clearing the air around the body they were attached to. His skin was lined with thick lines that all stemmed from the center of his chest, which had grown so much muscle mass that it had ripped the shirt he had been wearing, to pieces which hung from his shoulders. His hands had grown boney, resembling claws, complete with sharp talons on their tips. Two horns which resembled a bull's grew from the sides of his forehead, before turning and pointing straight foreword. This made his hair fall over his eyes, obscuring the red of the sharingan behind pitch black locks. The final addition to the new ensemble was the migration of the cursed seal of heaven from his neck to his left bicep. Instead of the three tomoe, the marks now resembled a stylized `S' with another`s' imposed behind it.
 
Upon seeing the transformation of his seal, Orochimaru's eyes widened in shock, this was not supposed to happen! Somehow, he had broken the connection which had been formed when the former sannin had marked the boy. The Sasuke that stood before him was no longer a pawn of his.
 
Sasuke felt his internal devil take control of his body, immediately after he had emerged from the blackness of his unconscious mind.
 
Finally! I am free, free to avenge the injustices I have suffered!” Devil spoke shakily, testing out Sasuke's voice for the first time. Looking over at Naruto's prone body he began to walk towards it, only to be stopped by the transformed Anko. The lids around the Sharingan narrowed.
 
You have your own revenge, allow me to have mine!” Devil's personality had made Sasuke's voice deeper and more menacing than should be allowed on a twelve year old. When Anko didn't move Sasuke tried to walk around her, but Anko stood tall, protecting her son, even if she wasn't doing it consciously.
 
What iss the point of fighting an unconciouss opponent?” Her voice had picked up a hiss in this form, making her sound more like her sensei. Can you not feel it? He will awaken sssoon, wait until then.” Making eye contact with her adopted son, Anko saw the resignation in his eyes as his posture shifted to a neutral stance. Seeing this, she too blurred out of existence, showing off the speed she had gained in this form, and reappeared behind Orochimaru, who had been fast enough to dodge the initial slice from her Spiegel blade like appendages, but still took a deep slice to his cheek.
 
Sasuke eyed the two closest figures to himself and his true opponent. Chouji was a bit worried about the new form of his comrade, who was leaking chakra enough to surely be felt back in Konoha. Jirobo was looking on in shock; this brat's power was many times his own. Thankfully the second level of the cursed seal had a built in predetermination to follow orders from Orochimaru, so Sasuke would more or less be brainwashed. What Jirobo didn't know would cost him.
 
In a flash of black Sasuke reappeared in front of the fat sound nin, grabbing his face in his clawed hands and actually lifting him off the ground with one hand. Flames spread over the body of the captured ninja so fast that no one had a chance to react before Jirobo had been reduced to a smoldering pile of bones and ignited human oils.
 
Tell the fox that I will be waiting for him at the waterfall on the boarder. If he doesn't show up in ten minutes, I will return and kill everyone I see.” The demonic Sasuke ordered Chouji to relate that message, although the Akimichi was a bit confused as to what he meant by fox, but would risk his life over it. He nodded, but had to hold down a shudder as his eyes connected with the Uchiha. Sasuke turned his back to the entire situation and walked a few paces away from Chouji, before his dark wings spread open to their full seven feet span, before making a mighty sweep downwards, propelling the boy into the sky and towards the valley of the end.
 
Once that happened, all hell broke loose. Orochimaru and Kabuto attempted to follow after the boy, but were stopped by Anko and Jiraiya. Neji made a pass at his opponent, Kidomaru and was able to connect with a Rokujuu Yonshou. He was about to finish off his opponent, but was shocked to find that Kidomaru had been secreting a substance over his entire skin made of chakra that blocked his attack. He followed as the boy lead him towards the edge of the surrounding forest to continue his assault. The Oto ninja, who had initially written off his opponent, was now a bit worried. He hadn't suspected that the white eyed brat could pierce his body armor.
 
`That brat is too dangerous to let in close; I'll have to finish him off sniper style.' He formulated his plan while making sure that the kid was still following him.
 
Neji was hoping to catch up quickly, he didn't know how long it took to reform that silk armor, but if he wanted to connect with tenketsu, and not silk, he should act quickly. Making up ground quickly, Neji pulled even with the spider boy and proceeded to attack him once more, his speed flowed into the sixty-four hands easily. He landed hit after hit, but something was off. Kidomaru was trying to catch his hands. He was off, but every time Neji struck, his hands kept coming closer to catching Neji's. On the fifty-seventh of sixty-four strikes, Kidomaru caught up. Seemingly from no where, an extra pair of hands burst from the boy's shirt and caught Neji's arms at the elbows. Taking the opportunity, Kidomaru spat his chakra fabricated web and was able to encase Neji in the sticky substance, though it took almost all of the chakra he could reach to do so.
 
“Bastard cut me off from my most of my chakra. He's no threat now though; I can kill him at my leisure.” The tan spider man was about to leave, when he heard the sound of silk being sheared. He spun around and was shocked to see Neji stand up from the remnants of his impromptu sleeping bag.
 
“If sixty-four hands weren't enough, how about this?” Neji asked as he attacked his opponent, who was still rooted to the ground, with his newest technique.
 
Hakke Hyaku NijÅ«hachi ShÅ!” (Eight Trigrams One Hundred Twenty-Eight Palms)
 
After the first few blows, Kidomaru had basically taken a Rokujuu Yonshou, but still Neji pressed on. He didn't stop until 128 tenketsu had been closed, on top of the previous fifty-six, leaving him with even less chakra than Lee.
 
From his prone position on the ground, Kidomaru had no choice but to activate his cursed seal, in an attempt to force some chakra through his coils. It was successful, but all it did was open his tenketsu, it barely added any chakra to his reserves.
 
`Damn kid is going to make me go level two? I'll kill him for this!' Kidomaru felt the rush of chakra as he ascended into his second stage, his skin became much darker, and his arms grew in muscle mass. He grew horns on his head and some horn like appendages on his elbows. His hair grew out and turned white, to match his white fangs. Neji was shocked at this transformation, never having seen the transition to level two, just the result. This was the only opportunity that Kidomaru needed to summon a large spider and escape into the trees. Neji paid the arachnid no heed; he just hurled an explosive kunai at the summoned creature and made to chase after his prey, but was stopped by three more spiders. If they hadn't looked exactly like the one he had just squashed he might never have taken a second to think about it, but these miniature spiders were clones of the larger one which now had a large hole in it's abdomen. Peering at the arachnid through his byakugan, he noticed that from the hole, hundreds, if not thousands of these miniature spiders were pouring out.
 
They were easy enough to destroy, as they couldn't really stand up to a jyuken strike, but their never ending numbers forced Neji to use the 128 palms attack multiple times and he lost track of his six armed opponent for a critical second.
 
Kidomaru had stationed himself on a tree branch about twenty yards away from the Hyuuga boy who had pushed him this far. Secreting more of the chakra thread from his body, he made a bow, made of the same type of thread as his body armor, and proceeded to fabricate an arrow from the same material. He was able to sight his target easily and drew his string back, in preparation for the shot. As Neji's body was twisting around the smaller arachnids, Kidomaru let loose his bolt with accuracy that would make Tenten jealous. Neji spotted the shot through his byakugan and seamlessly switched from offense to defense. His kaiten blew away the spiders that were trying to latch onto him and deflected the arrow with ease.
 
Kidomaru cursed the boy's defense. He prepped another arrow and waited for Neji to slow down. As soon as the kaiten began to die down, he loosed the gold arrow from his bow, aimed directly for Neji's neck.
 
Neji just managed to see the lethal dart out of the corner of his enhanced sight, but could do little to prevent it from piercing his body. However, where it pierced, he could change. By purposefully stumbling to his left, the arrow sliced through his right shoulder, tearing muscle and tendon easily. Neji knew he could no longer perform the advance jyuken techniques that labeled him as a genius and saw only one way to end this fight. It would require the use of his left arm, since his right hung at his side, useless. Neji's sight retracted from the binocular mode that he used so often and turned into his own body. Upon finding the first of his specified targets, he applied the jyuken to his own body, specifically his head. The apparent suicidal move caught Kidomaru off guard and he let the tension on his latest arrow, a spiral tipped head that would pierce anything, kaiten included, slack. Neji then proceeded to disappear in a blur of motion that caught the arachnid off guard. Neji's path towards his opponent was far from straight, but he appeared for an instant in the vision of Kidomaru, which gave the sound ninja just enough information to guess at the Hyuuga's next position. Sure enough, Neji appeared directly in front of the startled boy and delivered a palm thrust to Kidomaru's chest, which liquefied his heart and passed through his body and destroyed the tree he had been resting on. However, as the final strike had been delivered, Kidomaru had unleashed his attack, which passed cleanly through Neji's stomach, a serious wound that may prove fatal if he couldn't receive attention soon.
 
Neji fell to the ground from twenty feet in the air and landed on his front, cracking some of his ribs.
 
“Ugh, I never thought that f-forcing open a gate would be so hard on my b-body.” He breathed out before the pain of his injuries forced him into blackness.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Not long after Neji had left the group, Naruto had awoken, as promised by his mother. His eyes flickered open and began searching his surroundings. He didn't recognize the area as being foreign, so he must still be in Fire country, but he was no where near Konoha. He stretched his arms out, to shake off the slight bit of rust he felt from not using them in a while and proceeded to stand up. His attention was snapped when he noticed the transformation his mother had gone through. The snake had lied to him! Naruto began to move towards Orochimaru, in an attempt to help his mother and punish the snake, but was stopped by the voice of Chouji.
 
“Naruto, um Sasuke-“
 
Upon hearing his brother's name, Naruto spun and looked at the young Akimichi.
 
“What about Sasuke?” He ordered.
 
“Sasuke, well he transformed into some kind of dark angel thing, and he tried to attack you, but your Mom got him to wait until you woke up, and then he said he'd be waiting for `the fox' at the waterfall at the valley of the end, and if you didn't appear in about eight minutes from now, he'd return and kill everyone.” Chouji spoke very fast, he wanted to go help Kiba who had disappeared with the pale boy, Sakon a minute ago.
 
Naruto nodded and sped away from the battle field towards his brother, not sure of what to expect.
 
Upon noticing his perfect vessel escaping, Orochimaru once more tried to make an attempt to follow the boy, but was stopped by Anko, who took the head off the lump of mud he had to use to escape. Without his arm, Orochimaru was useless against his former subordinate, who thanks to his seal, was fighting on sannin level easily, and his old sensei. Having no other choice, he tried to escape by disappearing into the ground, but was stopped by Anko, who had pushed her own arms into the ground and drug him back out.
 
“The only esscape you'll have today isss death!” She hissed before once again attacking her former sensei, only for him to turn into mud and try to counter attack with the Kusangi, which wasn't very effective against Anko's new scales. Her skin was more like carbon steel than flesh, and made her very difficult to injure. He needed a distraction to escape, and he needed one fast. When he saw the only member of his elite guard that was still in the area, Tayuya, he had found his distraction.
 
He raced over to her, a move which forced the Konoha shinobi to protect Shikamaru, and bit his hand, drawing blood, as if he were going to summon something. But instead of Manda or another of his snake summons, his blood covered the cursed seal and he had his distraction. By undoing the seal, Orochimaru had turned his subordinate into a bomb that would be equivalent to releasing all eight of the celestial gates at once. The resulting release of chakra created a crater that was quite deep and what must have been at least fifteen feet wide. This provided enough of a distraction for the snake traitor to escape into the ground, as well as knocking Shikamaru into a tree, bruising a number of ribs, as well as scattering the Sandaime some thirty feet towards Neji. Not being able to massacre her target had snapped Anko's mind somehow and a need for blood took over. The problem was that her eyes landed on Jiraiya as the target of this bloodlust.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Chouji had indeed managed to find Kiba and Sakon…as well as his twin brother Ukon, who happened to live inside his brother's body. Even though Kiba and Akamaru had used the JÅ«jin Bunshin, (Beast Human clone) turning Akamaru into a second Kiba, they were having a difficult time dealing with the twins, who had grown opposing horns, as well as armor over different sides of their bodies. Kiba had succeeded in separating the two from each other, but was having trouble landing a decisive hit on them. Chouji quickly moved to help his fellow genin, and used Bubun Baika no Jutsu (partial multi size technique) to enlarge his palms and managed to slam Ukon into the ground. Unfortunately, the strange boy got up from the crater; more annoyed than damaged and turned his attention to Chouji. Moving so fast that he only appeared as a blur, Ukon landed a series of punches to the young Akimichi's stomach, an attack that Chouji was able to neutralize by transforming his entire body with the baika no jutsu. (Multi size technique) Moving into his next attack smoothly, Chouji curled into a ball and steam rolled at his opponent. Ukon was forced to jump out of the way and had turned around to gloat, only to see the giant bowling ball come back at him. Having no time to leap away, he was forced to dive to the side in an attempt not to be crushed completely.
 
Showing a bit of maneuvering that didn't look like it belonged on the big boned, Chouji immediately spun around and succeeded in rolling over Ukon, stopping to add pressure for good measure. However, Ukon was more resilient than he looked, and used a technique similar to the inner decapitation to escape. He had taken damage, nothing life threatening, but annoying none the less. He had to recuperate inside his brother's body, probably for no more than ten minutes, but it was too long for his tastes.
 
Kiba wasn't faring any better than Ukon, and was in a large bind. He just couldn't land a hit on the slippery Sakon; even with the Gatsūga (Double piercing fang) he hadn't been able to do any damage.
 
“Akamaru, I know we haven't perfected that technique yet, but I think it's our only hope right now.” Kiba asked for the input of his canine companion. The transformed dog just yipped in approval, and the two performed a quick series of hand seals before being enveloped in a large cloud.
 
“Like I'm going to give you the chance to perform any moves!” Sakon sneered and charged blindly into the cloud, only to receive the full brunt of a massive paw swipe. He caught himself against the tree before he could be damaged even more and eyed his opponent now. Where there were once two pathetic genin, there was now a two headed wolf that had to be two stories tall. Its slobber was running from one of its maws onto the ground, making the ground slicker than ice.
 
Here we go! GarÅga!” (Double wolf fang) This time, the spin of claws and teeth was so large that even in his cursed state, Sakon had immense trouble avoiding becoming a chew toy. He was surprised when he felt cuts on his armored skin begin to open after avoiding a close strike.
 
`The vortex from that attack is actually able to cut through my armor! I couldn't survive a direct hit if I wanted to!' He realized. He was forced to dodge another tornado of dog, sustaining more injuries, negligible though they were. This time, his movement didn't go so smoothly and the branch he had landed on broke off, sending him crashing onto the slobber drenched ground, making it impossible for him to regain his footing in time to dodge Kiba's next pass.
 
Kuchiyose: RashÅmon!” (Summoning: Rashomon) The voice of Ukon summoning the strongest defense available was relief to Sakon, even though the gate wouldn't be as strong as if it were summoned by both of them.
 
The monstrous tornado struck the demonic gate and pushed against it, testing to see which would stop first. The gate cracked right down the middle and Kiba continued towards Sakon, only to hit nothing. The boy had been able to regain his footing and scamper away to his twin brother. The two joined back together, still in their cursed forms, but weary and sore. Summoning the Rashomon gate had taken nearly all of Ukon's chakra and Sakon was banged up from his encounter with the Garouga. Neither one was physically injured greatly, but they were pushed into a corner, with no way out except escape. However, escape was not to be.
 
Kamaitachi.” (Cutting whirlwinds) Temari's attack impacted the conjoined twins, cutting into them, but not killing them. Gaara would take care of that.
 
Sabaku KyÅ«Sabaku SÅsÅ.” (Desert Coffin…Desert funeral)
 
The two never really knew what hit them as the sand crushed the life from their bodies. Kiba and Akamaru had separated into their original forms due to lack of chakra and Chouji had followed Ukon towards the battlefield arrived just as Gaara was finishing the twins off. Both were glad to see reinforcements, especially Gaara and his brothers. Temari hadn't changed, except for her clothing, which had gone from lavender colored battle kimono, to a black one with red trimmings. Gaara had changed the most of the two. During his stay in Konoha after his fight with Naruto, the Sandaime and Jiraiya had managed to add more layers to his seal, changing it from a two point seal to a much more stable double-reinforced three point seal. The rings around his eyes weren't as visible, what had once been an inch thick ring of black was now more of an outline, nearly indistinguishable from eye liner. He had gone from the loose fitting clothing he had worn to much sturdier clothing; including full black pants a brown shirt which had the thin outline of white running across his chest diagonally, and a small piece of leather across his stomach. He had changed in innumerable ways since his fight with the boy he considered his first true friend.
 
“Where is Naruto?” He asked in the same voice he had always had.
 
“He's fighting Sasuke, Orochimaru abducted both of them, plus their mother, and something happened to Sasuke, he looks like some kind of evil angel now. He threatened to kill everyone if Naruto didn't fight him at the valley of the end.” Chouji supplied as he handed Kiba a soldier pill, to replenish his strength. “By the way, where is your brother?”
 
“He's off looking for the main group, with those puppets of his, he'd be better off helping to move the injured, since it looks like we got here a bit late.” Temari answered, seeing as Gaara had already headed towards the direction that two fighting chakra signatures could be felt.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA