Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Have A Happy Thanksgiving ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love
By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.A/N: I am announcing that when I write my stories there will no longer be those tiny italicized paragraphs because I can no longer come up with any!! :(
Story Twenty: Have a Happy Thanksgiving
"Okay! Hey, can you get the turkey out of the freezer, Hinata?" Tenten called out as she tied her apron around her waist.Hinata walked in through Tenten's kitchen door also tying her apron on. "Sure thing, Tenten." she smiled gently.Hinata opened the freezer and pulled out the frozen turkey, placing it on the counter to thaw for a minute before she put it in the oven. Tenten was busy making mashed potatoes and stuffing. "Hey, Hinata, I had no idea that you could cook.""Oh!" Hinata turned a rosy pink. "W-well, when Neji-nii-san was away and when I wasn't on any missions I would study cooking and prepare meals for dinner and lunch, so it sort of comes naturally now.""Oh, yeah?" Tenten smiled, stirring the lumps out of the mashed potatoes."You are by far better than me, that's for sure!""D-don't say that. I'm sure you cook very well." Hinata said as she put on her oven mitts."Well, it's true! Everything I cook get's pitch black and then crumbles away! At least with you here I can get directions." Tenten admitted. "Seriously, even Neji told me that I was a horrible cook!""Oh, you shouldn't take him so seriously! He's so straight-forward, y-you know how he told me I was a failure.""I know, but it seems so weird having him tell me that I'm bad in something not even related to ninja training.""Hm..." Hinata began pulling out carrots and chopping them into tiny pieces with a sharp knife. "Aha!""Nani?!" Tenten, surprised, jumped and dropped her stirring spoon on the floor."O-oh! S-sorry, Tenten-san. I just got an idea..." Hinata started fiddling with her fingers."Hey, no worries here!" Tenten scratched the back of her head. "I'll just rinse this off."Tenten ran the spoon under hot water. Hinata continued to chop up the carrots."W-well, I was thinking that we could invite the boys over for dinner also." She blushed, thinking about Naruto."Yea, I guess...""A-and you know, Neji-nii-san can come over, as well!" Hinata said, trying to lighten the mood.Suddenly, the back door opened, and in came a tall, long haired boy. "Did I here someone say my name?""Oh! Neji, what are you doing here this early?" Tenten questioned, pointing her washed spoon at him."Well, I was in the mood for taking a walk and I knew you always keep your back door open, so I decided to drop by.""Since when do you wanna 'drop by'?" Tenten asked."Since 2:36 this afternoon, and can't a guy be friendly and say hi once in a while?!""Well, sorry for not realizing your sudden burst of friendly attitude, Neji!""H-hey, guys..." Hinata tried to calm them down."What!" They both yelled."A-ah! N-never mind." Hinata quickly returned to chopping carrots."Well, no sense in arguing now that your here.""Hm?"Tenten shoved Neji and apron and a duster, a broom, and a dustpan."Get busy, mister!"Neji's eye twitched."Making me do your dirty work, eh?" he said as he took the broom, dustpan, and duster."Yea, and take this, too!" she said, pushing the apron towards him."Oh, I ain't wearin' that.""Yes you are if you wan't to eat dinner. Don't ruin this thanksgiving, Neji. This time, I'm actually cooking."Neji reluctantly took the apron, for he did not want to lose dinner."Oh yeah, here!" Tenten stood behind Neji and tied a bandana around his head. "Now your ready for cleaning! Get cleaning!!" Tenten booted Neji out into the dining room."Bossy women...." he mumbled as he began sweeping.A few hours later, everyone had arrived with their stomachs empty."Mmmm!!!! This looks delicious!!! Did you make this, Hinata!?" Naruto happily yelled out, drooling over the ramen with mixed vegetables."U-um, yes, I made that, N-N-Naruto K-kun." Her face turned red."Wow, you two made all this?" Sakura cheered, looking at the large table of food. Only the turkey remained missing."Yup! Just us two! Neji just swept, so you can thank him for cleaning your air.""Thanks, Neji!" Ino and Sakura said, patting his back."Hmph!" He mumbled, crossing his arms.After everyone took their seat, the turkey was brought out from the kitchen and placed in the middle of the table."Okay, everyone, dig in!""Itadakimasu!" Everyone said, beginning to reach for food.After about five minutes, everyone had filled their plates and was eating. Naruto was loudly slurping noodles, Shikamaru was eating with his face in his palm, Ino was tellling him to get it off the table, Sasuke was sitting with his hands folded glaring at Neji who sat across the table glaring back, Shino and Kiba and Akamaru were talking about something, and Hinata, Sakura, and Tenten were talking also.'Look at that calm Hyuuga. Not even breaking a sweat in this staring contest, eh?''Look at Uchiha, thinkin' he's all high and mighty because he hasn't blinked in over four minutes.'Tenten watched as the two rivals glared each other down.Naruto looked up at them. "Hey, Sasuke-Teme!!"Sasuke paid no mind, nor did Neji."Sasuke-Teme!!!"Sasuke grew pissed, as did Neji, for neither of them wanted to lose this contest.Naruto threw some mashed potatoes at Sasuke, which caught him off-gaurd and smashed in his face.Everything went silent, as Sasuke sat there with potatoe all over his face.Neji cracked up histerically, Kiba laughing and pointing."Rrrrgggghhh!!!! Narutoooo!!!" Sasuke whiped off some mashed potatoes and threw them at Neji."Ppfff!" Neji got a mouthful of mashed potatoes."FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!" Naruto yelled and he threw food off of his plate.Shino immediatly got up and moved to the kitchen, no one noticing his awsome silence.Shikamaru yawned and a turkey leg flew in his mouth."Cough! Cough!"Food flew back and forth, people yelled and argued."Hey, guys, c'mon! Stop!" Tenten tried to stop them, but then a piece of pie hit her right in the face.She looked up to find Neji laughing and pointing."Okay, thats it!!!" She grabbed the remainder of the hollow turkey, smashed it on Neji's head, than filled it up with potatoes, vegetables, and stuffing. "Not laughin' now, are you!?!"Neji stood still."C'mon, lets here you laugh, Hyuuga." Sasuke taunted.Neji jumped over the table and whipped the turkey off his head and onto Sasuke's. "What the?""I have the byakugan, asshole."Sasuke ripped off the turkey. "Sharigan kicks Byakugans ass.""Vice Versa."So Sasuke and Neji had a duel to the death in Tenten's dining room, destroying what they figured was thanksgiving.After everyone had thanked Tenten for such and exciting thanksgiving and left, Tenten, Neji, and Hinata were left to clean it up."Thanks for destroying my Thanksgiving.""Your welcome."Tenten tackled Neji down and pinned him to the floor."You know who gets to clean up the food?"Neji rolled over so Tenten was on the bottom."You do." he said and pressed his lips firmly against hers.Once they got up, Tenten said, "You do that all the time when you want things your way." She pouted."I know, I know.""Thats why I love you.""Ditto.""Happy Thanksgiving.""Ditto."A/N: Thanks for reading this latest chapter! I am late for putting up this Thanksgiving story but I couldn't get it up yesterday because it was Thanksgiving and I was busy helping. Anyway, please review and thanks for reading!!!! :)