Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ October Hyoshi ❯ Drop Out ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright, I’m hoping this will turn out all right. Please do tell me of ANY grammar mistakes!!! I want to make this mistake free for once. So I can improve on my writing. So please tell me if you see any of them!!!
isclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto or any characters of the anime/manga!


Chapter One: Drop Out

My name is Jessica Hyohou. I have light brown hair that is a little past my shoulders. I do have my hair cut differently from the others in my class. Some parts of my hair is cut to the length of my ear, while the other parts of my hair is past my shoulders. I have bangs past my eyes but are parted so the left had more bangs than the left. I have brown eyes also, but has light brown around the edges. I’m also 14 and the oldest in my class. Most are 12 or 11 years of age. Why am I the oldest? Well that was the result of my daydreaming in class for so long.

I need to find better things to do then right about myself in here...’ thought Jessica. This was the second time Jessica has written in her red binder she brought with her everywhere, even in the academy. She was a bit afraid others might try to read in it, especially Iruka Sensei. He has shot a few warnings in words to her every now and then in class while he was teaching. He even threatened to take the binder away once. At first she was scared to be scold or threatened at when she wrote in it now and again every few minutes or so, while he was talking, but now she was used to it.

She knew Sasuke hated her the most beyond all the others in the class. He would always give her glares whenever she looked around the class room, and he even said a few unkind words to her whenever she failed to do a jutsu. Other kids had their ways of hating at her also. Like sending her dirty looks, groaning her name when Iruka Sensei scolded at her, and she even gave them an extra assignment. And it was all because of the red binder. And Jessica was sure they ALL hated the binder by now. But she had a feeling that they were probably happy now since graduation was now coming up. And Jessica has been through it twice now in the past years she spent in the academy. And she had no intention to pass this year either.

“Class dismissed. And remember finals are tomorrow!” announced Iruka Sensei as everyone shot up after gathering their belongings and making their way out the class room. ‘I need to make an excuse to miss tomorrow... being sick never works...’thought Jessica as she put her binder in her green backpack, pulling the string to shut it off from the rain before pulling the flap over and buckling it. “Jessica, I need a word with you.” said Iruka as she was the last one to almost leave the class room.

He never really talked to me after class...’

Jessica walked back over to Iruka, setting her bag down by her feet. And they both waited for the noise to die down before Iruka started to speak.“Jessica, you know the finals are tomorrow right?” asked Iruka. He didn’t look all too happy as he usually did when he taught the class during the day which probably meant Jessica wasn’t seeing anything good coming her way now.


“Y-yeah.” Jessica stuttered. She was nearly shaking, afraid of what he was meaning to tell her, keeping her after class and everything.
“Are you ready for them or not?” he asked his expression getting more grim. “Well sorta... I mean I can’t really do them now but I-” Iruka head hung lower in disappointment and Jessica stopped in surprise. “W-what is it?” she asked. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to drop you out of the Academy.” announced Iruka sadly. Jessica eyes widened in shock. “But-!” “I’m sorry but there is no backing out on this Jessica. You failed to pass in the other two finals and you are the same this year, unprepared and undetermined. And I have no doubt that you will fail tomorrow. ”He said. Jessica was on the verge of tears. She couldn’t believe it. Just couldn’t.

I can’t believe this.... I just can’t...it’s not real...I can’t believe it...

Seconds passed by, but they felt like minutes to Jessica. Now she started crying. Iruka looked like he wanted to say more but nothing came out of his mouth. Jessica finally controlled her sobbing and started to speak, “I better get going...” she sniffed. She wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks as she knelt down to pick her bag and put it around her right arm. She looked back at Iruka with a frown on her face, her eyes puffy and swollen from crying.“I’m sorry you have to go Jessica...” spoke Iruka sadly.

Jessica’s frown deepened. “I-t’s not y-y-your f-fault Iruka S-Sensei.” Iruka frown broke into a small grin. ‘It’s my fault... all MY fault!’ Jessica felt the tears start to build up again. “Well I g-guess this i-is g-g-goodbye then.” she sobbed turning to come out the door. “Goodbye Jessica.” spoke Iruka watching her leave the room his sad grin never leaving. Jessica slid the door open and rubbed her eyes one last time. “Bye Iruka Sensei.” she mumbled, closing the door.

Alright people, there’s more to this story then it seems!!! I’ll start writing the second chapter soon