Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise Lost ❯ Paradise Found ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Paradise Lost

Author: ftmboi

Rating: Probably light R for language and innuendo

Warnings: If you like doe-eyed, helpless, naively innocent, ever-bowing Iruka, then this is not the fic for you. If you like SexualPredator!Kakashi, this is not the fic for you. Also, this is slash… Y-A-O-I… If you don’t like boys boffing each other, don’t read, m’kay?

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto. If I did I wouldn't be struggling through college, wondering if my bank account balance is six dollars or just five fifty...

A/N: Well, we'll finally get some interaction between these two! I'm really trying to keep them pretty in-character, but obviously, since it's a yaoi fic, there's going to be a little OOC-ness. I hope I handled it well!

Chapter 2: Paradise Found

-----------------------------

Iruka toweled off his hair as he walked toward the kitchen. He hadn’t done anything strenuous that day, but a shower in the evening always made him feel nice and relaxed. He wore his favorite sweatpants and a baggy worn-out t-shirt, perfect for lounging around the house before bedtime.

He ran through a mental checklist of chores to do before hitting the hay. First, wash dishes. He’d let entirely too many dirty plates pile up. As he ran the water, his attention drifted to the little orange book on his coffee table. He wondered what was so interesting about it. He’d heard rumors that it was rather pervy, almost porn, actually. Why would such a renowned hero be so obsessed with such a thing? Before he knew it, his sink was almost overflowing. Iruka shook his head and turned back to the task at hand, chastising himself for spacing out.

After the dishes, he decided to start a load of laundry. While he was sorting through his clothes, he began to wonder, “Maybe it’s got a really good story line. Or maybe Kakashi-san is really hard up for a lay,” he blushed and chuckled. Iruka started the washer and walked leisurely back to the kitchen, deciding to get himself a snack. Peanut butter and crackers was sounding really good right about then.

Flopping down on the couch with his snack, Iruka’s eyes slowly drifted over to the little book resting there on the coffee table. He popped a cracker into his mouth and dusted off his hands. It wouldn’t hurt to have a little peek, now would it? Feeling a little guilty for some reason, he picked up “Icha Icha Paradise” and thumbed it open…

-------------------------------

“Damn it, damn it, damn it,” Kakashi repeated over and over in his head like a mantra. He’d scouted almost the entire building, starting with the lost and found, and ending with the women’s restroom (he didn’t know whether to be happy or sad that no one was in there), and still couldn’t find his damn book. A little further inquiry revealed that the only person who may have seen it, Iruka, had left nearly an hour before he’d arrived. The guard stationed at the door knew the general direction that the chuunin had gone upon leaving, but didn’t know the exact location of his house. Kakashi knew it would be rude to call on someone he barely knew at this hour, but still… If it was possible to get his book back tonight, he’d be willing to risk seeming uncouth.

Then he remembered the registry. It was a sort of shinobi address book, given out to all jounin for the purpose of mobilizing forces in the event of a large-scale emergency. After a few seconds, Kakashi concluded that this was, in fact, a large-scale emergency, and warranted him looking up the younger man’s address to make a house call at nearly midnight. He dashed back to his apartment, and after a bit of searching, met with a ray of hope. Umino Iruka’s address! The jounin headed purposefully for the door, but for some reason, stopped just before the exit to examine himself in the mirror. It would be rather unbecoming of a person of his standing to appear frazzled over such a thing, he supposed. Satisfied with what the mirror showed him, he made a hasty exit, taking the quickest possible route to Iruka’s apartment.

--------------------------------

It was bad. It was really, really bad. He almost couldn’t believe how horribly, awfully bad it was. He decided that even Naruto could’ve written a better storyline. And yet… Why, oh why, was it IMPOSSIBLE for Iruka to stop reading?! The plot was holier than a shuriken practice board, the characters were flat… The art was… Well, the art was actually pretty good. And decidedly erotic. Actually, he was rather glad that he was wearing sweats, otherwise he’d be having a hard time sitting right about now. He was seriously considering having a rather good time with his right hand when a knock on his front door shocked him out of his string of dirty thoughts.

Iruka was at first surprised, then just a little pissed off. I mean, who the hell would come to his door at (he checked the clock) just past midnight?! Still clutching the book, he grudgingly made his way to the door. Whoever was on the other side was definitely getting a piece of his mind…

The offending person began to knock again just as Iruka unlocked the door and whipped the door open. “Who the fu…” He stopped dead in his tracks. There at his door was the rightful owner of the book he’d just been thinking about jacking off to. Iruka realized at that moment what kind of impression he was most likely making—disheveled, flushed, and sporting serious wood, all while clutching Kakashi’s favorite reading material.

The teacher stammered as he bowed shortly in apology, “I-I’m sorry, Kakashi-san. It is rather late and I am not accustomed to having visitors at this hour.” Iruka was still a little pissed about the intrusion, but there was no way he’d present himself as rude for a second time in front of his superior. That and bowing would make it a little less obvious that he had a hard-on.

Kakashi took in Iruka’s appearance slowly, probably staring a little more than was prudent, but it was the first time he’d seen the man in anything other than his uniform. He definitely wasn’t bad to look at. Then he spotted it. The book. HIS book. There, in the bowing chuunin’s hand. Kakashi sighed in relief, his mood lightening instantly. “No, Iruka-kun, I should be the one apologizing for calling on you so late. However, it seems that you have something of mine. Might I persuade you to return it?”

Iruka straightened, a little startled. He looked at the book in his hand and smiled nervously. “Yes, of course, Kakashi-san. I was going to find you tomorrow and return it, but you’ve saved me the trouble. Here,” he held it out to the older man, running the fingers of his free hand through his hair anxiously.

Kakashi accepted it very gratefully, smiling happily. However, he noticed something rather odd. Iruka’s thumb was in the middle of the book when he handed it over, seemingly marking a page. And he’d had it WITH HIM when he answered the door. As he held the book close, desperately trying to look like he WASN’T cradling it like a child lost and found, he asked slowly, “Were you… reading it?”

“Oh great,” Iruka thought to himself, “I’ll never live this down, will I?” He stared at the wall embarrassedly, just praying to all the past Hokages that Kakashi didn’t look any further down than his waist. “Well,” he started, “Yes, I suppose. I just wanted to know if it was good or not, seeing how you read it all the time.”

“And what have you decided,” the jounin asked, sounding rather expecant.

Iruka looked up at him, about to give him a detailed analysis of how horribly written it was, but when he looked into the man’s one visible eye, he stopped. His expression was one Iruka, being a teacher, had seen very often. It was the look of a child desperate to be praised. And he couldn’t bring himself to inadvertently harm Kakashi’s feelings by giving a straightforward criticism of the book. He didn’t exactly lie, but he did omit a good deal of the truth. “Well, I really like the art,” Iruka smiled up at him.

The silver-haired shinobi’s eye widened momentarily. He hadn’t expected the seemingly straight-laced teacher to say something like that at all. In fact, Kakashi had been pretty sure that the man standing before him would be rather prudish and judgmental of him for reading such a thing. Kakashi smiled. Perhaps he’d been too hasty in his assessment of Iruka’s personality. As he wondered what else the younger man kept hidden about himself, his gaze began to stray from Iruka’s face. He was strongly built, with a deep tan and defined musculature. Staying in that kind of shape as a teacher meant that he had to do a good deal of training on his own. Which, in Kakashi’s book, was quite an admirable quality in a shinobi. Then he noticed something odd. Iruka’s sweatpants were tented out quite a bit… In the crotch area… Kakashi immediately snapped his focus back to Iruka’s face, hoping it hadn’t looked like he was staring. It took him all of a millisecond to put the observations together—Iruka had been reading the book. Iruka had been slightly pissed off when he answered the door. Iruka said he “liked the art.” Kakashi fought hard not to laugh, and was secretly glad for his mask, which was hiding what he was sure was a rather odd facial expression. “I’m very glad,” he finally replied. “Thank you for taking care of it for me,” he said with a slight incline of the head. “But I should go. It is rather late, and I’m sure you have other things to attend to.” He really hoped that hadn’t sounded like some kind of pervy innuendo.

Iruka was celebrating internally. He was pretty sure that he’d gotten through this whole ordeal without the jounin noticing anything. However, when the older man announced that he was leaving, Iruka was almost tempted to ask him inside for some tea or something. The exchange between them had been rather pleasant, and he found himself wanting to know more about Kakashi. But it really was getting late. And he DID have work tomorrow. He smiled slightly. “Yes, I am sorry, but I do need to go to bed soon. But perhaps,” he paused, not knowing what was going through his head, but deciding to go with it on impulse. “Perhaps we could discuss the book together some other time. Over tea… Or something…”

“S-sure…” Kakashi stuttered. Stuttered?! He’d been a member of ANBU… He was supposed to be one of the strongest ninja alive. The epitome of composure and self-assurance! And he freaking stuttered… He’d answered before he could even think about it, slightly shocked by Iruka’s offer. It just wasn’t very often that he was asked to do anything with other people that didn’t require a large amount of projectile weapons. He bowed slightly and bid Iruka good night, heading towards his flat, slightly confused, but nevertheless infinitely more relaxed and happy than he’d been earlier that day.

-----------------------------

A/N: Well, hope you liked it! This is definitely going to be a multi-part story, since I can't just like, make them meet and start doing each other. As much as I would like to see that... Aaaanyways, I should have chapter 3 done and posted sometime late tuesday, if not, wednesday.

Choister: Thanks for the review! I'm glad it didn't come off as too cheesy there. Hope you enjoy this chapter, and I look forward to your input ^_^_b