Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Paradiseo Explained ❯ Part two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Paradiseo explained 2

Again I’m writing this assuming the people who’re reading give a damn so it’s long, like long cat so if you feel intimidated by this needlessly long wall of text, stop reading now. If you’re curious as to how much free time I have, then please; read away and shine on you crazy diamond.

Paradiseo is also known as the hidden light village because of their ninja who are mostly taijutsu users and hence they have few genjutsu users, so they are ninja who must hide in the light.

Paradiseo is a large island nation with unbelievable extremes and a hilly landscape, there are many mountain ranges and the majority of their unpopulated areas are dense forests. There are four major rivers in Paradiseo, they are; the Kitsune, which runs through their capital and is the largest river, the Sado which sets the border with Purgatoire (Hidden Darkness), the Oh-Ka River which runs along the dreaded Oh-Ka ridge, and the Blue which leads from their main port city of Mizugakure to Inugakure their industrial center.

The total area of Paradiseo is hard to guess because no accurate accounts exist of the topography but the country itself is a little larger than the Land of Fire. Also they have a low population density but a large portion of their citizens are women (55%), this is mostly due to the three year war.

Government
Paradiseo has a different system from the main land governments, the Kage and Daimyo share power as the rulers of the land. Beneath them is an assembly of 117 elected officials and 118 appointed officials who vote on new laws. Then sharing power with the assembly is the High Court of 7 justices, who get the final say on laws and then there's the Military Review, who handle decisions about military and police needs; the Military Review consists of; the Head Presiding member(Inukage), the AZIC commander, the Head Castle Guard, the Master of Murder, and the Head Field Marshal.

Kage
Paradiseo has had 13 Kages to date (Inukage)
1: Shido Inuzakari, known as the 'Wild Dog'. He's the reason for the "Inu" (Deceased)
2: Mayusaki Saito, known as the 'Anaconda'. (Deceased)
3: Kurozari Dosukento, known as the 'Hyena'. (Deceased)
4: Kaoru Kitsune, known as the 'Vixen'. (Deceased)
5: Miroku Fuuki, known as the 'Spider'. (Deceased)
6: Naomi Jenkins, known as the 'Flying Fox'. (Deceased)
7: Momo Kento, known as the 'Wild Boar'. (Deceased)
8: Kamekami Okamimaru, known as the 'Snapping Turtle'. (Retired, current Head Castle Guard)
9: Hime Yetoko, known as the 'Monkey'. (Deceased)
10: Sado Kakuzuki, known as the 'Sparrow'. (Deceased)
11: Sanji Kotsu, known as the 'Hammerhead'. (Missing, presumed dead)
12: Konjo Inutoriki, known as the 'Eagle'. (Deceased)
13: Hajime Saito, known as the 'Lone Wolf'. (Current)

Current Daimyo: Megumi Saito

Assembly:
This I'm filing under tl;dr and shit no one cares about.

Military Review
Head presiding member: Hajime Saito
AZIC commander: Anasake Jenkins
Head Castle Guard: Kamekami Okamimaru
Master of Murder: Kuroudo Inutoriki
Head Field Marshal: Yamo Raito

AZIC (Anti Zombie Instant-response Collective)
Really they just like the name AZIC; it has a nice ring to it. The AZIC are the special forces of Paradiseo, they're the best equipped, best trained and most experienced warriors in all of Paradiseo. The exact number of members is highly classified as are the names and faces of the members. The only known member is the commander.

AZIC is broken down into four basic unit types
The Paradiseo Marksmen, they are the snipers and riflemen of the AZIC force
AZIC Panzers, They are heavily armored assault troops who are used against heavy fortifications
Paradiseo Grenadiers, these are the mobile heavy assault troops, they use automatic weapons are more armored then a 'Marksman'.
AZIC Cannoniers, They are artillery troops. Cannoniers are responsible for the Paradiseo 88mm's and their feared 200mm long cannons.

Equipment: Weapons
Paradiseo Regulars are issued the Kar-98k 8mm bolt action rifle and the Colt Peacemaker .45LC revolver. Their arsenal is currently undergoing an update; the Kar-98k is being replaced by the Gewehr-43 8mm semi-auto rifle and the Peacemaker is being phased out by the Luger P-08 .45ACP and the Model 686 .357magnum double action revolver. The standard shotguns are the Winchester 1887, Winchester 1901 and the ‘coach gun’ 12-gauge double-barreled shotgun. Besides their guns Paradiseo soldiers also carry ten kunai throwing knives and usually twelve shirken and some carry Katana swords.

Special units
Each squad is comprised of six to ten members and some are 'special purpose troops', and as such are issued different weapons; this gives a squad much greater combat potential then if they were all armed with the standard Mauser. The unit types and their weapons are as follows as well as an example of a Paradiseo soldier who fits the category:
Support gunner: BAR .30/06 light machine gun and ten twenty round magazines and either a 686 revolver or a Luger as their sidearm (Anasake, he carries a Pfeifer Zeliska .600NE single action revolver)
Scout/medic: Double Barreled 12-gauge 'coach gun' and a 686 .357magnum revolver (Momoko Kentoko)
Grenadier: M79 40mm grenade launcher, four stick grenades and a Peacemaker .45LC revolver (Miho)
Marksman: M1 Garand .30/’06 semi-auto rifle and a Luger P-08 .45ACP pistol (Kuroudo Inutoriki)
Advance assault: Thompson M1a1 .45ACP sub-machinegun or a Winchester 1887 12-gauge shotgun and a Luger P-08 .45ACP pistol (Kitty)
Communications tech: Mauser Kar-98k rifle or a Winchester 1887 shotgun, flare gun and a Peacemaker .45LC revolver (Kazuko)
Machine gunner: MG42 8mm machinegun, Gewehr 43 8mm semi-auto rifle and a M29 .44magnum revolver (Raisaku Dafur)
Heavy Assault: Gewehr 43, stockless Thompson M1a1 .45ACP SMG, seven grenades and an RPG 2. Also the only units issued heavy body armor; they're usually deployed only to destroy heavily fortified hard points in an enemy's defensive positions. (Their identities are classified)

Equipment: Uniform
Paradiseo soldiers are easily distinguishable by their BDU's which consist of black canvas shoes, black fatigue pants, a black long or short sleeved shirt with a red circle (called a 'Red Sun' or officially called a 'Red Moon') on the left shoulder sleeve, and a light green tactical equipment vest. Variations of the uniform are seen with Kuroudo and his dark green camouflage fatigues and matching trench coat. Their headband symbol is the kanji for 'light' but their 'Red Moon' markings on their left shoulders are more tell tale then the headband. They have three separate uniforms: winter (which is all white and made to block out the extreme cold of Paradiseo's winter), summer and spring (standard uniforms, differing only in sleeve and pant leg length)

Training and tactics
Paradiseo Regulars, Ninja and AZIC are drilled in intense hand-to-hand combat, marksmanship, tactics, problem solving, teamwork, wilderness survival, interrogation techniques and resistance thereof and basic human body structure. They are also trained and drilled to fight to their very destruction; the end result is a whole army willing to try and kill the enemy so long as they have functioning limbs or could in any possible way kill their foes. During the Three Year War reports of Paradiseo Regulars who were missing legs and arms attempting to tare the tendons out of LOM troops' legs with their teeth were frighteningly commonplace. Instances like Oh-Ka Ridge where Paradiseo Regulars would resort to beating the enemy to death with fists, rocks and sticks instead of retreating were actually expected by the LOM Generals, and greatly feared. They used to say "Even with broken bones, torn tendons, no ammunition, no weapon and a bullet riddled body the Paradiseo soldier would fight on with the viciousness of a rabid jackal, the only difference was the Paradiseo soldier has less concern for its life then the jackal does."
Battle planning and strategy were usually left to the squad commanders; they were given a set of objectives and mission parameters and sent out with their men and told to accomplish said objectives. This gave a great deal of flexibility to Paradiseo's soldiers who could come up with a plan of attack based on their own observations of the battlefield, allowing for the use of the most up to date intelligence in the actual strike. Paradiseo's squads were significantly smaller then the LOM squads (of up to thirty men) so Paradiseo relied heavily on ambush attacks and use of their superior firepower in battle. They were, quick, brutal, and deadly when they struck; pouring heavy volumes of fire at close range at the LOM troops.

Ranks

Inukage- Military leader of Paradiseo, in direct command of the ninja and AZIC forces

AZIC commander- Leader of the elite AZIC forces, also a key player in military decision making.

Master of Murder- Title given to the best killer in the Paradiseo military structure holds key decision making powers and is generally considered the most hard-core badass in the country. If they are of Kitsune clan decent then they are also given the title “Kazuki” to use as an alias and the official name on their record log when visiting the castle or attending meetings is written down as “Kazuki”.

Senin- Title given to the three best ninja currently alive in Paradiseo, currently held by ‘The Big Three’ Hajime Saito, Juubei Kentoko and Kenji Akabane, considered a “Kage in Waiting’ rank as most who have this rank are strong candidates to be the next Inukage.

Head Castle Guard- Elite ninja chosen by the Inukage to head the defense of the Daimyo, Paradiseo Castle and is the personal body guard of the Inukage and their family.

Head Field Marshal- Person in charge of Paradiseo’s ‘Regular’ troops and answers directly to the Inukage. Also they’re a key player in military decisions.

AZIC- Elite strike forces of Paradiseo, best trained and equipped troops, they’re handpicked from the other ranks by the Kage himself.

Jonin- Elite ninja

Chunin- Journeymen ninja

Genin- Low ranking ninja

Regular- title given to normal foot soldiers

Notable Paradiseo Ninja

Hajime Saito (the Lone Wolf); Paradiseo's current Inukage and master of the 'Hidden Hand' technique, he's the second strongest of the 'Big Three'. Saito is a tall man with medium length black hair and a runner's build; he dresses simply in jeans, a black shirt, unbuttoned green jacket and standard Paradiseo canvas shoes. His hair is usually slicked back with a few antennae like bangs hanging in his face. Saito has a narrow face and squinty amber colored eyes. Saito is 38 years old and is married to Megumi Saito.

Juubei Kentoko (the Jackal), deceased, Juubei is a powerful medical ninja with a murderous technique and no regard for any life. He has wild blonde hair that covers the right half of his face and he always wears a light blue surgical mask with large black 'teeth' drawn on it. Juubei cuts an impressive figure at seven feet two inches tall and he's got a well developed, powerful musculature resulting in him being a fast moving and heavy hitting close range fighter. He replaced his body with bell wires and in the process gave himself immortality, he counts each time a fatal blow was struck to stroke his ego. By his count he's 'died' nearly 360 times. Juubei is without question the most powerful of Paradiseo's 'Big Three'. Juubei is the father of Momoko and one of the leaders of Saito’s freedom fighter organization, the Fuugagumi and was once a highly respected member of Paradiseo society and he is the founder of the Research and Development department, which is now headed by his star pupil; Raisaku Dafur. He's been labeled as 'dead' for ten years after being executed and exiled by Kuroudo’s father. Currently he is working with the Akatsuki organization. Juubei is 53 years old and his wife's status is unknown; but she is presumed to be deceased.

Kenji Akabane (the Corpse Bird), missing ninja, Kenji is the weakest member of the 'Big Three'. He excelled in taijutsu and the use of paper, developing his trademark 'Origami Death Dance' series of jutsu; which is powerful enough to slice buildings apart with little more than standard paper. Few know what Kenji looks like as he always hid his face from view underneath a rice picker's hat and he always wore a dark black cloak; but he has brown hair that is usually up in a flat-top style cut and he has a square jaw, he also wears reading glasses. He is tall and easily recognizable by the pine wood coffin he carries on his back, the source of his nickname. Written on the coffin is "Return to sender/ Here lies Kenji Akabane". He's a prospective Akatsuki member. Kenji is 39 years old and has never been married.

Kamekami Okamimaru (the Snapping Turtle), former Inukage and current Head Castle Guard; Kamekami is also the man who trained the ‘Big Three’ and the only known surviving former Inukage. He’s over a hundred years old and around six feet tall with long white hair, long goat-beard, long eyebrows and long mustache. Despite his advanced age Kamekami is among the most feared ninja in Paradiseo, he’s a living ninja legend who was himself trained by Shido Inuzakari and is unbelievably powerful. Primarily a taijutsu user he prefers close combat but also excels in both ninjutsu and genjutsu making him one of the best rounded ninja in Paradiseo. He’s the man who directly came to the aid of the battered Regulars at Oh-Ka pass, displaying to the LOM troops that although he’s old enough to be considered a relic of the long forgotten past, he’s still not a man to be taken lightly. He is among the few people that Juubei actively avoids fighting, but it is unknown if that behavior is from fear or respect. His physical strength exceeds that of the much younger Anasake Jenkins and he is able to summon a giant Snapping Turtle named Diablo. Kamekami is 174 years old and a widower and is not at a point in his life to be looking for a new relationship to try and replace the one he had with his late wife; as he could literally keel over and die at any moment.

Anasake Jenkins (the Phoenix), current AZIC leader and its founder, he's the last surviving member of his once proud clan and the last carrier of their kekkei genkai ability; 'Phoenix Feathers'. He specializes in fire type jutsu, hand-to-hand combat and he is a master of Zanbatto kenjutsu. Anasake is a tall man with broad shoulders and thick medium length red hair; he always wears circular framed black sunglasses and his headband as a bandana covering the top of his head. He is one of the strongest warriors in Paradiseo and wields a massive Zanbatto with the same ease most wield a katana; he is reportedly equal to Kuroudo in combat ability and overall power. Anasake is very able-bodied and very devoted to his comrades, willing to sacrifice himself for their well being. His favorite gun is the BAR and his sidearm is a Pfeifer Zeliska .600NE revolver. He's Kuroudo's best friend and also one of Paradiseo's premiere stand-up comedians. Anasake helped lead Saito to power and is among Paradiseo’s richest men, and one of the most feared. Anasake is 17 years old and single.

Kuroudo “Kazuki” Inutoriki (the Fox), the best close range fighter Paradiseo has to offer. He's a monster with two kekkei genkai abilities, a sharp wit, devastating affinity for taijutsu techniques, master swordsman, master of the 'Shukuchi’ (Reduced Earth) technique, a crack shot and Kuroudo has combat experience spanning most of his violent life. His blood weapon jutsu allows him to use his own blood to make weapons, expel poisons from his own body, and reconstruct his body. His Ryugan allows him to perform jutsu without using hand signs (at 3x the amount of chakra); his supply of chakra is absolutely massive but even then he cannot fight for long. His main weaknesses show through at medium range, against genjutsu (the Ryugan triples the effects of the genjutsu) and during long drawn out battles. Also Kuroudo is an offensive type fighter, if forced to the defensive his defeat is only a matter of time, although if he can get back on the offensive his victory is only a matter of time. Kuroudo is of medium height with a slender build; he has a gentle face and long blood red hair with styled bangs, although his body is covered in healed scars and he has a full mural tattoo on his back of a fox charging down a hill with a severed human head in its mouth. Kuroudo is also responsible for designing the newest firearm currently being field tested by the Army; the AK47 7.62x39mm ‘assault rifle’. He wears glasses most of the time because his vision is failing due to his over use of the Ryugan, and his only genjutsu technique; the ‘Black Hole Sun’. He's 18 years old and engaged to Momoko Kentoko, but got both Momoko and Temari pregnant.

Momoko Kentoko (the Jungle Cat), she's the best trap master in Paradiseo's history. Her small size and timid actions often lead enemies to underestimate her powers; but she's frightening strong and devilishly cunning. She moves silently and lays traps that trigger traps; she is an amazing shoji player and 'mind reader', able to correctly guess people's thoughts and actions after only studying their behaviors for short periods of time. She has mastered her father's bell wire jutsu and modified it to serve her needs. Her most dangerous techniques are her “Nine Symphonies of Death” where she simply dances in a rave-like fashion while having the bell wires attached to her fur in her transformed states, the effects are devilishly horrifying and the moves are personified by the beautiful music that is played by the wires while Momoko dances. She has a gentle pretty face and long blonde hair with styled bangs; she is short (5' 0") with large breasts and a chubby figure. Momoko wears allot of green clothing and mesh warmers. Her vision is failing from watching too many bright explosions. Momoko is 18 years old and engaged to Kuroudo, although their fling with Temari has yet to show a definite affect on their relationships.

Miho (the Beowolf) is the best of Paradiseo's few genjutsu users; Miho is a tall young lady with long wild silver colored hair; she usually wears bright red kimonos. She specializes in ice based attacks if here genjutsu somehow fails. Her attacks are massively powerful and similar to the Hyuuga's Juken combined with Gaara's sand manipulation, except Miho uses water. When going hand-to-hand she releases a massive outburst of chakra from her fist into the target. The similarity to Juken ends there as Miho uses her chakra to slow down the molecules and lower the temperature to nearly absolute zero. She can also manipulate water to form protective barriers and to make projectile weapons at her will. She also possesses the Evil Eye and the Mangekyo Sharingan, although actual data is lacking the Evil Eye is presumed to cast an unbelievably powerful genjutsu, either equaling or surpassing the Mangekyo. Miho is 17 years old and in love with Gaara.

Kazuko (the Vixen), Kuroudo’s cousin and close friend. Kazuko was considered a genius and graduated from the academy in only slightly less time than Anasake did. Kazuko is fourteen years old and has a thin but athletic build and long red hair with blue eyes. Kazuko was captured during the war and as a result of the experiments on her she has fox ears and a fox tail. Kazuko is easily recognized by her dark sunglasses that she constantly wears, even at night. Kazuko is a close range sword and knife fighter, with little other skills she relies on her blade skills in combat. During the war she acted as a communications technician and translator, she’s a decent shot but not overly comfortable with guns (also not very knowledgeable, on several occasions she took the wrong caliber ammunition for her guns). She came under Juubei’s tutelage to try and get revenge on Kuroudo for abandoning her during the war, but when she met him in combat she was easily defeated and she came to Rock Lee’s aid against Kenji Akabane, she sacrificed herself to defeat Kenji, or did she?

Koga (the Fenris Wolf), missing ninja, he's a former chunin. Koga is Miho's older brother and former student of Hajime Saito. He's a dangerous man with an extreme case of multiple personality disorder; he can separate out two of his personas from his body to become, literally three people for a short period of time. Koga himself is tall with a medium build, he has long messy black hair and has a clean shaven face; he always wears a camouflaged fatigue hat and a grey jacket. Koga carries a sawed off 10 gauge lever action shotgun (a Winchester 1901) underneath his jacket. He is fast and a strong taijutsu user, but he is heavily reliant on his ninjutsu techniques; the 'Alchemic' element. Only Koga and his personas are capable of using the 'alchemic' techniques, and their power is known and feared in Paradiseo. Koga is also a user of the Sharingan-eye, although he only has the normal Sharingan and not the Mangekyo. Koga is 27 years old, single and he and his personas are perspective Akatsuki members.

Juri 'of the Flaming Water' is Koga's female persona. She is an average looking girl who dresses exactly as Koga does, but she has long light red hair. She uses water and fire element techniques meaning her special techniques are 'steam' based. Juri is tactically minded towards experiencing as much pain as possible during one on one fights, she's a self described masochist; feeling alive only when in extreme pain. Juri prefers point blank combat and wields two short swords; she rarely completely dodges attacks and in fist-to-fist fighting she never blocks incoming blows; however she has an unusually high pain tolerance so minor and even severe injuries will have little effect on her, requiring crippling blows to bring her down. She was defeated and left for dead by Temari, she was reabsorbed by Koga; her status is unknown.

Menos El Toro Del Grande, the most terrifying beast to spawn from Koga. Menos is taller than Juubei with pale heavily tattooed skin and a long narrow nose. Menos is a blood-thirsty monstrosity that devours his victims and uses 'body-modifying techniques' and can easily re-grow lost limbs. His nose is very sensitive and is able to smell out the hormones in a person's body to the point where he can determine if a woman is pregnant at nearly the moment of actual conception (a few hours afterwards). Menos is very muscular and utilizes brutal grips and bone crushing blows at close range, but he appears to have little to no actual taijutsu training. His chakra affinity appears to be Earth but he's rumored to be a user of lightning techniques. It is unknown if Menos is a human, or if he's something else. His true combat ability may yet to be seen in combat, but he is only known to have been bested in battle by Kuroudo and Anasake.

Yoh Pai (the Owl) is a sword-fighting genius and local store and factory owner. Yoh is the richest man in Paradiseo, he owns the Mauser and Luger factories and is one of the largest investors in the construction of Kuroudo’s factory; the Kalashnikov factory. Yoh is the man held primarily responsible for the rapid spread of firearms into the world; although the designers of the Kar-98k and Luger P-08 are unknown Yoh holds the production rights to both firearms and as such has gained an immense fortune from the Three Year War and the subsequent orders of Paradiseo style firearms by the mainland nations. Yoh served in the Three Year War as a swordsman due to his utter lack of ninjutsu skills, but he is an unbelievable swordfighter surpassing Kuroudo in terms of skill and ability with swords. He was wounded several dozen times during the conflict and is moderately decorated for his service. Yoh also runs a local shop called ‘Yoh’s Market’ in downtown Paradiseo that his father owned and operated before handing the store over to Yoh. He is 22 years old and is currently in a relationship.

Raisaku Dafur (the Python), current head of Research and Development for Paradiseo’s Army, Navy and citizenry; he is a genius inventor and scientist who is one of Juubei’s former students and most trusted protégée. Raisaku became head of Research and Development after Juubei’s ‘death’ since his tenure began Raisaku has developed the feared Paradiseo artillery, the stick grenades, the White Phosphorus grenade and he is one of the men who helped develop the Gewehr 43 rifle and the M1 Garand rifle. Raisaku is also involved with the production of Kuroudo’s rifle and the man responsible for designing the actual round it fires (7.62x39mm) and the magazine is of Raisaku’s design. Raisaku is characterized by his eccentric nature and odd mannerisms; his hair is combed and tied into a ponytail but the right side of his face is covered by his bangs. Raisaku wears lots of costume make-up and he often wears strange outfits so characterizing his style is rather difficult, but he’s almost unquestionably the oddest looking motherfucker in the area. Raisaku is 5’11” tall and he’s very thin with light blonde hair and green eyes. He is 26 years old and single.

Makoto Dosukento (the Urchin), Paradiseo jonin who specializes in shiriken based jutsu and is the Sensei of Yoh, Soshi and Buso. He is a tall man with spiked black hair with pink dyed bangs; he wears a mask like Kakashi’s to conceal the extreme damage to his lower face, damage from a White Phosphorus grenade he sustained during an ambush on Oh-Ka ridge. Makoto is 24 years old and single.

Ryujin Gensoui (the Peaceful Dragon), is a ‘war monk’ who developed a vicious series of Taijutsu through mediation and perfected these moves in rigorous self training before returning to Paradiseo to teach others what he’d learned. Upon returning he was given the rank of Jonin and was chosen to train squad 13, meaning he is Kuroudo, Momoko and Miho’s sensei. As such he knows a lot about the true suffering these three children endured as results from the previous generation’s numerous blunders. Ryujin is very tall and densely muscled with long spiked black hair, he has numerous scars from his long life of battles but is generally a very peaceful man. He is 30 years old and single.

Soshi Tericutta (the Ocelot), is another one of Paradiseo’s few genjutsu users. Little is known about him except that he is actually from the Land of Mountains but defected to Paradiseo with his older brother before the war began. Soshi was born in El desierto de arena interminable. Soshi has white hair and darker skin then most Paradiseo nationals and his lips are large, his body is covered in tattooed words and symbols that allow him to cast his powerful genjutsu techniques “The World of Lies”. Soshi saw very little action during the Three Year War, and as such feels a need to prove himself as a Paradiseo ninja. He is 19 years old and single.

Buso Tericutta (the Mole), Soshi’s older brother and an expert scythe user. Buso is an unknown quality as he didn’t serve in the Three Year War; he had difficulty passing training and didn’t receive the rank of Genin until a day after the war ended. He feels great resentment over this fact and views the Chunin exam as his only chance to prove his worth as a ninja and a Tericutta clan member. Buso is 21 years old and single.