Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Dang! ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Thanks reviewers, uchiha clan rox, hmm that does sound like a good idea.

Chapter 12: Dang just Confess Already!
Kakashi POV
I don't know what's wrong with Iruka. Has he been more smiley face for the past couple of days or what? Maybe he has a girlfriend? I couldn't tell but I bet he has something on his mind that I don't want to know. Somehow I usually find out anyhow. I'll just have to wait like I always do.
I took Taki to school and I really didn't want to see Iruka today. I needed to analyze him unsuspected, not upfront. Got to look underneath the underneath, a ninjas most used proverb.
Unfortunately, he saw Taki and then saw me. He began walking over to me. I brought out my book and always looked interested in my book than anyone else.
“Hey Kakashi,” he said to me cheerily. You could hear the cheeriness.
“Yo,” I apathetically said.
“I finished my duties want to get some ramen?”
Really is that the only place he goes to now? There are other good places to eat and other things to eat besides ramen for the Hokage's sake.
“No, I already ate,” I clearly said to him.
He looked disappointed but then cheered up again. Definitely something troubling him.Issues. Hmm, better watch him some more. Maybe it was someone at the ramen shop?
----
My POV
Okay finally the NIGHT of the festival.
“Uncle! I need help!” she yelled from her door.
“Yes Taki-chan?” he opened the door.
“I don't know how to put this on,” Taki held up her yukata and obi.
“Why did you buy one if you don't know how to put one on?”
“Cause Daddy or Nori would do it for me.”
Interest peaking, he helped her get in her yukata, “So whose this Nori person?”
“She was the lady.”
“The lady?”
“Daddy called her `My lady in shining armor' because she saved him from some rain people,” she lifted her arms up for him to finish tying the obi.
What a professional. He must've done this before. And who said a man couldn't play dress-up?
Taki translation: A woman saved my daddy's butt from some ninjas from the Village of Rain.
“Was she his girlfriend?” asking pretty bluntly.
“Nope but she kept asking me if she could have a sleepover with my Daddy. She went away later,” Taki jumped into her getas.
“Ready?” Kakashi asked.
“Yep. Let's hurry and pick up Shiori-san. Fro and Neji-chan are waiting."
----
At the bakery, it was full of customers. Guess that old woman had a lot of friends because there were a lot of old people with grandkids eating in the corner.
Taki banged on the bell on the counter.
“Well if it isn't the little lady that's going to take away my Shiori-chan and leave me alone with these people,” Yunhee flipped her hair out of her eyes.
“Darn right we are!” Taki waved her fist around.
“Leave you alone with me. It's a good thing,” her boyfriend said behind her.
“Oh yeah huh. I forgot all about you,” she turned around to him.
He gasped and put a hand over his heart, “I'm hurt Yunhee. This is your boyfriend you're talking about.”
“Uh huh. Whatever.”
“She got you whipped!” Taki yelled.
Kakashi chuckled, Yunhee nodded, and some nosy old granny's laughed as well.
Humiliated of being the weaker species in the relationship, he crawled back into the kitchen.
----
Standing outside of the packed Cherubs Sweets. Leaving Yunhee and her boyfriend to take care of the shop.
“Don't you look elegant?” Kakashi commented.
Shiori's dark brown hair was pulled up in a fancy style. Her yukata was light blue with green leaves to match her eyes. Her obi and getas were white. Kakashi noticed the light touching of makeup but nevertheless he thought she looked beautiful.
“And…don't you look the same,” she checked him out grinning at him.
“I know.”
“Where's Taki?” she looked around.
Uh tsk tsk. Slipping your guard down already Kakashi? He looked around and saw her walking with Neji, Hinata, and another Hyuuga member that was randomly sentenced to baby-sit.
----
20 minutes later into the festival…
“And then she says `Let the blood on my blade be your demise,'” Taki quoted from a play.
“She sounds evil,” Neji said.
“She's not evil. I think. We've been walking around all night. Where's Fro?” she looked around the kiddie games for him.
The Hyuuga member left Neji and watched Hinata instead seeing as Kakashi and Shiori were `watching' them.Neji won her an evil lookin' teddy bear. Thus Takibringing up the story of how this evil samurai girl was going to kill off all the teddy bears in the world because she never had one. But of course, Taki made the story up.
“I haven't seen him either,” Neji clearly saw him a couple seconds ago.
The grown ups were 10 feet behind them. They were arm in arm walking.
“So what's this festival about anyway?” Shiori asked him, picking an octopus ball off of her stick.
“Um, I think it was about some love triangle or something like that,” he couldn't remember well about this festivals history.
“Well, there's a person selling books over there. Go ask him,” she pointed with her new fan Kakashi bought for her.
Being the good gentleman he is did what he was told. The old man who already gathered a crowd about him was about to tell the story. He had some drawings already made.
“Tanabata, or Seven Evenings, is a star festival. It celebrates the meeting of Orihime and Hikoboshi,” he showed a girl rabbit and a boy cat representing them. “But the Milky Way was stopping them,” he showed a river with the cat on one side and the bunny on the other. “And they could only meet each other once a year.” He ended it with the cat and bunny hugging each other on a bridge over the river that was supposed to be the Milky Way. “So the moral I made up for this story is to make sure you confess your feelings to that special someone before you're separated by a river,” he tapped the stacked pictures on the table.
The girls that were listening cried at it.
“What kind of moral is that?” Shiori asked.
“A good one that should be followed and not ignored lady,” the bookman eyed Kakashi, “You wanna buy the book?”
A couple of squealing girls said yes and bought it. What gullible little girls. The pictures weren't that great…
----
Taki eventually spotted Shino. His family was running a haunted house in a romantic festival? Okay it's the only thing I could think of.
“Shino, you're missing all the fun.”
“I was helping my uncle set the traps back in place,” he explained.
She tugged on Neji's arm, "Let's see this haunted house Veggie boy!"
"Heh," Shino laughed to himself.
Neji stuck his tongue out him.
The haunted house was a success. Both scary to the kids and the adults, the adults were a bit creeped out. Taki laughed the whole way. There was a skull moving on it's own, spider webs, coffins, people getting touched by cold things. Wheredid the Aburame's get such a collection? The last part of the walk was what made the grown ups freak, mostly the women which is pretty fun to watch if you're watching from the outside. The Aburame's would use they're bugs to go on the visitors and crawl all over them.
I would get creeped out by that too if I didn't already know the feeling under my pillow.
Shino was waiting for them outside. Taki gave him two thumbs up. Shino noticed the slight shaking in Neji's legs.
"That was great Shino!"
"My uncle came up with the idea."
"The crazy looking one?" Shino nodded.
Taki grabbed both boys arms and went to the games section.
Shiori and Kakashi came out a few seconds later. Shiori screamed in there. Kakashi was completely unfazed by it all but glad Shiori was all over him.
Unknowingly to Taki, again the duel had started once the two boys walked into the games section. They played every game and they tied each time. The last game was only for adults, this was going to be their tiebreaker, the lightning flashed and clashed out of their eyes.
Taki receiving all the winnings of them playing was getting bored. She gave all the toys away except for the evil bear and Shino's first prize which was an evil looking bunny.
The game was Catch A Piranha. The object of the game is to catch a piranha without getting bit with only the paper net. Just like the other fish catching game. Catch a fish you get to keep it. The rules are the same here.
Now, catching a piranha is extremely dangerous and children should NEVER try this at home. But...since we're not at home I guesswe can go around the rule.
Both of them cheated, Shino used his bugs as bait while Neji tried to figure which piranha is going to jump out of the fish tank. They were hungry tonight.
Both of them got bit. Taki being the nurse she pretended to be kiss and bandaged their booboos.
Taki caught one easily using her own arm as bait. The fishies jumps and one just happened to jump into her cup of water.She didn't know why they made it look so hard.
"Hey maybe piranha's like girls," she said cheerily holding up her piranha in a water-filled bag.
The last hours into the night. Kakashi, Shiori and everyone else was waiting for the fireworks. The three were playing cards, the game war, Taki was winning but she kept complaining they were letting her win.
In actuality, they just really sucked.
“Taki?” Shino looked at her.
“Yea.”
“Can I talk to you over there?” he pointed somewhere behind some trees.
She shrugged a why not. Now behind a tree and Neji wondering if Shino was going to do something dumb or not.
“You have something to say that you can't say in front of Neji-poo?” Taki asked him.
Shino nodded and cleared his voice, “Well…I…I.” He couldn't get on with it.
“You thirsty?”
“No never mind,” he walked back to the blanket.
Neji passed Shino and pulled her behind the same tree again.
“You too? Do you guys have something important to say?” Taki thinking maybe some secret about the other boy.
“Yes, um…you know what's the festival about?” he slightly looked off.
“Um, with that guy with the ugly drawings with the bunny and the dog right?” she put a finger to her chin.
He smirked, "It was the cat."
"Something with someone drowning in the...river right?" she didn't pay that much attention to the bookman's words.
"No, it was about the cat and bunny lovers meeting once a year," he said lowly.
Her eyes widened. She put a hand on his shoulder.
"Neji-poo I understand," she walked back to the blanket and started shuffling the cards one card at a time.
----
"You think she knows what they were doing?" Shiori whispered to Kakashi.
"She's smart. She should've figured it out by now."
They were sitting on another blanket. They were sitting pretty close too.
“Are you going to do that too Kakashi?” Shiori playfully said.
“No, I'm going to actually saw what I want to say.”
“What? Right now? Shouldn't we do this behind a tree or something? So when you do you'll whisk me away in your arms and give some kind of passionate kiss or something.”
“You thought that out thoroughly,” he raised a brow at her.
She shrugged and leaned back, “I saw someone doing it just now. It's too played out already.”
Kakashi was going to do exactly what she just said too! Too bad its clichéd. Now he will have to think of something else. Time to put that thinking cap back on Kakashi.
He heard a `psst' after that. He sensed Iruka trying to be sneaky guessing it was him he excused himself from the beautiful woman at his side to see what his friend wants now.
Iruka was behind a tree looking anxious as ever.
“Need something?” Kakashi looked at Iruka's looking around the ground.
“Just wanted to get this over with…” Hurry up and get on with it Iruka!
“Wha-”
He went in for the kill. Wait. What! Iruka get off my man!
----
Back to Kakashi's POV
What! The! HECK! I was totally unprepared by this catastrophe!
I shoved Iruka off of me and he fell to the floor.
He got me alone to see. And FEEL this?
I wiped my mask getting rid of his invisible germs! I'm shaken, truly shaken. I'll never look at Iruka the same way again. I know I wanted a kiss. But I wanted it from Shiori.
"Iruka..." I started.
"Hehe, I knew that was going to happen," Iruka stood up and patted his pants. He looks disappointed. And that's good! I don't want him thinking the wrong way.
He knew? Then he shouldn't have even done it!
“Iruka We'll talk about this tomorrow,” I sighed.
All I wanted was Shiori for the night. My karma is really screwing with me. Karma-hee hee
I slowly walked back to Shiori.
-Back to My POV-
“What's wrong Kakashi? Looks like you seen something horrifying,”Shiori looked around but no one was screaming.
"No just a long day," he breathed out.
"Okay," her worried look lightened but still was there.
The fireworks started. Everybody oohed and ahhed. Babies cried as usual. Kids bang banged at the sky. Shiori lightened up more and looked at Kakashi.
"Kakashi?"
"Yeah," he said glumly resting his chin on his hand.
"Had a good time tonight," she kissed him on the cheek.
He touched the kissed cheek his mood lifting up. He looked up at her getting up. The fireworks didn't finish yet.
"I'll start walking back to the bakery now Kakashi. If I know people, they'll might want some goodies to take home after the fireworks. It'll be pretty busy so I better get a head start in cooking. Knowing my employees. They must be panicking right now. Thanks for the fan and doll," she held up his game winnings.
Kakashi didn't know what to say. He was still staring at her. She rested her hand on his shoulder.
"I like you Kakashi. Let's do lunch sometime," her hand slowly slid off his shoulder.
"Oh yeah, she's one smooth operator. You guys should learn from Ms. Shiori-san," Taki whispered to Neji-poo and Fro.

this was a long one. it's 3:22 am, time to sleep.