Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ The Final ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here's the final chapter

Chapter 15: Hormones, Misters, and Poofing all over the place
Knock. Knock. Knock. She waited. Waited. And waited some more. Today was a new day and she was on a mission.
`Maybe they're deaf?' she knocked harder than before.
“What are you doing knocking on our door?” some little Hyuuga member said through the open crack of the door.
“I wanna talk to Neji the veggie's dad, is he still sleeping or something?” Taki put her notepad and crayon in her pocket.
“He disappeared a few weeks ago. What you want with Neji-san?” the little girl said.
Taki told her what happened yesterday and the girl didn't understand but still laughed anyway.
“I'm Hinabi!” she shook Taki's hand.
“I'm Taki. Then is whoever in charge around here awake yet?”
“Father is in charge. He has business but you can see him later! Hey let's do some karate!” Hinabi pulled her inside the fortress.
/-/ Song Mode /-/
“Killer tofu!
Fast food feels fuzzy
Cause it's made from stuff that's skuzzy
I always thought I was such a nerd, I refused to touch that strange bean curd
I wouldn't eat it, WOW!
But it ate you!
Aaheeoo, killer tofu!
Ooeeoo, killer tofu!
I eat my sugar cereal,
but it makes my teeth bacterial
Eayeeoh.
Eeayee.
If you're feeling kind of cruddy
just stick right by your buddy
and don't eat, t-t-t-t-too much fried food, yeah!
Aeeoo, killer tofu! Ooeeoo, killer tofu!”
Taki clapped, “You're really good Hinabi-chan!”
Hinabi smirked, “I know that. I'm good at carroting!” she threw her the hairbrush slash pretend microphone.
“It's karaoke-ing not `carroting' or `karate' that's for fighting. My turn.”
“And I shall pick your song,” she flipped through radio stations.
They were currently singing to the songs on the radio it seems. Hyuugas are too serious nowadays and didn't let the kids buy such fun toys such as the karaoke machine.
“I know that song turn it back,” Taki jumped up on her bed.
“La la la yay
More than ever, I'm gonna push for it! Yon! More than ever, it's gonna be a romantic day! Yay! More than ever, I'm gonna stand ready! Ho!More than ever, I'm gonna be considerate! Doh! Gathering everyone together. Enjoying life to the fullest.
We'll be happier than we've ever been! Smily!
There's a place for you if you want to cry it out. Waratte! Waratte! I want to see you smile. (Smile! Smile!)
If you want to cry, I'll be there for you. Waratte! Waratte! I can't wait to see you again.
La la la la yay! Smily!
More than ever, I feel pretty! Yo. More than ever, it's a lucky day! Yay. More than ever, I feel strong! Ho. More than ever, I believe this! Doh.
It's hard to describe, but that's why it's fun, and I love it. It makes me happier than I've ever been! Smily!
Let's go look again for that lost feeling. Waratte! Waratte! I want to see you smile! Let's try and whistle away those painful feelings. Waratte! Waratte! I can't wait to see you again.
La la la la la I can't wait to see you again, ” and ended with two victory signs.
/-/ Singing ends /-/
Hinabi whistled and clapped, “You as great as me. You in second place!” the younger kid exclaimed.
Someone cleared their voice; the girls jumped and looked to the left. It was Hinabi's dad, Hyuuga Hiashi and Neji.
“I thought you said someone wanted to meet with me, Hinabi,” Hiashi was not in the mood today to `sing.'
“Uh yes father!” she stood up and bowed.
----
Hiashi was sipping on some gin and juice, all laid back. Taki sipped on the juice and not the gin. A game table between them.
“My nephew said he likes you and wants you to choose between him and the Aburame boy, is this correct?” he put down a black piece.
Taki nodded, “Just telling you how it is.”
His brows raised and he nodded for her to continue.
“And I don't like picking favorites because I like changing my mind,” she moved her white piece.
“And you came here to say…?” he crossed his arms and stared at the bored.
“If I pick him. I want your say-so.”
“What? To court him?” he moved his piece, she nodded, and he chuckled.
She jumped his pieces, “You know what I mean.”
“I don't want you to interfere with his training.”
“You're just mad I beat you at checkers,” she stood up, “I'm done asking questions now. Gonna go talk to Neji-kun now.”
“Wait. Take off that patch,” Hiashi finally looked at her.
She showed him her white eye.
“That's not a Hyuugas is it?” he quaked looking at the sinister questioning eye.
“I can't look in every direction,” she easily explained.
“You still didn't ask me anything.”
“I already did. Ciao Mister Neji's Uncle,” she waved at him before leaving the room.
`That girl is a Hatake? She's becoming like her uncle. I should consider her. She may weaken my nephew but then she brings out the best in my daughter. Time for a chat with all the old farts,' he picked up the black pieces he lost.
----
“Neji you're going to answer some questions for me,” she grinned devilishly.
Because it was Taki, he didn't know what she would do. He was nervous and gulped down a big glass of anxiety.
“Pick a number.”
“One.”
“Pick a color.”
“Black.”
“Pick another number,” she then said.
“Five.”
She opened the flap, “It says `You're going to have a lot of girls running after you.' Wow Neji-chan aren't you lucky!”
He sweated, “Aren't you supposed to ask me questions?”
“This is part of your test. Don't interrupt the examiner. Here,” she handed him her notepad and crayon, “Draw me a picture.”
“Of what?”
“Anything.”
He nodded. She popped her head outside his bedroom door.
“Piña- I mean Hinata…Girl! Hey baby I'm talking to you!” she shouted out the door.
“W-What do you want? And what are you doing in Neji-san's r-room?” she said this without any stutter since she was shivering with hatred for Taki for some reason.
“Get me something to eat.”
She scoffed, “I'm not a servant.”
“Then go and tell a servant to get me something to eat. Some milk and cookies. Hurry up girl I don't got all day,” she commanded.
Hinata gave in and called a servant over to do Taki's bidding. Taki closed the door in Hinata's face.
“You done drawing your picture?” he nodded, “Close it so I can't see it and then give it to me.”
He did it like a good little boy. She put it in her back pocket and opened his window.
“Now what are you doing?”
She got her leg over the edge and looked down at him, “I'm leaving?”
“From the second floor? Go use the door.”
“No, you have to stay here and eat the cookies and milk the servant is going to bring. You don't have to though. Hinata probably spit in the milk or something. You could come with me. But your uncle says you got some trainin' to do and I gotta go to Shino-chan's house for testin' too,” she put her finger in the middle of his forehead and pushed him back.
He ran back to the rail and saw her land on all fours. She gave him a victory sign and ran past the other Hyuugas training. Cats always land on their feet.
----
Taki nodded. Her mouth filled with rice balls.
“Didn't know Shino had it in him. The sly bug,” the Uncle of Shino rubbed his rugged chin. His five o'clock shadow was already showing and it was only noon.
“Who should I pick Mr. Abu?” some rice stuck to the sides of her mouth. (short for Aburame duh)
“Honestly…I'd choose neither. Choose when you're twelve or thirteen. People change, attitudes change, and you don't know if it's just affection, crushes, or just friendship rivalry. Itachi sounds the best; forget about my nephew.”
“So…I don't need to test Shino?”
“Nope, I'll test for him!” Mr. Abu, Shino's uncle stated, pointing at himself.
She did the same test as Neji's. Taki didn't look at the pictures they drew yet.
----
“Boy!” she stretched, “I'm tired!” Taki shouted out into the forest.
“Hatake Taki!”
Taki turned around. It was Itachi, the slipper-taker.
“Oh it's my hated friend,” she put her hands behind her head.
“Heard your suitors are waiting for you to choose,” he sat down, leaned back on a tree, and peeled a clementine (or orange) perfectly.
She fell in his lap trying to steal his orange, “Why'd you move! You almost killed me with your dinky knife!”
“You didn't say please,” he grinned and sat her on his lap.
Now Taki folded her arms, “I won't say please to you.”
“You gotta give me something in return if you even want a slice.”
“I'll give you a good kick in the nards if you don't give me one.”
“Fair enough,” he handed her half.
Taki gave a heavenly sigh when she popped one in her mouth. What a joyous occasion. She just loves oranges.
“I might as well join in. I like you too Taki.” Itachi, this is as close to as being called a pedophile.
“But I hate you.”
“I'm better than those little boys,” and he spoofed off.
----
Slap!
"Hey what's this...a ladybug?" She opened her hand.
It was a bug. One of Shino's bugs to be exact. The bug sweated hoping she wouldn't squish him.
"I never seen you around Mr. Buggy-o. I shall call you Big Mac. Because you're big and you were trying to mack on my neck! Weren't you Big Mac?"
Big Mac wasn't really trying to mack on her neck just spy on her. And since Mac wasn't the brightest bug crawling under Shino's skin this should have been the easiest order from Shino. And he got caught! Poor dumb Big Mac.
"Hmm," she looked around. "I pick Shino. I pick Neji. I pick Itachi. I pick nobody," Taki plucked another flower petal.
"Hmph, ah forget it I'll just flip a coin!" she dropped the flowers and ran out of the woods to find a nickel or some other coin.
She collided into someone. Big Mac went flying off somewhere.
"Ouch! Oh, it's a stranger...The sign you're holding says...Come. With me. Oh! and Meet Mr. Oro! If you know Mr. Oro, then that means I can come!" She took the mysterious strangers hand and they vanished.
And that's why you shouldn't go with strangers.
----
Earlier with Kakashi…
"Orochimaru," Kakashi turned around.
"I see you haven't forgotten me," he transformed back to his pale cross dressing self.
"What are you doing here?"
"Just stopping by to visit my little green demon."
Kakashi glared at him knowing whom he was talking about now.
`How could I have left my guard down so easily,' he thought.
"I see Taki hasn't told you that I'm Mr. Oro then. It's a pleasant surprise," Mr. Oro chuckled and bowed, "She always will be like that I suppose," he said more to himself than to Kakashi.
Before Kakashi could even make a sign. Orochimaru disappeared. Kakashi poofed to the Hokage to inform him of Mr. Oro's arrival.
----
“Where's Mr. Oro, Mister?” she looked at the hooded figure.
“When he feels like it,” he crossed his arms and tried to pretend he was asleep.
“Hey Mister…Mister…Mister are you sleeping?” she poked him, “Mister-” she was slammed on the wall.
“Stop calling me Mister,” Mister let go of her neck and sat back in his place inside some random cave.
Taki coughed and stayed quiet, “You're not a good friend of Mr. Oro's.”
“Never said I was girl,” he pulled his hood down a little lower.
They waited in the cave for about an hour when he appeared.
“Mr. Oro!” she cried on his leg.
“Noh what did you do now? I told you not to hurt the girl,” Orochimaru patted her hair.
“She called me Mister,” he argued back.
“You won't get the item if you keep acting like that,” Oro stared at the flinching Noh.
“Now Taki let's check if your eye has gotten better. Noh you can leave for now.”
----
`Tsk, where the heck are they?' Kakashi worried.
He saw a small fireball off into the distance to his left. Hope Kakashi wasn't too late.
“Why… won't you stay down!” decisively she canceled his powers.
“Phoenix you're done. Let's grab the corpse and split.”
“We have company guys,” a male in a faceless mask said.
The four people excluding the corpse looked to their right.
“Shiori,” he whispered his breath labored.
“Want me to get rid of him Phoenix?” another materialized behind him.
“No he would've found out sooner or later,” she combed her hair back, “You can't kill quietly when the prey is a firecracker.”
The other three laughed and took the corpse and vanished. Shiori sighed and looked at herself, her dress was in tatters.
“Kakashi-”
“Where's Taki?” he said coldly.
Shiori looked at the high moon, “Think he's just about finished with her. Follow me.”
----
“This is the last time we'll see each other.”
“Forever Mr. Oro?” tears sprouted.
“Unless you come with me and leave everything else behind,” he offered.
“But…Uncle,” she stared at her slippers.
“Goodbye Taki. Don't forget to check your slippers,” he vanished.
“Mr. Oro don't leave,” she cried and fainted.
“Taki!”
“Orochimaru's finally finished with her,” Shiori whispered.
----
Kakashi wrapped up her wounds and put her to bed. They went back into his living room.
“You're going to tell me everything Shiori,” he said.
Shiori sighed, “Knew putting my feelings in this mission wasn't going to help me,” massaging the back of her neck.
“Taki's father was an expert in escaping the impossible. But he didn't live his life as a criminal. We don't know who her mother was. He stayed in the Sand village and that's when she appeared. Taki was kidnapped over there when he went off on a mission. We just caught the kidnapper remember with my squad and the corpse. That was him and he was associated with Orochimaru.”
“Who are your squad members?”
“Yunhee and her boyfriend. Not their real names of course and the piranha man from the festival remember?”
And for some maddening reason he couldn't remember their faces!
“I see you're mad that you can't remember them now, correct? Means their disguises held up well,” Shiori said to herself.
“Back to Orochimaru,” he mentioned.
“She was kidnapped so her father could give Noh, the kidnapper, a forbidden scroll he hid away somewhere. Orochimaru found Noh and Taki. He took her for himself; I believe he found some new project to do with her including a blind woman. This blind woman wanted to see so badly Orochimaru found her and switched one eye of Taki's for hers.
Either he did something else to the blind eye in Taki or her body did something to it cause Taki can see with both eyes. The blind woman was able to see in one eye but then later died of sabotaging a governor in another country.”
“And Noh came back to see if she had the forbidden scroll correct?”
Shiori nodded, “He was the Akuma in her closet. We let her know we were watching her.”
“Her father became a comrade of Orochimaru's since he can't get her eye back. Mr. Oro taught her some jutsus in the village of sound where they stayed the most. Taki obtained some new abilities when she received her new eye. The blind woman wasn't that useless. Mr. Oro helped her develop it and he called it the Piercing Eye. I don't think she ever tried her move outside her bedroom yet. One of them that I know is she can see how strong her opponent is. That's why she usually wears her eye patch. People with low chakras or basically people who aren't ninjas are the color white. She says it hurts to look at them with her other eye.”
“You mean she practices in her room?” he didn't hear or notice a thing.
“Remember, she lived in the village of sound. When she lived there, she was taught to not make a sound. Either that or be the loudest one.”
“And you're the Lady I was going to pounce on,” he pointed at her.
Her mouth lifted up but her eyes weren't happy, “And the mission still isn't finished,” she muttered.
“Shiori?”
“Sorry Kakashi but I'm taking her with me. Captain says it's too dangerous in Konoha to let her stay here."
"Like every other place isn't?" he said sarcastically.
"Please don't be like this Kakashi. His reason was that too many people are here. Can't have this situation to occur again what with the Hyuuga, Aburame, and Uchiha's family watching her," he interrupted, "Sounds more safer to me."
"But it isn't a wise move to play. Both of our Kage's agreed with his reason. I suggest you should too."
"You're telling me to just forget about Taki?" 'and you?' he thought.
"Kakashi I didn't mean that. She'll come back when I think she should come back. Captain's orders."
"And how long will that take?" his heart was breaking.
"When things calm down in Konoha. On which I figure it's not going to be for some factors," she stood up.
"What are they?"
"I noticed a few that might be a major factor. I believe that Taki's would-be suitors fathers would agree to this too. That's all I can say for now."
"Sounds like she may never come back."
"Quit acting like achild Hatake and act like her parent. You know that I'm right."
"Shiori."
"Yeah?"
"You better come back with her as well."
Her eyebrows rose and she smiled, "I'll put your parenting skills to good use. Looking forward to coming back to my bakery," she grinned.
---- (Watch out! Major OOCness! NOo!)
Ahh what a rainy day in Konoha for travelers to come by. It was a lovely day for Taki because she finally comes home after twelve years. She is officially sixteen years old. She carried just a bag over her shoulder and held a red umbrella low to hide her face.
“Just like the day we met Yura yura…reaching just to give you a gentle kiss on your cheek…Falling, falling, I can't wait to meet you… Hmm, 'just too tall?' Oh, every time the petals fall, my heart skips a beat," she nodded, "Yep, that's how the song goes," she smiled to herself and passed Sakura.
There was a crowd of teenage girls crowding around a cafe window. Now whose the hotguythat a crowd of girls will be hanging around outside the cafe? Taki was going to find out.
Taki went inside and closed her umbrella wetting some of the girls.
She took a look around the small cafe. Not much to see. Old geezers, depressed nonconformists or now basically called gothic people hanging around in the dark corners of the cafe and sitting right in front of the windows were the girls objects of desires.
She walked right up to their table and scooted right next to one of them, "Hi I don't think we met but those girls seem to have no lives don't they?" she started.
The three other guys just stared at her.
"And you are?" the one with the dark hair said. They all had dark hair XD.
"Taki. Sasuke-chan you look different did you put on lotion or something?" a waiter came up to their table to shine some of his charms on Taki, "I'll just take some juice thanks," and dismissed the guy.
"Taki who?" Sasuke glared at her.
Taki put her arm around his shoulders. Some of the fangirls fainted.
"I guess with one person missing we can call this the All-Male Table. Right guys?" she smiled at them.
Their guys slackened and dropped.
"Taki!" Neji really looked at her, "Open your eyes more."
She had her eyes lowered the whole time. Taki finally beamed her eyes at him. And the guys were dazzled.
"You...changed." Shino simple said.
"I guess I did! You changed too! No more high collars and big jackets for you. All of you look good. Like young hot models," she received her juice.
The guys didn't say anything. But she was right. Everything changed about them except their personalities. Shino still wore his cool lookin' shades and was the smart intellectual type that all the nerdy girls dreamed about. Neji covered the mark on his forehead, kept the long hair, and was the sophisticated type that older women loved. And Sasuke was still Sasuke the bad boy lonewolf type all mothers told you about but still told you to chase after him.
"Sucks being famous though," Sasuke sipped his drink, "I'm leaving."
"Bye Sasuke! I'll kick your butt next time," she waved.
He stopped opening the door and came back, "You better be prepared to get whipped."
"Okay, I'll get the Cool Whip and you can bring the strawberries," Taki winked and puckered her lips at him.
The fangirls were watching this whole scene in disgust and agony when Sasuke blushed and poofed outta there. Two-thirds of group ran of to find him.
"So, you're over me right? Or were you still waiting for my decision and then gave up?" She looked up at them.
Shino drummed his fingers, "I couldn't wait. I'm married so that leaves me out."
He stood up to leave. The fangirls now knew they lost their chance with the hot smexy Hyuuga Neji and decided to go back to theoriginal plan and go after Sasuke.
"You're married too huh Neji? It's to be expected clans do tend to marry off-"
"No I didn't marry Hinata."
Taki's eyes widened and put her hands up, "Woah, a little too much and incest you know."
Neji smirked and took her hand.
----
Woah, Neji on the hormone rampage! They were already making out after twenty minutes of the 'how are you's behind the cafe shop.
"Hmm, what shampoo do you use?" Neji felt her now straight green hair.
"Well your drawing did say 'I love peppermint shampoo' with bubbles in your doodle. It was cute so I found a bottle and now know why your hair is soft. You're just like a woman Neji!" she laughed.
He captured her kips again. What a horn dog already wanting some action on the first day.

The songs were “Killer Tofu” by The Beets from Doug Funnie and “Smily” by Otsuka Ai; I played her song while I was typing this out, see profile for her vid.
Neji's doodle is in profile.
Thanks for reading. or then again maybe their should be a part 2. with love triangle feat. taki/neji/and tenten. oooOOoh that would be funny.