Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect ❯ A Conversation ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Naruto stood in the middle of Konoha Village alone. Completely alone. There was no one there and it was silent. Too silent. “Sakura-chan? Sasuke? Kakashi-sensei?” Naruto called out but no one replied. He walked along the street and reached Sakura's house. He knocked at the door, but no one answered. Hoping that nobody will mind, he entered the house.
 
Blood.
 
There was blood everywhere. “Sakura-chan!” Naruto dashed to Sakura's room. It was a dreadful sight. Sakura's dead body was lying on the floor. “You're a murderer.” A voice whispered to him. “No I'm not.” He said. “You're just the kyubi, after all. No one will think of you as anything else.” The voice continued.
 
Wrong.
 
“No! I have friends. Sasuke and Sakura-chan!” Naruto said in anger. “Then, why did you kill her?” Again, Naruto stared at the body in front of him. “I didn't…” his voice faded when he realized that he was holding a kunai that was full of blood. “NO!” Naruto heard the voice laughing at him. “Fool.”
************************************************************** **********
 
“Naruto! Wake up, you idiot!” Sakura shook Naruto's body. “Sakura-chan! You're alright!” Naruto said as he woke up. “Is he alright?” Tsunade asked. “I think so.” Sakura replied. “Hey, are you feeling okay?” Yuki asked him. Naruto nodded his head. “I guess.” Sakura looked at him and back to the others. “I have to go now. My mom wants me to be back before lunch.” She explained. After that, she and Tsunade went away.
 
“Yuki, we're going back. You coming?” Aki asked. Yuki shook her head. “I'll stay.” The other two nodded and went back to their house. “Are you sure you're okay?” Yuki asked, Sasuke standing beside her. “Yeah, why?” Naruto asked her. “Your face looks kind of… pale.” Yuki told him. “Here.” Sasuke said, giving him a bottle of water. “Thanks.”
 
“My face looks pale?” Naruto asked after he had finished drinking the water. “Uh-huh. And you were muttering something when you passed out. What was that? Oh, right. Sakura-chan.” Yuki said, grinning at him. He blushed. “It wasn't really a good dream, in fact, it's kind of frightening.” Naruto said quietly, but Sasuke and Yuki heard. They wanted to ask him about it, but decided not to.
 
They were silent for a few moments. “Sorry, I think I said something that makes things tense.” Naruto apologized. “It's fine.” Yuki replied. Sasuke decided to leave them a few minutes later, so they were walking alone. “I'll send you home.” Naruto said. “No thanks, I'll be fine by myself.” Yuki assured him. “I guess the match today proves, huh?” Naruto said, grinning. Yuki laughed.
 
Naruto looked at the pendant that Yuki wears. “That's nice.” He said. Yuki looked at the pendant and smiled. “Thanks. My friend gave it to me before I left Konoha six years ago.” Yuki explained. “A friend your age?” Naruto asked, thinking that if the person was around their age, he might know the person. “Yeah, but… I can't remember him anymore. It's strange… I remember that I was a great friend of his, but I can't remember anything else.”
 
“That's natural. I mean, you were just six years old.” Naruto said. “Yeah, I guess. I really want to meet him, but on the other hand, I don't.” Naruto looked at her curiously. “I wouldn't want to meet that person and ask for his name, would I? That's so embarrassing.” Yuki said, smiling at the thought. Naruto laughed.
 
“You know, you're the only girl I know who doesn't go nuts when Sasuke's around.” Naruto said suddenly. “Sasuke?” Yuki asked. “Yup. All the other girls, except maybe Hinata, have a crush on him.” Naruto explained. “Oh, really? That's just like Aki. He has a lot of fans too. They make me go crazy.” Yuki said. “I guess it's kind of odd, though. I'm so used to hearing people shouting Sasuke's name that I don't mind anymore. I can't believe people would have a crush on that bastard.”
 
“He's a really good friend of yours, isn't he?” Yuki asked. “Sasuke? No way!!! He's my greatest rival. I'll beat him someday, you'll see, and I `ll become the greatest Hokage anyone has ever seen.” Naruto said spiritedly. “Hokage? Is that your goal?” Naruto nodded. “What about your goal?” Naruto asked his friend. “Goal? I'm not sure. I guess I'll decide when I'm older. For now, I'll just focus on being a ninja.”
 
The two talked until they reached their home.
************************************************************** **********
If you want you can guess who Yuki's friend is. Somehow the writing's a bit wrong. The part above is naruto's dream while part below is reality.