Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sasuke's New Found Love for Sakura ❯ Return ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Naruto or the making of it
-------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------



Once Sakura entered the safety of her home, she continued cleaning up the rest of her kitchen, all the while thinking about the stranger she just saw.

‘What if it was a ghost? A spirit!’ she shivered but knew that spirits wouldn’t really have what looked to be Sharingan eyes. Those red orbs were different, they were familiar, and glistened like no other.

However, she just couldn’t straighten out her mind where she’s seen eyes such as those before. After struggling with her mind for a while, she ignored it and finished up her cleaning. She went to the front to lock her door, stepping outside to close it first but once she stepped outside, a rush of air blew passed her and she was staring at those same bloody red orbs.

The gaze wouldn’t let her go and she was transfixed at that one spot. Her knees weren’t trembling at all as she would’ve done but somehow, she felt a familiar presence within the stranger. The stranger was a man fully dressed in a dark coat with a thin black fabric covering the lower half of his face. The mask reminded her of Kakashi but obviously, this wasn’t him. She couldn’t move at first especially when the stranger walked closer to her. She stood her ground, already calculating the possibilities of escape or head on combat, but something was holding her back.

The dark figure before her brought a hand to the corner of his neck and suddenly, Sakura was blinded. The figure used such great speed that within a second he had his piece of fabric wrapped around her eyes so she couldn’t see anything at all and he held her hands behind her back so she couldn’t attack.

Sakura gasped and tried to peer through the cloth but though it was thin, it was very dark; too dark to see through. She tried shaking it off but the knot was too tight. The stranger chuckled softly and she darted her head at the direction it was coming from; right in front of her. She felt his heat intensify even more and arms were caressing her waist. The pink headed girl was trapped with some complete stranger. Who knew what he was gonna do next--rape her?

‘Omfg, pleaseohpleaseohplease don’t!’ she kept praying in her head. She tugged at his arms but he was too masculine to do any effort. She then felt a slight prickle of his hair next to her neck and heard him whisper…

“Don’t be afraid Sakura, it’s only me…” he leaned back only to kiss her softly. It was pleasant indeed and all too familiar, she had only kissed two boys and somehow she knew that Naruto couldn’t have kissed her this way. When he pulled back, the rush of a familiar scent filled in the holes.

“Sasuke…” she whispered without even noticing the name that just came out of her mouth.

“I’m surprised you even remember me.” he snorted. The voice was very much like Sasuke’s but had developed deeper as a whole year and more had passed. The Haruno however, felt hurt at his statement.

“How dare you say that! Neither Naruto or myself can ever forget a fellow teammate.” Her anger pumped up her chakra and she freed herself from Sasuke’s grip. She tore off the fabric and glared at him with mixed emotions: anger, pain, and concern. But to her astonishment, he looked back at her with a shocked and also pained gaze. Sakura had never seen him with this expression before but it soon dissolved away and Sasuke had a blank face.

“Aa, so you just think of me as a teammate now.” Sakura loosened her grip on her kunai and stared directly into his onyx eyes. It took her a while to assure what she was going to say and finally made up her mind.

“Yes. Sasuke, you have been gone for so long and my emotions for you have been….replaced.”
Of course, she was lying.

Sasuke raised a brow. ‘Replaced?’ he wondered.

“Naruto has been along my side throughout the whole time and has given me all his friendship.”

‘Naruto…’ Sasuke grimaced at the thought of being replaced by Him.

“I now know that I don’t need a selfish boy who doesn‘t even consider saying a ‘good-bye’.” she sighed rather happily. “I have grown so much stronger…when you were gone.”

Sasuke felt like as if he had been jabbed in the chest with a shuriken. Her words had hurt him far more than literally being stabbed. The two stayed quiet until Sasuke began to step out into the streets.

‘Good, she thinks like me now.’ Had he given her that kind of influence?

“Then coming back was a mistake after all…”

“No! ..stay…we‘ve missed you.” The figure stopped and turned towards her. He gave a simple smirk.

“Hn, then I’ll stay. “ he turned back to the streets and said with a faint hint of grimace, “I’m glad you’ve seen the truth…”

Sakura watched him leave just as he had watched Naruto leave. Having both of them walk the same path that cold night seemed to be a signal for her. A sign, that no matter how much she tried she will still not be able to be compared with them, that no matter what, she will be left behind as the two go on their same path of life.

She was so afraid that they might just leave her behind and vanish without notice just as Sasuke had done. If he had done it once, he can certainly do it multiple times and Naruto would eventually follow him without her slowing them down. Haruno silently choked as Sasuke disappeared then retrieved back to her apartment.

She couldn’t really sleep with thoughts bouncing inside her head. But at least now, they were a team again; Sasuke was back.