Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them
 
Chapter 25
 
 
Harry grimaced as he heard a familiar voice call his name. Just because he needed to speak to the man didn't mean he actually wanted to.
 
“Harry!” Sighing he stepped off the road and waited for the older man to catch up.
 
Jiriaya.” Harry answered flatly, making the sannin stare at him in surprise. While they weren't friends they did share a student and so usually made an effort to get along.
 
“Since you're team seven's sensei for a while longer I need to let you know I'm taking Naruto out of the village for a bit on an errand.” Harry just stared at him blandly.
“What?” he blinked in shock as the younger man grabbed his arm. After feeling like he was being sucked through a straw he found they were standing on top of the Hokage monument.
 
“Want to tell me what you were thinking or did you even think?” The wizard spat angrily.
 
“What?” Jiriaya stared at him in bewilderment.
 
“You taught him to tap its power! Are you insane?” Oh, so that was what Harry was mad about.
 
“Just teaching him to use all his resources.” He shrugged.
 
“And did you think of the consequences for Naruto? You have no idea what channelling that sort of power could do to him or the seal. Not to mention if he starts depending on it while fighting.” Harry all but growled at the perverted author.
 
“With all the people out there who want him dead he needs every advantage he can get.”
 
“And what about his continued exposure to that creature? You really think it isn't plotting someway to get out or influence him if it gets the chance? If anything, and I mean anything, happens to him because of your training I will hunt you down.” With that Harry apparated away.
 
---------------------------------
“How are you feeling today?” Kakashi grinned as Harry walked into his hospital room.
 
“Fine.” He studied the other man.
“What's wrong?”
 
“Just an argument with a toad.” Kakashi blinked before he realised who Harry meant.
 
“About?” He patted the bed and Harry perched on the edge.
 
“His training methods. He's taking Naruto with him out of the village for a bit on some sort of errand. And I'm stuck with your team till you decide to get your lazy self out of bed.” Harry smiled at him, squeezing the hand he was holding gently. Kakashi bushed slightly beneath his mask, it felt a little odd but nice. He didn't know what it was about Harry that made him trust him and feel so comfortable around him but it was nice.
 
“You don't agree with teaching him to use it?” Kakashi guessed and Harry nodded.
 
“Relying on something like that is dangerous. And there is no way to know what sort of affect it could have on him later on.” Harry shrugged and Kakashi nodded, understanding his reasoning.
 
“Then we need to give him more assets to use during a fight without it.” Harry grinned at Kakashi's suggestion. Between the two of them surely they could arm Naruto with enough knowledge and techniques that he wouldn't need to use the demons charka.
 
--------------------------
“I'm sorry niisan.” Harry blinked in surprise.
 
“What for kiddo?” He asked as he sat beside his brother.
 
“For messing up. Now everyone knows I'm an Uchiha.” Sasuke stared at the ground.
“They'll try to take me away from you, wont they?” Harry chuckled and pulled the teen close.
 
“I dare them to try.” Sasuke looked up to see Harry smirking.
“You are my son by blood and any test they try will show that. We'll leave Konoha before I let them take you.”
 
“But Kakashi, Naruto…” Sasuke trailed off.
 
“No one is more important to me than you Sasuke.”
 
--------------
“The Council wants to see you Potter-san.” Harry turned to look at the two Anbu standing behind him and sighed. He'd been expecting this but had hoped Sarutobi would be up and around before it happened, he wouldn't have minded the old mans support.
 
“Of course.” He followed the two masked men to the room where the Council was waiting. He stood in front of them silently as they studied him.
 
“You will turn the Uchiha child over so that he will be raised properly from now on.” One stated coldly with the others nodding. They hadn't even bothered to introduce themselves although he could recognise a few of the clans from the exams.
 
“No.” He stated just as coldly, head held high.
 
“You dare kidnap a child of this village and then refuse to return him?”
 
“Sasuke is a ninja of Konoha so how have I kept him from his home? And I did not kidnap him. I found him as a child on my doorstep. After an unsuccessful search for his family I legally adopted him, by blood, making him my son. Any test will show that he is a Potter by blood. We started travelling through the hidden villages for the sole reason of trying to find his family. Given the circumstances we will not be trying to track down Itachi. Sandaime knew from the start that Sasuke was probably an Uchiha, he apparently looks like Itachi at the same age.” Harry explained, making himself remain calm, at least on the outside.
 
“Do you have any idea who we are?”
 
“A bunch of idiotic traditionalists with, as a friend put it, kunai stuck too far up their.”
 
“I think they got the point Potter-san.” The room fell silent as a new voice was heard. Harry turned and bowed respectfully towards the man who had just entered.
 
“It's good to see you up and about Hokage-sama.” Harry greeted with a smile.
 
“Thanks to you're help. Now then what is going on here?” Sarutobi took his seat and motioned for Harry to stand beside him.
 
“This…this foreign…civilian dares to keep the Uchiha from us!”
 
“You do not have the right to demand any parent give up their child, especially a Konoha shinobi.” Sandaime answered calmly.
 
“He is no shinobi.” Hiashi pointed out.
 
“Actually he is.” At the Sandaime's nod Harry took out the hitai-ate he'd been given and tied it around his head.
“If that is not proof enough I can summon Gai and Anko to recount their fight against Orochimaru, a fight that would have ended in Kakashi's death if not for Harry. Or perhaps you would prefer to hear of my own fight against him where Harry saved my life? His actions for Konoha go even further back when he saved Kakashi on a mission, hid him from Cloud-nin and nursed him back to health.”
 
“That does not answer the charge of kidnapping! He took the boy from his clan. He can not remain unpunished for daring such a thing. How do we know what he has taught the boy? We've all seen the way he hangs around the dem…”
 
“Please finish that sentence.” Harry growled, hands clenched into fists.
“Watching people doom themselves through their own stupidity is always good for a laugh.” Sarutobi looked at Harry, he'd heard of the large wolf Harry had apparently transformed into to attack Orochimaru and he was not keen on seeing it first hand.
 
“How dare you!”
 
“NO! How dare you!” Harry roared and a few people actually flinched back.
“You have no right to say how I raise my son or who he can befriend. How dare you call that boy a demon, the only demons I see are the ones sitting in front of me! How stupid can you honestly get? If he were a demon you would all be long dead for treating him the way you do. Instead he takes all your abuse with a smile and fights with everything he has to protect this village. Are those the actions of a demon? Not last time I checked. If that is all I will be going now.” Harry gave a stiff bow to Sarutobi and then vanished from the room. Sandaime looked around at the members of the Council.
 
“Pray your actions today have not just gained as another enemy. You will leave Potter and his son alone. If you try to interfere you will be spending quality time with Ibiki.” With that he also left.
 
TBC…