Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Snippets of KakaSaku ❯ Underneath Your Clothes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Underneath Your Clothes (I'm terribly tempted to try to make each drabble titled by a song but I'm sure after this one I'll fail miserably, haha.)
Theme #9: Attraction
Word Count: 333

~ ~ ~It was the mask that had done it, she explained to him later. It had drawn her attention to him like nothing else could have.Obviously in the beginning it had just been the physical mystery as Team 7 had planned one hair-brained scheme after another trying to see the face underneath. They'd gone so far as to make bets about what he looked like, whether completely normal or hideously disfigured - their opinions differing greatly depending on how hard he'd pushed them during training. However as she'd grown older and had begun to see him as more of a peer her interest deepened. Yes, she was still curious about his appearance, but more forefront in her mind were questions like: 'When did he start wearing it?' 'Why did he start wearing it?' 'Does he take it off for anyone?' 'Is he hiding or trying to protect something?'These were harder answers to find but easier to go after. It was much more pleasurable as well since she got to spend time with someone who was quickly becoming one of her favorite people, instead of having her dignity handed back to her on a platter when one of their de-masking attempts failed. It made her look closer at Kakashi, the man, and wonder about every event in his life that had shaped him into who he was. Then through it all, through all her seeking inquisitiveness to get inside his shell, to figure out the enigma that was Kakashi, she fell in love with him. Simple as that. And it might never have happened if she hadn't been so determined to figure out why he wore the blasted thing."So you see, it's entirely your fault that we're in this predicament now," she teased, brushing a finger lightly across his cloth-covered lips. "Of course." Grabbing her hand he kissed the palm gently. "Then you must admit, I have the most excellent taste in apparel." She grinned right back at him. "That you do."