Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Chapter- 9

Now we find our four main characters having trouble keeping up their disguises.

Sakura was having a hard time of keeping her temper in, not arguing with Ino everytime they ran into one another, and not punching anyone who bugged her. Plus, the stuttering was getting annoying.

Hinata was having a hard time being more open, arguing with people like Ino, and purposely getting angry over what others said. Plus, keeping herself from stuttering was very tough for her.

Naruto was having trouble not being loud all the time, acting cold towards others, and not spending all night devouring the free ramen. Plus, his outfit wasn't bright enough for him.

Sasuke was having trouble yelling all the time (He was getting a sore throat), acting openly, and trying to seem obsessed with the free ramen. Plus, his outfit was orange. Orange! ORANGE!!

But, the worst thing for each of the four was acting like they weren't obsessed with they're secret crushes. That was very hard.

Sakura kept wanting to tell Sasuke that she loved him and aske him out.

Hinata kept having trouble staying concious around Naruto, not stuttering, and keeping her face at a normal color.

Naruto kept wanting to tell Sakura how much he loved her, and ask her to be his girlfriend.

Sasuke kept having trouble keeping himself from staring at Hinata everytime he saw her.

But, the four weren't completely oblivious of the odd ways of their crushes.

Sakura noticed the slight higher pitch in Sasuke's voice, and how he seemed to be a little nervous around her. She blamed it on her disguise.

Hinata noticed the slight deeper pitch in Naruto's voice, and how he seemed to look at her more often. She blamed it on her disguise.

Naruto noticed Sakura's slightly less openness, and how she was a little nicer to him. He blamed it on his disguise.

Sasuke noticed Hinata's slightly more openness, and how she was a little less nervous to him. He balmed it on his disguise.

Even with these obsersvations, the four each ignored these details, and continued on in the dance in sheer darkness of who their 'dates' actual indentities were.

"Naruto-kun!" Hinata (Sakura) called to her current partner in the contest. "Look! They just put a sign up that says they have an actual money prize if you win."

"Huh? Uh... AWESOME!!" Sasuke (Naruto) yelled. "I-I CAN BUY A DAYS WORTH OF RAMEN WITH HALF OF THAT!!"

"Hee-hee..." Hinata (Sakura) laughed lightly. "You'd really spend it all on ramen?"

'No!' Sasuke thought. 'I'd spend it on something much more important. Like, Hinata.' But, instead replied. "YEAH! BECAUSE, UH, RAMENS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!" 'Hinata's the best person in the world! She beats all!!'

"I guess." Hinata (Sakura) replied, still giggling.

"What would you buy, Sakura-Chan?" Sasuke (Naruto) asked curiously.

"Um..." Hinata (Sakura) mumbled. She hadn't really thought of that. 'What WOULD I buy...?' Suddenly, an image of Sasuke popped into her mind. For some reason, she answered. "I'd buy something nice for Sasuke-kun."

'Huh?" Sasuke (Naruto) thought. 'She still likes me, then... But, I still love Hinata..'

'Why did I say that?! I know I'm acting like Sakura, but, I was planning on saying I'd get something for her mom or something! Oh, now Naruto-Kun's probably sad!!' Hinata (Sakura) thought, mentally scolding herself as she and Sasuke continued handing out pictures. 'I don't even know why I thought about Sasuke-San...'

Meanwhile, with Sakura (Hinata) and Naruto (Sasuke) were busy campaigning as well.

"Say, Hinata-Chan." Naruto (Sasuke) started. "What will you buy, if we win?"

"Hm?" Sakura (Hinata) mumbled, turning around to face him. "I'd get s-something nice f-for Naruto-Kun, I g-guess." She wasn't sure why she said Naruto, but, she told herself it was because of her trying to be Hinata.

"Oh, really?" Naruto (Sasuke) asked, surprised. "That's nice of you." Naruto was touched. Noone ever got him something just like that. He usually was given cheap toys, or ramen coupons and stuff. But, nothing nice.

"What w-would you get, S-Sasuke-Kun?" Sakura (Hinata) asked.

"I'd save it, you know, for something useful." Naruto (Sasuke) replied, trying to make something up that Sasuke would use the money for.

"Like f-food? Or, w-weapons?" Sakura (Hinata) suggested.

"Yeah. Food or weapons. Something like that." Naruto (Sasuke) affirmed.

Suddenly, Kakashi and Anko walked over and started campaigning for themselves. In the area that Naruto (Sasuke) and Sakura (Hinata) were currently doing the same.

Needless to say, they were both livid.

"Hey! We're already campaigning here! Go somewhere else!!" Naruto (Sasuke) yelled angrily.

"You aren't the boss of me, kid!! I'll campaign whereever I want to!!" Anko replied, sticking her tounge out.

In truth, the couple did this on purpose. They were going to try and set Sakura and Naruto up, in order to make them an actual couple.

"What?1 It's just COMMON MANNERS to NOT campaign in SOMEONE ELSE'S AREA!!" Sakura (Hinata) yelled, forgetting completely forgetting about stuttering.

"Woah! Hinata YELLED!! WITHOUT STUTTERING!!!" Naruto yelled, completely forgetting about being quiet, cold, and unemotional.

"Please, Naruto. Do us all a favor and... BE QUIET!!" Kakashi partially yelled.

"I don't see HOW in the WORLD you expect people to actually BELIEVE your STUPID disguise, ESPECIALLY if you keep YELLING, which the REAL SASUKE doesn't DO!!" Anko YELLED loudly. "Besides YELLING can get real ANNOYING real FAST! Anyone who YELLS all the TIME for almost EVERY word they SAY should seriously SHUTUP before they make SOMEONE ELSE go deaf!!!!"

"Oh? Then why don't you, Anko-Sensei, SHUTUP YOURSELF!!!" Sakura (Hinata) yelled in reply.

"How DARE YOU tell ME to SHUTUP, while YOU are YELLING as well!!" Anko replied, still YELLING.

"WHY should HINATA-CHAN have to SHUTUP when YOU told her to while YELLING!!" Naruto (Sasuke) replied angrily.

"Really, Anko... You just said a few moments ago that; 'Besides YELLING can get real ANNOYING real FAST! Anyone who YELLS all the TIME for almost EVERY word they SAY should seriously SHUTUP before they make SOMEONE ELSE go deaf!!!!'" Kakashi explained. "So, you really shouldn't be talking..."

"Oh, jeeze!" Anko started, annoyed. "You're supposed to be my boyfriend, Kakashi!! And you aren't siding with me!"

"Sorry, sorry. I was just saying what I thought, Anko..." Kakashi replied. "Let's try not to fight... again..."

"Yeah, yeah. We won't fight again; at least not until this contest is over." Anko agreed. "I mean, how can people who always argue win a cute couple contest!"

"Well, can you two go find your own area?" Naruto (Sasuke) suggested.

"Hmm... Nah! We'll stay here with you two!" Anko declared.

"Oh, great." Naruto (Sasuke) said sarcastically, as they all began campaigning again.

Oh what a contest it would be!

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey! Thank you so much for all of my wonderful reviews!! I'm so happy!!

But, I'll be happier if I get many, many, more!!

So, please... REVIEW!! REVIEW!! Do not hesitate to REVIEW!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei