Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 12

As soon as his contacts were back in, Sasuke (Naruto) proceeded to dodge any attacks coming his way and to wonder why he joined the stupid 'Couples Fight' in the first place.

'Hmmm... I guess this was pretty stupid...Why'd I come in here, anyway...?' Sasuke thought as he narrowly dodged a kunai from Asuma. 'It must've been my stupid, prideful, male-ninja-fighting-instinct again. It's always getting me into trouble like this...'

Meanwhile, outside of the bubble with Sakura (Hinata), who was now conversing with Jiraiya.

"So, why's everyone fighting?" Jiraiya asked.

"I-I'm n-n-not sure, s-sir." Sakura replied, not in the mood to explain the entire competition to the perverted old man.

'Oh my! Why's she stuttering around me?! Usually she's so confident and strict...' Jiraiya wondered, surprised. "...That's it!! Sakura-Chan here secretly finds me cute, and has a massive crush on me!! Well then, I'll just have to return her feelings!!" He yelled, accidentally voiceing his thoughts.

Needless to say, Sakura was livid at this. 'WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS??! ACCUSING ME OF SOMETHING SO...SO... SO GROSS!!! I'LL KICK HIS BUTT!!! CHA!" Sakura thought furiously before turning to Jiraiya and saying. "If you don't stop making up such idiotic lies, I'll tell Tsunade-Sama what you've proposed. I doubt she'll be very happy about this. Especially considering how you know her feelings, and said you felt the same just last week." Sakura replied to his outburst strictly. 'AUGH!! I SHOULD'VE BEATEN 'IM UP!!'

"Hehheh... y-you wouldn't do that, n-now would you S-Sakura-chan?" Jiraiya asked nervously. What Sakura had said was all true; he did love Tsunade. And she'd be absolutely livid if she heard this' and she trusted her student Sakura, so, she'd know she wasn't lying.

"'Chan'?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I-I mean, San, o-of course." Jiraiya corrected himself.

"'San'?" Sakura asked, raising her other eyebrow.

"I-I meant Sama!! H-honest!!" Jiraiya recorrected himself, quite flustered. He knew that Sakura'd tell her. That's just how she was.

"Good." Sakura replied, lowering her raised eyebrows. "I suppose I'll hold off on telling her; for the time being. Now get me some soda; Orange." "Yes Sakura-Sama!!" Jiraiya replied, before rushing to the drinks' stand.

'He's lucky I'm such a sucker for praise and such, and that I know he really cares about Tsunade-Sama and that was just his perverted self coming out. Cha!' Sakura thought.

Meanwhile, with Hinata, who was now standing by Tsunade.

"Jiraiya...Jiraiya...Ohh..." Tsunade continuously muttered dreamily.

'What's wrong with her? Why's she acting so weird?' Hinata continuously thought as she stared at the hokage. All that came to Hinata's mind when she thought 'Jiraiya' was the image of some old, perverted ninja with wrinkles and really long white hair. She didn't see why that picture would give the hokage such a happy look, and spacey attitude. It just made Hinata feel creepy.

Needless to say, Hinata felt very awkward in her position by the daydreaming hokage.

Luckily, Shizune popped up.

"Ah! Hello, Hinata-San." Shizune greeted. Hinata just sighed and said "Good evening, ma'am." She was already so used to her disguise being figured out so easily.

"Hokage-Sama. Hokage-Sama! Hokage-Sama!! HOKAGE-SAMA!" Shizune yelled, recieving no reply. "Oh... She's been like this all week."

"What's wrong with her?" Hinata (Sakura) pried.

"Her new boyfriend; Jiraiya. She's been spaced out like ths since they startec their relationship a week ago." Shizune replied, sighing.

"I see." Hinata affirmed. 'Jiraiya and Hokage-Sama together... creepy.' She thought.

"...HOKAGE-SAMA!! JIRAIYA'S HERE!!!" Shizune yelled, breaking said woman from her trance.

"Where?!" Tsunade asked.

"I was lying. Sorry." Shizune replied.

"What?! You woke me up to LIE to me??!!" Tsunade yelled, outraged.

"You're the hokage. You've got too much work to daydream all day long like that!" Shizune said in an authorative voice. "You'll see him in the contest soon, anyways. You entered you and him, right?"

"Yup! Because we're such a cute couple." Tsunade affirmed, about to daydream again before Shizune dragged her off, saying, "Then we need to finish checking this dance before the contest starts. Bye Hinata-San!!"

"Bye..." Hinata (Sakura) replied. 'It seems the contests going to actually happen soon... I wonder what will happen...' Hinata thought.

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for reading this!! I know, there was no Naruto (Sasuke) involved. He'll probably be back next chapter. I wrote this quickly, so it's short; sorry!!

But, please review!! Review with all of your might!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei