Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Eye of Eternity ❯ Part 1: ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE EYE OF ETERNITY

Disclaimer: Naruto and Worm concepts and ideas belong to their respective creators.

AN: This was supposed to be incorporated originally into INTERIM but I could not get the two ideas to fit together from the very beginning. They were just not compatible.

Synopsis:

"They say all the power in the universe cannot alter destiny."

"They say fate or destiny has been written and the future itself is set in stone."

"But is that really true?"

"Is fate or destiny truly immutable?"

"That is something we are going to put to the test. So I ask you these three questions."

"Are you ready to change the fate of the world?"

"Yes!"

"Can you succeed where Uchiha Madara failed?"

"YES!"

"Can you stop the destruction of mankind on your world?"

"AND YES!"

"You sound very sure of yourself. Perhaps that is a good thing. A lifetime ago, an itvara gave Madara a warning about what was coming. His mind failed to grasp the true meaning of the man's words, however, and as a result, the Elemental Nations were completely destroyed in a calamity unlike any the world had ever seen. "

"The Elemental Nations? "

"What you people refer to nowadays as Atlantis and Lemuria."

"I give you this warning now. Eden did not come alone. Should you fail this time, not only will the lives on this world be forfeited, countless lives on other worlds will be wiped out as well."

"Then that doesn't leave us much of a choice, does it? WE WILL WIN!"
"Very good! Remember ... whatever happens then ... do not forget Wormwood!"

<>

[A:]

It was a beautiful morning, a day seemingly unremarkable like any other. The air was fresh with birds singing in the air, cows grazing on grass while flowers bloomed in the hills and the meadows. Things were pretty much uneventful for the day but unknown to many, something was about to happen and with it, destiny was about to be unmade.

The skies began to glow with a bright light as a majestic presence began to make itself known.

"Through the terms of thy entreaty, we have come. In accordance to the terms of the Compact, we have rendered our judgement," three voices spoke in unison, their sounds echoing to the surroundings.

They were here. The gods had finally answered his call. The figure of a man in tattered and torn robes sitting below the tree deep in meditation slowly opened his eyes. For three years, he had not looked upon the world. For three years he had not moved from this spot all in preparation for this moment. Now all he had to do was seize it to attain his objective.

His meditation below the tree easily helped him to maintain his composure and growing excitement in the divine presence of the Trimurthi. His hair had grown long and unkempt while the flesh covering his bones had shrunk giving the appearance of a thin, haggard and skinny old man ... in short just skin and bones. But who wouldn't be, after three long years of unending meditation and fasting to receive his rightful reward?

"State thy first boon, He-Who-Keeps-To-The-Terms-Of-The-Compact," one of the divine Trimurthi spoke ... his voice distinct from all the others.

"Let no god, spirit or demon ever prevail against me, mighty divine Lord Brahma, Keeper of the Law and Giver of Life. May they fall before me as surely as the seasons and days that go by," the man answered slowly but confidently.

"Entreat me with thy second boon, son of man," the voice this time was different but no less majestic than the first.

"Let neither Death nor the forces of the Underworld ever lay claim to my soul, Lord Vishnu, Guardian of the Sanctuary. Keep me safe from their clutches for all time!" his voice rang throughout the woods in reply.

"And the third and final boon?"

"Let my eyes surpass both the Rinnegan and the Mokuton in power, ability and potential, Lord Shiva, Hunter and Destroyer of All Things, that I may accomplish feats that not even my father had ever dreamed of and break the cycle of Samsara!"

"Are the three boons to be granted in accordance to thy wishes, son of man, for once granted, they cannot be changed or undone?" the divine Trimurthi asked in unison, their voices filling the surroundings.

"They are as I've stated, Lord Brahma, Creator of All Things that is," the man answered in a melodic tone of voice.

"Very well, the three boons have been stated and given. Death will keep its distance from thee. No god, spirit or demon will ever best thee in mortal combat. Thou, however, can still be bested and slain by those not named in the terms and through death thine eyes will be opened to surpass the Rinnegan and the Mokuton and finally break the cycle of Samsara. SO SHALL IT BE UCHIHA MADARA!"

And the final words the voices had spoken echoed through her mind and soul, waking her up from her sleep.

Sure the dream had been the same like the ones she had been having night after night since the bullying campaign at school started. About this strange man called Uchiha Madara and the gods of Hindu mythology from what she could find out on the WorldNet. Information regarding the gods of Hindu mythology especially the Divine Triad :- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva were readily available in considerable amounts but not information regarding this mysterious man called Uchiha Madara.

The one thing that caught her attention were the similarities of the events in her dream to an old Indian legend, namely the Ramayana where the only difference was the characters involved in which Madara was human whereas Ravana was a Raksasha.

She still remembered when it all began. The dream came to her the first time after mother died. It was not very clear then and she could not hear any sounds. And then it became clearer and clearer in sight and in sound with each passing night.

But it had never happened in the day before. Nor had it ever been this vivid before. Was she finally going insane? Had she finally well and truly snapped? She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she had not even realised that she was trapped in her own locker until some time later.

And that was when she realised the smell in the locker was really bad and there were bugs crawling all over the used tampoons. Not to mention the time the shrieks or cries for help actually began ... with no one to hear her cries for help. She wanted to be out of the locker ... her fists hammering ineffectively against it ... and all of a sudden ... the surroundings changed in a whirlwind of colours and our poor protaganist found herself standing outside of the locker.

The corridor was deserted and silent like the dead. It was all too clear that everyone had gone home. Was that all just a dream then? she wondered. The smell and the bugs still crawling on her clothes, told her otherwise. It was not a dream. But then ... how had she got out of the locker? She had wanted to be out ... and ... she was out. Oh joy! She could be a cape! And a hero! Just to be sure ... she visualised the classroom and wanted to be there ... there was another whirlwind of colours and there she was at the door of the classroom.

Through this experimentation of her newly-found teleportation ability, she also made another discovery ... a strange energy that went through her body in coils. Chakra ... a voice from a memory called it. It could be used for many things such as walking up walls, jumping from the ground to the roof of the building, walking on water, controlling the elements, seals, illusions, clones, shapeshifting ... More memories of places and people she had never seen came to the fore in her mind.

She knew all those places and people even though she had never seen them before. They were special people ... all of them ... with unusual abilities and powers. Jutsus, bloodline limits and seals. Her memories of those people were full of them. All of them would be considered as parahumans or capes by her world's standards, this she knew. And like the people of this world ... there was good ... and there was evil ... Uchiha Madara believed that he was doing the world a favour by getting rid of the Shinobi Age and with it, all its capacity for evil but he was wrong. Evil would always exist in some form with or without Shinobis ... or ... parahumans for that matter.

In the end, Madara had died at the hands of his archenemy, Naruto Uzumaki, the Tailed-Beast Container. Strangely enough ... he had burst out laughing as he lay dying ... his words pouring scorn on Naruto and creeping out his surviving friends and allies completely.

"U ... zu ... ma ... ki ... My ... death ... is ... only ... the ... be ... gin ... ning ... Des ... ti ... ny ... E ... le ... men ... tal ... Na ... tions ... can ... not ... be ... changed ... Eden ... is ... co ... ming ..." he choked on his blood ... and everything turned white.

Now about walking on walls with chakra ... Taylor looked at the wall of the school as she finally came to herself ... She took a deep breath ... it was certainly going to take a leap of faith. But she would not try walking on walls this night. It was not time yet, she reasoned. Taylor moved to pick up her scattered things from the ground and that was when she learned of one thing. She was looking at things clearly without her glasses!

In fact, things looked much clearer and sharper than before. In fact she could see all the minute holes in the ceiling as well as the key hole in the door knob in the door further down the corridor. She could also see past the wall into the locked staff room ... and from there into the Principal's office. The school notices, the teaching memos, the student register with the names on it ... she could see it all ... like she was standing there ... though she had lost sight of where she was now ...

Could she change focus? Yes! She could! She found herself looking in the corridor of the school once again.

Taylor ran down the corridor with her bag. She had one theory to test. Could she actually see anywhere she wanted ... with no limit whatsoever? She looked through the window of the school into the night and made a new discovery. She could actually see all round the school without being there at all. How far did it go? How far could she see? She wondered.

Her vision changed as she moved her gaze to different parts of Brockton Bay ... Like before ... it showed her everything in crystal clear clarity ... even the parts of Brockton Bay that were shrouded in darkness due to damaged lights or the absence of any lighting in the area. Not to mention, a sense of freedom that she had never felt before. She was happily sightseeing through Brockton Bay when she came across a sight that disturbed her.

A blonde woman in her twenties was running as fast she could from four masked men in gang insignia behind her. Taylor could not hear what they were saying to the woman, but it was obvious that the woman was very frightened of them. One of the men quickened his pace and was about to run her down when Taylor wished she could do something to help her.

Anything ...

No! she screamed as she saw a man taking out a syringe from his coat ... chakra entered her palms and the running man was suddenly thrown backwards into his buddies, sending them flying more than ten feet into the air. The woman did not waste time looking behind her to see what had happened.

'Bansho Tennin ... a power of the Rinnegan ...' a male voice spoke.

Taylor turned around instinctively in the direction of the voice ... her eyes combing the entire school but there was no one around her. Her vision was about to go back to the scene of the crime when something else drew her attention. Two vans had pulled up at a house and began to disgorge masked men in full military gear.

One of them cut off the phone line and the power line to the house while the others smashed their way through the doors into the house. Three of them used the front door while two of them each used the back and side doors. They were armed with sniper rifles equipped with silencers. Taylor followed them in with her vision as they headed for the bedrooms. They rammed their way in and aimed their weapons at the couple in bed who were just waking up from the noise.

Taylor had seen enough. Repeating the same trick that she did earlier on with the four gang members, she used Bansho Tennin, pulling the men into the air right into the walls of the house. They struck the wall with terrific force, knocking themselves out almost immediately. Two of their comrades rushed to checked on them while the other two began looking around the house for the alleged assailant.

'Shinra Tensei ... Use it,' urged the same voice she had heard earlier.

Trusting her instincts, Taylor unleashed her chakra and the men flew as though struck by unseen hands. Two of them flew into the front wall while another flew through the glass window, shattering it into pieces to land on the grass outside. Taylor followed the masked man lying on the grass outside to see a man forcefully dragging a teenaged girl out of the house into one of the vans.

'The Mokuton ... Use it now,' the same mysterious voice instructed.

Once again, chakra flooded the area and the grass around it began to grow at a tremendous rate to wrap themselves around the fleeing man with his prisoner. The man took out a knife to cut the grass but more grass grew until he was completely buried in it. The two drivers in the waiting vans did not wait to see what would happen next. They drove their vehicles away into the darkness of the night.

Taylor drew back her vision into the school and pondered her actions once again. Had everything been a dream or did it all really happened? Having seen enough of the nightlife of Brockton Bay, she decided to leave for home ... and for the first time ... with true hope and joy in her eyes.

It was only after she had arrived at the bus stop did she realise her first problem. Since it was already late into the night, bus service was over for the day. Taylor had no other option but to head home on foot. Her home was about three kilometers from the school and she took a deep breath before taking the path that would bring her home.

B: C: D: Interludes: Some [E:] [F:] [G:] [H:]