Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The last blue eyed vampire ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer:
i own not naruto or any other of it's characters but i take claim of any of the unfamiliar characters you might see here.

A/N: Hi! Another chapter on board, i hope you enjoyed the last one and that you will find this chapter even more entertaining.
Thanks to you guys who saw fit to review and thanks to the ones that read and put in alert or favourite but no thanks to those that read but did not review, it won't hurt to give a starving author some reviews, i assure you.


Warnings:there would be a lot of japanese here so be warned and this story is rated T viewers discretion is adviced.


HERE IS THE STORY-

black eyes open to meet and welcome the darkness in the room. Itachi turned on his bed and looked at the clock by his bedside, it was five, few minutes more and he and his father would be heading for the mountains.

He got up from his bed and grab his shirt and pants from the wooden chair by the table, he pulled on his clothes and went about the routine he has been doing up to a while now.

Life was set for him and he didn't have to look too hard to find what he wanted, as the eldest son of the elder one of the uchiha clan it is expected of him to follow certain steps; and that was train, pass the hunter's exam, become a hunter and take over from his father. He never questioned why he had to do it, or why he must take the same path as his ancestries. Just because they were a bunch of murderers means he should be one too??.

After getting dressed itachi retrieved his sword that was lying under his bed. It was sheathe in a black wooden sheath, the handle glinted in the moonlight, it was pure silver.
Taking his sword belt and wrapping it around his waist, itachi perched his sword beside him then went out to get the horses.

To his surprise his father was not outside already like he always was, without a thought on it itachi opened the stable and let out his and his father's horses.
He patted his horse which he named battosai, sweeping his hand through his fur. The horse purred and nuzzle closer to it's owner.

Itachi looked at the still full moon shining it's usuall glory and thought about his life. In all honest itachi had no plans for his future, things were so empty and lifeless that he didn't think it was worth it but thankfull the village tradition had made it's plan for him.

His father, fugaku, was the great elder one and it was expected that itachi take over. Ever since he was very little his father started to prep him for the future. Without much knowledge to what he was being preped for itachi took his training very seriously and graduated top in his class, he surpassed all his senior and was soon recognized as a genius. If not for what happened a year ago he would have still been oblivious to what his people were. The uchiha clan was a clan of hunters, armed with weapons meant not for animals but for vampires.

This knowledge had not really been clear to the raven until he saw his father kill a vampire and her younglings.
He could still remember the look he their eyes as they were murdered.

"ah itachi" fugaku broke him from his thought.

"ohayo otou-sama" the raven greeted. His father was already dressed for training and mounted his horse.

"lets get to the mountain while the sun is yet to awake." fugaku said and started to lead his horse away to the gate of the compound.

Itachi admired his father and believed in his beliefs but lately he has been having second thoughts on what it truelly is to be a vampire hunter. What were they doing going off into enemy territory to attack them, why did they have to seek these monsters out to kill them. It just didn't sit right with him anymore, despite how much he wanted to just forget about his doubt and be like everyone else he couldn't. He needed another reason to be a vampire hunter other than just to kill vampires.

"itachi" his mother's voice came from the dark house before she finally became visible through the light of the moon.

"okaa-sama" itachi greeted, he wondered why his mother was up so early. She was usually sleeping till very late in the day due to her illness. She had been suffering from a very strong cough that won't go away no matter what she took and for a while she looked wary at itachi.

"today again eh" her voice sounded like a whisper but itachi was already use to it and morning was still very quiet so he heard her.

"hai" he responded, he knew what she meant. Ever since he graduated the academy earlier than normal for his age his father has been taking him up to the mountain for special training and for some reason this worried the elder woman.

"mataku, " she sighed "must you two go to the mountain every morning? You are not the only hunters in the village you know. Even uchihas need their breaks" the older woman complained.

Itachi did not know a hunter that ever takes a break from training, there in konoha it was training and training and uchihas tend to do things double since they were the elite vampire hunting clan in all five nations of japan.
Itachi did not want to worry his mother but he couldn't tell her what she wanted to hear.

"okaa-sama, you know otou-sama will not agree to such things, he is the elder one of the clan and is expected to set examples to the people." itachi chastened.

Mikoto huffed
"you sound just like him, but you should know that there are more important things than seeking out vampires and monsters alike. do not listern to everything your father has to say because one day you will have to set your own beliefs and principals" she adviced sharply despite how weak her voice was it still had that steel she used in scolding the raven when he was younger.

Itachi had to wonder though, if there was anything more important than hunting to a vampire hunter, from what he has been taught by both his father and teachers; hunting was everything, completing a job was ones sole attention, letting a vampire escape was out of the question.

"here," his mother was saying while she handed him a basket of food.
"make sure he eats it, he doesn't know he is not getting any younger and that going off to play soldier will only tire him more at this age."

those words felt like insults, his father was still strong, he was still a very great man who has killed a lot of vampires in his time to protect the village. He was a warrior and it took a lot of training and pain to get to were he was.

"okaa-sama!" itachi said sternly but the older woman just looked exasperatedly at him.
"otou-sama is doing his duty as the elder one to protect the village."

mikoto scoffed
"from what exactly, we all know that the uchiha clan has already sent vampires into extintion. Just because the uchiha clan is from a generation of hunters does not mean everyone must be hunters. I was hoping you and your otouto would make your own choices not get pulled into your father's business."

itachi did not know what to say about that, this was not exactly the first time his mother had complained about this with both him and his father. Everyone seems to have some sort of hopes for him though, his father had high hopes that he would take over as elder one- one day and his mother wanted him to live a different live than that while every other person in the village expected him to best his father which he was close to doing after the intensive training he has been having for months now. The only person that didn't have hopes or plans for his life was himself, what was he suppose to do with his life other than hunt, it was all he knew how to do anyway.

"itachi," fugaku's hoarse voice intruded on the ravens thoughts.
"what are you and your mother talking about that can't wait till we get back from the mountain" he asked, the older raven was still on his horse keeping a rein on the movement of the black mane.

With a nod at his mother to her request itachi turned from her and faced his father.
"nothing" he said
and mounted his horse and they left.

LINE BREAK!


(( don't forget to look at the glossary if you find something you don't know. Read on reader!))

tracking a vampire and keeping trail of it while hiding was one of the hardest part of the training they give in the hunters academy, it was also the toughest part when sparing with uchiha fugaku. Itachi would know, he has been trying to get his father off guard for almost a week now and he still unable to.

Itachi perched on a tree branch and watched his father walk down the path of the busy mountain road, his hand was on his sword, ready to release it from the sheath at the slightest movement.

The older raven was wise and calculative, his eyes were sharp and he knew the ins and outs of the mountain forest.
Itachi was really at a disadvantage because his father was not only all that, he was also fast and agile. There was only one way to catch the man off guard and that was to make illusions for distraction.


Itachi made a seal with his hand and muttered
"nanatsunoumi no kurón"
thick fog started to settle around the place. Pulling out his sword itachi dashed into the fog.

He watched his father's eyes moved from clone to clone that stood before him, they were mirrors of the older man himself. The man did not even look nervous or even a tad bit disturbed, he just placed two fingers in front of him and muttered
"kage no ana " dark shadows like vortex attacked the clones and destroyed them, then they began to eat at itachi's fog until it was no longer white but pitch black.

Itachi could no longer see his father but he did not panic. He felt more than see his father approach him from but did not move. The elder one pulled out his sword and muttered
"Dia roku kage no ken kai!"
a circle of shadow formed in place of the sword and attacked itachi but he quickly made a clone take his place and went under ground he could only hope his father did not notice.

whilest under ground itachi pulled out his sword, the metal shone bright in the dark, itachi admired his sword, he went through a very difficult test to get the sword which was said to choose it's wielder, it was called the sword of the seven seas and has not been in use for quite a while since it rejected most of the people that tried to wield it.
Itachi set his trapped and hopped his father would fall into it.


When itachi came to the spot he knew was under his father he muttered "sebunshizu no ken ga kai!"
and many white wave of ice came out of the ground and breached through his fathers shadow and just grazed the man before he back flipped out of the way.

Itachi found pleasure knowing that he has finally conquered his fathers un-beatable shadow barrier but he did not stop there creating more clones through the use of the ice itachi attacked his father non-stop until he was able to relive his father from his sword but, the old man would not go down easily he shouted
" kage no kawa" and a large mass of shadow destroyed itachi's clones and send itachi sprawling to the ground, but before he could hit the ground he replaced himself with another clone using his fathers shadow to slip away.

Fugaku picked his sword and walked closer to his son after dispelling his technique,
"you did well son, youare almost there just a little more training " he was saying but the clone was not responding, as soon as he realized what was wrong itachi dispelled the last technique he had left buried in the ground
"umi no hashira! " he muttered from a top a tree.
and the older raven found himself trapped in a pillar of ice, just when he was about to do something about it itachi came down and waved his sword at the ice, a crack narrowed down on it and horror dawned on fugaku's face.

"i yield" he said dropping his sword.
Itachi smirked and muttered "ririsu" the ice melted and turned into his sword which later merged into the one in his hand.

Finally, itachi could not help but think, after four months of training he finally took down his father and it wasn't even that hard.

"what! Only forty minutes!" the older raven yelled out of character staring at the clock in his hands.

"what is it otou-sama" itachi asked with a glazed expression on his face.

The older raven coughed and kept the clock behind him.
"it's nothing, we had only been sparing for forty minutes it's all. You really did well itachi, im proud to call you my son"

itachi nodded, he always knew his father was proud of him but now he knew what had upset the elder one, so it only took forty minutes to defeat his father eh, well it was worth it considering all the other time when he couldn't even surprise his father till the end of the day.
"arigato otou-sama, it is your brilliant and skilful training that has aid my progress" he said, giving honor to whom it was due.

" well you can go home early today" fugaku suggested.

Itachi nodded then he noticed the basket my the side of his things lying against a tree.
"otou-sama," he called. His mother was the one who asked him to give it to his father anyway besides, a little lunch with his father won't hurt. They bearly get to spend time together aside of training.
"okaa-sama gave us some food"

fugaku made a disgruntled noise in his throat
"that woman, she worries too much for her own good" he said.

Itachi smiled a little and watched his father seat down and rested his head against the tree. Itachi knelt down and started to unpack the baskets ingredients.

Soon they were seated and enjoying some sandwich.
It would be good to have a day without the idea of vampire and hunting lucking around.

"itachi the hunters exam is coming up in two days and i think you are ready for it." fugaku interrupted the peace and quiet.
Of course the great elder one can not shut up about vampires and hunters for a single minute in his life.

Itachi was not truelly surprise about that little revelation, in fact he has been expecting it for quite a while and now tried to act surprise.
"but im not eighteen yet" itachi said, he desperately failed in feigning surprise.

"i know that but you are ready, even more ready than those other participant"

he was ready, yes, that's what he would like to think but he kept hearing the cries of that vampire woman that was murdered in front of him, he could still see her eyes. How could he hurt people, even they weren't exactly people, who hadn't done anything wrong, just because they exist. It was wrong. But what could he do about it, for vampires to exist they need blood and humans can not just seat back and allow the monsters feed on them, there has to be a way to do it without sending one race into extintion Or the other into slavery.

Itachi got up, despite the doubt that still clung to his heart, and said
" hai! It's a great honor to be accepted into the hunters exam!" he bowed politely.

LiNE BREAK!

In two days time the hunters exam will begin. Other participants were coming back from their training trips to see their family and spend time with they before they disappeared again.

Itachi sat under a tree on top of a hill that looked over the entire village. He could see the hokage momentum from there. It was no longer as sacred as it used to be because a long time a ago the entire village was flushed up by something that no one ever speaks about.

Itachi enjoyed the breeze that always blew constantly over that particular tree, it helped his mind to concentrate and forget those hunting red eyes, the dead look in them as they burn to ashes.

Konoha was home and it was the job of both ninjas and hunters to keep it safe. That was one reason to kill vampires, but what about the vampires haven't done anything to threaten the peace of the village like the hunters have threatened their packs.

"tachi-chan! tachi-chan!" a voice called from a distance. Itachi's eyebrow twitched at the annoying nick-name. There is only one moron that calls him that.

"orewa tachi-chan!"

itachi did not even open his eyes as the foot came in a kick, he easily caught the leg and pushed his attacker away.

"damn it. Why can't i ever catch you off guard" the moron said pouting like a spoilt brat.

Itachi opened his eyes a smirked at the shorter raven
"because im never off guard baka" he said mockingly.
The idiot in front of him was a...well an idiot called takahiro who calls himself the arch rival of itachi.
"you never tire of this do you hiro-kun, no matter how many times i beat you." itachi asked

"that's because you refuse to fight me in a proper duel, even back at the academy." hiro complained waving his hands about like he always did. Hiro was a sixteen years old boy with long black hair that usually in a very unkept state. He had the uchiha black eyes and pale skin. He was noisy, obnoxious and was very rough not to mention totally graceless both in battle and in everything else. The two ravens went to school together but itachi graduated first while hiro is still planning on taking all the other test. No matter where itachi went the idiot always found him, he could never escape from his so called rival.

With a sigh itachi got up with the intention of slipping away before the moron could notice.
"i have never wanted to fight you hiro-kun"

"why" hiro asked stubornly.

Itachi looked back at him knowing what he was about to say will stir up trouble from the shorter raven but was the truth.
"because you were never a match for me" he said it.

Hiro's face burned with anger and he clenched his fist in a failing attempt to cool his anger,
"why you bastard! Take that back right now or im gonna make you eat it!" he shouted.

He rushed head in after itachi and got a smack after smack while he tried to land a punch on the raven's pale face.
"ite!
Ite!
ite!"

itachi took a vine from the ground and tied the brat to the tree.

"now be a good boy and sit quietly hiro-kun." he said with a smile.
Hiro glared daggers at him but the raven ignored it.

"you know hiro-kun by this time thursday i will be going for the hanta shiken"

"ah! Nani! You re not even eighteen yet." hiro whined

"yes but i have been chosen by the elder one. Ne hiro-kun"

"hai"

"i know you re an idiot but answer this question"
hiro looked like he was about to retort with something silly but itachi went on before he could
"what would you do to protect the village" he asked. The question didn't have any form of insight to his thoughts but he just wanted to see from another person's point of view on protecting the vilage, even if that person was the greatest idiot of time.

"anything" hiro responded without hesitation.

"anything? Even sacrifice you life and those of the innocents" itachi asked

"hai" and yet again hiro responded without even a pause it irked him.

"why" itachi didn't even know what caused him to ask that question. He could see himself sacrificing his life for his parents, for his brother but not that of others unless they were the threat themselves. He couldn't throw away one life to protect others, but he must right? Killing a vampire was more important than anything and it is allowed to sacrifice one person to save thousands.

"are sure im the idiot here tachi-chan, of course i would kill to protect the village and it's not because i have to it's because i must. Konoha is home because it's where tachi-chan and onii-chan lives so i will protect it, i don't care who i have to sacrifice to do it so long tachi-chan is safe." hiro stated

itachi was a bit surprise by that but it quickly wore off, the brat did not know what he was saying, he concluded.

"that's very touching but i don't need you to protect me"

suddenly hiro jumped up from the tree and on top of itachi muttering one nonsensical jitsu but it still managed to catch itachi off guard.

Hiro laughed on top of itachi
"ah i finally caught you of guard, now to do that thing i promised to do last time"
he bent down close to itachi's face
"kissu!" his lips came down on itachi but before the could reach itachi began to mutter
"sebunshízu no ken ga kai"

a blinding light flung hiro off him and itachi quickly got back to his feet hoping the power of his sword did not hurt hiro. The light cleared out to reveal hiro standing in the middle of many circles of fire, they circled harmlessly around his body.

"ah ha tachi-chan, lets have a real duel the winner gets a kiss. Kasai wip ike!" hiro shouted and the circle of fire turned into a wip of fire and started after itachi.

"mataku" itachi sighed" ririsu" itachi said and his sword returned back to its normal shape.

"what are you doing tachi-chan. Don't run away fight me!"

itachi dodged the wip and watched it make a bee line for him again. He had to admit, for an idiot, hiro could handle that wip nicely. according to what he read about all the anti-vampire swords that the wip like sword was really hard to control, it took a lot of concentration to do it and concentrating was not something hiro was good at but still he managed it nicely and was still doing fine, he was smiling even.
Though itachi liked seeing his friend,- yes he had begin to think of the annoying pest as a friend-,he needed to end this now.

Itachi doubled his speed and disappeared only to appear in front of hiro. He popped the shorter raven on the cheek slightly.
Hiro sighed.
" i lost, again" he said, then started to bring his puckered lips towards itachi
"kissu"

"i think i will pass " itachi said and left.

LINE BREAK!

A day to the exam itachi came to the stables to mock out the horses.
He opened the stall and patted battosai before leading him out of the stall. He did the same to the other horses before cleaning the stalls and feeding the horses to some fresh dry grass.

He started to groom battosai for tomorrows exam when his brother rushed into the stable.

"aniki come train with me" sasuke said.

Itachi looked back at his younger brother who was a carbon copy of himself
"sorry sasuke but im very busy"

itachi used to teach his brother many things but later he found out it upsets their mother that two of sons were going to be hunters, constantly in danger. Unlike itachi sasuke had no problem in becoming a hunter in fact he could not wait. Due to their mother insistance sasuke was sent to city school to be like normal day to day student but sasuke did not want any of it, he belives it's his dream to become the elder one and was always challenging itachi.

"what are you doing" sasuke asked almost curiously
"im mocking out the horses"

"but you can do that later can't you"

"otou-sama and i use these horses everyday i can't afored to leave them like this besides, don't you have to read for your exam, i thought it was coming up this week "

"i don't want to read for some stupid exam!" almost shouted looking angrily at his older brother
"what's the point anyway, otou-san said he was going to put me in the hanta's academy this year."

itachi blinked, he didn't know that, he tried to let his surprise show and just continue sweeping the comb down the horse's back.

"soka, then you don't need me to train with you, you will be in school pretty soon and you can learn from there."

"what? Why are you being so mean" sasuke shouted forgetting the uchiha's rule not to show emotions
"didn't otou-san teach you when you were my age, if i remember correctly you were nine years old then, so why won't you teach me" sasuke demanded.

"maybe later ne sasuke" itachi replied softly.

Sasuke turned away with a huff
"you are so mean" he muttered.

"sasuke" itachi called and motioned for his otouto to come closer then he flicked the younger raven on the forehead with a finger.

"itai. that hurts aniki" sasuke said as he watched itachi leave.

Line break!

At sun set the following day different people from all clans of konoha gathered together by the gate of konoha. The fifth hokage which was a woman was behind fugaku the great elder one of they uchiha clan as the looked down at the many participant for the hanta exam.

Itachi did not bother with the fact that he was the youngest among all of them or that some kept giving him glances either to mock him or size him up or even ogle him. He was too focused on the three leaders standing on the great fence of konoha.

The noise was begining to annoy the great elder one so he did what he did best.
"shut up all you scum!" he shouted.
His voice louder than any speaker could make.

The crowd became hushed and the great elder one started to speak.

"For many generations our ancestors having been hunting these gruesome creatures that bring harm to us, they are a threat to us so they can not be left alone.
It is kill or be killed!"

"now it may seem that vampires are extint but the fact is they are still out there waiting to strike. So be prepared, be vigilant. Remember your training and the rules."

"this maybe an exam but you will be facing real life vampires, they are strong, they are quick but do not cower in fear. Stand and fight to the very end and your name will be remembered in history as a true warrior of konoha."

"be brave, be strong , be wise and send the vampires to the pit where they belong!"

people started shouting their agreement, the uproar took a while to die down before fugaku continued.

"do not run away for if you do you will be relieved of your title as an uchiha and killed on the spot.
Uchihas are not cowards, we are warriors!"

more shouting came again and people started pushing about, itachi slipped out of the crowd to avoid being crushed.

"we leave by night fall" fugaku finished ignoring the shouts.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: So it begins! Oo itachi did not meet naruto in this chapter but hopefully the next.
Naruto the blue eyed vampire king says Gracias



The last Blue eyed vampire Glossary-

sebunshizu no ken ga kai! - sword of the seven seas awake!

Dia roku kage no ken kai!- sword of the sixth shadow awake!

Umi no hashira- pillar of the seven seas

kage no ana- holes of shadow

kage no kawa- river of shadow!

kasai wip ike- fire wip go!

Ririsu- release!
Hanta shiken- hunters exam

otou-sama- father
okaa-sama- mother
otouto- younger brother/ little brother

did i miss anyone...