Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 16

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of the Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Kishimoto does.

Chapter- 16

'Thoughts'
"Speaking"
(Inner Voice of Hinata)
--Inner voice of Sasuke--

"----" is to signify scenes changing.

Sasuke looked up at the far off stars hanging in the sky. He was just so lost. He didn't know what he felt right then. Why he felt the same way about two completely different people.

"If only... things weren't so complicated." Sasuke whispered out.

"Complicated." Hinata repeated, staring at his darkened over face. "Things are getting complicated these days..."

Sasuke didn't look back at her, but he did raise an eyebrow. He wondered what was troubling her, and why she was calling everything complicated like him. It's not like she had to choose between two people she had come to love, right?

'I guess everyone has their own problems.' Sasuke thought to himself.

----

"My house is over there! Where are you going, Kiba?!" Naruto Uzumaki yelled, while pointing his finger down a street the moving vehicle he was sitting in just passed. "Ah, you missed a turn again, Kiba! You're never gonna get me home!"

Kiba turned from facing the road momentarily, and shot the blond an angry look. " Stop complaining! I'm wasting my car's gas driving you home, so you should be thankful you aren't walking all the way!"

Naruto sat back in the passenger seat and sighed. "But it's taking you forever to get it right..."

"I'll get you to your house moron, so quit whining and be quiet." Kiba looked back to the road just in time, as he was headed straight towards the park. "Aw, crud!" Kiba shouted, quickly turning the steering wheel, changing the cars direction just in time with a very loud squeal of the tires. The headlights flashed into the park for a moment, and both Naruto and Kiba could've sworn they each saw two rather familiar figures inside.

'It couldn't have been either-- both are too smart to be hanging out in the park at this time..' Kiba thought. Naruto figured the same thing, and forgot it as well. "Gee, Kiba, way to almost get me killed!" Naruto shouted, sitting up in his seat still from fear of death. Kiba glared at Naruto from the corner of his eye and replied, "Oh, shut up and sit back down Uzumaki!"

Naruto complied and sat back down, but had a pouty look on his face. He sat in silence for a few minutes, before thinking of something to say. "Hey, Kiba! What happened in detention today?"

"What do you mean?" Kiba asked, getting suspicious.

"You know. With Temari." Naruto said, in a teasing voice. "I saw you both in Ichiraku's, remember? When I was picking up my own meal."

"Of course, I remember idiot. That's why I'm taking you home now." Kiba replied. "And yeah, me and Temari went out to eat. Who cares?"

"You mean, you and Temari went out on a date." Naruto 'corrected' his friend.

Kiba had a slight blush on his cheeks, but turned his face away from the blond to hide it. "Stupid! Me and Temari just got something to eat! We're friends."

"I think you're more than friends, Kib--" Naruto was interupted by Kiba himself who suddenly exclaimed, "What about you and Sakura, huh?! You went to her house to study, right? Anything happen between you two?!"

"She was just helping me out with my math, Kiba. And Lee was there too, so nothing happened at all." Naruto defended himself.

"Whatever, Naruto." Kiba said.
----

Gaara slammed his household’s phone down into its receiver angrily. 'Where is she?! Why isn't she answering her cell-phone?!'

He had been trying to call Hinata fro some time now, as she was his best friend and he wanted to tell her what had happened with him and Ino. But she was failing to answer his calls. 'She's gone right when something happened!'

Temari came into their homes living room suddenly, with an annoyed look on her face. "Gaara quit slamming the phone! It'll break!"

Gaara glared at her but replied with a rough, "Fine." anyways.

"Thank you." Temari replied. "What's wrong anyways? You never use the phone, unless Hinata called you. Who on Earth are you trying to call?"

"Hinata, but she's not answering." Gaara explained.

"Well, whatever you have to tell her you can tell her tomorrow then, because she's probably asleep!" Temari left the room then, headed to get some sleep herself.

"I'll just have to wait for tomorrow, I guess." As Gaara walked back to his room, he remembered what had happened after they'd kissed.

Flashback

After they ended their short kiss, both stood staring at each other dumbfounded.

"Me?" Ino said quietly, shocked.

"You." Gaara answered quietly, shocked at his own actions.

"Then are we... Together?" Ino asked.

"If you want." Gaara said.

"Okay." Ino nodded her head, "Then we are."

"Right. We are." Gaara repeated, also nodding his head.

Ino looked at a clock near by and exclaimed, "I have to get home now, Gaara. My mom said I needed to be home to help her out tonight babysitting. See you tomorrow!"

Ino waved goodbye and left the scene and Gaara both. Gaara smiled slightly, turned around, and headed home.

END Flashback
----

Temari laid down on her bed and closed her eyes, seeking out rest. But the thought of Kiba and their 'date' kept coming back to her. 'Naruto completely interrupted it before much could happen, other than us ordering our food. But it still counts as a date, right...?'

----

Suddenly, the bright light of a car driving by shined into the park for a moment, in which neither of the two were covered in darkness. Sasuke turned and stared at the girl with him, only to find the shine of blue hair to be all he could see for that short moment. Hinata herself looked at Sasuke from the corner of her eye, so curious as to who he really was. All she saw was spiky black hair.

'Like Hinata!' Sasuke thought. 'Her hair is blue like Hinata's.'

'Sasuke's hair is also spiky and dark.' Hinata thought.

TO BE CONTINUED

Short, I know. But I tried. I was going to update last Friday, but was unable due to me going on vacation for a few days. Sorry it took so long, everyone. Thanks for all of the support and ideas (I used the one involving the car and the lights, as the one who gave that idea can see-- And I might use the other ideas given by other people in the future for this fic). ^_^ I do plan on catching up with the other characters/couples not mentioned in this chapter, just give me some time. This chapter may not have been the best, but I tried to get the fic back up again at least. Please, review.

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei