Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Musings ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 16

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Sakura perked up from her half-awake sleep as a bright white light appeared in the dank cave. The light died down and Sasuke, Naruto, Naoru, and a woman were standing there. The woman rushed over to Kit and lifted her head up.

"Oh, Kit! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." came her choked reply.

A drop of blood ran down the corner of her mouth. Sakura coughed. "Who are you?"

The woman sighed. "I'm Haru."

Sakura gasped. "Haru? Takani Haru? The one who - "

"Yes. I don't want to talk about it here though. We have to get Kit back."

"I'll help." Naruto volunteered.

"Me too." Sasuke offered.

The two boys hoisted Kit's arms over their shoulders. Kit just stared down, not moving at all. Her wings hung behind her like a limp strand of hair. They started to walk out of the cave when Haru stopped them. "Wait." She cupped her hands together and a ball of blue light appeared. "This way is faster."

*****

Kit found herself in a room. It was small, and there were three doors. The room they were in had a couch and three chairs. She frowned. "Where are we?"

"This is a house I made." Haru replied. "We will be staying here tonight."

"Tonight?" Sakura echoed. "But it's - " She looked out the window of the small hut, and found that the sky was lit up with oranges, reds, and yellows. "Oh."

Naruto laughed. "I'm tired."

"I'm going to bed." Kit said, yawning, and stumbled through a random door, luckily it was a bedroom with three beds. "Night."

"Night." Sakura echoed.

The five people remaining sat down in the chair and on the couch. Sasuke sat on the couch, Naoru plopped down beside him, Naruto sat in a chair beside Sakura, and Haru sat in a chair beside Naoru.

Silence.

The room was silent, the noise ringing in their ears. Sasuke rested his chin on his folded hands, and Naoru shifted in her seat, but still no noise echoed throughout the small room. They were all thinking the same thing. Why did Kit's wings bleed?

"Why did Kit's wings bleed?" Sakura was the first to ask, although she knew everyone was thinking the same thing.

"I'm not sure, but Kit's wings are a part of her, just as your hand is a part of her arm. That's probably why." Naoru spoke up in her shy voice.

"That is most definitely the cause." Haru replied.

The room was silent once again. Then Sasuke spoke. "She loves him."

It was more of a question than a statement, but no one answered. Sakura bowed her head. "I'm sorry, Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke looked up at her. "Why?"

"Because if I had protected Kit, this wouldn't have happened." Sakura said, and raised her head. Green eyes met vengeful onyx.

"Don't blame yourself, Sakura-chan." Naruto said.

Sakura broke the gaze between her and Sasuke. "And why not?" her voice was harsh, but there was a certain tiredness behind it, a feeling that wouldn't be erased.

"Kit likes Itachi out of her own free will. You couldn't stop that." Naoru spoke up.

Sakura smiled and stood up wordlessly. She walked into the room that Kit had and then there was once again silence. Haru stood up. "I'm going to bed."

"Me too." Naruto said.

Soon Naoru and Sasuke were alone. "Why are you mad about Kit loving Itachi?" Naoru asked.

"I hate him." Sasuke replied, nearly cutting her off.

Naoru was taken aback. "Why?"

"He killed my whole clan. He's a murderer. But - " Sasuke stopped and put his head in his hands, and sighed. His voice was quieter. "He left me to be alone."

"So you're out for revenge?" Naoru asked.

Sasuke looked up and smiled bitterly. "…"

"Tell me then. What do you plan to do after you kill Itachi?" Naoru asked.

Sasuke stopped. He did know what he was going to do. However, he didn't really feel like sharing it. It wasn't a pleasant subject. "I - I don't know."

Naoru smiled. "You're going to kill yourself."

Sasuke's eyes widened. "…"

"It's written all over your face."

"…"

"You know if you kill yourself, you'll be alone again, right?"

"…"

Naoru stood. "I'm going to sleep."

Sasuke stared after her and sighed. He hadn't thought about that, actually. He smiled softly and leaned his head back. She was nice. What was her name again? Naoru. That's right. She didn't crowd him like his hoards of rabid fangirls did, and even though he had never met her before, he was drawn to her like a moth to a flame. If he wasn't going to kill Itachi, he could love. Because the only reason he didn't love in the first place was because he believed love made him weak. So he could fall it love.

Right?

*****

Kit opened her eyes. It was still dark out, but she felt wide-awake. Getting up and walking into the front room, she checked her bandage. It was clean. Frowning, she pried it off and found only a long scar along her stomach. She shrugged and threw it in the small garbage bin. Quietly slipping her sandals on, she knew what she had to do. She would find Itachi.

She would find him.

And get to the bottom of this thing. Kit sighed. `I love him, but I'm not sure about him loving me. Maybe I can just help him. Like, be his.. his..' She couldn't find a word for it. `Helper. Yeah. His helper. That works.' Kit smiled, and slipped out the paper door, and ran off in the direction the Akatsuki Headquarters were.

***************

AN: Erm.. Please review! ^__^ I have nothing to say.