Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ West Side Konoha ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
West Side Konoha

This is a Naruto-style West Side Story. The Hyuuga's amd the Uchiha's are the two clans that are fighting.

Pairing: Sasuke and Hinata

Disclaimer: I do not own West Side Story or Naruto.



It was a bright, and quite enjoyable day all throughtout Konoha, but, unfortunately, those who lived on the west side could not enjoy this wonderful day to its fullest, because, as always, the Uchiha's and the Hyuuga's were fighting.

" Why don't you weak losers just admit the Hyuuga's are better and LEAVE!" Cried what most would guess to be this particular gang of Hyuugas leader, Neji Hyuuga.

" Ha! You should be the ones leaving. You're all so weak and take up way too much space. It's hard to believe people so cocky could be so weak." Itachi Uchiha said calmly with smirk.

After a few moments of this arguement they were about to pull out their kunai's when Iruka came and stopped them.

"Would you all stop this stupid argueing?! You're giving people headaches and making them not like either of your clans!" Iruka complained as he chased them all away.


"We have to show those Hyuuga that we're the better clan around here. But, how should we do so?" Uttered Itachi as he and his gang of Uchiha stood around their favorite place on the entire Uchiha compound.

"We could challenge them. To a rumble, that is." Suggested one of the many people standing about Itachi.

"Hm. That is a good idea, but, how do we get the challenge to them? Hmm... Ah, we could go to tomorrow nights chuunin exam party and tell them." Itachi said.

"But, how do we know Neji'll be there? e's already a jounin like you boss. Not to mention, we have no way of getting in ourselves." Said another member of the gang.

"I know Neji will be there because he has a younger cousin who's now a chuunin. I've heard he's pretty protective of her, so, I'm sure he'll be there. And, getting in for me will be easy. I happen to have a younger a brother who is now a chuunin. Sasuke, that is. We'll get in with him." Itachi explained.


"Oh, Ten-ten! Why couldn't you've made my new jacket tan, like all of my other ones have been?" Hinata asked the said girl as she looked at the light blue jacket she held in her arms, worried about what others would say about the new color.

"No, I couldn't. Hinata, it's about time you changed something about your outfit, and, I decided that a color change was as good as any other change." Ten-ten said, with an underlying tone of finality.

"B-but..." Hinata trailed off after seeing Ten-tens look.

"Well, at least try it on!" Ten-ten told Hinata.

"O-okay..." Hinata then put her new jacket on, and looked at herself in the mirror. Though she'd never say it out loud, she felt that the new color looked pretty good on her. In fact, she liked it.

"Th-thank you, Ten-ten..." Hinata said, turning to her friend.


AT THE DANCE


'Man.. If it wan't for my older brother, I wouldn't have come at all! This is so boring, not to mention, annoying.' Sasuke thought, all the while, glancing at Sakura and Ino as they pointed at him and giggled. 'I can't believe this...' Sasuke trailed off in the middle of his thoughts when he ran into someone he'd never met before, thus causing them, or her, to fall.

"Oh, sorry." Sasuke said as he helped her up, thus coming face to face with a very pretty girl who had pretty, long dark blue hair, pale skin, and one of her most attention grabbing features, white eyes. She was a Hyuuga. Sasuke found himself a bit dissapointed at that fact.

"I-it's okay. I-I wasn't p-paying attention my-myself." She said to Sasuke with a small smile.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke, said, not knowing what else to say.

"M-my name is Hinata Hyuuga." The girl said pleasantly."It's n-nice to meet y-you."

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too..." Sasuke said, looking right into her eyes.

"Hinata! Why are you talking to an Uchiha?! Get away from him!" A voice said from Hinatas side.

"Neji, I-it's okay... I-I'm f-fine." She said turing towards the voice.

"Just get away from him!" The voice said.

"Y-yes Neji, bye S-Sasuke." She said as she scurried towards the voice.

'That was weird' Sasuke thought as he walked off.

"We're leaving, Hinata." Neji said as he stood up from his seat. " We got and unexpected invitation to dinner."

"Oh o-okay." Hinata said as she followed he and Ten-ten from the party.

" Hey, I'm going to Ichiraku's so stay home and don't go anywhere." Neji told Ten-ten and Hinata when they reached the Hyuuga compound.

"G-good night." Hinata said as she bowed to hime and went to her bedroom, Ten-ten in tow.


AT ICHIRAKU'S

"So, you'rer challenging me to a free-hand rumble." Neji stated to Itachi from across a table.

"That's right. in a few days we'll all meet in the alley by the abandoned gas station." Itachi said to Neji with a smirk.

"Fine. I accept. Get ready to get you're butt kicked, Itachi." Neji said as he and his gang all stood up from their seats to leave.

"All right then, I'll see you in a few days, Neji." Itachi bid Neji.


"So, Sasuke, will you come? My gang and I decided we wanted you to fight Neji." Itachi told his younger brother.

"Why?"

"Because. You're younger than him, and, if you beat him, can't you imagine the shame it would bring to him?" Itachi asked his brother.

"Well, I guess I could go and fight him. When and where?" Sasuke replied, giving in all too easily.

"At the abandoned gas station in a few days. It's no weapons." Itachi gave him all of the information.

"Okay. I'll be there."

"Good." Itachi said as he got up and left the room and Sasuke alone in it.

'I could at leas try and tell him no sometimes.' Sasuke mused in his head, as his thoughts turned, once again, to the girl he met at the dance.' Hinata, huh? She was really pretty and nice... I wonder if she's always like that?' He thought as he fell asleep.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

SO, DID YOU LIKE THIS, HATE THIS? PLEASE REVIEW! FLAMES ARE WELCOMED! PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT IS AND HOW I CAN FIX IT!
SEEYA,
-AlwaysHiei