Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Caring For Tenten ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Story Twenty-Two: Caring for Tenten



In the streets of Konoha, the rain poured down hard and beat upon the homes of residents.

Tenten sat soaking wet on a bench by a river, watching the water splash violently.

She was crying, but you couldn't tell because of the rain that constantly ran down her cheeks. 'All he thinks about is training!' she tightened her fists. 'Neji can't even stop once to do something nice for his girlfriend. I don't even know why I bothered becoming his girlfriend!!'

.:Flashback:.

"Hey, Neji-kun! Want to relax at my house and watch a movie together?" Tenten asked, grabbing onto Neji's arm and lightly tugging.

He easily slipped out of her grasp and got back into his training stance.

"Tenten, you know that I don't have to for relaxing right now." he replied back.

Tenten was shocked.

"So what are you getting at?" she said back angrily.

He looked up at her.

"I guess you'd rather be training and getting all sweaty that with me?" She placed her hands on her hips, the way she would when she was mad. "Maybe I should just consider going out with the many other boys that want to take me out. Maybe Sasuke would consider..."

"I'm still not leaving."

"I can't believe you. Your such a jerk!!" Tears came to her eyes.

Neji realized that and stood up, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Tenten."

"Don't touch me!" she yelled and pulled herself back. "Matter of fact, just leave me alone."

Tenten turned on her heels and ran as fast as she could, until she stopped to rest on a bench.

"...Tenten..." Neji whispered and then continued to train.

.: End Flashback:.

"Neji, you jerk..." She whispered.

The rain began to pour down harder, and then suddenly, she couldn't feel the cold drops on her skin...she could only hear it.

Tenten looked up to meet eyes with Neji, who held an umbrella over her head.

"What!!?" she snapped, getting up.

"Listen, Tenten." He grabbed onto her arm. "About earlier, I'm sorry if I hurt you."

She whipped her arm out of his grasp. "It's alittle to late for that, don't ya think?" she began to walk off.

Neji followed. "Tenten," he tried to convince her. "How about that movie?"

"Stop following me!" she began to run.

He chased after.

"Tenten, please! I'm sorry!!!" he cried out.

At that moment, her heart skipped a beat, and she slipped on a mud puddle and toppled down, Neji falling over her.

They lay there in the muddy puddle of water. She looked at Neji.

"Do you mean it?" she whimpered out.

"Of course I'm sorry. I've been trying to tell you that. I sorry that I didn't listen to you." he reached out and gently touched her cheek, smearing muddy water on her face.

"I'm sorry, too, Neji." more tears streamed down her face.

Neji stood up and then picked up Tenten. "I'll take you home."

He bent down and also picked up his mud covered umbrella and covered them both from the rain.

"I love you, Neji." she whispered into his shirt.

"I love you, too." he said back, and held her close.

Once he arrived at Tenten's house, he took off her shoes and then his. They were both soaking wet, and Tenten began to get a fever.

"N-Neji..." she said from the couch he laid her on. It wasn't wet because he covered her in towels. "My head hurts. Could you get me some medicine...on top of the fridge...and some dry clothes?"

Neji had just finished changing into a spare pair of clothes that he always kept at her house. "Sure."

Tenten laid still on the couch, her temperature still rising.

Neji returned with a glass of water and pills, and some warm clothes. "Here. Can you swallow these?"

She opened her eyes a crack, then closed them.

'She can't swallow on her own...I guess I have to go with plan B...'

Neji put the pills in his mouth (A/N: he's not gonna swallow them, so don't worry.) and drank some water, not swallowing it.

He brought his lips to her and opened it with his mouth, letting the water and pills flow down her throaght. Once he was sure she swallowed them, he brought his head back and thought about what he just did.

"Oh, yeah. Her clothes. Here we go." He began to gently remove her clothes and toss them in a pile. His face heated up as he touched her soft skin. He slipped on her a loose T-shirt and shorts. By now, his face was blood red.

"She should cool down now." He said, picking her up.

He sat on the couch and placed her head on his lap. He flicked throught the channels on tv for hours, waiting for her to wake up.

"Uhhhn...N-Neji?" she looked up at him, still lying on his lap.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked softly.

"Yeah. Thanks, Neji." she smiled and gently sat up, Neji's hand also helping her. "I feel alot better." she said, pushing Neji back so that she could lay on him.

"Really?" he smirked.

"Yup." Tenten pressed her lips against his and pressed herself against him, running her fingers through his long hair.

She pulled back and looked at his white eyes. "I love you." she said and layed her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I love you, too."

She giggled at the way his chest vibrated when he spoke. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her. She pulled up a blanket and snuggled into his chest.

"Wake me in 30 minutes and I'll make dinner." She said, inhaling his scent and moving her hand up and down his chest.

"Sure." he mumbled, falling asleep in the beautiful scent that came from his girlfriend. The one he hadn't lost to Sasuke. "I'll wake you up..."

And they both fell asleep in each others arms. "And then we'll watch that movie...."




A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, but I've been having trouble getting to a computer. Anyway, please read and review and I'll try to get the next chapter up soon!!!