Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Giri-Choco or Honmei-Choco? ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Chapter Alert!
The next chapter, which was supposed to be Lights, Camera, Drama, is being postponed for a while, but do not worry, for I have many other chapters which I will post up!!



Story Twenty-Five: Giri-Choco or Honmei-Choco?




Tenten woke up around 10:00 a.m, on a beautiful February day.

It was sunny out, birds were flying about, and Konoha residents were already out taking care of their needs.

Tenten stretched as she checked her calendar.

"Hm?" she looked at the day that was circled with a heart.

It read 'February 14: Valentine's Day'.

"What!?!" She screamed. "Valentine's day is tomorrow? Oh man, I was going to make something for Neji, but now I'm having second-thoughts!"

She flopped down across her bed, her head resting in the palms of her hands.

"What if he doesn't want a gift? And I bet he doesn't even like chocolate, of course!" She sighed. "Maybe he's already got a girl-friend...."

She reluctantly pulled herself up and got dressed in a pink sweater and blue jeans.

Her hair was up in the usual double-bun style, held up with pink ribbons.

'I've still got to try!' She encouraged herself.

Tenten left her home and went out to the store to get ingredients for chocolate.

Parents and their children were walking about, and some people were walking their dogs and other stuff.

Tenten looked to her right and realized Sakura standing in front of the flower shop.

"Hey, Sakura!" Tenten waved and went over to her.

Sakura looked up. "Oh, hey, Tenten."

"What's up?" Tenten asked, looking at the flowers Sakura had in her hand.

"O-oh! These are nothing! Just doing some shopping, that's all!" she hid the flowers behind her back.

Tenten smirked. "Are you sure there not for someone who's name begins with Sasu and ends with a ke?"

Sakura blushed deeply. "W-well, I'll tell you but don't tell Ino or she'll be all over Sasuke!"

"I promise." Tenten held out her pinky to Sakura.

"Okay." Sakura said, taking Tenten's pinky in her own. "Well, yesterday, Sasuke had seen that I was a bit down so he said that on Valentine's Day we could hang out. It was weird to me when I heard him say that, but I know that he won't back out." she smiled to herself and held the flowers close. "That's why I'm buying these flowers."

Tenten smiled as well. "Wow, you are lucky, having him come up to you and ask you out. I wish Neji would do something like that for me."

"I'm sure he will, Tenten."

"Thanks, Sakura. I'll see you later!" Tenten waved as she walked on.

"Bye!"

Tenten went on into the grocery store to buy her needed ingredients.

As she walked along the rows of food, she realized Hinata standing in front of the chocolate ingredients.

"Hey, Hinata!" she said and went towards her.

"H-huh?!" Hinata was surprised and dropped the things she held in her arms.

"Oops! Sorry, Hinata." Tenten said as she helped Hinata pick up the things she dropped.

"S-so, Tenten-san, what are you d-doing here?"

Tenten scratched the back of her head. "Actually, I came here to buy some chocolate ingredients."

"R-really?" Hinata smiled. "M-me too."

Tenten watched her face redden. "For who?"

"N-no one....."

"Naruto, eh?" she said.

"...."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here buying stuff for your stubborn cousin."

"Y-you are? Is it chocolate?"

"Kind of..." Tenten scratched the back of her head.

"Are you giving him Giri-Choco o-or Honmei-Choco?"

"What?"

"W-well, Giri-Choco is given to friends and associates and Honmei-Choco is given to Lovers and people you like."

"Oh. I hadn't thought of that, but I guess I'm getting him...."

Hinata could tell that she wanted to give him Honmei-Choco, by the way her face turned pink.

"Y-you don't have to tell me."

"W-well, I was going to try to give him Honmei-Choco, I guess..."

"I-I'm happy for you Tenten."

Tenten smiled and finished up her conversation with Hinata, saying her goodbye's and returning home.

She locked the front door behind her and went to the kitchen.

"Alright, now, let's begin." she got out a big bowl and poured in the ingredients the way the instructions that came with them said.

She mixed continuously, splattering chocolate over the counter and on her face.

"Okay, now I need sugar." she grabbed blindly for the sugar container, continuing to read the paper.

She poured in the instructed amount.

"It doesn't look half bad." she congratulated herself, giggling.

She put it in the freezer to freeze over-night.

The sun sank down below the horizen and night began to set in.

Tenten changed into her pajamas and layed on her bed, her stomach full of butterflies as she thought about Valentine's Day.

She quickly fell asleep and slept quietly through the night.

The bright rays of sun shined in through her window, waking her up.

"Hmmm?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Oh yeah! The chocolate."

She scuffed her feet as she went into the kitchen and removed the chocolate from the freezer.

Then she began to wrap it in lilac candy wrapping paper.

She tied a purple ribbon around it to keep it from coming undone.

Tenten quickly got changed into a yellow sweater and black jeans.

She grabbed her chocolate and her piece of toast that she put in the toaster and went out to Neji's house.

On her way there she noticed Sakura and Sasuke sitting by the fountain, and from the looks of it, they were having fun.

Tenten smiled for her friend and continued on her way.

She passed by Naruto's house and realized that he was holding Hinata up in her fainted position, the chocolate still in her hand.

"At least she tried." Tenten whispered and turned the corner, coming up to the Hyuuga Household.

Ahead of her she saw the one and only Neji standing outside under the bright sunlight.

'Damn, he looks so hot.' she blushed and approached him, the chocolate behind her back.

He turned to look at her. "Hey, Tenten." he smiled slightly.

Her face turned pink. "H-hi, Neji." she tried to put on a smile. "So, uh, Happy Valentine's Day."

He was looking back up into the sky, at the seven birds that flew overhead.

When he looked back at Tenten, he saw that she held out a small purple box to him.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Well, It's a Valentine's gift from me to you. It's homemade.....Honmei-Choco."

He smiled and happily accepted it from her. "Thank you."

'He said thank you!!' Tenten happily cried out fake tears. 'I thought he wouldn't like chocolate.'

"Honmei-Choco, eh?"

"W-what?" Tenten said, snapping back into reality.

Instantly, Neji had sealed the space between their lips in a gentle lip-lock.

He pulled back, his face pink with embarrassment.

Tenten had pulled her hand up to her lip.

"N-Neji..."

He looked back at her. "Honmei-Choco is for lovers or people you like, so that was my thank you gift to you for giving me this."

Tenten's eyes got all wide-eyed. "Neji! I....I love you!" she pulled him into a hug and held onto him like her life depended on it.

He smiled gently at her and put his hand over her head, hugging her back.

He looked up at the seven birds and realized that one more flew not far behind. 'Eight birds, eh?'

"Happy Valentine's day, Tenten."

'Destiny is not something for me to decide, but for now, it's my choice to be here in Tenten's arms, and that is my destiny.'





A/N: Thank you all for reading this next chapter!! Sorry it took so long to get up, and sorry that I lied to you about the next chapter. I will get the Lights, Camera, Drama one up soon, so until then, keep on reading and thank you for reviewing!!! :)