Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Hiccups ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Story Seventeen: Hiccups



My God, I must've tried every
freakin' trick in the book, yet
I can't get these stupid
hiccups to go away!





'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! SMASH!!!'

Tenten slammed her fist down on the snooze button, watching the digital clock break into millions of pieces. Then she would gather up the pieces, bag them, throw them over a giant cliff, then wrap it up and give it to Lee for a birthday present. Perfect plan, yes it is.

She rubbed her eyes.

'Well, there goes $7.00 dollars.'

She stood up to go get dressed for training, when suddenly, she started to hiccup.

"Hiccup!" she croaked out, almost like a dying frog.

Tenten brought her hands over her mouth.

"Hiccup!"

Tenten swiftly got dressed, tried to brush her teeth, but everytime she would 'hiccup' she would drop her toothbrush, and then rushed into the kitchen to try to eat.

"Okay, 'hic', maybe some water will 'hic' get rid of these hiccups." She poured herself a glass of water and drank it down.

"Hiccup!"

Tenten nearly choked on the water she was attempting to drink to surpress the hiccups, spraying water all over the floor. (A/N: My, my, it's just not her day. :)

After she cleaned up and wrapped up her alarm clock and wiped the spilled water off the floor, she set out for her training grounds.

'By the time I get there, they should be gone.'

No such luck.

"Hiccup!"

Her teammates and Gai sensei looked at her.

"TENTEN, WHY ARE YOU SO LATE!?" Lee called out.

"It's nothing 'hic'. Let's start 'hic' training." Tenten replied.

"BUT TENTEN, IT SEEMS YOU HAVE A CASE OF THE HICCUPS!"

"Nice one, Lee!"

"GAI SENSEI!"

"LEE!"

"GAI SENSEI!!"

"LEE!!"

And they hugged and cried before their undying sunset....as usual..

Tenten stood there, her eye twitching, and Neji sat on the ground in front of a tree, meditating.....or at least trying to. Tenten's hiccups were very distracting.

"ALRIGHT!! Today we will be working on our aim!!!"

"But haven't we already done that about a million times?!?" Tenten cried out.

Gai sensei smirked.

"With our eyes closed." He said in a dark tone, everything suddenly turning dark. (You know how when someone's trying to be funny everything goes dark and then suddenly the light comes back?)

Tenten stood there, totally unfazed, and a sudden hiccup could be heard.

Gai sensei was taken back, and a deep scar was left in his heart as the lights came back on.

"DO NOT WORRY, GAI SENSEI, I WILL WORK WITH OUR YOUTHFUL FLOWER!!!"

"Uhhhhggg...." Gai moaned from his bent over position in shame.

"ALRIGHT, TENTEN, AIM FOR ABOVE NEJI'S HEAD..."

Tenten pulled out a single senbon and aimed it above Neji's head.

Neji still had his eyes closed.

"With your eyes closed." he whispered.

"Hiccup!"

'Alright, picture it in my head. Neji sitting directly ahead of me...and throw!!'

"Hiccup!"

Tenten's hiccup caused her aim to be off and it went straight for Neji's face!

"Neji! Watch 'hic!' your 'hic!' face!"

Neji, with his eyes still closed, moved his head to the right and avoided the senbon by a millimeter.

Tenten's jaw dropped.

Lee clapped and cried, yelling out "THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! BUT WHAT MORE COULD WE EXPECT FROM OUR GENIUS!?"

Neji was getting angry.

All this noise was disturbing his meditating, and Tenten's hiccups were just nonstop.

Then Lee turned to Tenten.

"HOW COULD YOU HAVE AIMED SO POORLY!?! YOU ALMOST HIT NEJI'S FACE!!"

"MY EYES WERE 'hic' CLOSED AND I HAVE THE MOTHER FREAKIN 'hic' HICCUPS!!!"

"Ho. Tenten how could you stain my ears with such foul language?"

"Because you 'hic' deserve to be 'hic' yelled at!"

Now Neji was pissed. He got up and walked over to the extremely loud Lee and Tenten. Tenten was to busy yelling at Lee that she didn't realize Neji behind her.

"AHH!!! Just 'hic' shut---!!!"

Neji put his hands on her face and pulled her face towards his, locking their lips in a passionete lip-lock.

Lee didn't notice them kissing, for he had joined Gai sensei in the 'Hang your head in shame' section.

Tenten and Neji kissed until they were both very dizzy. Tenten's wobbly legs gave out on her and she fell on Neji, pushing him down.

Their faces were still very close, for example, her nose was touching his.

"N-Neji..." she whispered out.

"Are your hiccups gone yet?" he whispered back.

"I think so." she smiled.

He lightly smiled back and captured her lips again with his.

"OH! GAI SENSEI, LOOK!!! OUR YOUTHFUL FLOWER IS KISSING WITH OUR GENIUS!!"

"LEE! DON'T LOOK AT IT!" Gai sensei said as he covered Lee's eyes.

"SENSEI, WE MUST TELL EVERYONE!!"

"YES, WE MUST!!" Gai shook his fist out and Lee kicked the air.

Suddenly, an evil presence could be sensed from behind them.

Tenten and Neji stood behind them, cracking their knuckles.

"Someone's gonna get hurt real bad." Tenten said, pounding her fist into her palm.

"Somebody." Neji repeated. "I'm not gonna say who."

"But we think you guys know these two people very well." Tenten finished.

"Lee!" Gai cried out.

"Gai sensei!" Lee cried back.

"Hiccup!"

Lee and Gai sensei froze and looked at Tenten.

"What, it's not me this time, I swear."

All eyes went to Neji.

"What 'hic' are you staring 'hic' at?"





A/N: Thanks for reading this next chapter. I realize that it took me awfully long to actually update my story, so I am multitasking and writing more than one story at once!! I hope it works, cause' I'm falling behind on my schedule. Anyways, please comment and thanks for reading!!!