Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Princess Nine Fan Fiction ❯ A New Season's Reality ❯ A New Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers:

Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, are

Property of ADVision, and Gainax Inc. I only *wish* they were mine.

ADV Film In has all the rights to Princess Nine, and all related characters, and concepts. Enjoy!

A New Season's Reality

Chapter 1: A New Home

Author's Note: Hi all and welcome to my first Princess Nine story and it's also being a crossover with Evangelion. My main purpose here is to write an A/U of PN, as well as a alternate continuation of The "End of Evangelion".

So with that in mind, I ask the Princess Nine fans to be patient and know that the focus of the first 2 chapters will be on the four children from the Eva reality. You will see some familiar characters in chapter 2, then we'll really get into see the team and their boys baseball counterparts as I Integrate the four former Eva pilots into their respective Kisaragi baseball teams.

Yes Rei, and Asuka will be the newest players on the girls team, while Kaworu and Shinji will play on the boy's team.

In the PN (Princess Nine) reality, it is the following year after the teams first played each other in last years regional playoffs. So the need for more players in obvious to Coach Kido as well as the boys coach. Now that all that has been prefaced, enjoy the story, and chapter 3 will be coming soon.

Thanks all for the support, dennisud

The strange looking duo headed towards the center of the city they were in.

They had to find out since they obviously weren't in Tokyo-3, Tokyo-2

Or any city they knew of in Japan.

Rei then noticed something and patted Shinji's arm to get his attention.

"Shinji, look there. Would that sign give us a clue as to where, and when we are?"

"Yes, I think it would Rei. Now I know where. Now to find out when."

As the two continued down the street passing the sign they were looking at.

On the sign a sale was being advertised.

"Remember, Tamaro Department store for your School and athletic uniform needs,

Here, in beautiful Downtown Osaka. Sale good until Friday."

Both children then made it to the center of the city.

There they sat down on a bench to collect themselves and find out what year it was, and decides what to do next.

Then Rei got up and walked to the nearest newspaper stand.

Within moments Shinji was beside her

Figuring out what she was doing. It only took a few seconds more to see;

"July 19, 1999."

"We're 16 years in the past..." Rei whispered,

"... on a different earth." Shinji concluded.

Both children then wandered back to the bench, stunned.

They sat down quietly in a numb silence.

After a few minutes, Rei quietly took Shinji's hand and squeezed. Startled, he looked back up to her face.

In all the time Shinji had known the enigmatic girl, he had never seen the look of fear that was on her face now.

It was Shinji's turn to squeeze her hand

"Rei, We'll be Ok." He then took his other hand and clasped hers between his.

"Rei, I don't think Lillith wouldn't have put us in a place where we wouldn't have a good chance at a real life.

You know that more than I do." That statement seemed to reach the sullen girl.

As she quietly squeezed her hand to Shinji's and then withdrew it.

She took a breath, and then got up. She looked around the downtown area

until she held in her view a police station. "Shinji, I think that it is time to contact someone."

Shinji, totally bewildered asked simply, "Who?"

"Your Parents, of course." Then Rei started walking towards the police station house she spotted earlier.

"My parents?!?! Hey, Rei wait up. What do you mean my parents?" Shinji ran to catch up to Rei.

Family Reunion

It took several officers, several hours, and several phone calls

until a final call was made to the apartment of Yui and Gendo Ikari.

Which was located on the Kyoto University campus.

An out of breath Yui, who had run down the stairs that led to their upstairs bedroom, answered the phone call.

Hello? Yes, this is Yui Ikari. What? Who? Where?, all right can I talk to them please."

While the caller was getting those who wanted to talk to her, Yui yelled for her husband Gendo.

He had just gotten home from an all night session at the local hospital.

Both were finishing their Doctorates and were expecting their first child.

Gendo was at that moment trying to get a few hours sleep between Shifts.

"Gendo, come here quick!"

"Oh, dear, please I wanted to get a quick nap." He tried to bury his head further under the pillow.

"Well, unless you get your butt over here, you'll have your brother angry at you."

Gendo's head popped up off the bed "And why is that dear?"

"It seems that your brother's children are stuck in Osaka."

"But, . . . my brother doesn't have children, dear." Gendo was now making his way to the kitchen.

"What?" Yui said surprised.

Then, Yui heard a new voice on the on phone.

"Mmm ... Mrs. Ikari?" Shinji said hesitantly

Yes, this is Yui Ikari."

{THUMP!}

".................................."

Hello, is anyone there, hello?" Yui was certain she had heard something on the other end of the line.

A few moments later, another more feminine voice was head on the phone. "I am speaking for Shinji Ikari, he seemed to have

. . . fainted." ("Shinji, hmmm, what a nice name!" Yui said to herself)

"Ok, then who are you?" Gendo now joined Yui, and was overheard by the person on the phone.

"Who is it Yui?"

{THUMP!}

Yui heard that same sound she had heard earlier on the other end of the line.

After a few more seconds of dead air, someone else got on the phone.

"Mrs. Ikari, this is Sergeant Yakabi of the Osaka Police.

It seems that the two children who are claiming to be related to you have fainted.

Their Ok but we need you or someone in your family to come and pick them up."

"But, ... my husband says that his brother doesn't have any children."

Then Gendo grabbed the phone from his now surprised wife..

"Officer, Can you describe them to me, please." Gendo shushed Yui's protests.

"I can do one better, I can send you a digital photo of them.

We had taken their pictures when they had arrived. We had processed them for pictures and prints,

So, please, can you give me your e-mail address,

and you'll see them right away.

The police officer then took the two headshots of the children and then through the police computer terminal, sent the photos to

the Ikari's computer. Within three minutes they saw what could be said were carbon copies of themselves.

Shinji looking very much like both Gendo and Yui, while Rei was easily, a copy of Yui as a 15-year-old.

This fact seemed to confuse the couple.

"Gendo, just look at them, they can be ours just by their looks. This is scaring me Gendo."

She hugged her husband who was scratching his head shaking it in disbelief.

"Well, I haven't spoken to my brother in twenty years, so they could be his. They sure look like it."

"But, how can she look so much like me?" Yui said looking more worried.

"I don't know, but we'll have to find out." Gendo then grabbed the phone.

"Officer, please be advised that I'll take a flight to Osaka tonight, and will be there to pick them up tomorrow."

"That will be fine. They will be at the Osaka Arms hotel. The local Children's Society will pick up the tab."

"That will not be necessary, but I'll pay for the hotel. Also, I'll send some money for that and for them to get some more clothes."

"No problem, I've been assigned to keep an eye on them. So, when you get to the hotel, just call for me,

and I'll have them ready for you.

"Thank you officer Yakabi. We'll see you tomorrow, and pass on to the children that we'll be there tomorrow and to get some rest."

"Of course, have a good flight, and good day."

"Good bye, sir."

Gendo put the phone down and looked at his wife. "Dear, can you call the hospital and tell then that ..."

" ... A family emergency has occurred and you will be unavailable till Friday. Would that be enough time honey?"

"Yes, love, and while I'm gone, you will get Kyoto to help you since you are now well, pregnant."

"Yes, and imagine I don't have to go to Osaka to get one , I have one right here." She gave her husband a rye look.

"Yui, stop being such a smart Alec." Gendo was shaking his head, but with a smile along. He swatted her backside

Yui giggled as she sent Gendo upstairs. "Gendo, stop being such a stick in the mud.

Now go get ready while I'll call the airlines to get your tickets."

They smiled at each other. "Thanks Yui, I don't know what I would do without you." He kissed her as he was heading upstairs.

Well as long as you don't try to blow up the world, I'll be happy." Yui said.

The flight didn't take more than a hour as both cities were close geographically.

As the flight progressed, Gendo thought, what he was getting himself into.

He knew his brother was single, yet he knew he was involved for a lengthy time with a woman named Naoko, Ibuki, Ayanami, no,

Akagi was her name.

But that had broken up years ago. Then he remembered, it was fifteen years ago.

Other than that, he didn't know who, or what his brother had been doing all this time.

But it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that he could have fathered some children

that Gendo knew nothing about.

"But, how did they knew where to find us?"

Gendo then looked out the airliner's window and contemplated what he would ask these children who claimed to be related to him.

Then he remembered how the girl looked like an exact copy of Yui.

Gendo had many questions to ask.

Face to Face

Gendo arrived at the hotel that the children were staying at.

He took a deep breath, and adjusted his glasses as he entered the Lobby.

He was getting accustomed to them since he was prescribed them a few weeks before.

He didn't like crowded places, yet he worked in a major metropolitan hospital.

But that was work, this was, well unusual. And for Gendo, it made him more nervous than usual.

He was even tempted to leave, but his curiosity outweighed his fear.

He went to the front desk and asked for Sgt. Yakabi. A hostess in a kimono then led him to room 323.

The hostess then excused herself, and he was left to knock on the door.

He heard someone's footsteps coming to the door. A uniformed man greeted him.

"Mr. Ikari?" asked the officer.

"Y-yes. I am Dr. Gendo Ikari." He then looked beyond the officer, and saw the two teenagers standing next to each other, holding

hands and looking rather nervous, echoed his own feelings. He then made his way to them.

Then they stepped back a foot or so. He stopped and looked confused. ("Their ...afraid of me?") He then said,

"I am Dr. Gendo Ikari. Are you my brother's children?" The two children looked at each other and nodded.

Then the young girl spoke something that confused him even more.

Rei spoke softly, "We are, . . . and yet we are not as well."

Gendo was startled by what the girl said. He then became frustrated, thinking he as being tricked or made fun of.

"What? Now listen here, who are you then?" asked a now perturbed Gendo as he was thinking

that they might have been trying to pull his leg. But before anything could be done, The police officer interjected himself.

"Dr. Ikari, They have stated to us that your brother Tomoe is their father, and that you are their uncle.

I shall leave you to talk and I will make arrangements for your departure." With that he the officer bowed and left the three people

alone in the room..

After the police officer left Gendo motioned the children to take a seat at the rooms dining table. He took a chair out from the table

and stated simply, "All right, what is going on? The truth this time!" Gendo then sat there with his

arms crossed in front of him, his hands together under his chin, glaring at the two teens.

They unconsciously fidgeted nervously in their chairs. After a few moments of hesitation Shinji spoke:

"Can I ask sir, what you do and your profession, please?"

Gendo sighed loudly then informed them of being the Chief Resident of Pediatric Neurology at Kyoto University hospital.

Both teens sighed in relief, and seemed to relax a little.

Rei then softly asked, "Do you know of the Instrumentality project, SEELE, or Geherin?"

Gendo looked at her like she was talking gibberish. "Oh, no, I haven't heard of anything like that?"

He was becoming more frustrated with their questions. "Listen what's this about" Gendo was asking now in a more angry tone.

"Can you tell me what Mo. . . Yui does?" asked a nervous Shinji

"She's a pediatric genealogist. She does research on solving genetic diseases and abnormalities in children

at the same hospital I work in." He was getting to the end of his patience

"Yeah, she would do that!" Said a now smiling Shinji

"Her caring is one of the things that made me fall in love with her.

But as I asked before, What is this all about? Why are you asking me these things?"

Dr. Ikari, I think you'll need to get a hold of yourself as this will seem implausible." Rei then got up and pulled a chair up to Gendo,

he moved back a bit in his chair, but sat there and started to listen to the children's story.

Within the next fifteen minutes, Gendo was told of The significance of the Dead Sea Scrolls, The Instrumentality Project, SEELE,

the Second and Third Impacts. of Evangelion, and their pilots, of Rei's origins, and of Yui Ikari's fate. Finally he was told of his own

counterpart and the way he orchestrated, manipulated and killed to achieve his goals. Then both recounted their memories of Third

Impact, of Shinji's fate to pick humanity's outcome, and Lillith's decision to give them another chance at a normal life.

The bewildered Doctor shook his head. "So, so you two are my children?" said a disbelieving Gendo.

"Well, I know your my father, and Yui Ikari is my mother, and you now know of Rei's origins." said a hesitant Shinji, who was still

holding Rei's hand nervously. Rei not letting any emotion show other than her simply her holding Shinji's hand.

Gendo then stood up and walked to the room's window contemplating what he had just been told. Could he believe this outlandish

story? He then thought of how his counterpart had so easily fallen under SEELE's influence, due at first to his greed and lust for

power. Then his love for Yui blinded him even more. It did remind him of his past and of the mindset he was in when he met Yui.

He thought himself lucky that he had made his mind up when he met her the love of his life. She had convinced him to help people

and became a doctor. But in his love for his Yui, he could see how Shinji's father could have done what he did.

But, then he remembered why he was here. These two children were for in their unique way, his and Yui's children.

He decided something that he himself wouldn't have believed he would have done before. They were here now, so they were his

children.

He made his mind up to take them in, but he had to talk to Yui first. He smiled, because, in the back of his mind,

he knew what she would say. He then turned to the two teens. "I'm here to pick you two up and though originally I had the intend to

take you to my brother, that now seems unlikely, so you two will accompany me back to Kyoto."

Are you saying that you're taking us in?" asked a confused Shinji.

If my wife approves, and if you agree." He then waited for the two who sat up together.

They looked at each other and Rei answered, "It would be acceptable to us, Dr. Ikari."

Then, they saw something that only Rei had seen before, Gendo Ikari smile . And it wasn't that reserved smile he had given Rei

before, nor the smile Shinji had seen given to Rei in the Eva cages, but a true affectionate emotion filled smile that reached both

children, who smiled back. It took much of Shinji's willpower to hold himself from running up to Gendo and tackling him in a hug,

but he knew this Gendo was much like he thought his father had been, before Yui's disappearance.

Rei was also having an emotional reaction, but it was well hidden under that mask she wore.

But Shinji could tell by the slight flush in her face,

and her body wavering a bit at the sight of Gendo's smile.

A smile that would be the point of a new beginning for both of them.

As the two teenagers watched a program on TV, Gendo called Yui Back in Kyoto.

After a fifteen minute conversation with his wife, where all he'd been told was relayed to her,

she said without hesitation, "Bring them home Gendo. I'll have dinner ready when you all arrive."

She had emphasized "all" with the purpose Gendo knew she had, and knew also that she meant it.

"Thanks honey, we should be out of Osaka by two p.m. depending on traffic, We'll be home between five to six p.m."

Back in Kyoto, Yui was exited. "Ok, tell them that I understand and I can't wait to meet them, Ok love?"

Imagine she was pregnant, yet she was already a mother, if she believed what Gendo had told her.

She'll have her own talk with the two children after dinner. I was such an unbelievable tale,

yet she knew deep down in her heart, that it was right.

Gendo, had sensed his wife had accepted the story wholeheartedly. but he knew she would.

"I'll tell them. We'll be home soon, and I love you!"

"I love you too." They hung up the phone together. Both thought at the same time,

their lives would certainly be more interesting.

Gendo then turns to the two expectant children. He unbeknownst to him, stands like his counterpart,

bringing a chill to both ex-pilots. He then realizes that he was doing something to scare them,

so he says something that would calm them down.

"Hey, don't be frightened," He waved his hands. "Just get your belongings, we're going home."

"Wait, you mean you believe us, your not going to send us away to a loony bin after we get to Kyoto?" asked Shinji.

I believe your story. Lillith sent you here to have a normal life,

and since for all intents and purpose your my kids, then you will come home

with me to meet your mother." Rei then looked down Gendo became concerned.

"But, I have no mother, I'm her clone?" Rei said with a slight hint of hurt in her soft voice.

Gendo put his finger in her chin, and made her look at him.

"Look Rei, I know enough about my wife to know that if you are her clone,

then she's your parent, and I hope to be as well."

Then Shinji witnesses something that gave him two opposite emotions.

Anger for half a second, because Gendo was hugging Rei, then that emotion was taken over by happiness

when Rei hugged back and a single tear drew down her cheek. Her control was breaking down. She couldn't handle that fact that

Gendo Ikari was hugging her as a father would hug a daughter, Her Gendo never hugged her once.

Shinji was then taken back as he was enveloped in a strong hug from this world's Gendo Ikari,

he soon returned it as well. It was a heartfelt hug that he knew he would never have gotten from his father.

Shinji Ikari was crying, not from hurt, nor want, but from the joy of one man's hug, his father's hug.

Gendo now had a task that he was unfamiliar with calming down the two children, who were happy, yet crying.

He the smiled again, and they slowly calmed down, After that the Officer had returned and they then gathered their things and

headed out of the room. Both children thinking of how they would be able to handle seeing a living Yui Ikari.

Mother

The flight had been on time And Gendo had to field more questions from the two children who now could be described as exited and

happy. Well as much as Rei can be. Though it did describe Shinji to a tee.

After a brief taxi ride that had given Rei and Shinji a tour of Kyoto, courtesy of Gendo asking the driver to "Take the scenic route.",

it took a bit longer than what Gendo had told his wife. So as the trio were making their way, climbing the stairs that led to the

apartment of Gendo and Yui Ikari. Yui was pacing in the living room as they were thirty minutes late.

All three at the door had different visions of Yui Ikari;

Gendo saw his wife, and lover as the single true light in his life.

Shinji having only vague memories of her kept looking at Rei to imagine her in her thirties, trying to see her before he did.

Rei, simply kept a calmness to herself as she knew she would be seeing her progenitor, her mother.

Yes during the flight she accepted that as much. So, she would have another female to talk to, and yield guidance from.

Then the moment came for all three to stand in front of the door to the apartment.

Gendo in front of the children then unlocked the door. Then she heard them at the stairs, she rushed to the door,

and opened it to see Gendo holding his keys, and a young man looking similar to her, and a young teenage girl,

her carbon copy.

The children stood a few moments hesitant to enter.

Then Rei, grabbed Shinji's hand and led the way into the apartments main hallway.

"My God Gendo, they do look so much like . . ." Both children looked up.

They saw a woman about four inches taller than Rei, two inches taller than Shinji, with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a petite

figure that greatly resembled Rei's. Shinji stood there stunned and speechless. Rei mimicked him in silence as both stared into the kind

face of this earth's version of Yui Ikari.

"Mm-m-mother?" was all Shinji could mumble.

She held her hands up to her face together covering her mouth. Tears were starting to run down her face as she looked the two

children over. In her mind Rei had affirmed that these would have been her children. hey couldn't be anyone else's.

Then she launched herself and gathered the two in a tight hug crying and hugging both of the teens.

It took a few moments for Shinji to hug her back and bring an arm around Rei.

Rei took a few more moments more before she copied Shinji's gestures.

For a good two to three minutes, all Yui could do was smile, cry and hold each child's face in her hands admiring them taking their

faces into her memory, and of course hugging them again and again.

Then with Gendo's smiling encouragement, which they were still getting used to, they made their way to the dining area,

and had a nice dinner. Gendo did tell Yui earlier of Rei's vegetarian choices. So while she ate salad and boiled vegetables and rice

dishes, they and Shinji ate fish, and rice.

They talked about how the children appeared and had gotten in contact to them, and of Yui's pregnancy, which flustered Shinji to no

end. They of course understood that this baby would be this world's Shinji. So, Yui made a decision to name him Youshi instead.

That calmed Shinji down and they had a nice dinner.

A Night's Conversation

As the time grew late, Gendo pulled out two futons for Shinji and Rei to sleep in. They would sleep in the Couple's converted office.

This room was to be used as the Baby's room, but for now it would be the children's room.

The room was next to the living room area downstairs. Gendo mentioned that he would be taking tomorrow off to find a larger three

bedroom apartment to accommodate the now growing family. So, as they bedded down for the night, Gendo and Yui shut down the

lights and locked the doors and each hugged Rei, and Shinji a bit awkwardly. Shinji was accepting the physical contact more since

these were his parents now. Rei, who had not had much physical contact with many people for most of her life, had a harder time of

it. But she knew this was one of the changes she had to deal with in this new life.

But this wasn't the only thing that made her apprehensive.

So, after a few minutes of silence, Rei sat up and softly called out, "Shinji, are you asleep?"

"Not now Rei. What do you want?" Shinji yawned, sat up, turned and faced her.

"I am apprehensive of this familial situation."

"Huh?" Shinji looked stupefied.

Rei sighed and reworded her previous statement.

"I am afraid of being a part of a family." Shinji still looked at her oddly then a look of understanding overtook him.

"Because your so use to being alone?" She simply nodded.

"Well think of it as now you'll have others around you who will accept you , care for you, even if you might disagree with them, or

you might get mad at them, or they at you. You will still be accepted, and you won't be alone." He then took her hand in his to show

her what he meant.

"For instance, I could be mad at you for something, yet I will never tell you I don't care for you. That's what family means. To be

understanding, caring, and accepting of all in the family. That's why I couldn't get along with my father back on our earth.

Do you understand?" He squeezed her hand to emphasize the point.

She looked down at their clasped hands, then looked back up at Shinji's smiling face.

She returned his smile with the same small quiet one she had given him after the fifth angel.

"Now let's get some sleep, sister." He patted her futon and she laid down still holding his hand.

"Thank you brother. I will strive to be a better family member."

Shinji smiled and said," Just accept that we care for you, and that will be a good start."

He then laid down on his futon and faced her. She did the same.

They finally fell asleep while neither let go of each other's hands.

If they had paid attention, they would have notice they had an observer.

Yui was sitting on the stairs a silent witness to the children's conversation.

She slowly realizes that she now was a mother of two, plus one that was coming.

She looked down at the sleeping forms of her "New" children, then patted her tummy.

You will all have your chance at a good life my children, if I have anything to say about it."

She then stood up, and quietly made her way to the bed she shared with Gendo.

A smile was what greeted her as she entered her bedroom.

"Well are they asleep, my love?" Gendo said as Yui got under the covers.

"Yes, finally, Rei seemed to have some misgivings about being in a family, but Shinji seemed to have calmed her fears for now.

I think I'll keep her with me, and you and Shinji can go apartment hunting tomorrow.

Will that be OK with you." Yui looked at her reclining husband.

"I think that would be good. He needs to know I'm not the Gendo he knew.

Plus I need to start being the father he never seemed to have lost so long ago." Yui agreed.

"I have to do the same for Rei, though I think it will be a little harder since she never had a real mother that could hug her.

Oh Gendo, I feel scared that she may not open up to us. With what they have already said to us they'll need some counseling, and

we'll need some training to help them." Yui crawled into the bed and laid on her husband chest, while he comforted her.

"You mean like this?" Gendo looked at her to see her reaction. She simply nodded as tears gathered in her eyes.

"We will make it through this Yui, They won't have to deal with what they had to back in their reality.

No Angels to fight, No Evas to cause pain. They have a mother who I know will be there for them, and I will be there for them.

That alone should help them both."

"But, ... but Rei..."

"... will eventually give you as tight and loving a heart as you gave her today." Gendo the gave his crying wife a hug and comforted

her with his words and his arms.

After a few minutes, Yui was calm.

"Well let's get some sleep, cause tomorrow will be rather eventful." Gendo kissed her good night and they shut off their lights.

After a few minutes Yui shook Gendo awake and asked him a question.

"Doesn't it seem odd that we would be so willing to take them in and believe their outlandish story?"

She then looked at Gendo's groggy eyes.

"It seemed that this something may be influencing us. Maybe this Lillith they mentioned.

"So they could have a chance at that normal life" Yui finished. They then both understood. That was exactly what was happening.

Lillith from the other reality using her powers to help Shinji and Rei.

"Wait, during dinner, didn't Shinji say there would be two more coming.

"Yes, and one had Soryu as her last name." They looked at each other.

"We'll call Kyoto tomorrow and get her prepared for her incoming brood." he said with a smirk on his face.

He knew the fiery brown haired friend and co-worker would be beside herself

"You know she'll be so pissed!" Yui added, nodding in agreement at her husbands' sentiments

"Yes, especially since she just found out she's pregnant too." They both shook their heads at the coming storm

That was Kyoto Soryu.

"Well, get some sleep, or we'll be really crappy tomorrow." She finally said as they kissed and went to sleep.

Another Mother's Children

Kyoto Zeppelin Soryu was not a happy camper. Her experiments in gene splicing were not going well.

And she hated to bother her friend Yui Ikari for help.

So, she kept on working through the night when a faint thought went through her consciousness.

Two named kept repeating in her mind. Two names familiar yet not.

Two names that she knew but hod no one to go with, … until now.

Asuka, and Kaworu

Those two names kept repeating in her mind. So much so, that her concentration left her.

"Shiest, I can't think any more. Better get home, and get some rest. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day."

Osaka, 2:30 a.m., Two more unconscious bodies appear in a very familiar alley.

One a thin lithe male with wild reddish brown hair, while the other was a female.

Both seemed to be teenagers.

When they awoke Asuka was at first dizzy and confused, while Kaworu sat and looked around smiling and quietly chuckling.

"Hey, Who are you kid?" Asuka asked the smiling boy.

He simply kept looking around a smile still on his face. "Lillith you must have a sense of humor." was all he said.

"Listen, my name is Asuka, not Lillith, so can you tell me where we are.

The last thing I remember was . . . the MP-EVA's, then . . . pain, then . . . Momma."

She held a hand to her mouth with a surprised look as she did remember, everything.

"Miss. Soryu, we are in a place that will give us both a second chance, to live a normal human life, without Angels,

or EVA's, without loneliness, want, or need. Lillith has made sure of that." Kaworu smiled again to the now frustrated German girl.

"You haven't been much help you know." She waved her hand at his direction,

he simply looked back with his smile still on her face. "So, Where are we?"

The thin, boy got up and headed towards the end of the alley, Asuka slowly got up and followed him.

They saw much of what two children before them had, with one exception,

A policeman who was walking towards them spotted them and then walked up to them.

He then simply asked a question, "Do you two know Shinji Ikari?"

Both nodded surprising Asuka, "Hey how do you know Baka Shinji?"

Kaworu chuckled and then smiled back. "He was my friend though I think my betrayal may cause him to hate me."

Hate, that word sent shivers down both their backs, for Asuka the possibility of Shinji hating her for all that she did to him, for

Kaworu a similar feeling. They both then turned to each other eyeing each other. Both now had red hair, and both now had bright

blue eyes. Then Asuka gasped, realizing that this boy with her might have something in common with her.

Their thoughts however were interrupted, by the policeman, who again asked

"Do you two know Shinji Ikari?" now more insistently.

That both nodded in the affirmative and then told the officer that they needed to find out when and where they were,

he informed them and both then looked confused. "You mean to tell me this is July 20th, 1999, and we're on Osaka?!?!"

The officer simply nodded!

Asuka then turned around and glared at Kaworu. "You, you and that angel Lillith caused this didn't you.

Why I should knock you block off!" Asuka lunged forward at Kaworu who simply stepped back as

the officer grabbed and restrained Asuka.

"Now I'm just as much a victim here, though I'm here more for penance that a new life."

Kaworu put his arms up to fend off Asuka's slapping attack on that now seemingly hapless boy.

After several more police officers arrived and calmed the Fiery German girl down and bandaged up a now smarting Kaworu,

they sent both children to headquarters and called Gendo Ikari who then broke the news to one Kyoto Soryu.

Within 12 hours, Kyoto Soryu was on her way to Osaka in the company of Gendo and Shinji Ikari.

They had just found a large apartment, when Yui called them about the news of the two found in Osaka.

As they talked to a now upset Kyoto, it was decided that Gendo and Shinji would accompany Kyoto to pick up

who she knew was her daughter and another child she had a feeling was... somehow connected to her.

All three now knew what was happening, that last of the saviors were to be given a second chance at life.

As Kyoto sat on the plane a repeat of the day before started, except it was Kyoto who was nervous.

Not just on who she was about to meet, but of what changes will affect her life.

She had just separated from her husband, and now has a daughter with one on the way.

Shinji was just as nervous as not only would he meet Asuka again, but Kaworu as well.

He knew instantly from what Gendo had described that other than the hair color,

it was he boy who he had killed, for all of this to come about.

On the good side, Kaworu and Asuka would have a chance at a normal life,

but the guilty feelings were welling up in the nervous boy.

He turned to his father, and Gendo gave him a calming caring look.

He was still not use to getting that from him. But was appreciating it more and more as the flight continued.

Then after they landed, they were taken to the same hotel and when they saw them waiting in the lobby.

Kyoto didn't know what hit her as a crying Asuka glomped her right there in the lobby.

Both women were crying and smiling at the same time.

Asuka in seeing that her mother was alive in this earth, while Kyoto seeing what her unborn child would look like as a teen.

Kaworu then came up and offered his hand to Shinji. Shinji was speechless but eventually, hesitantly took his hand and shook it.

As all this was going on, Gendo was taken aside by the police officer, who gave him some interesting blood work results.

It was standard procedures for unknown people to be tested for blood and fingerprints when they are found in the manner that the

children were.

The police had done similar tests on Rei and Shinji when they first arrived.

Those tests confirmed the two teens being siblings.

Then the surprise came, the results confirmed that Asuka… and Kaworu were genetically siblings as well.

"Ah, Kyoto, Asuka, and Kaworu, I think you'd better see this!" Then Gendo handed the results to them.

"OH" (Kyoto), Surprised.

"My" (Asuka), confirming what happened earlier.

"God" (Kaworu) with a rye smile! Was said out loud by all three in succession,

followed by two loud thumps, and Kaworu chuckling !

"I've never seen that happen before." Shinji said, Gendo just nodded to agree with his son.

After the women were revived from their fainting spell, they all had to take in the news, that they were all related.

"Oh that's just great. Not only do I have to deal with Baka Shinji here," She pointed to him with a sneer,

"But now, I have to live with a former angel who has the same genes as me?" Asuka then grumbled some more.

Kyoto then said, "Well there is the good news that you will all be going to the same school."

"The same school, with him and wonder girl? Where Momma?" asked a puzzled Asuka.

"The prestigious Kisaragi boys and girls High schools. My old Alma mater." stated Kyoto

"Kisaragi, you mean the school that was on the news the other day for having that all girls baseball team reached Koshien, and the

first round of the national high school tournament?" asked an exited Shinji.

Music and Baseball was the only interests that he had. He loved playing it, but never was on a team because of his small stature and

his demeanor. But to be able to see them play daily. It made Shinji very exited.

He'd remember that as part of an assignment, he learned about the exploits of this team and he saw himself as privileged to attend the

same school.

"Well don't think that you'll be there to bother all the girls there, you pervert. I'll make sure you don't, since I Asuka Langley Soryu

will make damn sure you won't." A smirky smile crossed her face ash she eyed the now forlorned boy.

"Oh that's just great." was all Shinji said, dejectedly, as they helped Asuka,

and Kaworu to the waiting taxi to the airport.

Next Chapter: Of School and New Challenges

Now that the four ex Eva pilots have made it to their new home, will school be any different to them, and what challenges await

them? Well for those who have been waiting for the crossover, it will be in this chapter! So, stay tuned to be surprised!

Sorry for the ending being a little lame. Don't worry the next chapter will make up for it as Asuka meets Isumi, Ryo, and the rest of

the Kisaragi Girl's baseball team! Hope that was enough of a hint!

dennisud