Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Angelus Errare ❯ Prologue: Amy's shattered heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angelus Errare - where angels lose their way

[Give a Reason Evangelion style]

written by: mystlady [mbmflipsyahoo.com]

All standard disclaimers apply. Angelus Errare from Chronos Cross game.

Warning: Ami Mizuno/Mercury centric with multiple pairings. Ratings/summaries are subject to change. Rated PG 13 for the thoughts of suicide mentioned below. OOC-ness mentioned for Amy Mizuno/Sailor Mercury's part.

Acknowledgement: SM/Neon Genesis Evangelion x-over based on a GaR version concept by Sailor Ronin Usa-chan. [Given full permission to use - just ask her! Kudos Usa-chan!]

Summarization: Amy Mizuno begins to question her abilities as a doctor when she failed to attempt to save the life of her loved one. Heartbroken and consumed with guilt, she unable to cope with her own life and Neo-Queen Serenity does something the unthinkable. A controversial decision granted forsaking above all else that could forever changed her life and her undoing. More summaries to follow.

[Prologue: Amy's shattered heart]

30th century, Crystal Tokyo

She would never be the same again.

It's been six days went by since Greg's funeral. Her supposed fiancé that she claimed to love beyond life now gone and buried has been peacefully laid to rest. She was a monster and a murderer. A proclaimed hero blessed with immense powers to defend the innocent and a gifted doctor but she wasn't able to save her own loved ones in the end. She was a failure and disappointment justifying her pitiful incompetence.

"Amy…Amy…" She heard a soft female voice through the intercom, coming from her outside quarters.

"Coming," Amy replied, trying to sound humanly as possible. Her eyes were still swollen from crying during these last six days, mourning for the lost love that continued to haunt her. She wiped the last remaining traces of tears trickling down on her cheeks.

Shifting the bed covers away; she swung her legs off the bed and lowered them unto the ground. As if in trance, she walked barefooted on the cold marble floor to answer the persistent doorbell ringing loudly. By a single touch of a button, the sliding doors opened easily and a group of women about Amy's age showed up at the entrance with a concerned look on their faces.

There was a brief moment of hesitation. "Amy…" Mina spoke up at last, breaking the silence. For the first time, her friends stood by helplessly unable to give words of comfort. Shock, denial, anger and sadness still lingered on their faces. No one could have comprehended the tragic incident that took place.

Wordlessly, she gestured them all inside the dim, lifeless room and they trotted along in hushed silence. Still contemplating in her own wandering thoughts, Amy stared into the distance such grief in her eyes. Her friends tried not to succumb to their feelings. They came all together as one, to share the loss and tragedy but also to help their friend, Amy in a desperate need of support.

"Amy, please talk to us." Raye pleading for her to understand, gazing into the depths of Amy's troubled eyes. She kindly reached out her hand but Amy seemed oblivious to her surroundings.

"It's not your fault. No one blames you for anything." Lita said softly, a heart to heart talk with Amy confiding her troubles to them. "It was an accident. You did everything in your power to save him."

Amy shook her head apprehensively. "No… It wasn't enough. I was irresponsible and weak." She peered down into her hands as if it's been soiled. These same hands held unto the life of an innocent man. That she killed. "Don't make me remember… Please, I beg you" She whispered agonizingly, blocking the unwanted memories from her mind. She was in a verge of crying, the overwhelming guilt and shame tormenting her once more.

"Amy?" She abruptly got up, ending the conversation leaving her friends mystified.

She slowly approached a cabinet full of awards for her recognition and work in the past. An award that no longer meaningful and value to her as she clutched hard at a medal. "Science has no room in this world." She stated sadly, frowning. She hurled the object towards the cabinet, shattering the glass into tiny pieces.

She denounced her faith that day…

This was the end. She knew it. "This is what death feels like," She whispered. She rejoiced and welcomed it to end her pain. It was unbearable. The truth hurt too much. She needed to escape, her only means of salvation. Amy Mizuno - the dependable, reliable and super genius of the group that others entrusted upon her for guidance and wisdom. Sweet irony! It was just pretence. She was no hero. In the end, she couldn't even save herself.

She took this final step that there could be no turning back. This was her fate that she must accept without any regrets. She shed her last tears of hope. These useless tears can't bring back the dead into the land of living. Her lover departed into this world and beyond. Now, she must join him forever in death.

She could only pray that one day, they might someday find in their hearts to forgive her. Her friends were so capable of understanding and kindness. They would respect her decision.

Soon, peace settled into a deep sleep as darkness engulfed her. Her last thoughts imprinted in her heart and mind. A memory filled with everlasting love and happiness that would last a lifetime. Her close-knit group of friends whom she considered her family would never be forgotten.

A wail of despair echoed inside the royal throne room. A regal looking woman slumped on her seat, clutching at a small gem in her hand. The crystal emitted a powerful beam of light.

"Oh Amy...Oh Amy... What have I done?" Neo-Queen Serenity sobbed uncontrollably. It was done. Amy's request was granted in exchange for a new life, carrying the burden of her sorrow.

[End prologue - To be continued]

[Next chapter - The kindness of a stranger, Kaworu Nagisa]