Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hilda was all but silent as she felt what had happened... three God Warriors slain in battle... she couldn't believe it.

"Hilda..."

Someone's hand was on her shoulder, and she looked up to see Sigurd standing there. "Please, be strong. They died for their dream of a new world order... we'll still win. We have Odin on our side, after all."

Hilda nodded. "Yes... if worst comes to worse, those four will discover the terror of the Odin Robe... and I myself will deliver retribution."
_
"Alright! No trouble in this house either!" Cecil cheered happily as he, Charybdis, and Isaac ran out of the Nibelung house unimpeded... the house had been a work of art, possessing quite a bit of style in it, but nobody, not even Megrez Delta had been there. "Three to go!"

"But we'll have to keep our guard up more than ever, though," Isaac pointed out. "We've got the three strongest God Warriors to go. Just hope Fenrir is okay..."

"He'll be fine," Charybdis plainly stated. "If he fell, he'd have grabbed onto something."

The snowstorm was getting fierce now, and as they kept running, they began seeing the Jormungandr house in the distance. "On your guard, everyone!" Charybdis commanded as she kicked down the door.

They were rather surprised to see their opponent standing there, Thor Jormungandr, the God Warrior of the Phecda Gamma star.

"None shall pass," he stated as he readied his warhammer. The fight was three against one, but of all the God Warriors, his physical strength was unmatched... they would all die painful deaths.

Cecil clenched his fists as he recalled his initial confrontation against the giant what seemed to be years ago... it had been over in a second... Cecil attacking and Thor countering with his hammer...

"You two, go. I've got unfinished business," Cecil said as he charged. Isaac and Chary charged to, the former running to the left side of the room while the latter ran to the right to clear past Thor.

Cecil struck with a Shadow Viking Tiger Claw, Thor striking out with his hammer and throwing it, but Cecil dodged to the side and rolled past Thor.

"Tough luck," Cecil said as he kicked out, only for Thor to grab his leg and throw him into a wall. Thor's hammer immediately shot back with incredible speed, splitting in two and aimed right at Chary and Isaac.

The two Mariners turned just in time for the attacks to hit them in the head. They collapsed on the ground, unconscious as Thor smirked. His hammer returned to his hand, and he reunited the parts and then looked around at the damage.

"Three down... one to go."

"I'm not dead yet," Cecil groaned as he got back up to his feet after a bit of struggle. His fight against Syd had been a few hours ago... he was feeling better, but he wondered if he could fight again so soon. Then again, by looking at Charybdis and Isaac's unconscious forms, he realized he was the only one who could.

Thor shrugged as Cecil, in his Alcor Zeta armor, stood defiantly against him.

"You really want this rematch, don't you?"

"Yeah," Cecil answered as he nodded.

"Then you die. Mjollniric Hammers!" Thor again lashed out with the two hammers, Cecil throwing himself on the ground to dodge before shooting forward at Thor and kicking. He swatted Cecil away, grabbed his returning hammers, and then sent them at Cecil's still-airborne body.

Oh crap... Cecil thought, but he spun in the air, punching at both of them and knocking them away, although his fists felt like they were on fire and his gauntlets cracked too.

Thor seemed impressed as his hammers fell to the ground and clapped twice in sarcasm. "Well done... that's the first time somebody stopped me from bashing their brains in like that. Of course, I have other means of killing you."

"Like... like what?" Cecil panted as he tried to catch his breath.

Thor grinned as he pulled back a fist and punched out. A bolt of lightning sliced through the house's ceiling and struck Thor's arm, but he then slammed it into Cecil's smaller form, overjoyed at the screams of pain her heard.

"Dammit... Syd was nowhere near this guy's strength..." Cecil muttered as he got up to his feet. "There's got to be a weak point in his strike..."

"Far from it," Thor said as Cecil coughed up a bit of blood. "The 'Thundering Titan' specifically gathers up all the power of my namesake from the great Phecda Gamma star... someone as lowly as the Alcor Zeta God Warrior couldn't hope to stop it." He pulled back for another strike, wondering why Cecil was standing his ground. Didn't he know how stupid that was?

"Bring it," Cecil defiantly said, tensing his body for this moment of truth.

Thor pulled back his fist and let out a quick laugh. "If you insist..." He struck out with speed that would have been normally impossible for a man his height, but Cecil held his ground.

And then a sudden gust of wind hit him, slowing Thor's speed down dramatically. His charge stopped one step away from Cecil, who grinned and pushed the fist of the shocked God Warrior away.

"You were saying?" Cecil asked as he cocked his head sideways. "Oh well... Ankoku Moko Reppu Shiden KEN!"

He buried his fist in Thor's face, sending him flying away and smashing through the entirety of the Jormungandr house out the other end.

"That took care of him..."

But Cecil was horrified to see Thor stand up after that, little worse for wear and suddenly charged back.

"THUNDERING TITAN!"

The attack this time hit dead-on, sending Cecil spiraling out of control and knocking him into the snow.
_
"There!" Fenrir shouted triumphantly as he kicked his way out of the Nibelung house. He had been worried he would have had to fight again, sans God Robe, but thankfully not. And partly due to the cold weather freezing his body and stopping the bleeding, as well as the adrenaline he was still running on, he was catching up to the others too.

Unfortunately, a figure grinned as Fenrir ran out of the house, readying his crystal sword.
_
Cecil groaned in agony as he pulled himself up, seeing Thor standing above him, hammer ready to be smashed down. Cecil's arms ached, he could believe this was how it was going to end...

"Cecil!"

The Alcor Zeta and Phecda Gamma God Warriors looked at the origin of the voice, Cecil grinning as he saw Fenrir standing there, battered but alive. He immediately used Thor's temporary distraction to good use, slamming his fists into Thor's knees and bringing the giant down for a quality Ankoku Moko Reppu Shiden Ken to the face, smashing Thor into a snowdrift.

"You okay?" Cecil asked as Fenrir nodded.

"I'll be sore in the morning, but I'm fine for the moment." He looked over to see Chary and Isaac picking themselves off before a hand burst through the snow. "Jeez... that guy doesn't give up, does he?"

Cecil shook his head. "No... just get Charybdis and Isaac out of here, I'll handle Thor."

Fenrir ran off as Thor got back to his feet, still showing hardly any signs of injury. Cecil raised his arms up to fight, Thor looking dead serious.

"I won't lose to you... Lady Hilda needs me."

"I'm sure," Cecil answered.

"You doubt me, don't you?" Thor asked, grinning when he realized this Bodu bastard had no clue as to the source of his great strength and power. "My faith in Lady Hilda spurs me on for a new future... a world where she reigns supreme and wrenches control of this planet from Athena and her Saints. And with the Odin Robe in our possession and Poseidon's kingdom destroyed, that most certainly will happen." He pulled back his fist, Cecil getting ready for the attack, but it was still too late.

"THUNDERING TITAN!"

The fist plowed straight into Cecil, slamming him into the ground again, but Thor was surprised to see Cecil get back onto his feet.

"This great faith, eh?" Cecil grunted as he wiped the blood from his mouth. "Sounds pretty baseless to me."

"She is ruler of Asgard!" Thor barked, "She is like a goddess to me!"

"Go to hell!" Cecil shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Thor. "I met a god, and he certainly had no grand schemes of controlling the whole planet, dammit! Hades entrusted us to do what mortals are meant to: shape our futures! I don't care if I'm a God Warrior or not, and neither does Fenrir! We do what we want for this whole planet's benefit!"

Another Thundering Titan caused Cecil to scream in pain as he was smashed through a tree.

"Small words from a weak man," Thor said as he walked away, stopping when he suddenly felt... it. He turned to see Cecil again on his feet, fists clenched defiantly.

"If all you do is punch me all the time, this fight is already over," Cecil said as he charged. "Shadow Viking-"

"Thundering-"

"TIGER CLAW!"

"TITAN!"

The two God Warriors collided then separated, Cecil landing peacefully as a look of horror appeared on Thor's face...

... As his arm split into a dozen pieces and fell on the ground in a bloody pile.

"Call it quits, Thor," Cecil said as he saw the man turn around, clutching his bloody arm. "If you stop, you might actually have the time to stop the blood loss."

Thor shook his head. "No... it's my duty to Hilda to fight till I die... and that is what I'll do. This..." Thor said proudly as his strength increased dramatically, energy crackling around him. "This is true courage. THUNDERING TITAN!" He punched out, noticing a single tear fall from Cecil's eyes.

And then Cecil caught the punch effortlessly.

"No..." he quietly said, "That is cowardice... fear to not think and live for yourself."

And then in one swift movement, Cecil decapitated him before walking away... one of the most loyal God Warriors nothing more than a bleeding cadaver on the ground.