Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 36 ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fuyutski collapsed forward as he looked down in shock. He couldn't win. Every Plagas-based creature sent at Aiacos and von Karma was literally being bashed apart by the King of Prosecutors.

And if the Hakkeshu were in Atlantis, killing the Coronas to drive Ambrosia off the deep end, getting killed off one-by-one until either Shinji or Rei remained and became a perfect life form... there was no way they'd get back here in time...

"Fuyutski!"

He looked up, Aiacos and Franziska having just reached his office.

"There's a number of things we want answers for," Aiacos stated, noticing Fuyutski was reaching for a gun. "Just try it."

Fuyutski shook his head. "No... the King is dead..." He quickly put the gun to his head, "Long live the King." He flipped a switch nearby him before pulling the trigger and blowing his brains out.

As expected for any self-destruct button, red lights suddenly began flashing everywhere, the two of them looking around as Aiacos chanced a glance down a window... it was at least one hundred and fifty stories... probably two hundred and fifty...

"Higashi... in case you haven't noticed, this place most likely is going to explode in a few minutes... with should actually be running."

"I'm getting into character," Aiacos responded, taking out a walkman and putting it on. "Nothing gets me more into the 'running for my life' mood like Benny Hill. And besides, for such an impossible task like running down the side of a building... I need all the prep time I can get."

"Running down... a-" she was cut off as Aiacos grabbed her by the waist, slung Franziska over her shoulder, and charged the window. "HIGASHIIIIIIIII!!!"
_
Minos flipped over another of Mizuki's attacks, landing near his armor that immediately flew back on.

"It's still pointless," Mizuki said. "No string and now you're seven times slower. Piece of cake." She charged, slashing with her wand, which Minos gracefully responded with by grabbing her wrist and throwing her up in the air.

"GRIFFON FLAP!" He then marked a letter 'X' on the ground and walked away. "In three seconds, you'll land there... probably die too." He turned and moved towards the pillar, not being surprised at the sounds of Mizuki hitting hard. He charged at the pillar, only for another group of hands to reach up from the ground and grab him. "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

He was pulled through, again appearing high in the sky and hitting the ground, although this time he did a hand-spring and took flight, looking down at a bloody and weary Mizuki.

"As long..." she panted, "As long as this pillar stands, then it means that Lady Ambrosia's plans will not fail. I don't care how many of your friends fight her... they'll all die! I'll stonewall you... and I'll overcome everything you try, Griffon Specter!"

Minos looked at her and surprisingly, nodded in approval.

"Very well then, I know where these emotions are coming from. I really don't care though. It makes people do stupid things some times... it'll still be the right thing, but stupid."

"Shut up!" Mizuki shouted as she spread her arms, a flurry of electrical bolts shooting every which way. Minos dodged and weaved through them, charging at Mizuki, but she raised her hands again. "MAKAI TEMPEST!"

The blast hit Minos, again turning him into a living pinball and bashing him around before hitting the ground. Mizuki charged at him, ready to deliver a fatal stab, but Minos suddenly sprang up at her. She fired another electrical blast at him, grinning as it connected.

"Perfect... Polymorph."

She snapped her fingers, and Minos turned into a small, potbelly pig... a perfect target as Mizuki readied her wand.

WHAM!

The Minos-pig had rammed into her, hitting the girl in the face and biting her noise before springing away. She growled in frustration before raising her hand. "MAKAI TYPHOON!"

Dozens of spheres shot out of her hand. Minos had trouble surviving just one at a time... in his pig-form he'd have no-

Mizuki dropped her jaw.

The little porker was dodging every one of them without any effort whatsoever!

Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke, and Minos stood once again as a human, grinning in all honesty. "Nice try... my Surplice protected me, at least partially upon being transformed... my mindset, plus all my strength carried over. And fighting with all that power, while barely weighing anything... I honestly would have liked to keep fighting like that, to tell you the truth."

"SHUT UP!" Mizuki roared, a strong wind blowing up as a fearsome demon-like image appeared behind her. "I'LL KILL YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"

She charged, wand at the ready again. She stabbed out, Minos staring her right in the eye...

Before promptly grabbing the wand in his hand and taking a deep breath.

"That may be the case, but you can't do it today." He said evenly, his Surplice's wings spreading wide. "Annihilation Flap."

They then beat loudly, blowing Mizuki meters away, her wand still in his hand as he looked at it.

It was about time to get his string back.

Mizuki could only watch as he slowly began tracing an object in the air with the wand, a twelve-sided shape with each point coinciding with one of the numbers on a clock. Minos moved the wand to the 12 o'clock position, then the 7, then the 2, then the 6, and finally back to 12.

"I spent six months here... four years ago. I learned a few things, just in case."

Mizuki shook her head and charged again, but it was too late.

Minos blasted by her, punching her in the head before walking away. "Cosmic Marionette."

Her body rose up into the air, immediately contorting itself and bones audibly popping out of place before she collapsed on the ground, unable to move. Minos pointed at the pillar as a flurry of strings shot from his finger, demolishing it. He then turned and began walking towards Main Breadwinner before stopping.

He turned at Mizuki's crumpled, body... the miko in tears.

"Life hurts," Minos stated, his voice drifting off at the end as if there was a subject he didn't have the courage to bring up. "But it hurts more when we keep doing the wrong things."

He turned and walked away, ignoring Rajoshin's more and more audible sobs.