Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 38 ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Motion Stop! The Sea Dragon does the impossible!

Shinji slammed into a building, window glass shattering and embedding in his head and back. Hitting the ground, he grinned, ripping the shards out and then grasping the sides of his head and clawing off a layer of skin.

"It feels so good!" He shouted, blood pouring down his face. "This power... you have no idea what it could possibly be like!"

He sprang at Chary, who raised her arms up in defense. Shinji slashed with his Progress blade, but Chary's arms lashed out, catching both sides of his arm and stopping the attack cold.

Another kick to the head knocked Shinji into the water again.

"Thanks, but the support of those I care about is all I really need and want. Plus..." Chary grinned, "Since my little sister's spirit is supporting me and letting me use her Scale..." She snapped her fingers. "Merciless Six."

Six white sea snakes burst out of the water around Shinji, lunging with each head either biting down on the legs, arms, neck, or torso. Chary hoped she was finally getting somewhere to taking Ikari down as she heard screams of protest from him...

But she was mistaking them for shouts of exertion, and eventually, all six spiritual heads of Scylla were ripped clean off, Shinji standing in a bloody mess that ironically radiated power.

"You stupid girl," Shinji said, "It doesn't matter how many times you hit me, I just get stronger after every single one! In fact, I doubt there's anything you could do to me now to actually kill me at all!" He charged Charybdis, who sprang away. Shinji went after her, slashing with Progress as Charybdis continually backed up, ducking horizontal slashes, side-stepping vertical ones, and blocking everything else he sent, which only frustrated the boy more and more.

Charybdis finally kicked him back into the water and jumped after him and decided it was time to blow Shinji's mind away...

When Shinji regained his bearings he could believe what he was seeing. Chary was standing on the water.

"A Mariner can never lose when she's in her element," Charybdis stated. "And as the legend of the mythical Charybdis goes, all that came into contact with her whirlpool met nothing but death."

Shinji snorted. "What a farce... you're still nothing compared to the power of a T-series Plagas!" He jumped in the air, gathering up energy before pointing down at Charybdis... now merely a speck on the ground. "SERAPHIM WING FLURR-"

He was stopped as Charybdis suddenly appeared above him magically, hitting him dead-on with a Kairyunagi. Shinji hit the ground hard, leaving a gigantic indent in a building as Charybdis landed gracefully in front of him.

"Since I'm wearing a Scale in perfect condition," Charybdis stated to a by-now horrified Shinji with a nearly sadistic grin on her face, "I can use One World's full power. And since you're just so petrified with fear..."

She spread her arms, shouting out, "Motion Stop: ONE WORLD!"

Nothing seemed to change Shinji, and he quickly tried to stand up... except he couldn't. Charybdis looked down at him and explained happily.

"You're dead... with One World's full power, plus the time to gather my focus, I've effectively folded space around you, so no matter how you move your body, your exact potion in the fabric of space-time will not change whatsoever."

She pulled back her hands, cocking another grin. "REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!" She fired off innumerable ripples as Shinji tried in vain to close his eyes at the assault, except they all stopped less than a centimeter away from him. "That's the beauty of it... until I change my mind, I'm also folding space so all my attacks will hit you at the exact same time. You honestly didn't think I'd underestimate your powers and trust a few Kairyunagis to kill you? For shame... for shame..." She readied Gram next, slashing down. "WORLD FINGER!" Various razor-sharp ripples flew at Shinji next, again stopping right before his eyes.

"And lastly... in tribute of my little sister, Calypso Tiamet..."

"MERCILESS SIX! MERCILESS SIX! MERCILESS SIX! MERCILESS SIX! MERCILESS SI..."

And so it continued for five whole minutes, Charybdis amassing in front of Shinji's eyes a wall of destruction that was about to hit into him... and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

After finally deciding the force of her single, end-all attack would be enough, Charybdis turned and walked away.

"Motion Return: One World."

Charybdis turned, relieved... the carnage she had inflicted had been so forceful, she knew Shinji was dead. The shredded and scattered remains of the boy were a nice sign too.

The Scylla Scale suddenly glowed yellow around her and shot off into the sky, Chary watching it go away.

"Thank you, Calypso. I hope to see you soon."
_
Ambrosia opened her eyes. Poseidon was almost dead... the Ocean God, as resilient as he was to his own element, was not immune to drowning, and she knew her victory would be assured... in spite of the three youths mistaking idiocy for bravery that were about to come into view.

"AMBROSIA!" Cecil shouted. She turned to face him, Fenrir, and Isaac, and shrugged. "This is it for you!"

She shook her heads as white armor formed around her. "No... it's the end for you three... Raising your hands against a goddess, only tragedy can come from that." A spear, also white with a shimmering golden blade at the end appeared in her hand. "You face the World-creator, Amenonuhoko. And my symbol..." she snapped her finger as the image of a white lion with a single horn on its head appeared behind her, "Is a Kirin... the cross between a Lion and a Unicorn. Although it gets very little coverage in popular culture, it is the most powerful of all Japanese creatures, and a good omen for travelling heroes. I think it poetic irony that it will be the last thing you ever see."

They charged at her, but Ambrosia smiled.

"PROMINANCE!"

A blast of fire came from her, blowing all three of them back.

"Dammit..." Fenrir growled, "That hit like nothing I ever experienced..."

Isaac shook his head. "Don't worry... I'll bet my Scale that one Freezing Coffin will win this for us!"