Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 69 ( Chapter 69 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Scorpio Temple had changed greatly since Fenrir had looked around it yesterday... statues of scorpions everywhere, many of them tearing apart men. He was surprised at the brutality of it... the others hadn't been that bad.

"So you're the God Warrior that took down all my teammates."

Fenrir rolled away then turned back to see Milo standing there... How'd he sneak up on me?!? He raised his fists up. "Yeah... and I don't care if you're a Gold Saint. I'm not budging."

Milo shook his head. "You will. I give you a single choice... surrender or die."

"LIKE HELL! BUSTER WOLF!"

Fenrir charged, punching at Milo, who simply bent out of the way and pointed at him. "Restriction."

Fenrir's body suddenly locked up on him and then a small, red burst of energy shot through his leg. Suddenly movement returned to his body, but he collapsed onto his knees just by the absurd pain of it.

"Don't think little of me just for becoming a Gold Saint less than ten minutes ago. I still am on-level with all the other Gold Saints," Milo said as Fenrir jumped away in shock, cursing the fact Shaina STILL had his headpiece. Milo shrugged, teleporting behind him and putting his hand on Fenrir's shoulder. "You can't beat me. Period."

Getting hit in the back hard, Fenrir sailed into a wall and slowly pulled himself off of it. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Milo laughed, his long blue hair hiding his eyes for a moment before he moved it out of the way. "That attack was the Scarlet Needle... the first of fifteen attacks directed at pressure points on your body. Each needle I land is more painful than all the previous needles put together. And if you're still on your feet and refusing to submit to the pain after needle 14, I'll use Scarlet Needle Antares... the star in the heart of the Scorpio constellation... fittingly aimed at your heart. But I doubt it will come to that."

"How's that?"

Milo shrugged. "Each Scarlet Needle is also very poisonous... most enemies of previous Scorpio Saints barely survived four or five of them. Now I'll say again... defeat or death... which one do you choose?!?"

"NEITHER! DEAD HOWLING!"

Milo raised his hand up without fear. "Restriction."

The attack froze, Fenrir staggering back in shock as Milo teleported in front of him again. Another Scarlet Needle pierced his body, this time hitting the upper-left part of his chest. Fenrir could not believe the pain his body was suffering from as Milo passively looked at him.

"My only Gold-Saint ability I have not yet truly mastered is telekinesis... or so the others think. I prefer to just use Restriction to stop attacks and the like that come at me. It is the perfect shield. And my needles are the perfect sword. SURRENDER OR DIE ALREADY!"

"THAT'S NOT AN OPTION!" Fenrir shouted as Milo pointed at him again.

"THEN SUFFER!"

The third blast shot out, but Fenrir wasn't even paying attention... he was smashing his fist into the temple floor, knocking tiles into the air.

"Amateur."

The third Scarlet Needle shot through the impromptu barrier... but Milo wasn't graced with the screams of Fenrir...

"HI THERE!"

Milo turned just in time to catch a Dead Howling to the gut, the wolf-shaped blast sending him backwards as Fenrir charged again, a multitude of wolves appearing behind him. "NORTHERN GUNROU KEN!"

"RESTRICTION!" Milo screamed out, raising his hand up, but it was too late.

Fenrir jumped in the air, firing off another Death Howling while Milo was desperately trying to stop all of the others. The impact from the aerial attack seemed to do some damage, but just as Fenrir was about to celebrate, Milo teleported in front of his airborne opponent and finally connected with the third Scarlet Needle, shooting a precise and small hole in Fenrir's left arm. The pain was worse than ever, and Fenrir fell to the ground hard.

"Clever. But still futile. You can barely get up after three... how can you possibly hope to continue fighting like this?"

Fenrir reached up, feeling his bloody injuries... they were so small... yet at the same time so absurdly painful...

Looking up at Milo and glaring, Fenrir let the blood on his hands drip on the floor. "I won't falter or back down. I'm going to win here."

"How? It took two of your teammates to beat the Ophiuchus Gold Saint."

"You mean Shaina? Yeah, Radamanthys told me about that..." Fenrir said as he formed a loose stance. "That being said, you're not Shaina. And unlike others of my lineage, if any are still alive, this Volsung doesn't run away when things get ugly." Memories of that bear mauling much of his family flashed before his eyes again, but he didn't show any weakness to Milo. He had shed enough tears on that already. Everyone was counting on him... he could trust Cecil and the others to lock down the Kamui once they won them. Nobody here could be trusted that much.

"I keep sounding like a broken record here... but do you choose death or submission?" Milo asked, realizing this kid was too stubborn for his own good. He had to speed up the process... and he knew how.

"Who's death or submission? If it's submission, I say you. If it's death, I say that crooked Pope here."

Milo's eyes narrowed in rage as he charged. "DON'T EVER SPEAK ILL OF THE POPE EVER!"

He blasted by Fenrir due to his lightspeed powers, Volsung suddenly feeling like crap as his entire body screamed out in pain, Milo teleporting in front of him and kicking him to the left, blood spewing everywhere as he was sent smashing into a pillar.

"YOU... YOU BASTARD! YOU GODDAMN BASTARD! INSULTING SOMEONE TWENTY TIMES THE MAN YOU ARE, SOME LITTLE CUR!" Milo pointed at Fenrir. "SCARLET NEEDLE ELEVEN!!!"

ELEVEN!?! Fenrir thought, trying to jump to his right, although another Restriction stopped him long enough for another hole to be shot through his body. Fenrir collapsed on the ground, Milo walking up to him and looked down as Fenrir tried to crawl away.

"I gave you seven needles at the same time..." he said as Fenrir's progress was stopped as Milo smashed his foot into the God Warrior's back, cracking his God Robe in the process. "And you're still alive... this is a dishonor to Sanctuary!" He pointed down, firing another three needles into Fenrir's back. "There... no more hand-holding. You deserve a quick and painful death."

He shot down, and then all he saw was blood.
_
"FENRIR!" Elly shouted out in pain and worry, causing Mana, Asuka, and Horoki to look at her in surprise as they sat at a booth at the Japanese "Anne Miller" restaurants.

"Fenrir?" Mana said, raising an eyebrow. "What caused that outburst?"

"I... I dunno..." Elly said, seeing Horoki and Asuka were just as surprised. "I just... it feels as if Fenrir... Fenrir's about to die!"

The three of them looked at her for a moment before a hand fell on Elly's shoulder. She looked up to see a boy about Fenrir's age, with long, silvery-grey hair smile before nodding at Kirishima and leaning over to kiss her gently.

"Don't worry," Lune soothed, "Fenrir's not one to just lay down and die."
_
Milo screamed in frustration, his quarry having managed to throw some of his own blood into Milo's eyes at the very last second. The gesture stung a great deal, and when he finally could get a good look... he saw that Fenrir was jumping from pillar to pillar to his left.

"You... just die!" Milo lunged at Fenrir, his right hand's index and middle fingers glowing red as he reached Fenrir, who had suddenly touched down on the ground.

"SCARLET NEEDLE ANTARES!"

He struck out, Fenrir turning just in time and with a grin on his face.

"That doesn't scare me."

Milo's hand shot out at Fenrir's heard, but then there was a battle cry of "ORA!!!!!!!!!", and then a bone-crushing fist shooting up into Milo's right hand, smashing into it.

The sound of bones breaking was heard loud and clear as another punch, accompanied by another "ORA!" as Milo was punched in the face, staggering backwards.

Im... impossible... Milo thought as he suffered another Mach 8 punch. He... he used the blood he spilled in my temple to create the necessary image of Ursa Major!!!

"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!!!!!!!" Fenrir screamed, not wasting this moment. It could very easily be his only chance to beat Milo... and one final punch sent Milo flying up into the air, smashing into the ceiling of his temple before hitting the ground. Fenrir grinned in victory as Milo landed...

But then he got up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"Fan... fantastic!" Milo shouted as he looked down at his arm. His hand was clearly broken... and the time it would take healing it would be plenty of time for Fenrir to hammer him with another Legendary Wolf punch sequence. "You... you're the first person in recorded history to ever conquer a Scorpio Saint's Scarlet Needle sequence! If it weren't for the weakening effects of the other fourteen needles in you... that ploy would have actually worked!"

"Thanks... I guess..." Fenrir answered, glad he wouldn't have to worry about any more of those needles.

Milo then tapped his temple with his left hand. "Of course... don't think this fight is anywhere near over yet." The only plausible reason for Fenrir still being alive after fourteen needles was his life in the wilderness of Asgard... without medicine or antidotes, the only way for him to survive snakebites and eating raw meat would be a liver that could probably laugh off a BAC content of 99.9%. So fourteen needles, no matter how painful, could be overcome with sufficient willpower.

Of course, that liver was about to go down.

Milo charged at Fenrir, still glad he had the advantage in terms of speed and strength. "AZURE NEEDLE!"

A blue shot launched from Milo's left hand, again piercing Fenrir as he staggered forward in shock.

"Blue... blue needles?!?" Fenrir said as he turned in shock.

Milo laughed. "This whole sequence is starting over again. How fun is that?!?"