Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ 01 ❯ 01:2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

01:2

*

Disclaimer:I do not own Evangelion or any of the characters they are the property of their respective creators. Please be aware that no profit is being made from this work of fan fiction.

A/N: This was my first Evangelion fiction. Now as I am on my sixth work, presently I thank everyone who supported this story and took the time and effort to review. I now present you with this revised edition, now reformatted to meet the standards I have developed in my newer works and with the grammar (hopefully) sorted out.

Regards,

Hououza

*

In the mind of one Shinji Ikari all was not well…a vital part of him was lost and had been replaced with something…else. It was this…this thing dwelling inside him that had caused his eyes to change and begin a transformation that would change the future of the world.

'Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?'

Shinji screamed out into the dreamscape of his mind. A figure formed there, a dark shadow advancing towards him

'Who…?'

The words died as the darkness drew back to show him the figure before him

'But you're…'

In front of him stood an exact replica of him…yet the eyes were so much darker than his own, all the pain he had suffered in his short life bared to the world

'I am your pain. All the things you keep hidden deep inside given form. Now I will show that pain to them all…'

'What are you going to do?'

The shadow simply laughed at him

'Watch and see…'

*

Rei and Asuka could only watch as Shinji continued to scream, they had clasped their hands over their ears to try to block out the hideous sound. A few nurses had come at the sound and two of them were now trying desperately trying to hold him down while a third administered him with a sedative. Finally, the screaming stopped and he fell back onto the bed…

*

"Unit-01 has gone silent sir, also the pattern the MAGI picked up has vanished."

The commander spent the next few moments recovering from the shock of what happened. Now he was filled with an urgent need to find out how Unit-01's pattern could have been detected outside Nerv.

"What was the last known position of the pattern?"

Shigeru typed a few more commands into the console in front of him

"According to the Magi the pattern was located in…"

He blinked twice then typed a few more commands

"Report"

The commander's patience was wearing thin

"Sir...the location was pinpointed to the hospital…specifically the room where you're son is being held."

There was a terrible silence for a few moments before the commander's voice issued forth once more

"Doctor Akagi."

"Yes sir?"

"Report to the hospital immediately. Ascertain the status of the third child and then report back to me."

"Yes sir"

Gendo placed his hands folded in front of him

"Soon we will find out what has become of the third child"

Fuyutski shook his head at that comment

'You still cannot refer to him as your son, even now. This is not what Yui would have wanted…'

*

Rei and Asuka could only watch as Dr Akagi poked and prodded Shinji's sleeping form

"Hmmm…"

Both girls were shifting nervously. In the back of their minds they were fully aware of what they had done and the repercussions should they be found out. Rei, because she feared the Commander would deny her from seeing Shinji again and Asuka because she feared what the Commander would do to her for raping his son…

Finally Dr Akagi finished and pulled out a cell phone

"Hello, this is Dr Akagi. I am reporting on the status of the third child, I recommend that the third child be moved to Nerv and placed under secure watch. Whatever triggered this link between him and Unit-01 cannot be identified with the equipment I have here."

There was a pause and the Dr seemed to be listening to someone talking on the other end

"…There is another matter by I cannot discuss it here…no, it doesn't matter. I have already discussed the matter with the Commander."

Dr Akagi folder up her cell phone and placed it back in a pocket in her lab coat

"Please can you two girls accompany me back to Nerv, there are some tests I want to run…"

*

Elsewhere, twelve black monoliths where having a solemn conversation

"It seems that the scenario has been deviated from once more…Ikari has overstepped his bounds one too many times. We shall send him the seventeenth to remind him who is truly in charge."

The same reply echoed from each of the monoliths in turn.

"Agreed."

"So it shall be."

One by one, the monoliths faded until only one was left

"Soon it will all be over and the boundaries that separate us all will be brought to an end…"

*

Out in the ruined landscape of Tokyo-3 a single figure stood, his grey hair swaying in the breeze. He hummed a simple piece of music, 'Ode to Joy', as his red eyes looked down upon his reflection far below

"Shinji Ikari, the third child…we will meet soon."

*

Once again, Shinji was face to face with the other self

'Why? Why do you keep doing this?'

Once more, he was only answered by a cold hearted round of laughter

'Can you not see what they have done to you? These people?'

Images of his friends appeared drifting around them

'You're only value to them is that you pilot the Eva, you suffer so that they can be free of pain'

'No!'

'Yes, even your mother…'

'Mother? What about her?'

'She is here too, do you not remember? Here, let me show you…"

All the other images vanished to be replaced with a single one, a lone memory, the memory of the day his mother was absorbed by Unit-01…

'No…no! She can't be!"

'Mother is here with us, all along. She protects us so that her and father's dream can be fulfilled'

'She wouldn't…'

The mirrored self laughed again

'She did…but not for much longer.'

'What…what do you mean?'

'We are going to take her place, can you not see? We are becoming one with Eva, a union of spirit and flesh. We will give father what he has sought for so long and then we will bring all their dreams to an end'

'I don't understand! Why me?! Why must I always suffer?!'

Shinji fell to his knees, tears streaming from half closed eyes. His other self came closer, placing one hand under the others chin he lifted his head so they were eye to eye

'Soon it will all be at an end. Just a little longer and we will never have to suffer again…'