Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 35: Training Part II ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 35: Training Part II
 
I apologize for the delay on this chapter getting posted, I had some work emergencies come up and I didn't have time to finish it…
 
Emerald Edition Note: From now on, this story will be written in narrative. Please go back and check out my story from the beginning, it is being rewritten in narrative and being enhanced- it's like a brand new story. Also, I'm introducing three “new” characters into the story… the three technicians from the “Raising Shinji Ikari” game. I do put their names and some details about them into their introduction, but to see what they really look like, you'll have to search for a site that has pictures from the game.
 
 
The song “You Are” by Lionel Richie is copyrighted by Motown Records, 1983. The song “My Girl” by the Temptations is copyrighted by Motown Records, 1965.
 
I had the pleasure of meeting Tiffany Grant this past weekend at an anime convention in Wichita, Kansas. My friend Stephen and I got her a Hello Kitty guitar… if you want to check out pics of the guitar or a pic of the two of us, go to the myspace link on my profile. I also have two short videos that I took as well…
 
Thanks to Daniel and Stephen for their help on the chapter.
 
 
 
Early January 2016, Geofront of Tokyo 3
 
This period begins the massive training sessions that will prepare the pilots for their inevitable attack on SEELE's base. The first day of the new schedule has the six teens participating in karate, followed by basic weapons training. After a short break, they go down to the pool, where the instructor, Jack Matsumoto begins to teach them some more advanced techniques. After about an hour of being in the pool, there is another rest period before going to the battle simulator. Toji notices that Hikari is lost in thought, she's the last one out of the pool and she is slowly walking towards the women's locker room…
 
 
Toji walks up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. “Hey, is somethin' da matter? You look lost or somethin'…”
 
 
Hikari smiles, loving the warm feeling she's experiencing from this particular hold of Toji's… it's one of her favorites. She turns around and looks at Toji.
 
 
“Toji… I understand why we have to do all of this training… but still… picking up a gun and shooting it… it's a little hard for me to handle…” Hikari says softly.
 
 
The fourth child pauses for a moment to think of the right thing to say.
 
“Well, after what happened here before… I don't think the Commander wants to take any chances… I don't want somethin' to happen to my girl… and… and I feel better knowing that you can defend yourself Hikari…”
 
Hikari slowly shrugs her shoulders. “I guess you're right…”
 
“Well… I gotta run… if I'm late to dat battle sim, I'm sure Misato will yell at me…” Toji slowly lets go of Hikari. “By da way… I liked your karate outfit… you looked cute…”
 
Hikari blushes. “Thanks…” She places a kiss on his cheek. “I'll see you back in the apartment, okay?”
 
“Sure…”
 
 
With that, Hikari and Toji head off their separate ways…
 
A little while later, down in the simulator room, Kensuke is talking with Rei before the test begins using a private channel.
 
“Did you see what I mean, Rei? There's nothing like having a real gun in your hands and feeling the metal… the smells… I never thought I'd get to shoot off some of these weapons…” Kensuke says, barely able to contain his excitement.
 
“It did feel… different. I can understand your fascination with these weapons, Ken-kun. There appears to be a feeling of rebelliousness associated with them as well…” Rei says, voicing her observations.
 
“Um yeah… there is.”
 
“I feel like… like…”
 
“Like what?”
 
Rei grins. “Like kicking some butt.”
 
Kensuke smiles. “That's my girl…”
 
 
A familiar voice is heard a moment later, announcing the start of the test.
 
“Prepare for round one of three, pilots…” Maya says, not believing that she was asked to have the teens go through an extra round. `That's really draining… these simulations are very realistic.'
 
Asuka is the first to vocalize an objection. “Three rounds? Are you guys nuts? It's bad enough when we had to do two in a row… and these are getting harder each time…”
 
“It's the Commander's orders…” Maya says, trying to explain.
 
Misato looks down at the screens and sees Asuka fold her arms across her chest. `I need a way to get her spark going… so she won't complain… hmm…'
 
 
Misato pushes a nearby button to talk to the pilots. “I know you guys can do it… besides, I thought you didn't back down from a challenge, Asuka…”
 
Shinji can hear Asuka getting frustrated and knows what's going to happen next…
 
“What was that? Of course I'm not a quitter… I'll do these three rounds and be done before anyone else!” Asuka says defiantly.
 
“I know you will…” Misato says before she presses the button again. She sighs aloud and then sits down next to Maya.
 
“Did you really have to do that? She seems angry…” Maya says, commenting on what just happened.
 
“Just a little psychology… I know how Asuka works… and besides, she'd only hate me later if I let her cop out. I know she can handle it… she wants to get at SEELE more then any of the others…”
 
“I guess she would… since they…” Maya stops speaking to prevent her mind from recalling the horrible memories of Asuka's EVA being torn to shreds…
 
“Exactly…” Misato says softly. “She'd take them on all by herself if she had to…”
 
 
The simulations begin powering up and Kensuke takes a moment to talk to Toji. “Did you hear what Asuka said? It's gonna be tough to beat her time now…”
 
“You can say dat again… man, when that woman gets going… I feel sorry for anyone that gets in her way…” Toji replies back.
 
“Good luck man…”
 
“Good luck…”
 
Rei closes her eyes and prepares her mind for the upcoming simulation. Shinji opens a channel to Asuka…
 
“Are you okay, Asuka?”
 
“Of course… and Misato's right… I never back down from a challenge… never. You're going to finish them off quickly, right, Shin-chan? If we finish these sims quickly… maybe you and I can download some music off of that new computer Misato got this morning…”
 
“Good idea… I wanna get some more music for us to dance to…”
 
A mechanical voice is heard a moment later. “Five seconds to start…”
 
“Good luck, Shinji…”
 
“You too, Asuka…” Shinji says before he closes the channel and looks at the screen. `Lets do this… I wanna make Asuka and Misato proud of me… and with Mother on my side… I can't lose…'
 
 
The screen shimmers and then shows a forested area. In the background are some mountains and the main target, the SEELE base.
Several lakes and rivers dot the surrounding countryside. Shinji looks on his radar and sees one target approaching... with several others on their way over as well. Unlike the prior tests, the program for this week and next week is to focus the individual pilots skills. Drones acting like the other pilots are present but are not the main focus of the attacks… so it's up to the main pilot to take most of the enemy EVA's out.
 
 
Later that afternoon, the pilots finish their sims are drained of most of their energy. The two girls arrive back at the apartment first and find Hikari asleep on the couch. Rei notices that Misato and Kaji are sitting in front of the computer and are talking softly to one another…
 
 
“Oh, hey… the kids are back. Did you get all the songs, Kaji?” Misato says as she turns around.
 
“Of course… you and I will have some fun tonight…” Kaji says with a grin as he disconnects the memory stick from the computers' USB port. Misato, however, has other plans. “Asuka, Rei… can you do me a favor?”
 
“Sure, Mom…” Rei says, stepping closer.
 
“I want you two to get dinner from the cafeteria for everybody. Kaji and I have some… personal matters to attend to…”
 
 
Asuka sees right through her words and knows what Misato and Kaji are about to do.
 
“I'll bet…” Asuka says, narrowing her eyes.
 
“Well, nothing gets past you, Asuka, does it?” Misato says with a sigh.
 
“Nope…”
 
“Have fun with Dad…” Rei says with a mischievous smile.
 
“Rei… you're getting to very perceptive…” Kaji says as he stands up. “Just like your mother here…”
 
 
Misato takes Kaji's hand and the two start walking towards their bedroom.
 
“Just one more thing…” Asuka says, suddenly having an idea.
 
“What's that?” Misato says, turning around to glance at the redhead.
 
“Just keep it down… we don't need all of NERV knowing what you two are up to…” Asuka says with a grin.
 
“Really Asuka, I'm not that loud…”
 
Kaji almost says something but stops- he doesn't want to risk upsetting Misato. He decides to put Asuka's fears to rest.
 
“Asuka… we had the room soundproofed, okay?”
 
“Thank you… and I'm sure the others thank you too…”
 
“We'll see you two later…” Misato waves at her two charges and then looks up at Kaji. “It's been a long day… I need some…”
 
“Healing?”
 
“Mmm… and lots of it…” Misato says seductively.
 
 
 
Back in the front room, Asuka and Rei sit down in front of the computer. Rei points at the song list… which was accidentally left on the screen.
 
 
“This must be Mom's Pure Sin song collection… some of these songs are quite… interesting…”
 
Asuka is shocked that Rei had actually listened to some of these songs. “You actually listened to some of these songs?”
 
“Yes… I was curious… not all of them are for sex… some could be used for make out sessions…” Rei says with a nod.
 
“You truly are Misato's daughter… I swear you're becoming more like her everyday…” Asuka quips back.
 
“Perhaps I am… my humanity is beginning to really manifest itself.”
 
“Rei, before you and I get dinner… we're going to do some shopping…” Asuka says with a grin.
 
“What are we shopping for?” A curious Rei asks a moment later.
 
“Why swimsuits of course… I'm not wearing that one from school that they had us wear today… I wish I had my striped bikini. I think I'm going to order two bikinis… that should work…”
 
“I agree… I would like something that is more colorful…”
 
 
The two teens hear a voice behind them and are momentarily startled.
 
“Just be careful… she may pick something too risqué…”
 
“Hikari, please…” Asuka says as she turns around to look at her friend, who is rubbing her eyes and yawning. “Rei here is Misato's daughter… of course she's gonna be showing off her body… I'm just worried about her boyfriend… he may not able to survive…”
 
“Ken-kun will survive…” Rei says confidently.
 
“What about you, Hikari? I think we should get you a new suit…”
 
“It appears like Toji can survive if you wore one of Asuka's choices…” Rei says to Hikari.
 
Hikari shakes her head. “No… I don't want a bikini… I'm not ready to show him that much yet… how about a one piece?”
 
“Fine, fine… let's get started…” Asuka says as she starts typing commands into the computer.
 
 
 
The “Three Stooges” return to the apartment about fifteen minutes later and find the three girls on the computer. After exchanging “Hello's”, Toji leads the other two into the kitchen.
 
“Hey, you think da girls are ordering some lingerie again?” Toji says softly.
 
“I hope so… I mean umm… who knows…” Shinji says with a blush.
 
“Rei teased me with one of her new bras last night… damn…” Kensuke says to no one in particular.
 
“We are not shopping for lingerie…” Rei says as she steps into the room. Kensuke mumbles a soft “damn” and then feels Rei's hands on his shoulders.
 
 
“Ken-kun… we are shopping for new swimsuits…”
 
“Oh… okay…”
 
“Really? That's cool…” Toji says, getting excited at the prospect of seeing Hikari in something other then a school swimsuit.
 
“Where are Misato and Kaji? It's dinner time…” Shinji says, wondering where they could be. “I need to know how many people to cook for…”
 
Rei shakes her head. “Mom said to get dinner from the cafeteria… she has personal business with Dad to attend to…”
 
Shinji sighs aloud and shakes his head. “Let's get the others and get some dinner…”
 
“I believe that we are almost finished… I have already picked out two new swimsuits for myself…”
 
“What kind did you get?” Kensuke says, very curious about her pick.
 
“Ken-kun… you will see tomorrow…”
 
“Damn!”
 
Rei giggles and blushes. `I wonder what he will think of my new swimsuit? I hope it's not too… forward…'
 
 
 
Asuka and Hikari enter the room a moment later. “I'm sure Rei already told you what's going on… so let's get some dinner…”
 
The six leave the room and head out of the apartment. A guard escorts them down to the cafeteria. Upon entering the room, they see a familiar face sitting at a nearby table.
 
 
Hyuga waves at the pilots and motions them over to his table. Three women are sitting on the other side of the table from Hyuga.
 
“You guys need to meet our new assistants… they're great!”
 
The women turn and introduce themselves to the pilots.
 
“My name is Kaede Agano.”
 
“Aoi Mogami, nice to meet you…”
 
“My name is Satsuki Ooi… it's nice to finally meet you guys… all of us have heard a lot about you…”
 
“How about we get our dinner and then we'll join you guys?” Asuka says as her stomach rumbles. “We're starving, right guys?”
 
Asuka turns and looks at the rest of the pilots, who nod their heads. “We'll be back…”
Hyuga resumes his conversation with the three new assistants. It's quite obvious to Asuka that Hyuga is really taken by these three women. `Maybe I can have some fun with this…'
 
 
A few minutes later, the six teens join the four “Bridge bunnies” at the table. Asuka decides to get started right away with her “plan”.
 
 
“Say Hyuga, I got a question for you…”
 
“Sure, what is it Asuka?”
 
“Which one of our three new assistants do you like the most?” Asuka says as she looks at Hyuga. He blushes and mumbles something to himself.
 
 
All of the teens look at Asuka, some are shocked, and the others know that this is Asuka being herself.
 
 
“Asuka…!” Shinji says as he looks at his fiancée. “You shouldn't be saying things like that…”
 
Asuka shrugs her shoulders. “Why? I don't see any harm in it… it's just a simple question…”
 
Toji speaks up and looks at the new technicians. “There's the second child for yah…”
 
“What was that?” A angry voice responds back.
 
“Nothin'…” Toji says, turning his head to the side. Hikari glances over at Toji and he immediately dismisses the thought of making another comment. The teens continue to eat their dinner while the three new technicians exchange glances with one another.
 
 
Kaede decides to be the first one to speak up.
 
“Speaking of the subject of love, I heard that you two are engaged…” The brunette says, nodding at Shinji and Asuka. Hyuga breathes a sigh of relief and mentally thanks Kaede.
 
 
“You heard right… this is my Shin-chan… my future husband.” Asuka says as she begins holding Shinji's hand. Shinji's face turns red from embarrassment. “We already have rings…”
 
 
Asuka holds up her hand and shows off the promise ring that she got from Shinji. Toji and Hikari exchange a knowing glance with each other, knowing that their “engagement” is still a secret to the others.
 
The raven-haired technician, Aoi, decides to change the subject to something else. “I'll be working with Colonel Katsuragi and Lt. Commander Ibuki in the simulator room…”
 
“Anything you can do in there is appreciated… we have a long time in the plug before the simulation starts…” Rei says with a nod. “The battle simulations are quite time consuming…”
 
“I'll see what I can do…” Aoi says, nodding her head.
 
Hyuga speaks up next. “Aoi's going to be working with Maya and Misato… Kaede, which department did they put you in?”
 
“Well… besides working on the bridge, I'll be helping out with the martial arts training. It'll be a lot easier with two trainers…”
 
“Yah got that right… anything to get our exercises over with quicker… I swear, they're trying to work us to death here…” Toji quips after Kaede's statement.
 
“Toji… I'm sure it's all for a reason… they want to make sure that you guys are ready for anything… you know I'm going through everything that you are… except for the simulator…” Hikari says, trying to be reasonable with Toji. He says nothing in return and continues munching on a chicken leg.
 
“That's a true girlfriend for yah… you're sharing all the same experiences and she's there for you, Toji…” Is the response from an observant Kensuke. Rei looks at Kensuke and smiles happily.
 
Satsuki decides to comment on the situation. “You guys all make great couples… and that's why I'm happy to help out. I'll be working with Special Agent Kaji on finding where those SEELE people are…”
 
 
“Looks like we got some good help here guys…” Hyuga says enthusiastically. The teens nod and continue eating their dinner. A little while later, the four “bridge bunnies” leave and head back to work. The six teens finish dinner and head back to the apartment for some down time. Toji and Hikari head to their bedroom and decide to spend the evening relaxing and talking with each other.
 
 
Toji is quite happy that he has encouragement from Hikari… her just being there with him during this trial makes in all worthwhile in his opinion. `Anything I can do to help… I'll do…' Is the main thought in Hikari's head about this whole situation.
 
 
 
 
Later that evening, Kensuke finishes an important project on the computer. He looks over his shoulder and sees Rei sitting out the couch, clad in her blue pajamas. `God, she is so beautiful… I must be the luckiest guy on earth…'
 
“I got Love Hina and two other series for us to watch downloaded onto this disk, Rei…”
 
“I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the Love Hina series… it appears that Naru is interested in the main character, Keitaro… but is unable to show her feelings to him…”
 
 
Kensuke ejects the disk and brings it over to the TV's disc drive. After putting the disc in, he walks over to the couch and sits down next to Rei. She snuggles her head against his arm and he gently pulls a blanket over them.
 
“This is the way to relax… spending time with your girlfriend…”
 
Rei smiles. “Yes… I like it when we spend our free time together. I wish to learn more about you, Ken-kun…”
 
“Same here, Rei-chan…”
 
 
Kensuke is about to start the program when Rei asks another question. “Before we begin… I have to ask you something.”
 
“Sure, Rei… go ahead.”
 
“I… I… am considering your words from earlier this week. I wish to change my last name to be Rei Katsuragi… and sever any remaining ties from my past…” Rei says softly after giving her words much thought.
 
“Rei, you're getting to be quite the rebel…” Kensuke says jokingly.
 
“I do not wish to be tied into my past with Commander Ikari… I want to look towards the future… with you…”
 
“You know what, Rei…” Kensuke looks down at Rei and smiles. “Go for it… show him just how much of a woman you've become… you're human and no ones' puppet…”
 
Rei slips a hand into his and holds it. “I believe that I will… I make my own decisions with my life…”
 
 
 
The two silently hold hands for a few minutes before Rei reaches for the remote. “Are you ready to view the rest of the series, Ken-kun?”
 
“Ready when you are, Rei…”
 
 
Rei hits the “play” button on the remote and skips ahead to the episode where they left off in the old apartment. Kensuke feels her gently snuggling her head against his shoulder and he gently caress her hair as the episode plays. Over in Shinji and Asuka's room, the two teens are lying on the bed and talking to each other.
 
 
“Hey, Shinji… feel like dancing with me? We've been lying here for a while and I wanna get up and do something…”
 
“I guess we could…”
 
Asuka looks over at Shinji. “Guess? Shinji, I want you to woo me…”
 
“So you want more then me touching your…”
 
Asuka interrupts Shinji. “Yes, I do… I'm not just about the physical things you know… I do like it when you're romantic…”
 
Shinji grins. “I was just kidding Asuka… of course you want romance. Do you want me to download some music for us?”
 
“Yes…” Is the excited reply back.
 
“All right… I'll be back in a few minutes then… I think I remember some songs that I was going to play for you before but I never got the chance to play them…”
 
“You have any more songs by that artist… you know… the one who did “Angel”...”
 
“Lionel Richie? Of course…” Shinji says as he stands up. “I'll get some good songs and be right back…”
 
Shinji leaves the room and heads over to the computer. He waves to Rei and Kensuke as he walks by and then sits down at the computer.
 
 
`Let's see… she wants more Lionel… I think I can do that…'
 
Shinji reaches for one of the new music players that Misato brought in earlier in the day and plugs it into the computer. He begins searching for some romantic songs for him and Asuka to listen to and when he finds them they immediately go onto the player.
 
 
Back in the bedroom, Asuka waits impatiently for Shinji. `What's taking him so long?' She walks over to the mirror and stares at her reflection. `I look great in these pajamas… Shinji loves them, too.'
 
 
Asuka smoothes out her pajamas and unbuttons the top two buttons, revealing some cleavage and the lace of her bra. `I'm going to test him… let's see if he can dance with me and not get too distracted…'
 
 
“Hey Asuka, I'm back…” Shinji says as he enters the room. Asuka turns and looks at him and his eyes get large as he stares at his girlfriend.
 
“Good… I was waiting for you Shin-chan… are you ready to dance?”
 
“Umm… yeah…” Shinji says as he tries not to stare at her chest.
 
Asuka saunters up to Shinji and places a kiss on his cheek. Shinji blushes and puts the music player down on a nearby dresser.
 
“Ready?”
 
“Shinji… I'm always ready for you…” Asuka coos sweetly.
 
 
 
Shinji plays a few songs by other artists that sounded romantic as a “warm up” before playing what Asuka really requested.
 
“I got another one for you, Asuka… it's called “You Are” and it's by Lionel Richie…”
 
“I'm sure it'll be good…” Asuka says sweetly. She moves into a slow dance position and feels Shinji's hands on her hips.
 
 
As the song begins to play, Shinji's eyes meet Asuka's. `I know she'll like this one…'
 
Baby you'll find
There's only one love
Yours and mine
I've got so much love
And needing you so
My love for you
I'll never let go
I've got so much love
 
All I want is to hold you
Let me show how much I love you baby (show you)
I don't mind and I don't mind (loving you)
Girl I love you
There's no one above you
 
 
A blush runs across Asuka's face as the song continues. `He's being so romantic… he picks out such wonderful songs…'
 
 
And needing you so
My love for you
I'll never let go
I've got so much love
 
All I want is to hold you
Let me show how much I love you baby (show you)
I don't mind and I don't mind (loving you)
Girl I love you
There's no one above you
 
 
Shinji feels Asuka's head resting against his chest a moment later. He pulls her into a very intimate embrace and the two continue dancing in place as the song continues.
 
 
[Chorus:]
You are the sun
You are the rain
That makes my life this foolish game
You need to know
I love you so
And I'd do it all again and again
 
Tell me it's true
I can't believe you do what you do
I've got so much love
And my love you'll see
We'll stay together, just you and me
I've got so much love
 
Only you (know me)
Tell me how to love you baby (show me)
I don't mind and I don't mind (tell me)
Girl, I love you
Always thinking of you
 
[Chorus]
 
I know you know the way I feel
And I need your love for always
Cause when I'm with you
I fall in love
Again and again and again, baby.
 
[Chorus]
 
“Oh, Shinji…” A very soft voice says after the song finishes.
 
“Asuka… I need you more then anything… or anyone…” Shinji says as he gently caresses her hair.
 
Asuka snuggles her head against his chest for a moment and then looks up at Shinji. “I want to snuggle with you some more…”
 
“Sure…” A blushing Shinji says as Asuka gently moves her body away from his. She goes over to the bed and then lies down in a familiar position, her body facing the middle of the bed.
 
“Shinji, does this look familiar?” A giggling Asuka says as Shinji lies down on the bed. “The last time you saw me like this… you were about to kiss me, weren't you?”
 
 
Shinji's heart starts pounding in his chest as he stares at Asuka's upper body. `This is the same pose as that first night we spent in front room… while we were training to fight that angel… damn… I wanted to kiss her so badly then…'
 
“Am I too much for you?”
 
“No… you're what I need…” Shinji says as their eyes meet. “This time, I'm going to kiss you…”
 
“Mmm… I was hoping you'd say that…” Asuka says with a slight moan. “If we do this after each day's training… I may be able to make it through…”
 
 
After giving Asuka a nod, Shinji moves forward and begins kissing the love of his life. The two make out for a bit and then Shinji leaves the music player on as they snuggle before falling asleep.
 
 
 
Time passes and soon the next morning is here. Inside Gendo's office, both Commanders are having breakfast when Rei comes into the room. Gendo starts staring at Rei. she returns his gaze with one of her own and neither one moves. After several long moments, Fuyutski breaks the "stalemate".
 
 
"What can we do for you Rei?" Commander Fuyutski asks, curious about this early morning visit.
 
 
Rei says nothing but walks towards Commander Ikari. She places a piece of paper on the desk in front of him and looks him in the eye.
 
"I formally request a signature on this."
 
Gendo says nothing and looks down at the paper on the desk so he can read it.
 
"What's this?" Fuyutski asks, curious about what's on the paper. He begins reading over Gendo's shoulder and his eyebrows rise as he continues reading.
 
 
"There is space for two signatures." Commander Ikari stated when he looked back at her. "Where is Colonel Katsuragi's signature?"
 
 
The first child blushes and turns away. "I was planning on surprising mom. I have not informed her about this yet."
 
"I see." Gendo says as he folds his hands before him as he stared dispassionately at her. He could easily recall a time when she would not take initiative on anything and only act by his order. But to have her come into his office, uninvited, and uncalled for was almost staggering in the changes. But added to that was the fact that this clone, born of science taking this upon herself and acting on her own, it left him with many unanswered questions.
 
 
"You are dismissed pilot," he said and expected her to leave. However when she stood there, unmoving and refusing to leave he grudgingly had to admire her determination. "Is there a problem pilot?"
 
 
"No sir, I formerly request a signature to move on with my life."
 
The sub-commanders eyes had an almost unnoticeable widening of his eyes as she said that. Commander Ikari remained silent as he looked at her. "You are dismissed pilot, return to your training."
 
 
Rei's eyes narrowed noticeably at him, but she did not break, nor say a word. "Very well, I shall return to my duties." Her words were colder than normal, though many might not have noticed had they heard it. Then without acknowledging him, or his position she turned and left the office. It was not until she entered the elevator taking her to another level did the first child break down. It started slowly at first, but the tears began to fall and then slowly she slid down the wall so that she was sitting on the floor, holding her knees to her chest.
 
 
In the Commanders office, Kozo let out a tired sigh. "She's a real teenager all right."
 
"Yes, that appears to be the case."
 
"Do you plan on going through with this?"
 
"I believe a meeting with Colonel Katsuragi is in order." Gendo said and picked up the paper. "Now, onto other business. The pilots are doing satisfactory in the battle simulations so far." He said as he set the paper aside.
 
"That is true. The second child beat the simulation in record time. Today's simulations will be increased in difficulty."
 
"Indeed. The pilots need to be able to fight on their own sufficiently before moving onto the team simulations." Commander Ikari says while folding his hands. "When we find SEELE the pilots will be ready."
 
 
After heading back to the apartment and getting her swimsuit, Rei heads into the women's changing area for the pool. Before changing into her new swimsuit, Rei takes a moment to collect herself. `He rejected me… but I won't give up… I will become Misato's daughter. I no longer want any association with that man…'
 
 
Rei reaches for the faucet and splashes cold water on her face. `Time to focus on the task at hand…' She opens her bag and pulls out her new mini-sunglasses and white two-piece.
 
“I do hope Ken-kun can handle this…” She says aloud as a smirk crosses her face.
 
 
As Rei changes into her swimsuit, voices begin to get closer and closer. A few moments later, Hikari and Asuka enter the room.
 
“Looking sharp there, Rei…” Asuka says as she takes a good look at Rei's new outfit. “The sunglasses are a nice touch.”
 
“Thank you…” Rei says with a slight blush.
 
“Looks very… nice…” Hikari says, noticing that a good bit of skin, at least by her standards, is showing with Rei's swimsuit.
`I wish I was confident enough to wear something like that… but I'm not ready… I don't want to rush my relationship with Toji…'
 
 
Asuka snaps her fingers in front of Hikari's face. “Hikari… you okay?”
 
“Oh, sorry…”
 
“Perhaps Hikari was thinking of what Toji would say about her new swimsuit?” Rei says, making a educated guess as to why Hikari was spacing out a moment ago.
 
“Well, a little…” Is the response back as Hikari starts undressing. “Let's get changed so we can be out there first and surprise the guys…”
 
“I like your thinking…” Asuka says as she starts changing clothes. “I can't wait to see how Shinji reacts to this suit…”
 
 
 
 
A short time later, down in the pool area, Rei and Asuka stand on the side of the pool and wait for the male pilots to show up.
 
“What's taking them so long?” A impatient Asuka asks. “Men aren't supposed to take this long to get changed…”
 
Hikari looks up from her position in the pool and sighs. “I bet they're talking about us… and wondering what we're going to be wearing…”
 
“They should just come out and see our new swimsuits then…” Rei says with a smile. “I am looking forward to seeing Ken-kun's reaction to it…”
 
 
A slight commotion is heard behind the girls as the swim instructor walks out onto the pool deck. The “Three Stooges” are right behind him.
 
 
“I'll be back in five minutes… and then we'll get started…” Jack Matsumoto says as he walks over to a different area, leaving the teens behind.
 
“Damn! I mean umm… wow…” Kensuke says as he tries not hyper ventilate. Rei's new white two-piece has left the otaku on the verge of a serious reaction. `She's showing a lot of skin… and it's very tight…'
 
 
Rei tilts her new mini-sunglasses and winks at Kensuke. “We were waiting…”
 
“Sorry…” Kensuke says with a bow, though he made a mental note to talk to her later. 'Her eyes... it looks like she was crying, but this isn't the place to ask her about it.'
 
 
“Very nice Asuka…” Shinji says as he gives Asuka a look over. `She looks hot in that red two piece… very form fitting…'
 
“Thanks… but I know you're a little disappointed…” Asuka says, preparing to unleash another one of her jokes.
 
“What do you mean?” A confused Shinji replies back.
 
“There's no zipper for you to unzip…” Asuka says with a wink.
 
 
Shinji's face turns red and Kensuke and Toji laugh aloud at their friends' predicament. Toji begins looking around for Hikari and notices that she's in the pool. He walks over to the side and looks down at his girlfriend.
 
“Hey Hikari…”
 
“Yes, Toji…” Hikari says as she tilts her head up.
 
“You look… gorgeous…” Toji says as he glances at her upper body. `She don't know it… but she's giving me such a show… damn… the class rep is filling out a little bit more…'
 
 
Hikari wonders why Toji is silent and why his face is starting to turn red. She notices where his stare is focused on and looks down at herself. `I don't believe it… he's ogling me- he must love my new turquoise swimsuit… I guess I fill out nicely…'
 
 
An evil idea pops into Hikari's mind… and instead of suppressing it; she decides to act on it. After glancing up again to make sure that Toji is still daydreaming, she quickly moves forward and pulls him into the pool. The four teens on the pool deck hear the splash and walk over to the edge and watch the thrashing Toji vent his anger.
 
“What was dat for?”
 
“That was the viewing fee for staring at my chest.” Hikari says as she stifles a giggle. `That was funny… he deserved that…'
 
“Hikari…”
 
“Yes Toji?”
 
“I have something for yah too…”
 
 
Before she can ask what he has, he begins splashing her with water. Hikari covers her eyes and starts splashing him back… the other four pilots observe this and start laughing.
 
 
“And they called us the newlyweds…” Asuka comments to no one in particular. “Look at them go…”
 
 
Toji and Hikari stop for a moment to look up at Asuka and then look back at each other. A smirk is exchanged before the two start splashing Asuka…
 

”HEY!” Asuka says as she holds her hands over her eyes. “Stop that!”
 
 
“No way, Red!” Toji says as he continues. Rei and Kensuke step back to avoid getting wet as the splashing of water continues. Asuka is tempted to jump in but doesn't…
 
 
“You two leave her alone!” Shinji says as he steps in front of Asuka.
 
“Damn it…” A disappointed Toji says a moment later. “Guess there's only one thing to do…”
 
“What's that?” A curious Hikari asks.
 
 
 
Not even a second passes by before Toji starts splashing Hikari… and the conflict begins anew. A few moments later, Hikari tries to do something more dramatic to end this conflict.
 
 
“Good one Hikari!” Asuka says as she nods her head approvingly- Hikari has just moved closer and has gotten Toji in a playful headlock. “Keep that stooge in line!”
 
 
Shinji leans over and whispers in Asuka's ear. She smiles and then places a kiss on Shinji's cheek. She softly whispers back. “No need to worry… I want you to stare at me… I won't push you into the pool… you saved me…”
 
“No… you saved me…” Shinji smiles and looks over at Asuka's wet, bikini clad body. `Damn… they got her good… water is dripping from her hair and down her…'
 
Asuka notices Shinji staring at her chest and clears her throat. She softly mouths the word “Later”, which causes him to stop and look down in the pool.
 
 
“Brother… you need to cool off…” Rei says, noticing his “situation”. Shinji hadn't seen Rei move closer to him until she spoke, and then it was too late… and he goes flying into the pool…”
 
 
 
Toji is actually happy that Hikari is playing around and having fun… and the fact that she's getting more comfortable with being with him is very good in his eyes. He pretends to surrender and starts to lower his body until he knows Hikari's standing on her feet. `Now!'
 
 
The fourth child quickly dunks himself straight down and surprises Hikari so much that she lets go of him. He resurfaces and stands right in front of Hikari…
 
“Class rep…”
 
“Yes?” Hikari says as she folds her arms across her chest.
 
“You look great…” Toji says as he gently brushes the wet hair off of her face. “You look pretty with your hair down…”
 
 
Hikari blushes and then embraces Toji. Rei, who has noticed Kensuke's intense staring, decides to act on her “rebellious” instincts…
 
 
“Are you prepared to pay the fee?”
 
“Huh?”
 
 
Before Kensuke can do anything else, Rei gives him a gentle push and he falls into the pool. The otaku begins staring at Rei and she giggles. “Are you okay, Ken-kun?”
 
 
“All right… enough of the horseplay…” Jack says as he reenters the area. “Time to do your warm ups…”
 
“Sounds good…” Shinji says as he gets out of the pool. Hikari gently releases Toji and he walks up to the ladder and exits the pool. Toji extends his hand down to Hikari. “Here…”
 
 
After a moment of deliberation, Hikari walks over and takes Toji's hand. While she's being pulled out of the pool, Toji comments about the situation…
 
“Is this one free?” He says as he gets another view of her chest.
 
 
Hikari is confused about his comment and shrugs it off. Before Toji can comment again, Jack speaks to the teens.
 
“Here's what's on the agenda for today. We'll start out with some more breathing exercises and then it's onto the breaststroke…”
 
 
The three males snicker at that comment. Hikari blushes and Rei and Asuka look at their respective boyfriends.
 
“I don't know why you think that's funny… I already know that you're good at stroking my…” A blushing Shinji interrupts Asuka before she can finish.
 
“Asuka!”
 
“Ken-kun… you are also quite good at practicing that maneuver…”
 
Kensuke says nothing and a slow blush crosses his face. Jack rolls his eyes and then clears his throat.
 
“As I was saying… that's the plan for today. Tomorrow we'll work on some more swimming techniques…”
 
 
 
The six teens nod their heads and finish their warm-up exercises. A short while later, while they're swimming, Misato is called to Gendo's office. She opens the door and is greeted by Gendo's stare…
 
 
“Commander… what can I umm… do for you?”
 
“Have a seat, Colonel…” Gendo says as motions at the seat in front of his desk.
Misato sits down and wonders what's going on. `Am I in some kind of trouble? Did one of the kids get him pissed off?'
 
Kozo steps forward and stands next to Commander Ikari. “Pilot Ayanami was in here this morning…”
 
`Uh-oh… Rei… I wonder what that was about…'
 
“Oh, she was… that's news to me…” Misato says nervously.
 
“She had a surprise for you, Colonel…” Gendo slides a piece of paper over to Misato. “She requests your signature on this…”
 
 
Misato slowly takes the paper and looks at it. Her eyes grow ever wider as she starts scanning the document. `Rei… you really want me as your mother… I feel so… so… happy…'
 
”Is something the matter?” Gendo asks as Misato tries to hold back tears.
 
A few sniffles later, Misato speaks. “I'm… oh, it's nothing.” She takes the pen and signs the document, her hand trembling with emotion.
 
“This will be effective immediately.” Gendo takes the paper and places in a nearby bin. “If that's all Colonel…”
 
 
Kozo is shocked by the quickness of the events that have just unfolded. `I'd never thought I'd see the day…'
 
“T-that's all sir… I'll be going now…”
 
With tears of joy in her eyes, Misato leaves the room and cannot help but uttering one word to herself as she returns to work. “Rei…”
 
 
 
The week continues on… the days flow like a river as the world situation continues to deteriorate. Peace is slipping away as chaos begins to reign. Terrorism, inspired by SEELE to destabilize the current governments, is now happening at an almost regular basis. Near the middle of January, near the end of the first week on intense training, Misato begins to take ill during the night. Kaji wakes up notices that she's missing… he walks out of the bedroom and finds her in one of the bathrooms, on the verge of throwing up.
 
 
 
“Are you okay?” A concerned Kaji asks as he observes the situation. Misato is bending over the toilet and breathing heavily.
 
“I'll be fine… I think…” Misato says softly. “I don't what it is… after smelling that food last night right before dinner… I just haven't felt right…”
 
“I noticed that you left the room… and you didn't even eat dinner…”
 
Misato slowly stands up and tries to move, but her weak legs can't support her for very long. Kaji rushes forward and holds her before she falls to the ground.
 
“Let me take you back to bed. All these hours working in two different places… I think it's catching up to you…”
 
“Maybe…” Misato sighs aloud. “Can you tell Commander Ikari that I need a break… at least a couple hours extra of sleep…”
 
Kaji nods his head. “I think you need more then that but… knowing the Commander… you'll be lucky to get those couple hours. I'll come back around noon and if you're feeling better, we can have a light lunch before you start…”
 
“Sounds good… let's go back to bed…”
 
He carries her back to bed and gently kisses her on the cheek before she falls asleep. `I hope she's gonna be okay… and I hope the Commander will be a little lenient…'
 
 
 
Later that morning, Shinji is the first one up. He begins cooking up breakfast and is surprised to see Kaji enter the kitchen.
 
“You're up early, Kaji…”
 
“Well, it's been a rough night… I couldn't get much sleep…”
 
“Oh…” Shinji stops his vegetable cutting and looks at the former spy.
 
“Misato won't be joining us for breakfast… she looked like she was going to throw up last night and I'm going in early to talk to your father. She needs at least a half day's rest…”
 
 
“Yeah… she needs to take it easy. I haven't seen her much this week… my father and Commander Fuyutski seem to be giving her a lot of assignments…” Shinji says in a concerned tone of voice.
 
“Let me give you a hand…” Kaji says as he walks over to the refrigerator. He opens the door and gets out some eggs. “I see you're making omelets… so we need some bacon and sausage to go with it… I'm glad I remembered to order those with our last food request.”
 
“That was good thinking…” Shinji says as he starts cutting up the veggies needed for the omelets.
 
“Asuka likes this kind of breakfast… she'll be really happy with your choice…” A grinning Kaji says in return.
 
“Really?” Shinji blushes. “I'll have to remember that…”
 
“I'll start cracking the eggs and we'll be done in no time…”
 
 
To pass the time as they cook, Kaji decides to ask Shinji about something he noticed on his way to the kitchen.
 
“I saw Rei and Kensuke sleeping on the couch… they must've been up late watching anime again…”
 
“Yeah… Kensuke is showing her some series called “Ai Yori Aoshi”… I wonder if Rei's noticed…”
 
Kaji interrupts Shinji's thought. “Noticed what?”
 
“Kensuke has a large collection of anime…but there's a common theme to a lot of them.”
This piques Kaji's curiosity even more. “Oh, really? What's that?”
 
“He seems to really like…”
 
 
Before Shinji can finish his sentence, a sleepy Rei enters the room. “It smells very agreeable in here… what are you cooking for breakfast?”
 
“Deluxe omelets…” Kaji says as Rei yawns again. “Are you okay, Rei? It seems like you've been staying up late the last few nights…”
 
“Kensuke and I have been enjoying our time together and the anime series that we are currently watching is quite interesting… we have not been able to stop watching…”
 
“Well, don't stay up too late… you need your sleep.” Kaji says in a “Fatherly” tone. `Maybe I can get used to this… being a father…'
 
 
“Kaji… there's something I've been meaning to ask you… where's Pen-Pen?” A curious Shinji asks a moment later.
 
“He's hanging out at the infirmary… we didn't really have room here for another fridge for him… they made one up there. Misato visits him everyday and I think we should go visit him later…”
 
“Sounds good…”
 
Kaji chuckles. “He's got it made down there… the resident nurses have taken a shine to him and whenever they can, they spoil him with fish, beer and attention…”
 
 
Rei begins assisting Kaji and Shinji and soon breakfast is ready. Rei brings the other teens into the dining room and they eat. Kaji explains the situation about Misato and the others agree… she needs some rest.
 
 
“Mom needs some time off… she's always tired…” Rei says, concerned about Misato.
 
“Yeah, those Commanders' are workin' dat poor woman to death…”
 
“I'll be heading over to Commander Ikari's office and making sure that he gives her at least half a day off…” Kaji says, determined to stand his ground with Commander Ikari.
 
 
Later, after breakfast is finished, Kaji heads down to the Commanders' office and asks for some time off for Misato. He refuses to be stared down… `This is my future wife… I won't let them hurt her…'
 
“Inform Colonel Katsuragi that she may return to duty whenever she feels fit to do so…”
 
 
Kaji, expecting an argument, is shocked by what Commander Ikari just said. It's several seconds before he utters a response.
 
“Yes, sir…”
 
 
A very happy Kaji returns to the apartment with the good news… Misato decides to take the entire day off to relax and recover. She changes into her nightgown and eats a light meal before going back to bed and wonders what's making her feel this way…
 
 
 
The pilots return from their day's activities and visit Pen-Pen before returning to the apartment for dinner together. Later they split up and heading off to their separate rooms. When Rei and Kensuke get into their room she complains to Kensuke about a pain in her shoulders and back… it's beginning to be a regular thing and it bothers her.
 
 
“Ken-kun… it hurts…”
 
“Where?” A concerned Kensuke asks a moment later, getting more worried by the second.
 
“My shoulders… my upper back is a little tense… and my lower back is also feeling unusual…” Rei says as she tries to push the pain out of her head.
 
 
Kensuke takes a moment to look at her face and notices her slightly red eyes.
 
“Rei… are you okay? It looked like you were crying earlier…”
 
“Kensuke… I… I'd rather not talk about it right now…” Rei says, brushing off the topic.
 
 
“Let's see… I could give you a massage… umm… if that's okay…” Kensuke says, trying to be bold and yet be helpful. He can see the obvious pain in her words and her face and wants to respect her wishes about what made her cry.
 
“Ken-kun… that would be nice… I believe this is an effect of my accelerated aging… I have grown two centimeters in the last week…”
 
“You do seem a little taller…” Kensuke says as he takes a deep breath. “Rei… lie down and I'll get started…”
 
“Thank you…” A grateful Rei says as she lies down on the bed, her body face down. Kensuke takes a few more deep breaths and prepares to do his best. `If I can help her feel better, that would be great… I don't wanna see her in pain…'
 
 
 
Rei closes her eyes and allows her body to relax. She feels Kensuke's hands caressing her shoulders- the pain slowly begins to recede…
 
“Mmm… Ken-kun… that feels good…” Rei says with a slight moan.
 
The otaku blushes. “G-good… glad it's working…”
 
 
Kensuke continues his shoulder massage and then moves down to her upper back, where he kneads his hands into her back in an attempt to loosen her tense muscles. It takes a good bit of time for him to get the job done… Rei is most appreciative of the help.
 
 
`My body… is being overwhelmed by these changes… but I do want to be a “normal” fifteen year old woman…'
 
After finishing with the upper back, Kensuke pauses for a moment to catch his breath. `She's really tense… but I think she's a lot better now. I'd better continue on to the lower back… damn… I can't believe that I'm touching her so much and not passing out…'
 
 
“Rei, umm… you said lower back, too?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“O-okay…” Is the nervous response a moment later.
 
“Do you wish to touch my behind as well?” Rei says in an effort to tease her boyfriend. `He's nervous… though he should not be… this is not something very advanced…'
 
“Umm… yes… I mean… well… if you don't mind when I'm done… umm…”
 
“I do not mind… I appreciate the fact that you find my body attractive…” Rei says in a reassuring tone.
 
“O-okay…” Kensuke says as he tries to loosen the tenseness in her lower back with his massage. As was the case with the upper back, it takes a little time and effort to help her muscles return to their normal state. Rei is very thankful for the help…
 
 
“Ken-kun… thank you… I feel much better.” Rei says as she flips her body over.
 
“N-no problem…” A slightly blushing Kensuke says a moment later.
 
Rei holds out her arms and Kensuke allows himself to get pulled into an intimate embrace. Rei feels his hands move down onto her behind, just as she thought they would…
 
“Later tonight… do you wish to dance with me?”
 
“Sure…” Is the answer back as Kensuke applies a slight squeeze to her behind.
 
“I wish to dance and practice other romantic ideas with you…” Rei says after she lets a soft moan escape into the air.
 
“Sounds like a plan…” The otaku says as he begins kissing her lips and squeezing her behind in earnest. `I gotta make her forget about the pain… I wanna make her feel good right now…'
 
 
 
A little while later, the couple breaks their embrace and decide to do something else. Kensuke gets the music system set up and decides to play a song for them to dance to.
 
“Rei… you mentioned that “Motown” style of music… I found a song that you may like…”
 
“Really?” Is the enthusiastic reply back.
 
“Yeah… I know you'll like it…” Kensuke says as he gets the song set on the proper track. He quickly taps the “play” button and allows the music to fill the room with its wonderful melody…
 
 
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).
 
I've got so much honey the bees envy me.
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).
 
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Ooooh.
 
I don't need no money, fortune, or fame.
I've got all the riches baby one man can claim.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).
 
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
with my girl.
I've even got the month of May
with my girl (fade)
 
“That was… very romantic…” Rei says, swooning.
 
“I'm glad that you liked it… you are my girl… and I umm… don't know what I'd do without you…” Kensuke says as he opens his heart to the wonderful woman standing right in front of him.
 
 
Rei leans over and kissing Kensuke. `I wish to spend more time with him… perhaps we can…'
 
Her thought is interrupted by a request from her boyfriend. “Did you wanna watch some more “Ai Yori Aoshi” with me?”
 
 
After contemplating his request for a moment, Rei decides to make a bolder suggestion about what to watch…
 
 
“You can't be serious… you want to watch one of those?” A shocked Kensuke asks a moment later. “You do know what kind of anime that is…”
 
Rei nods her head. “Yes, I do… and I am aware that you used to have quite a collection of this type of anime…”
 
“Well, umm… yeah… umm… that was in the past but…” Kensuke fumbles with his words. `She knows about that… but she seems to know that I dumped all of those from my collection when we started going out.'
 
“I am not judging you, Ken-kun. I am merely… curious…”
 
Kensuke nervously laughs. “Well… I guess I can download one off of the computer… and no one else is here… so I guess it'd be okay…”
 
 
Rei leans over and kisses Kensuke on the cheek. He blushes and then gently brushes his hand against Rei's soft blue hair.
“Anything for you, Rei…”
 
After a short download off of the computer, Kensuke puts the DVD into the DVD drive and plays the episode that he selected to show Rei. As the show progresses, Kensuke and Rei comment on the stupidness and credibility of the thing.
 
 
“I still think this is highly improbable.” Rei says as she points at the screen.
 
“How so?” Kensuke asks, curious about what she means.
 
“Just look at the way she is moving, trying to put ones body in that position hurts your joints and muscles.”
 
“Ah I see...” A nodding Kensuke says in return.
 
“Ah... oh yea... more... ah ah oh yes.. yes...” The sounds of passion emanate from the TV as the hentai DVD continues to play.
 
Misato chose that moment to leave her room while all was supposed to be quiet... however, she soon could hear noises... and she panicked.
 
 
Rei crosses her arms across her chest. “Making those noises… it is most unseemly and not realistic.”
 
“It's not?” A shocked otaku says back, almost blurting out his answer.
 
“Ah... oh yea... more... ah ah oh yes.. yes...”
 
Misato, not hearing the teens talking, as the sounds of sex were much louder was just about to open the door, though she was scared of what she would find...
 
 
After taking a deep breath, Rei focuses her mind in order to demonstrate to Kensuke what she means… her face turns a crimson red before his eyes… causing him to wonder what's running through her mind…
 
“Yes Ken-kun... ah yes… ah ah more!” Rei moans out, doing her best impersonation of the scene being played out on the screen in front of her.
 
 
Misato couldn't take any more and she threw the door open and tuned on the lights... and was surprised to see two teens watching a video.
 
 
“Welcome back mom.” Rei says calmly. She then turned to Kensuke. “You see, noises like that just do not mean much. If those two truly wanted to be with each other, then they would not be trying so hard.”
 
 
Kensuke looked ready to die as Misato had burst in on them after Rei's rather vocal demonstration.
 
 
“Rei… I… never mind… we'll talk later…” Misato says as she heads towards her bedroom. `I guess this was bound to happen… I already knew she had sexual desires towards Kensuke… but she's really beginning to get curious about sex…'
 
 
Before Misato can get to her room, however, she hears a familiar voice coming from a nearby room.
 
 
“Shin-chan... are you trying to deflower me?” Asuka says with a giggle.
 
 
Misato stops in her tracks and moves closer to the door.
 
“Um yes… I umm…” Shinji says with a stammer.
 
An almost purring Asuka replies back a moment later. “Well then... my flower is yours to do with as you please.”
 
 
Misato hears a relieved sigh and then Shinji's voice.
 
“Thanks for understanding... now would you move a little and....”
 
 
That was the last straw for Misato… she barges into the room, expecting the worse.
 
“Hold it right there! I've heard just about...”
 
 
The Colonel looks around the room and notices that Shinji is picking up several flowers that had been placed in vases around the room.
 
 
“I think I need a drink... but for some reason, it doesn't have much appeal right now…”
 
“Shin-chan's jealous!” A giggling Asuka says aloud.
 
“Am not!”
 
“Where did the...” A curious Misato begins to ask.
 
 
Asuka shrugs her shoulders and finishes Misato's question. “I don't know... they were here when we got here… I've got a secret admirer!”
 
 
Shinji almost growled at that causing Misato to think that one drink may not be anywhere near enough.
 
“I'm outta here… you two be good…” The purple haired colonel says as she leaves the room. Shinji is silently standing, wondering about the flowers. `Is someone trying to make a move on my Asuka? Why did they get her all these flowers?'
 
 
“First it was Rei and now Asuka… good thing I don't have to worry about Hikari… teenagers…” Misato says with a sigh as she lies down on her bed. “At least they're not like I was at fifteen…”
 
 
Memories of the past flow through Misato's mind as she relaxes on the bed. “I can't let something like that happen again…”
 
 
Back in Asuka and Shinji's room, Asuka notices Shinji's silence and decides to stop playing around with him. She walks over to the door, closes it, and then turns her attention to her fiancée's jealousy problem.
 
 
“Shinji… you're the only one that I'd let touch me…”
 
The third child nods his head and Asuka moves a little closer.
 
“No, really Shinji… give me your hand.”
 
Shinji raises his hand and she takes and gently places it against her cheek.
 
“Shin-chan… you know I wouldn't want to be with anyone besides you… I love you with all my heart…”
 
”Asuka… I love you too…”
 
Asuka smiles. “Mmm… there's more I want to tell you Shin-chan…”
 
“Go on…” A curious Shinji says back.
 
“You're the only person…” Asuka pauses to gently move his hand down off of her cheek and down her neck, stopping on her shoulder. “That'd I let touch me here…”
 
 
After having his hand linger on her shoulder for a moment, she brings his hand even lower, onto her right breast. “Or here…”
 
 
Asuka is about to bring his hand even lower when she feels Shinji do something… unexpected. “Pervert…” Asuka says with a saucy grin.
 
 
“Sorry… couldn't help it… I like to umm… touch you…” Shinji says with a blush.
 
“I'll forgive you for that squeeze…” Asuka clears her throat and tries not to blush herself.
“Anyways… where was I?”
 
“It looked like you were umm… showing me places that you would only let me touch…”
 
“Oh yeah… I still have a few places left, Shinji…” The redhead says with a giggle. She moves his hand straight down the front of her body, causing Shinji to blush. “Or…”
 
 
Shinji realizes where his hand is heading towards and cannot believe how forward she's being right now. “Asuka!”
 
 
Asuka moves his hands onto her hips and stops. She grins and decides to tease Shinji some more…
 
 
“Where'd you think my hand was going?”
 
“I… well umm… never mind!” Is Shinji's embarrassed reply.
 
“You're so much fun to tease…” Asuka lets go of his hand. “I already know that you like my sexy hips and behind… so… show me how much you like them…”
 
 
Shinji says nothing but slowly squeezes her behind, causing her to moan. She rests her head against his chest and talks in a near whisper.
 
“Hey, Shinji…”
 
“What is it Asuka?”
 
“These sims… they aren't getting any easier… and of course, they're making it the most difficult for me…”
 
 
Shinji stops what he's doing and moves his hands up her back. Asuka feels him caressing her hair in an effort to calm her down.
 
“Asuka… that's because you're the best…”
 
“I know… but still… I thought I overheard something… the next phase is gonna have the other pilots get hurt during the sim… I don't want to see you hurt or disabled… even if it's a simulated version of your EVA…”
 
“Asuka… I…”
 
The second child turns her head up to look at Shinji, who moves in for a kiss.
 
“I like your new look…” He says, trying to dodge the subject.
 
“Hmm… you like my glasses a lot… I think I can handle looking sophisticated…”
 
 
Shinji stares into her eyes and knows that she's a little nervous and afraid about what's going on. `I gotta be strong for her… I'm afraid too… afraid of the pain that's only gonna get worse as we go on… but… we'll make it.'
 
 
The two hold each other silently for a while before Asuka whispers something to Shinji.
 
“You know how I get when I'm nervous… I'll be teasing you a lot in the next few weeks…”
 
“Just don't stop being yourself… I like it when you're ummm… naughty…”
 
“I'm sure you do…”
 
 
In the next room, Kensuke sighs aloud. `Her back… she says it's getting tense again… I hope I can help her keep it loose…'
 
 
Next door, Hikari and Toji talk a little before going to bed…
 
 
“I know my sisters are safely hidden away in one of the NERV safe-houses but I'm still worried about them. Those terrorists could strike anywhere…”
 
“Hikari… it'll be okay… we got protection here and so do they… they even got some guards watchin' my sister…”
 
“I hope it'll be enough…” Hikari says softly.
 
“Yeah…”
 
 
The next day brings the start of a new, more intense week… one full of surprises.
 
 
 
 
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 36: Week 2
 
It'll be a little while before the next chapter, Week 2, will be up… I'll be working on some more redone chapters and my new Ranma chapter in the meantime. I'm also going to Louisiana for three days next weekend… so I may not get much writing done on that trip…