Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Stupid Cupid and the Match Maker ❯ Letters, gifts, big box before Valentines ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Letters, gifts, big box before Valentines.
School.. After Lunch…
The next teacher/sensei entered the room.
Hikari: Rise, bow, sit..
Sensei: Good morning class!
Asuka: (sigh) another boring sensei and wasted time..
Sensei: So, before I start my lesson, as you can see class, Valentines Day is approaching.. So I want this class to celebrate it in a different way. Any suggestions from any of you?
Asuka: (thoughts) Hey! This is my chance.. hmmm.. (raises her hand) Ma'am! I have..
Sensei: Oh! Yes Miss Soryu? What's it?..
Asuka (stood up): Why don't we get a big box inside this room beside the door for 1 week until Valentines Day came. There in that box, we can put, especially guys, our letters, gifts like flowers or chocolates to the one we like especially when we're keeping it as a secret. And to be able to keep it as a secret until the day came that we have enough guts to tell him/her about what we feel, we will use code names.
Sensei: that's one good idea Miss Soryu.. Any objections?
Students: (shook their head) nuh-uh…
Sensei: good! So, we'll put the big box tomorrow.. and, you'll get it, the gifts and the letters every end of the day. So, who is willing to volunteer in bringing a big box tomorrow?
Hikari: (raises her right hand) Me ma'am! I can bring it.
Sensei: okay! Thank you Miss Horaki. It's now settled. Any other plans Miss Soryu?
Asuka: hmmm… Nothing for now ma'am.. let's see if I can think of another plan when Valentines Day came.
Sensei: oh.. Alright. Thank you Miss Soryu.
Asuka (sat down): No problem ma'am.
Sensei: Let's now proceed to our new lesson..
And the day for our match maker continues..
After classes or Dismissal..
Asuka and Shinji is walking side by side back home.
Shinji: Uhmmm.. Asuka? Why did you.. suggest.. that kind of idea?
Asuka: Why? I don't know.. is my idea bad?
Shinji: No! uhmm.. I just.. can't imagine you'll suggest something like that. I thought.. it pisses you off when guys send letters to you.
Asuka: Well, that's right.. you do have a point. But.. I have plans. And! Don't ask me what plans coz I will not tell you.. I can throw letters especially when it's none sense or just a letter from a guy who wanted me to date him or something.. and! Especially, when it's all the same.. the same letter he'll send for 1 week.
Shinji: ohhh.. okay.. but, it's great. Your plan is good.
Asuka: Thanks! So, planning on giving wondergirl letters, gifts or chocolates?
Shinji: maybe yes.. maybe no..
Asuka (slightly jealous?): hmph!
Shinji/Asuka/Misato Residence..
Evening.. After dinner.. Asuka on the phone..
Hikari: Why suggest that kind of idea?
Asuka: I don't know..
Hikari: really huh.. I don't believe you! Tell me! I know you have plans..
Asuka: No! I mean.. uhmm.. okay fine! I do have! (thoughts) I can't lie to her.
Hikari: So what's it! Yah know, I know you Asuka, you're my best friend. Yes, the idea is simple and not that new but your plan on Valentines Day is the one who's scaring me.. and it's the first time you ever suggested something.
Asuka: hmmm.. yeah.. hehe.. well, you really wanna know?
Hikari: Of course! After all I'm your best friend.
Asuka: Fine!
Hikari: WhooHoo! Al—Right!
Asuka: wait `til Valentines Day!
Hikari: Shit! Why!
Asuka: No way! I'm not going to tell you.. hehe.. sorry bf..
Hikari: Your cruel.. Fine! I'm patient not like you…!
Asuka: say what you want to say but I'm not going to tell you! Bleh! Cry blood.. hehehe.. (thoughts) I felt sorry for you my dearest bf.. of all the people.. why do I have to pair you with that Jock boy! (sigh)
Hikari (heard Asuka Sigh): Is there a problem bf?
Asuka: Do you really like him? (thoughts) after all, if I can finish this in a short amount of time my life will be back to normal..
Hikari: Who's him?
Asuka: You know who's `him'! now.. tell me truth! Why him? (thoughts) maybe, the two of them are really meant for one another..
Hikari: Asuka.. I already told you! Well, he maybe mean and perverted at times but he's kind and caring especially to those people who are close to him. All you have to do Asuka is to know him more deeply.
Asuka: No thanks! (heard Hikari sigh) Fine! I'll try! You do like him huh?.. and a lot! Hehe.. well, I can't do anything but to support you, just tell me when he hurts you and I'll send him to Pluto! Right away!
Hikari: ahahaha… I will Asuka, but I know he can't do that..
Asuka: Okay.. See yah tomorrow bf Hikari. Don't forget the box okay.. bye!
Hikari: Okay! Bye bf! Night!
Asuka: Night! (hung up the phone)
Asuka's room..
Asuka (lying in bed): Stupid Cupid? Are you in there? I can't sleep..
Stupid Cupid (lay beside Asuka): I'm just right here.. why? Do you want me to sing a lullaby for you princess?
Asuka: No! I just needed someone to talk to..
Stupid Cupid: Shinji is a somebody.. why not talk to him?..
Asuka: I don't want to! Hmph!
Stupid Cupid: Why?. You and him should talk and hang-out more often.. after all, he's your classmate and the two of you live in the same roof. Yah know, it feels nice when you have someone who can share you problems with. It somehow lessens the burden inside your heart.
Asuka: But he can't understand me.. he's.. he's.. He's so childish! He's so pathetic! He's.. Mr. No-Personality! He's nothing but an idiot meek perverted little boy!
Stupid Cupid: Really?.. how about you? Are you, at your age matured enough?…
Asuka: Of course! I already graduated college at the age of 14! I can even stand on my own feet. I don't need any one! I'm independent… since that day..
Stupid Cupid: What's that day?.. What happened?
Asuka: It's none of your business Stupid!
Stupid Cupid: Fine! But, I can't you see that maybe the true Shinji is hiding inside the idiot meek perverted little Shinji that you know..? All you have to do is to try to know him more deeply.. you have to free the true Shinji within him. Don't push people away from you Asuka/ it's not good to be alone.. don't be scared to feel being hurt, because for you to appreciate more what happiness is you must first experience what it feel to get hurt.. not only physically but also emotionally and mentally.
Asuka: but! No I can't! I'm scared! When I was young.. until now, all I can experienced is loneliness.. I have never been 100 happy.. yes.. I am so scared to be so close to any people.. because I know that in the end.. we'll only end up both being hurt and.. I don't want to feel that kind of hurt any more.. every one! Every one who became close to me is always leaving me..! why! Of all people why do I have to experience this! When I'm showing love to other people, they don't care! And when I'm showing the negative part of me, they still don't care! Because of that, I decided to show all of my bad attitude.. because I'll get nothing on showing some love.. it's not fair.. life for me is not fair! (tears started to fall from her eyes) no! I'm crying again! I'm so pathetic! Your right! I'm still childish like Shinji! I'm weak! I'm not strong! I'm just acting to be strong! Because I don't want others to pity me! All I want is praise, compliments.. that's what I get from eva.. eva is my life.. there's no way I'm gonna leave it! I don't want to cry! I feel so.. so.. weak.. so pathetic..
Stupid Cupid: Ssshhh.. your not pathetic and weak.. actually your strong.. if I am to experience it I don't know if I can take it at all.. but see yourself, you can survive.. and not because your crying your weak. You know, from my info about people, you people cry to lessen the burdens that you feel. You cry to show or to free emotions. Some people cry when their angry, sad, hurt or even happy. So it doesn't mean that whenever you cry your weak. It's just one way of releasing or expressing what you feel and for you to feel more better after.
Asuka just cried after Cupid said that. After some minutes, she finally fell asleep with Stupid Cupid just watching and caressing her hair.
Stupid Cupid: (thoughts) I have to do something for her. After all, I almost look like her guardian.. hehe.. yes Asuka, your still a child but, your not weak. Maybe it's still not the right time for my real mission. Well, she'll just remember what happened if ever she sees me.. hmmm..
The next day..
DAY 1”
End of classes..
Asuka (in the front): So, classmates! It's the day 1. and as you can see our box is almost full.. So here's what you're going to do.. After I call you one by one to get your letters, gifts or something like death threats.. you'll get a piece of paper.. and in that piece of paper, you'll write the number of letters etc. etc.. that you received. Understood?..
Students: (nodded) Uh-Huh!
Asuka: Good! So, let's start with Kensuke.. it'll be a routine everyday until Valentines Day.. Kensuke Aida! Move!
Kensuke: ma'am!
Shinji/Asuka/Misato Residence..
Evening..
In the living room..
Asuka: so, did you also got letters?
Shinji: Yup! And I was also shocked to get a chocolate from a girl…
Asuka: Really..
Shinji: You? How many letters did yah received? Of course it's a bunch..
Asuka: Yeah! Just what I thought it would be.. an invitation for a date from the perverted guys but.. one do stands out..
Shinji: Oh..? What's the codename?
Asuka: it's none of your business..
Shinji: Okay… sorry…
Asuka: Hmph! But I wonder who he is..
Day 2..
End of classes..
Asuka: Classmates! Same routine.. Kensuke! Your first..
Kensuke: Again!
Asuka (glaring): Any complains?
Kensuke: (sweat drops) No! I don't have.. hehe.. it's nice to be first..
Day 3..
THE SAME ROUTINE!
Day 4..
THE SAME ROUTINE AGAIN…
Day 5..
Morning..
Asuka: Classmates.. We all know that 3 more days to go including now and it's Valentines Day. So, because there will be no classes for tomorrow `coz it's Saturday and the next day for it's Sunday today is the last day that you can be able to put gifts etc.. etc.. to the3 big box.. I'll tell you my plan for Valentines at the end of our classes. That's all classmates.
Asuka returned to her seat and the first sensei entered the room.
End Of classes…
Asuka: Classmates. I'll tell you now my plan guys.. here, can you see this pieces of paper? Well, I collected this papers because I want to know who will get the most numbers of letters and gifts.. and the winner is……
Students: (cut Asuka) Asuka…
Asuka: NO!
Students: (shocked) What! You didn't get the most number of letters?
Asuka: Yeah.. I do received the most and I am supposed to be the winner but---- it's not me! Hehe.. because I'm the one who planned everything..
Touji: Then.. who is it?
Asuka: We'll.. she's---------------HIKARI! Hihihi..
Students: Really!
Hikari: (shocked) What! I did! I only received few from other guys but----
Asuka: (cut Hikari) but.. there's one who's consistent in sending 10 letters a day.
Students (girls): 10 letters?
Girl student 01: Wow.. that is so, so sweet..
Girl student 02: I wish I had a suitor like that..
Asuka: So Hikari, because you received the most number of letters you'll get your prize on Valentines Day..
Hikari: What's the prize?
Asuka: you'll be a..—Bachelorette..
Hikari: ohhh………… SHIT!