Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ 13th Night - Mind Games ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Thank you to everybody who reviewed this story

_________________________________________________________ _________________________________


13th Night - Mind Games

Epilogue

Shido woke in his own coffin, somewhat confused and disoriented, because he couldn't recall how he got there. His eyes narrowed and he gave a short, irritated growl as he remembered the night before. For a moment he lay there, wondering if those things he remembered really had happened.

It sure felt real enough. A faint hint of crimson stained the young vampire's cheeks at that thought. He raised his hand and touched his neck cautiously.
The puncture wounds where Cain had bitten him had long since closed, but the flesh was still sensitive to the touch and most likely bruised. As Shido probed further he found more bruises and tender spots. For the first time in a long time he wished that he could see himself in a mirror, and inspect the 'damage'.

"Damn you, Cain", he growled. "One 'love bite' wasn't enough? You did that on purpose didn't you?"

He could only hope that those marks had faded by the time he got back to Japan. In his experience there was nothing scarier than a jealous woman, except of course for two jealous women and a green skinned faerie.

Shido sighed as he pushed away the coffin lid and rose. A quick gaze through the window told him that the night was still young.

If I'm lucky, Cain is out hunting, and I'll be able to leave without having to face him again. There was no reason for him to stay here any longer.

Why not; because you've got what you came for?

No! Shido growled at the annoying little voice in the back of his head. "I did not come here to re-kindle old relations. I only came to find answers.

What kind of answers? If he kisses still as good as he used to? If he really meant it when he told you that he loved you?

NO! Shido shook his head to banish those thoughts from his mind. I have to go, he decided resolutely.  Staying at this place any longer is dangerous.

###

From the roof of the castle, draped in his black cloak, and almost invisible against the dark night sky, Cain watched as the other vampire walked down the cobblestone road. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't at least somewhat disappointed that Shido had decided to leave once again, but he wasn't ready to give up on his rebellious childe just yet.

Leave if you must, he thought. I know you will be back, and eventually you will stay with me for good. Until that day comes I'll wait patiently, and watch over you from the shadows, Shido, my love.

_______________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Author's Note: 

Well, that's it. Sorry it took so long to complete this. Please check out the lovely drawing Kashie Chan made for this story. (mediaminer and ff.net members you will have to go to my website to see the picture. The URL is on my profile page)

Feedback is greatly appreciated, constructive criticism is welcome :-)