One Piece Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rubber Dragon (title may change) ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rubber Dragon (Title may Change)
 
Disclaimer: I own only the Multi-verse series. Piccolo and Luffy do not belong to me *sniffles* nor will they ever. (Disclaimer applies to all chapters).
 
Chapter One
 
By: caikocat/LemonKitty
 
XXX
 
The primal power of nature raged around him, the storm relentless as a beast gone mad with hunger. Wind, rain, lightning and thunder at their worst, beating down upon the small village that lay at the edge of the sea. The village itself was safe enough, because while the storm was bad they had gotten a glimpse of him as they'd hurried to take shelter. The villagers trusted him to keep the waves back and away from their humble abode. Not that he did it to help them; it was a good way to train. Not many could brag that they could shield a village from monstrous tides with only a thought.
 
He'd done this many times before, so the villagers no longer ran in fear of his presence, they'd come quite accustomed to seeing him during the rainy season. And for a time they'd even taken to leaving small gifts on the beach whenever they saw dark clouds approaching on the horizon. At first he'd ignored the simple gestures, not really understanding the purpose. Until one morning…
 
xxx
 
“Um…thank you.”
 
Piccolo turned to look at the young woman who stood next to the stone altar where the villagers had taken to leaving small amounts of food and trinkets. She held a jar of water, shifting from foot to foot uncertainty tainting her stance. He raised a brow-less ridge and looked at her.
 
“Thank you for keeping us safe during the storms.” Her voice was louder now, bolder. He remained silent. “We really appreciate your protection…and well as you can see we've been leaving gifts for you.” She gestured to the stone altar, now wiped clean by the recent storm. “But you never take what we give so…the elders…” The girl bit her lip, fear returning to her eyes.
 
“Spit it out.” His voice sounded harsh, even to his own ears.
 
She took a breath and started again. “The elders chose me, to be your next gift.” Her eyes closed, and she grew tense as if expecting him to strike her.
 
“I don't require anything…least of all you.”
 
Her eyes flew open, big blue orbs of surprise landing on him. “But…you never eat the food we leave, or drink the wine…so…the elders…they decided that you might want something else.” Her face began to redden. “So, I'm your gift this time, to do with as you please.”
 
Piccolo snorted. “I don't take the food because I don't need it. I only need water to live. Go back to the village kid.” He turned to leave and sighed when he heard her step toward him to grab a hold of his wet cape.
 
“Please…I can't go back now…I'm the gift…a sacrifice so…”
 
Piccolo looked at her again. She was beautiful, her red hair loose in the calm breeze, blowing across her face a bit. Her eyes were the color of the warm waters of the south, very breathtaking indeed. He frowned. “They've made you a sacrifice…what do they think I am?”
 
She chewed on her lower lip again, this time not in fear but in thought. “No one really knows for sure. Some think you're a demon…some a god. So to appease you we've left gifts like our ancestors did in ancient times.”
 
He brought a hand to his forehead, as if to stop the flow of information. “Humans can be so stupid.” With a sigh he held out his hand for the jar of water she carried. “I'll take the water; tell your elders that I don't want anymore offerings like you.”
 
The girl looked mad now, though he had no idea why. “I told you that I can't go back! The only reason they chose me is because I have no family here that would object to my being the sacrifice.” Her eyes flashed in fear again, and this time he knew it wasn't him she was scared of. “I'm not part of the village anymore.”
 
“Damn.” He sighed and rubbed his temple. “Then I'll go with you, we'll let your elders,” He snarled his lip at the word, “know that all I need from them is water, if anything at all.” He took one step, then another beginning to make his way to the village. As he walked passed her she grabbed his arm. “Now what?”
 
“My name is Kieya…thank you.”
 
He nodded once. “I'm Piccolo, now come on.”
 
xxx
 
Piccolo shook himself out of his thoughts, bringing his mind back to the task at hand, just in time to keep a large wave from smashing the village. As it came down he blocked it with his mind pushing it back, fighting against nature itself and effectively knocking it away from the cluster of buildings.
 
This was the reason the villagers had insisted that he was a guardian or a demon. They had never seen anything like what he did with only his mental power, keeping the waves away with only his thoughts.
 
He smirked; this kind of training was much more difficult than moving mountains. Mountains were stationary, never moving, no driving force what-so-ever. But the sea, the sea was alive, especially during a storm such as this. The grey waters churned in fury below him, as if angered by his intervention while the wind howled in outrage around him. And the rain drove down on him fighting a meaningless battle for simple raindrops, no matter how many would never move him.
 
As he blocked another wave with a mental push his eyes were drawn to an unusual set of clouds. They were darker, almost purple than the rest of the sky, it's spiraling center twisted into something ugly and lightning was emitted from it. He frowned at the unusual occurrence, never before had he seen a cloud that looked like a whirlpool. And as he pondered it's appearance and the odd energy it gave off, the center of the whirling cloud grew lighter, as a glowing lilac aura appeared at it's center.
 
“What in the name of-“
 
With another flash of lightning and a clap of thunder a figure was thrown from the odd cloud. Piccolo could only stare as the body fell towards the roiling waters below, and he nearly missed the next wave as it came crashing towards him and the village behind him. But a last minute push from his mind stopped it's approach and it fell back, rejoining the grey waters below.
 
He looked up again towards the strange cloud, but it was nearly gone it's purpose seemingly over as it fizzled and faded. The warrior stayed in place, hovering above the sea, his eyes closing and he concentrated on his surroundings. The rain had lessened, only a light drizzle now and the waves had calmed a bit, only a danger to anyone stupid enough to be walking on the soggy beach.
 
He continued to search for the presence of whatever had come hurtling from the strange cloud, his mind seeking out any sort of life-force that would give away the location. And he found nothing, not a single blip slipped into his awareness. The being…whatever it was had probably already been dead when it was thrown from the sky.
 
Piccolo sighed and started to head toward the capsul house he occupied with Kieya. He'd only moved a small distance when he felt it. The aura was strong; fighting even though he could tell the owner was unconscious. So with nothing but his senses directing him he plummeted down towards the murky waters, even farther down below the surface. And he searched for the aura that was like a light in the dark now that he was closer.
 
Quickly he swam towards the figure, a human boy dressed in a red shirt and shorts, a straw hat clutched firmly to his chest. He fought against the leftover current from the storm, it's force nothing compared to his own. When he reached the boy the warrior was surprised to see his eyes were open, though he was dazed. And really out of it in Piccolo's opinion because the kid gave him a weak smile before losing consciousness.
 
Though puzzled by the smile and the boy's lack of movement he wrapped his arms around the slim frame and pulled him closer to hold him bridal style before heading to the surface. Once in the air he was relieved to see the kid's chest rise and fall, his breathing normal, though a little shallow.
 
“Why do I always end up playing babysitter?” He asked the unconscious figure in his arms. “First it was Gohan, then Kieya and now you.” The boy remained as he was, still and breathing and Piccolo shook his head. “Hope Kieya's up for company.”
 
xxx
 
It was cold. That was the first thing to cross one Monkey D. Luffy's mind. It was cold, windy and he was wet, which made him even colder and he responded by shivering violently. Why was it so windy? Shouldn't he be inside where it would be warm and Sanji could fix him something good to eat?
 
He fought to open his eyes, which was harder than it should be, the cold had made him body numb and he couldn't really feel anything. And he was tired, more tired than when Sanji had slipped a sedative into his food that one time. But after a brief internal ass-kicking he managed to open his eyes a bit, just in time to see a strange looking man wrapping him up in something big and white. Whatever it was, it was wet, but at least it blocked the wind.
 
Luffy continued to gaze at the man, fighting to keep his eyes open, while letting his confusion flow over him. Who was this guy? Why was he green? Where was his hat? His eyes widened at that last thought and he tried to move, a frantic energy consuming him. His hat had to be okay.
 
He tried to struggle but the man had a strong grip on him, and in his weakened state he couldn't do much. He let out a sound that almost sounded like a whimper.
 
“Stop squirming, you're safe.” A deep voice grumbled.
 
Stunned Luffy looked at the green man, black eyes widening. “My hat.” Was all he could manage to get out, his voice sounding funny to his ears.
 
The man gave him an exasperated look. “You're holding it kid. Now be still.”
 
Luffy twitched his hands and was relieved to feel the damp straw of his beloved hat. He was warmer now that the wind was blocked and his body not quite as numb. A happy sigh escaped him before he closed his eyes. The struggle had taken a lot out of him; it was time for a nap.
 
xxx
 
Piccolo smirked. The boy had just escaped death and he was worried about his hat. He shook his head and continued with his new charge towards the house he shared with Kieya. With a thought he reached out and touched her mind to let her know that he was bringing company. Not that he needed to, she'd be able to sense the new aura that was with him. She was far enough in her training that her senses were nearly as good as his, though he would always be a step above her due to his Namekian nature.
 
As he landed on the ground in front of the rounded structure Kieya opened the door to let him in. She nodded to him. “Ni-san.” Her gaze moved to rest on the boy he carried. “He's not from the village.”
 
Walking passed her he nodded. “Kid fell from the sky.”
 
“Really?” Her blue eyes gave the boy a curious look. “I've heard stories of people being picked up by tornados and ending up miles away from their homes, though they usually don't survive.” She followed him into the spare room they had, watching him while he unwrapped his cloak from the boy's body.
 
“That storm was no tornado.” Piccolo replied throwing her his sodden cloak, she caught it easily and made a face as it dripped on the carpet.
 
“I gathered as much when I saw those purple clouds out there.” She left the room for a minute only to return with some towels. “Strip him down and dry him off. I'll take care of his clothes.”
 
Piccolo retrieved the straw hat from the boy's grasp, which was strong despite his sleep. “Dry the hat. It seems important to him, he asked about it when he was conscious.” He handed the hat to her and she took it from him gently, keeping her gaze else where while proceeded to remove the rest of the boy's clothes.
 
“You need anything else?” She held the sodden articles of cloth away from her, her eyes meeting Piccolo's as he paused in his work towel draped over the unconscious boy.
 
“I'd like some coffee after I shower, and he'll probably be hungry when he wakes.”
 
She nodded. “You going to eat today?” Her voice sounded hopeful.
 
Piccolo sighed. “Sure, go ahead and fix a full meal.” He smirked as she beamed at him, her smile nearly giddy with excitement.
 
“Good, I'll start cooking now.” With that she nearly skipped out of the room. Piccolo shook his head, even after rooming together for two whole years the girl was a mystery to him. Her utter seriousness was a breath of fresh air compared to his friendships with Goku and Gohan. But her obsession with cooking was what really baffled him.
 
He concentrated on the boy before him as he began again to dry the water from his body. Leaving the boy's unruly black hair for last he wiped away the liquid from the his nude form, rolling him over, and turning him this way and that to get the job done. The namek paused however when one of the boy's arms shot out at him, stretching and then wrapping around him to pull him close. Surprised to say the least he was pitched forward and held tightly.
 
“Warm.” The boy mumbled snuggling closer against him.
 
Not sure what to do Piccolo lay there for a moment, utterly still before unwrapping the arms that held him. It took a while for the boy's arms had lengthened and were coiled around him several times. And in the midst of his attempt at untangling himself he heard Kieya giggle from the doorway.
 
“You look like you could use some help Ni-san.” Her eyes sparkled in humor, and her head tilted to the side. “He's not a normal human.”
 
“No kidding, give me a hand will you.” He grumped as she moved to help him remove the boy's arms from him. “It's like the kid's made of rubber.”
 
“Seems like it. Interesting ability though.” They watched as the boy's arms snapped back to their original length.
 
He rolled his eyes. “Trust a kid to make things difficult, I'll have to dry him off again.” Kieya snickered beside him and he glared at her. “I thought you were going to go bury yourself in your cooking.”
 
Grinning, she pat him on the shoulder. “Just came to check on you, your aura spiked a bit when he grabbed you. I'll go now.”
 
She left the room again and Piccolo approached the boy a bit more cautious and dried him off a second time.
 
When he was finally dry and under the covers Piccolo was more than ready for a shower and cup of hot coffee. But when he started to leave a rubbery hand grabbed his arm.
 
“Thank you.”
 
He looked over his shoulder at the boy. “No problem kid. Go back to sleep.”
 
The boy nodded. “Hat?”
 
“My little sister is drying it.”
 
“Who are you?” The boy whispered.
 
“Piccolo.”
 
He nodded. “I'm Monkey D. Luffy, the man who will become Pirate King.”
 
Piccolo smirked. “Fine kid, now sleep.”
 
“Okay.” His hand dropped back down to his side and his eyes closed. In moments he was asleep, soft snores filling the room.
 
XXX
 
Author's Notes: OMGz! I swear I was going to do this thing in snapshot mode…but it just didn't want to cooperate. Once I sat down and started typing this thing just took over and started writing itself. I had almost no control over it. This may turn out to be a full-fledged fic yet. T_T though I had no intention of that. >>; Oh well, what happens, happens ya know.
 
The next chapter will take place after Luffy's been there for a week. So he'll be up and running around, not to mention driving Piccolo nuts, and keeping Kieya entertained.
 
And this will be a Piccolo/Luffy, Luffy/Piccolo fic. Kieya is merely a young woman excommunicated from the village who sees Piccolo as her only family, hence her calling him Ni-san (big brother).
Reviews are welcome! *hint hint*