One Piece Fan Fiction / Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Cruise ❯ Allies From Opposite Sides—Destination Set ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own One Piece, Teen Titans, or any characters or elements contained within. I believe these can be credited to the geniuses Eiichiro Oda [author and artist of OP], Marv Wolfman and George Perez [respective author and artist of The New Teen Titans comic of the eighties], and Glen Murakami and his talented crew [the staff of the Teen Titans animated series, the Titans version which this story is based off.] Thanks for developing these wonderful characters I have the pleasure of using in this story!
 
Any original characters, however, belong to Pivitor. Remember it!
 
 
The Ultimate Cruise:
One Piece meets Teen Titans
 
Chapter Two: Allies From Opposite Sides—Destination Set
 
The six Teen Titans stood uneasily on the wooden deck of the Merry Go. Somehow, the Crystal of Iso Toa had teleported them onto this strange boat full of unusual people. The question of how it had done it remained—but now there were more important things to worry about. The ship's captain—the miraculous rubberman Monkey D. Luffy, who had just defeated Slade in a single attack—thought the Titans were his enemies!
 
“Robin, what do we do?!” Starfire cried. “Shall we attack?”
 
“I don't know Star.” Robin sighed, moving his head back and forth as he stared at the threat surrounding them. “I really don't know.” The six of them together could no doubt take the two warriors who now opposed them; however, Robin didn't want to make them his enemy unless he had to. There was no reason for them to fight!
 
“Aye Zoro!” Luffy exclaimed, winding his arm up even faster. “Are you ready to fight?”
 
“You bet!” Zoro smiled, lifting his katana above his head as he jumped headlong into an attack. The Titans moved close to each other, waiting for a command from Robin. Fortunately for them, it never had to be issued. An orange streak zoomed between them and Luffy, knocking Luffy backwards into the mast. It then dashed to Zoro, hitting him in the stomach and knocking him flat on his back.
 
“You guys are the biggest idiots I've ever known!” The streak exclaimed—revealing itself to be the navigator Nami, holding a long red staff. She snapped her wrists, breaking the staff into three connected pieces similar to numbchucks. She stuffed the collapsible weapon down her cleavage, confident nobody in the world would be brazen enough to go after it there. “These guys can't be pirates!” She continued, obviously beyond irritated. “They don't even have a ship! They just randomly appeared on our deck, if you didn't notice Luffy! Wouldn't you like an explanation?” Luffy shrugged.
 
“Don't blame me you wench.” Zoro grunted, using his empty sheath as a cane to push himself onto his feet. He tossed his one drawn katana into the air, then held the sheath up. “I didn't see that. I was only following Luffy's orders after all.” The sword fell from the air—straight into its sheath. Zoro span the sheath in his hand before tucking it into his belt, besides the other two.
 
Luffy's eyes lit up, as if it had taken his brain that long to think of a rebuttal. Perhaps it had. “But Nami, their leader hurt Chopper! They must be bad!”
 
“He wasn't our leader!” Robin interjected, waving his gloved hands as if to ward off that unthinkable idea as quick as possible. “That man is Slade—our biggest enemy! He stole this jewel,” Robin gestured towards the Stone of Iso Toa that Raven was holding in her hand, “And I think it brought us here somehow.” The boy wonder blushed, realizing how insane their story sounded.
 
“Indeed!” Starfire exclaimed. “The Slade is a very bad man, and we have nothing to do with him!”
 
“Oh.” Luffy said hesitantly, scratching his chin. “Okay!” The Titans collapsed. It's a good thing they were telling the truth; it appeared that this Luffy was too gullible for his own good! They just stood there for a few minutes, letting the warm ocean breeze caress them as they tried to figure out what to do next. It was finally the sensible Raven who spoke up.
 
“Well, as entertaining as this is, I guess we should try to figure out a way back home.” she suggested. Nami nodded.
 
“Good idea!” Luffy exclaimed. “But it isn't good to think on an empty stomach. HEY SANJI! WHERE'S MY MEAT?!”
 
Cyborg's eyes lit up—well, the one that isn't normally lit anyway. “Meat?” he asked. “What sort of meat? Pork, bacon, lamb, veal, ham, beef…I love it all!”
 
“Me too!” Luffy laughed, wrapping his arm around his new mechanical friend. “Sanji! You better make a lot more meat!”
 
The door to the kitchen opened with the force of a hundred explosions, slamming against the wall behind it. Sanji emerged, anger reflecting in his eyes and the ladle in his hand shaking. He had an apron on over his normal black suit. “Luffy, how many times am I going to have to tell you not to—” The cook's lecture was cut short by the sight awaiting him on the deck. Standing behind his beautiful Nami-san were three more lovely ladies! The one in the cloak seemed to have an understated beauty, and the blonde one sure was a cutie. However, Starfire was the one who had caught Sanji's wandering eye the most. He dashed to her, grabbing both of her hands as he again fell victim to his hormones.
 
“What a beautiful specimen!” he exclaimed. “Who might you be?” Drool hung from Sanji's mouth as his heart beat so hard that it seemed to burst from his chest.
 
“Um,” Starfire stammered, “I am called Starfire.” He moved his face in closer, prompting Star to back away, levitating slightly into the sky. Her efforts were in vain; nothing could keep Sanji away from a beautiful girl.
 
“Star-kun!” Sanji exclaimed, a wobbly smile spreading across his face as he created another pet name. Robin's eyes narrowed into slits, steam nearly blowing out of his ears. How dare he hit on Starfire! Fortunately, Terra stepped in before the boy wonder did anything hasty. Sensing Star's discomfort, she grabbed the infatuated cook by his shoulder and pulled him away.
 
“I'm Terra.” She smiled, rubbing Sanji's head. His legs turned to rubber. “Now it's your turn. Just who are you?” The cook's eyes lit up.
 
“Terra-chan! My name is Sanji, and I will cook you anything your heart desires!” This time it was Terra who lit up. Her massive appetite just might rival that of Luffy's. Sanji felt a weird presence, and turning, noticed Raven floating right next to him. This was his lucky day! All these girls couldn't wait to get their hands on him! “Now it's your turn missy.” He flirted.
 
Raven sighed. Sanji had invaded yet another female's personal space, and his cigarette was right in the girl's face. “I'm Raven.” She said as the pupils in her eyes disappeared, letting an eerie white trail float from them instead. A small black field enveloped Sanji's cigarette, pulling it right from the cook's mouth. It floated over the edge of the ship before falling into the ocean. “It's a nasty habit.” Raven said, turning her back and walking away from the man.
 
“I don't like you.” Sanji spat, still a bit dumbfounded at the rejection. Suddenly he seemed to snap as he leaped into the air, poising his deadly leg for a kick.
 
“Oh Sanji…” Nami called sweetly. Sanji ended his attack and fell to the ground, captivated by a request from his sweet Nami. “I think we all want our food now.”
 
“Yes Nami-san!” Sanji gushed, leaving a trail of dust as he rushed back into the kitchen. The navigator laughed at how easily that man could be played.
 
“And I thought Beast Boy tried too hard.” Raven said. Beast Boy started to laugh before realizing he was being insulted, after which he just hung his head. Perhaps he did try too hard, but it was just with Terra—not with every girl that came along like this basket case!
 
“Um, excuse me.” Chopper asked, tugging on Raven's cape. The gothic girl stared down at the little creature; not even her seemingly unshakable confidence could stop her from shuddering at the reindeer's quasi-human appearance. “How did you do that thing with Sanji's cigarette?”
 
Raven smiled. “I guess you could say it's a form of magic; I've been able to do stuff like that since I was born. It's just a part of me now.”
 
“Wow!” Chopper gasped. “Can the rest of you guys do that?” He asked, eyes wide as he pictured the potential of these new guests.
 
“No, but there is plenty we can all do.” Robin smiled. “Why don't we show them?” The others nodded, but before they could begin the kitchen door again blew open. Sanji dashed out, trays of food piled high on each arm. He zipped back and forth, placing plates in front of the passengers. Usopp followed, finishing the job.
 
“Dig in!” Sanji exclaimed, eagerly watching the faces of his new fantasy girls as he waited for their reaction to his masterpiece.
 
“Uh…who are these guys?” Usopp asked, looking around the deck stupefied. Since when had their crew gained six new members?
 
“Good question.” Sanji echoed. In his lust over the new visitors, he never realized that he had absolutely no clue who they were!
 
“I guess it would be a good idea to go over just how we all got here so that we could look for answers on how to get back home.” Robin said. “Come on, I'll explain it all as we eat.” As everybody began to sit down, Beast Boy pulled at the pile of meat on his plate. His face contorted in disgust.
 
“Excuse me cook guy.” Beast Boy said, “But you wouldn't happen to have some tofu would you?” Sanji looked perplexed. “Or perhaps a veggie burger?” Still no recognition. “Um…anything that isn't meat?”
 
“Oh.” Sanji grunted. He thought for a second. “Share with the reindeer.” Beast Boy looked at the animal's plate; it was covered with nothing but greens. Chopper smiled, moving over and patting the seat next to him. The little green boy sighed, hoping all the meals didn't go like this. What's life without tofu?
 
“So anyway,” Robin began, “It all started with a man called Slade.” As Robin told the bizarre story of their fight with Slade and subsequent journey onto the Grand Line, it became glaringly obvious that not everybody was listening. Both Luffy and Cyborg were seated at a table away from the group, endlessly jamming meat down their throats.
 
“Watch this.” Luffy smiled. He picked up a chicken leg, shoving the entire thing down his throat. Never losing his grin, he pulled the bone from his mouth, tossing it overboard.
 
“That's nothing.” Cyborg taunted. He picked up two legs, doing the exact same thing with them. Luffy groaned, picking up three legs. Not to be undone, Cyborg grabbed an entire chicken! With neither wanting to give in, the great eat off was underway!
 
Terra, sitting in the back of the crowd, chuckled at the two. Boys were so silly sometimes. Of course, she could eat right up there with the rest of them. Last time her and Cyborg had had an eat off, the Titan alert had buzzed before it could be finished. Of course, neither of them could move for the fight afterwards. She laughed to herself remembering that fight; but then she was forced to grab her stomach, fending off that sensation that kept creeping up on her. How was she supposed to endure this pain with these buffoons around her? Terra moved, stealthily sneaking off onto the back deck for some alone time.
 
 
 
“I can't believe that Nami sometimes.” Usopp grumbled, climbing the long rope-ladder to the Crow's Nest. “She sends me to look for Marines just as the contest gets good!” The sniper laughed to himself, remembering the sight of Luffy stuffing an entire 100 pound tuna down his throat. The fair captain's rubber body was growing more and more with every bite; Usopp wouldn't be surprised if he didn't fit on the deck soon enough! Of course, Cyborg was eating just as much, and he didn't change at all. “Just where does he keep it all, anyway?” He asked himself. “Perhaps he has a food processor in him somewhere.” Usopp laughed at his own joke. Pulling himself into the Crow's Nest, he quickly scanned the surrounding ocean. Not a sight of any boat for miles. Good! Now he could get back to the contest.
 
Just as Usopp started to watch the competition again, he heard what sounded like sniffling coming from behind him. Turning, the lookout set his sights on the smaller back deck were Zoro usually took his naps. Of course, the swordsman wasn't there now; instead, a small girl sat near the railing, crying to herself. Usopp was stunned; she was the spitting image of his Kaya-sama! The beloved maiden who he had cared for all those years back at his home, who he had helped save from the devious Klahadore, and who had given him the Merry Go: the esteemed lady Kaya. Usopp couldn't get over Terra's resemblance to Kaya-sama: the long blonde hair, the beautiful face, even the frail body.
 
“Well now,” Usopp smiled to himself, “I can't let a fair maiden cry now, can I?” Shrugging off any ideas that he was only doing this because she reminded him of Kaya-sama, he told himself that it was his duty as a brave sea warrior! “Captain Usopp is coming!” He exclaimed, grabbing into one of the ropes and sliding down. He almost made a perfect landing, right until his foot hit the ground wrong, knocking the sniper right onto his face. Terra looked up, finally letting out a chuckle.
 
Usopp blushed, jumping to his feet and brushing the dust off his overalls. Trying to look as poised as possible, he casually stretched his arm behind his head. “So, fair miss, why are you crying?”
 
“I feel sick.” Terra moaned, grabbing her stomach again. It wasn't a wrenching, death-like pain—it was more like a dull buzz, that nauseous feeling that just made you miserable.
 
“Could you be seasick?” Usopp suggested.
 
Terra smiled. “No, that's not it. If I'm in a lake, or a pool, or even a bay where I can see land, I'm fine.” She closed her eyes, leaning her head back against the railing. “My powers give me control over the very Earth itself. When I'm this far away from land—when I can't feel its strength anymore—that's when this happens. I'll be okay once we get to shore.”
 
“But I can't let you feel bad that long!” Usopp exclaimed. “I know! I'll serenade you with tales of my great adventures as a brave sea captain!”
 
“You have brave tales?” Terra asked. “I thought Luffy was the captain.”
 
Usopp blushed, laughing nervously as he tried to think of a way out of it. “Well, that's what we like to let people think…” Usopp didn't give Terra a chance to turn him down. The sniper dove deep into his imagination, pulling tales out of thin air. He acted out his implausible adventures, fiercely slaying dragons, destroying giants, and defeating the enemies he could still vividly remember Luffy taking down himself. It seemed like ages passed as the boy did what he did best: Usopp lied, but he lied to make people feel better.
 
“Come on, what happened next?” Terra asked eagerly, getting into the stories.
 
“Well…” Usopp thought, reaching into the green bag that hung from his shoulder. He pulled out an egg, setting it into his slingshot and turning towards the front of the ship, pulling back on his weapon of choice. “I yelled `You won't survive this Dragon! Take my Rotten Egg Shot!'” He let go of the slingshot, unleashing the egg. “Then the dragon said—”
 
“Eww.” Usopp and Terra both turned to see Beast Boy standing on the edge of the stairs, rotten egg yoke streaming down his face. “If it weren't for all the meat this would be bearable.” He sighed.
 
“Beast Boy!” Terra exclaimed. She actually jumped to her feet, running to his side. Pulling a handkerchief from the pocket of her khakis, she started wiping yoke from his face.
 
“Terra?” Usopp said, flabbergasted. “You're on your feet!”
 
“So I am.” Terra smiled. “I was having so much fun listening to your stories that I forgot about the pain. To tell the truth, I can't feel it at all now.” Hearing a frustrated sigh from her furry friend, the ground-mover looked back to him. “Sorry, BB. What did you want?”
 
“I thought you might like to see the end of the eating contest!” he exclaimed. “They haven't stopped yet, and one of them is gonna blow soon!”
 
“Wow, that sounds great!” Terra laughed. “I'll be there in a sec.” Turning back around, she faced her `savior' once again. “Thanks for the stories, Usopp.” The sniper blushed, watching happily as the two left the deck. “But next time, don't lie. I know you have some good stories of your own to tell.” She called over her shoulder.
 
Usopp was taken aback. She knew he was lying? However, he quickly realized she was right. He had lots of stories he could tell that weren't lies! There was the time when he defeated the Merman, the time when he and Vivi's duck had saved Zoro and the others, and even the time when he shot the Jalapeño bullet right down Mr. 5's throat! “Wow! I never realized how much I can actually do!”
 
“Look!” Terra exclaimed, running ahead. “They're not going to last much longer!” As she dashed onto the deck, Beast Boy lagged behind, his head hung low. He thought he had something with Terra, but that whole time she had been flirting with that sniper! Usopp's spirits quickly dropped too. After all that effort, she had run off with Beast Boy the second he appeared, not to mention her eagerness to clean his face!
 
“She likes him better.” Both Usopp and Beast Boy sighed.
 
 
 
“Luffy you idiot!” Nami screamed, spinning as she threw a punch straight into his overly inflated stomach. The captain burped, sending a shower of bones from his mouth. They fell into the ocean, creating a serenade of splashing water. Luffy passed out, his inflated body rolling backwards from the table. Cyborg had fared no better. He was face down in his food, a few sparks fizzling around his joints.
 
“And such is the price of glory.” Raven mocked, disgusted by the boys' display of foolishness.
 
“Well, I guess it's a draw.” Zoro laughed.
 
“Yeah, but they ate all our food.” Sanji grunted. “Now we'll have to rely on the back up food.” Tony Tony Chopper jumped five feet, running behind Nami for protection. Sanji hadn't hesitated to admit numerous times that he considered Chopper their emergency food supply.
 
“Actually, we shouldn't worry about it too much.” Nami smiled, glancing at her indicator. “I had forgotten all about moving off track, but somehow we drifted back onto course! I estimate we should reach our destination by the morning!” Everybody cheered. “I suggest we get to bed now; it's really late. We can worry about finding a way for you guys to get home once we reach land.”
 
“Wait!” Chopper exclaimed, pointing to Robin. “We haven't seen his power yet!” During the contest, the Titans had shown the Straw Hat Pirates their abilities; Cyborg had even shot off a sonic blast from his cannon, although he was still grabbing meat with his other hand the entire time. Terra hadn't gone yet either due to her absence, but nobody expected anything from her in the middle of the ocean anyway.
 
“Wow.” Robin smiled. “My power. Well…I'm a detective. I have a lot of cool gadgets that help me catch bad guys. But if you want to see my favorite skill, it has to be the martial arts.” Robin wound his arms in the air, moving his legs apart.
 
“Martial arts?” Nami asked. “What are those?”
 
“You know. Karate, judo, tai kwon do…” Robin only received blank stares. “Um, it's basically turning my body into a deadly weapon.” Sanji seemed to realize what he was talking about now.
 
“Oh, so it's like my Red Foot style then.” He said, pulling his cigarette away from his mouth and letting smoke puff into the sky. “You're a man after my own heart.” Robin smiled. They had their own martial art styles here?
 
“I'd like to see this style of yours.” Robin said. “How about a spar?”
 
“I don't see why not.” Sanji smiled. “But be warned, my foot can smash rock, and leave footprints in steel.” Robin laughed. He had heard worse from opponents.
 
“A fight!” Beast Boy exclaimed. “Sweet!”
 
“Goodie.” Raven sighed.
 
Zoro leaned over the railing of where he was standing. “I wonder if that pompous cook knows what he's getting himself into.” he asked, eager to see Sanji get his cocky butt handed to him.
 
Robin screamed, running towards his opponent. Sanji smirked, raising one foot straight into the air parallel with his body. Slamming it into the ground, wood flew from the ground beneath it, throwing Robin backwards before he could even launch an attack. The boy wonder gasped for breath, realizing that his opponent hadn't been kidding about his leg strength. This time Sanji charged forward, leaping into the air as he span into a kick. Robin ducked beneath it, grabbing the cook's leg and slamming him into the ground behind him.
 
Sanji quickly jumped to his feet and somersaulted, landing on one foot and spinning the other into an attack. Robin crossed his arms, bracing as the powerful kick pushed him across the deck. Pushing off the ground, the teen propelled himself over the cook's long leg and sent his elbow straight into Sanji's face. Undeterred by the trickles of blood spewing from his mouth, the suave fighter leaped onto both of his arms, wrapping his legs around Robin. Falling backwards, Sanji pile drove his opponent straight into the ground. The boy wonder broke free with a twist, leaping backwards but quickly running forwards again.
 
“Even if this is just practice, I'm not going to lose this!” Robin exclaimed, throwing his fists forward in a flurry of green thrusts. Sanji smiled, not responding as he again leaped onto his hands. Quickly moving one hand around and pushing with it, the cook started spinning rapidly. He drove forward like a propeller, blocking all of Robin's punches with his own spinning kicks. This time Robin span, throwing one killer of a punch. It collided with Sanji's foot, the recoil sending them both in the opposite direction.
 
“Go Robin!” Starfire cheered. “Kick the butt!”
 
“You can do it Sanji!” Usopp screamed.
 
“You're good.” Sanji admitted, finally removing his cigarette from his mouth.
 
“Of course I am.” Robin smiled. “I was trained by the best. But you have to be better than me: you're not even using your hands!”
 
“A cook's most valuable assets are his hands.” Sanji said. “I will not endanger them by throwing punches. I fight solely with my feet.”
 
“Awesome.” Robin said. Then he instantly took off, seeing how his opponent would react to a surprise attack. Sanji proved up to the challenge, leaning back behind a left hook. Robin swept his leg low but the cook leaped over it, thrusting his own leg forward. The nimble teen strafed to the side, leaping into the air and throwing his leg sideways towards Sanji's head. He instantly fell to the ground below the attack, throwing one of his own legs out in rapid fire kicks. Robin easily dodged through them, lashing out with some fast paced punches of his own. Sanji moved through them just as easily. Flashing a grin, the cook again threw his leg straight up into the air. However, this time Robin was prepared, launching a kick of his own. Their two feet met half way, straining against each other for a few seconds before pushing the competitors across the deck once more.
 
Robin and Sanji stared each other down for a few seconds, before running into one final dash. Unfortunately, that assault led them both straight into a wall of darkness. The two fighters fell to the ground, unconscious. Raven's eyes stopped glowing as the walls disappeared.
 
“The last thing we need tonight is two more idiots fighting until they drop.” She sighed, dragging both men by their collars. “Let's get some rest. Tomorrow's a big day.”
 
 
 
The ocean of the Grand Line is a chaotic place. Anything lost in it is rarely found, even shipwrecked people. So somehow luck, or perhaps just destiny, was on Slade's side. As the unconscious villain floated through the water, his body happened to wind up just in the right place at the right time. A grand Marine vessel floated by.
 
“Captain!” One of the marines called. “We've found a man overboard!”
 
Next Time: Slade the Marine?—The Enemy of my Enemy's Friends is my Friend