One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ A Log Pose to Nami ❯ Most Beautiful in the Four Seas! The Proposal of Queen Alvida! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Log Pose to Nami
Most Beautiful in the Four Seas!
The Proposal of Queen Alvida!
Shading his eyes, Luffy looked across the expanse of the sea, seeing the glint of some kind of pink ship, but the setting sun created a shimmering golden reflection across most of the water, making it hard to see. It took him a moment to realize that his stomach no longer hurt, but he was still hungry, and patted it absently as he rowed.
When the sun finally began to settle behind the horizon, he was able to increase to his original speed again - the sun and reflection of the water having worked against him in finding his way through the waves.
“Luffy! Stop squirming. You'll make it worse.”
“No, no, no, that stuff stings,” he said, and yanked his arm away - or at least tried to as his arm only stretched, leaving his bleeding hand in her own hand. She grinned - devilishly seemed like the right word - and poured the salve on, causing him to yelp, his eyes tearing up. “Nami, you're so mean.”
“It's for your own good,” she said. “What am I supposed to do if you're gone?”
Sitting up - and getting his hand away from her - he frowned, “Don't you mean `we?'”
“Of course, that's what I mean, you blockhead! What'll I do if you go and do something stupid like get an infection and die?”
In his head, he attempted to replace that `I' with a `we,' but knew she meant it in the first way. She was like that. “Chopper will fix me up.”
“Not if you die!”
He laughed, and said, “Well, that's why I got you.”
Her cheeks colored as her dark red-brown eyes widened, “What?”
“With how you act around me,” he said, “you're the one that's going to kill me in the end!”
Pulling her fist back, Nami punched him in the face, “Idiot!”
Jerking to attention, he took a deep breath, and looked around only to see that the ship had somehow gotten farther away, so he returned to leaning into the oars, cursing himself for almost falling asleep. His stomach constricted slightly, but it didn't growl, and his face became miserable. He didn't have Nami, he hadn't eaten in at least a day and a half, and he was getting so very exhausted.
If he didn't find some food and sleep soon, he felt like he would die.
And then what would she do?
A blister on his hand broke open, and Luffy hissed, glancing at it before he went back to the oars. On top of the whale he was going to eat, he'd make sure that Chopper tended to all the nicks and scrapes he got on his hands and bare feet, and he wouldn't use that stingy stuff - Luffy would make sure of it. He could already feel the cool wrap of the bandages, and smell the roasting meat. Nami would smile with a mandarin orange in hand, the hated salve in the other while wearing exquisite jewels, and she'd tell him he needed it for infections.
Luffy realized that he might have complied with the salve, regardless of the torture.
His eyes lit up when he saw that he was much closer to Alvida's ship than before, and with an abrupt grin, he flung a hand forward, grabbing the railing of the ship. He held onto his little boat with the bag of gold, letting him and the boat be catapulted toward the pink ship. Luffy laughed as gusts of wind whipped through his hair again, his eyes wide with delight as he soared through the air briefly right before he and the boat crashed onto the ship's deck. Blinking when the currently ruined boat settled, he inspected the deck, hoping the crash didn't wake up Alvida.
Nodding in satisfaction, he let the ruined boat and bag lie, and walked toward the cabin, hoping to find Nami inside so they could leave - on a new boat, naturally. The door opened before he even reached it though, and he found himself looking down the edge of a sword. He recoiled when he saw that Alvida was on the other end of that blade, and he edged away only to wince as he felt other swords press against his back.
“Straw Hat Luffy,” she said, “in the middle of the night? I'm flattered. What's the reason for this delightful intrusion?”
“I want-”
“I know exactly what you want!” She pulled back her sword, but it was replaced with at least ten more from her crew, and Luffy was made to follow her. Getting an annoyed look on his face, he considered picking his nose, and flinging a booger into her hair. Just as he was about to dig in, his eyes widened as he was led into a large room stacked with food, drink, and, more importantly, meat.
“All right! Food!” He dodged through the swords to get to the table, and then started to chomp into a bird leg. “Uhmmm!”
Alvida stepped up behind him, flipping her hair, “You want to get through our wedding reception!”
Blinking, Luffy turned slowly to face her, his mouth full with his fourth leg of meat, “Muh?”
“Eat hearty for then we shall marry!”
Luffy spit out the food into her face as he screamed, “I'm not marrying you!”
She only smiled as her Sube Sube powers caused the food to miss her completely, and fall to the floor, “It would be fitting though. You as the Pirate King need the most beautiful woman of the seas as your wife. I would make the perfect Pirate Queen.”
“Where's Nami?” He said, and he watched as Alvida's face twisted into confusion.
“You mean that horrible little navigator?” Her iron club came smashing down onto the floor planks, “Who is the most beautiful woman on the seas!?”
“It's you, Alvida-sama,” said the crew, nearly crying with joy at the sight of her. “It's you!”
“You see, Luffy? I-” She stopped in shock, gaping when she saw that Luffy was climbing out the window, “Hey! I'm talking to you here!”
Pulling down his lower eyelid, he stuck his long tongue out at her, “Phooey, I'm not listening to you.”
With this said, he stretched his arm up the side of the ship, and he grabbed the railing to sling himself onto the deck again, just barely missing being hit by several swords and daggers thrown at him. Starting to dash across the deck, he went back into the ship, running down the hall quickly while busting down doors in his search.
Finally, he smashed one door down, and poked his head in to see her, “Buggy!?”
“Flashy Surprise, Straw Hat!”
Nami jerked forward as if to go to him, but her restraints kept her.
Buggy was standing in front of her, while several of his crew was beside Nami to guard her, and as Luffy entered, all of Buggy's men turned their guns onto Nami. Freezing completely when he saw a gun barrel against Nami's hip, he swallowed shallowly, his fists clenching, but otherwise not moving.
“I got you where I want you now, Straw Hat. It's perfect. Once you're dead, I can turn you and the girl in for your bounties.” He laughed, raising his face to the ceiling as he did, “I'll even lead the Marines straight to that little island with your log pose. It'd make for a nice, fat, flashy paycheck.”
Luffy nearly growled in frustration, “Come on, Buggy. Fight me! Nami's got nothing to do with this.”
Fuming, Buggy pointed back at her accusingly, “She's the one that tied up my body before you punched the rest of me away!”
He picked his nose, “Oh, yeah.”
Pulling out several knives to hold between his fingers, he aimed them at Luffy, “It's payback time! Let's see what you can do without her!”
Luffy rolled back away from the hands that flew at him, and he scampered down the hallway as Buggy and his hands gave chase. When he reached the deck, he realized that Alvida had finally come out to search for him, and she was standing at the helm of the ship with a smile on her face.
He could barely give her any attention, however as Buggy's hands caught up, and sliced his arm. Buggy's hands returned to his arms, and the clown laughed, “There's no one to help you this time.”
“You can get out of it by marrying me,” Alvida offered, and Luffy stuck out his tongue at them.
“Nyaah! Who'd want to marry you? I just want to get my navigator back. Gomu Gomu no,” he said, and, pulling back his fist, Luffy shot it at Buggy's head, “Pistol!”
Buggy's head popped off to avoid the attack, and then he stabbed the outstretched arm, losing the knife as Luffy pulled it back with a cry. Hissing, he yanked out the dagger, and tossed it aside, watching Buggy reattach his head.
His stomach suddenly grumbled, and he winced. Seeing that Buggy had noticed the opening, he dodged to the right as the other captain's hand shot at him. As he did so however, he realized his err. Buggy's other hand had shot right in front of his jump, and Luffy tumbled into it, stiffening in pain, and screaming as two of the knives slid into his torso.
He pushed himself to his hands and knees, and grabbed Buggy's hand only to be kicked back down, his side landing hard against the embedded knives.
“You see, Straw Hat? You're nothing without someone to help you.”
“That's why I need to get Nami back,” he said with some effort.
Crowing with laughter, Buggy pulled the knives out of his stomach, attaching his hand to his arm once more, and he kicked Luffy's wound, “Who ever said you'd see your navigator again? Who said that we'd let you?”
Luffy covered his wound as best he could with his hand, glaring at Buggy, “I did. I'm saying I'll get her back.”
“You?” Buggy kicked harder, making Luffy roll onto his back with a loud groan, and he stepped onto the hand pressed to the wound. He said, “Do you know what you look like to me, Straw Hat? You're just a little boy, playing at being a pirate. You and your little crew are a waste of space. I'd hardly let someone like you lick my boots, but you think you're going to somehow win against a real pirate, and get your girlfriend back?” Pressing down on the wound, Buggy's eyes twinkled when Luffy gasped, “That's funny.”
His teeth ground together, his eyes narrowed as he watched the man standing above him, and said, “Like your big red nose.”
Eyes suddenly wide with rage, he raised his foot, about to stomp on his gash yet again, “What'd you say about my nose!?”
Acting fast, Luffy coiled his arms around the other, and took a hold of Buggy's leg before letting his arms unwind by themselves. Unprepared for the spinning, Buggy cried out while Luffy hauled him into the air, slamming the rotating man onto the deck with a loud crash.
Standing tall, he inhaled deeply, ignoring the grinding ache of his side.
He was hungry, he was tired, and there was no way that combined effort against his system would permit him to enter Gear Second. If he increased his blood flow, all he would do was use up precious energy since he didn't have any stores of food or energy from which to draw. Moreover, he was bleeding heavily, and raising his blood flow would result in him fainting from hemorrhage.
With an opponent like Buggy, who could pull himself apart without any preamble, it was a waste of energy to concentrate on hitting parts of a man that could fall off to avoid being hit. I'll just have to hit him all at once, he thought.
Lifting his thumb to his mouth, he bit into his thumb firmly, nicking the bone, and blew hard into his thumb. As his hand expanded into a huge fist - nearly half the length of the ship - he grinned at Buggy's astonished face, pulling his fist back for another go, wanting to end it.
“Gomu Gomu no Pistol!” His fist slammed into the shocked clown captain, crushing him into the deck. Not daring to wait for any retaliation, Luffy transported the air through his chest and down to his foot to enlarge it before swinging it around in a loop for Buggy again, “Gomu Gomu no Whip!”
Smiling at the sight of Buggy soaring into the distance, Luffy let out the air from his foot, shrinking down to a child-like size before he turned to the cabin again. He had an inkling feeling that he had just forgotten something, and he remembered what when an iron club slammed into him, sending him headfirst into a barrel. His body then took that instance to return to its normal size.
Trying to pull back, Luffy struggled weakly against the barrel as he tried to pull his head out; soon realizing that Alvida's hit had made his head stuck inside of the barrel. He heard her walking closer, and he began to pale, working furiously at pulling his head out.
“What an ugly ability,” she said. “You're cute as you are now, but I will not tolerate such a transformation from my husband! Be gone!”
Cringing when her club swatted across his backside, Luffy was sent into the ocean, him and the barrel diving into the water. Losing the strength to move, his head managed to stay inside of the empty barrel as it floated back to the surface. After a moment, he felt that the barrel had stopped rising, and some water seeped in through the break from his head, but it stopped coming in when the water level rose to a few centimeters. He bobbed there uselessly, unable to move, and with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.
“Damn it!” With his arms and legs useless while his head remained in the dark barrel - just barely kept afloat - he screamed, “Nami!”
!@#$%^&*()_+
I've been thinking about it, and I've realized that if people review, I'll probably be able to upload a chapter every week. All I need is the support because without people to tell me that they enjoy my writing, I'll lag and take forever in uploading. This is kind of a test on how fast I can write and upload too, so help me pass by reviewing.
Captain Bones: XP I'm going to take a guess, and ponder aloud on whether you've read the most recent chapters of One Piece. Hee. Thanks!
Rakara: Ah ah ah! No assuming things about me. Thank you!
catho: As you should be! Thanks for the review!
A_bigfoot37: Oi, oi, you got to be careful about what you say. I know all those spoilers, but I'm pretty sure there's a whole bunch that don't. In fact, my day was ruined when someone else spoiled those very things for me! …:P So be careful, ne? Thanks for the review!
Koinu: …! Yes, sir! I mean - yes, ma'am!
CSI Kaizoku: Ah, yeah, sorry to disappoint in that last chapter, but I was already planning a fight in this chapter, so I knew that someone wanting to see a fight wouldn't have to wait long anyway. I wasn't actually expecting anyone that wanted to read a fight though since I'm used to all the fan girls being fan girls - but then, this is really a boy's manga. I'm glad for you now though since I thought I'd be preaching to bored ears or something.
animelover150: An apt fear! (Please, ignore the fact that I didn't really answer you.)
overlord: You mean it wasn't excellent before!? Shame on me! I shall strive to keep this story in tip-top shape from now on!
FoxyRed: Damn straight, you can't wait. See? This chapter's out now, so you can't wait anymore.
kabata4life: Nami's always happy to see gold. And yes, Alvida. She's one of my favorite villains.
kage karasu: Of course, Alvida! Who else would I force Luffy to run into but her!?