One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ A Log Pose to Nami ❯ Awful, Terrible Threats! I’m Stealing Your Treasure! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Log Pose to Nami
Awful, Terrible Threats!
I'm Stealing Your Treasure!
“Luffy.”
He blinked, and then smiled, having been gently awakened by her voice. Tilting his head up, he could see her face looking down at him, her orange hair contrasting with the bright blue sky, and making her appear more radiant. When an ever-goofy grin formed on his lips, she pulled on the bottom one, stretching it a foot into the air.
“Hey, Luffy,” she said, looking pensive, “why'd you put your hat on my head?”
Blinking again, he crossed his eyes, first watching her fingers on his bottom lip, and then watched her hair sway. He said, “I don't know. You looked nice.” At least, he attempted to - because it was hard to talk when half of his mouth was firmly pinched and stretched out a foot into the air - and he said it again when Nami let go.
She smiled, and traced his lip then, “So you think I'm pretty?”
“Well, yeah,” he said.
Seeming to wait a bit longer for more, Nami then frowned, and said, “That's it? That's all you're going to say?”
“Ah? There's more to say?” Nami opened her mouth before it shut with a slight click, her face becoming thoughtful once more. When her face stayed that way for quite some time, he grinned, leaning up to kiss her.
She yanked on his nose when he finished, and she stuck her tongue out at him, “Okay, I get it, you big lummox. It was stupid of me to ask.”
Nodding very seriously, Luffy said, his voice nasally from her tugging on his nose, “See, I'm smart, Nami.”
Shoving his nose back into his face in the form of a punch, she said, “Let's not get carried away.”
Grinning again when he had his face back in order, he sat up to lean back against the cabin, turning his gaze to the bow of the dinghy. He saw her inspect their log pose out of the corner of his eye, and then she headed into the cabin. When he was certain that she was gone, he reached into his pocket, feeling for the bit of hardness he had felt before, and finally pulled out a string of pearls. As he inspected it, he thought, It must've fallen into my pocket when I was packing that bag.
Hearing Nami come out, he thrust it back into his pocket, trying to smile innocently at her before he saw her brandishing the first aid fit again.
“Didn't you already wrap me up enough?”
“Your lips are chapped up pretty bad,” she said, opening the box to pull out a little stick of lip balm. “I'm not kissing you again until they're nice and smooth.”
He drooped against the cabin, pouting at her, “No more?”
“It's just until your lips are better,” she said. “It'll help moisturize them, and your lips will feel a lot better.”
Touching them, he pulled off a bit of dead skin, and then licked them, “They feel fine.”
“They look like crap, so don't do that!” He pulled his head away when she knelt beside him with the lip balm. Nami reached around to pull his lips toward her, but he covered his stretched out lips with a hand, “Luffy! Come on, don't you like kissing me?”
He nodded, but kept his lips safely covered.
“So why won't you let me put it on?”
Pulling his lips back so that he could talk, he said, “That stuff isn't cool at all! I don't like it.”
Giving out a long-suffering sigh, Nami then slid onto his lap, and his eyes enlarged while he swallowed shallowly. She said, her forehead suddenly against his, and leaning in close so he could feel her sweet breath, “Luffy, please …? I want to kiss you.” When he stretched his lips out, she covered them, shoving them back, “With smooth lips!”
“Yours are smooth enough for the both of us,” he said with a smile.
Glowering, Nami muttered, “Nice try, bucko. Now pucker up or you'll have to wait even longer to feel my smooth lips anywhere.”
His eyes went wide, shifting a bit so she wasn't positioned awkwardly on his lap before he said under her hand, “You're evil.”
“Indeed, I am,” she said, pulling off her hand to apply the lip balm to his currently complying lips. He pouted, and made disgusted faces when she was done, but smiled when she kissed his cheek, “There. That wasn't so bad, now was it? You're still alive.”
“It feels funny,” he said, wiping at his lips.
Smacking the side of his head, she said, “Don't rub it off! It takes time to get your lips soft.”
Groaning, he held still for her to apply the lip balm again. He made another face, but tried not to reach up to rub it all off, scowling at her pleased face. Luffy asked, “How long will it take?”
“I don't know,” she said. “Come kiss me when all that dead skin is gone and we'll go from there.” Nami stood up, checking the log pose before she groaned, “Let's get the boat pointed in the right direction. It took so long just to get you to wear a little lip balm! Honestly, Luffy, you're awful.”
“You're the one threatening me with no kisses,” he said, jumping up to adjust the sail with her where she directed.
“Lips are gross when they're chapped!”
Luffy said, “My lips are gross?”
“No!”
Tying the ropes back down, he frowned at her, “You were kissing me a lot yesterday though. Why didn't you put any of that stuff on me then?”
He saw her cheeks heat, “I was just caught up in the moment, so I didn't care as much.”
“And you care today?”
“Yes,” she said, the blush wearing away. “Besides, now you'll be able to feel my lips better without all that dead skin in the way.”
He grinned broadly, “Really?”
“Really,” Nami said, and then she gaped at him when he took the lip balm from her to put on more. When it dawned on her, she flared bright pink, “Hey, wait a minute! Just how much do you think you're going to kiss me?”
!@#$%^&*()_+
Sanji pulled at his hair, and fell to his knees, “Nami-swan! My poor, delicate breath of sea air upon my face! How horrified and vulnerable you must be right now!”
Zolo decided at that point that it would just be too easy to tease the cook then, and said, “I almost feel sorry for her too. We're talking about Luffy here. He'll drown in the first storm that hits him.” The group spun in surprise at the thrash of abrupt lightning somewhere out at sea, and then they glared at him, “… What?”
“Well,” Usopp cleared his throat, and said, “it seems that it's time to vote for a new captain now that Zolo jinxed Luffy to the watery depths.”
Nearly sobbing, Chopper tugged at Zolo's pant leg, “How could you!?”
“Oi,” he said, “we're not voting anything until we know for sure that he's dead.”
“How're we going to know that?” Usopp said.
“We'll wait for his body to wash up on the shore,” Robin said.
Everyone except for the lamenting Sanji made a slapping motion, “Oi!”
“Robin-chan!” The cook finally got to his feet again, standing beside her, and taking her fine, dark hands into his own, “I know how pained you must be with our dearest Nami-san missing, but fear not, for I am here to comfort you in any way that I can. Shall I make you a pot of coffee to help calm your frazzled nerves? I'll sweeten it with my love.”
“Eugh,” Zolo said. “That would take away all the taste.”
“What'd you say, shitty moss-brains?” Sanji was abruptly standing in front of him, his eyes overshadowed by his brow as he lit a cigarette.
“I said, `your breath would kill a sea king.'”
“Robin,” Chopper said, “do you really think Luffy's going to die?”
“Pah, your ugly face has done far worse!”
“So get out of it, dart-brow!”
Smiling tenderly, she knelt down at bit at her knees, and patted his furry cheek, “Of course not. The captain knows what he's doing. We all know that he'll come back right as rain. We just have to be patient.”
“Dart-brow!?” Sanji raised a knee high, ready to strike out with a well-placed kick at any given moment while Zolo unsheathed a portion of his sword, “To think you'd still stick with that shitty insult, you shitty seaweed-head.”
“What, you can't take it? Dart-brow, dart-brow, dart-brow!”
“Oi,” Usopp said, “you're making me tired just by watching you two.”
“Shitty moss-head! Shitty moss-head!”
“Keh.” Franky slammed their heads together, making the two collapse to the deck, and he said, “About time they shut up.”
“Franky!”
“What? Somebody had to do it and Nami's not here.” He pointed at the railing where he had been doing some repairs, and said, “I finished here, but the captain's still missing, huh?”
“Yes,” Robin said, “and with Navigator-san gone, we couldn't leave even if we wanted to. She had the log pose, and there was no sight of it in the boat at all.”
Sweeping thick fingers through his hair, Franky said, “What a bother. They better be in trouble, or I'll be pissed.”
“Ah?” Usopp looked up from his inspection of the railing, “What do you mean? Of course, they're in trouble. We found that sword, and their scent led out into the sea.”
“What, you don't think they wouldn't run off for some alone time?”
Chopper smiled, and said, “You mean they really went to Gomu Gomu Island?”
Pulling up his sunglasses, he gave him an odd look before saying, “I guess you could put it that way if you want.”
Chuckling, Robin said, “Cyborg-san, Doctor-san said there were other scents too. Navigator-san could have set up the sword and planned out the log, yes, but not those scents.”
“He's sure taking his sweet time then,” Franky said.
Tilting her head just so, Robin smiled at the storm they could all see raging kilometers away from the still peaceful island, “He might be.”
Sanji stood up, relighting his doused cigarette, and said, “What's going on?”
“It's nothing important.” She said, attempting to save him some grief, “Cook-kun, didn't you promise me some coffee?”
“Yes, Robin-chan!” With thus said, Sanji spun away, heading for the cabin.
Rubbing his head, Zolo sat up on the deck, just sitting there a while before he looked up at the storm, “Think that might hit us?”
Usopp hummed, pulled down a goggle eye to look out, and said, “I don't think it's coming this way.”
“Might as well pull up the sails though,” Franky said. “Any errant gusts from that might pull the ship and the anchor along and out of this gulf.”
“Ah?” Chopper said, “Really?”
“Really; this is the Grand Line after all,” he said, moving toward the ropes. “Hear that, kids!? Let's get those sails up, pronto!”
!@#$%^&*()_+
Luffy stared at the pirate flag for a long time, tilting his head this way and that before he finally said something about it.
“Oi, Nami, it's those squishy guys.”
“Huh?” She poked her head out of the cabin, and stared at the ship bearing down at them before she paled, “Luffy! It's heading straight for us!”
“I know,” he said.
“So why didn't you warn me!?”
He grinned, pointing at it as if she wasn't already aware of the huge ship, “That's where I stole that treasure from, and there's even more inside.” Pulling out the pearl necklace, he said, “More stuff like this.”
Her eyes glittered until she shook out of it, “We still need to get out of the way!”
“Aye!” Jumping to his feet, he went to pull out the oars while Nami repositioned the sails, and the two redirected the small boat to waters that weren't in the large ship's path. Kissing her cheek, he laughed, and said, “I'll be right back.”
“Hey, you're not supposed to kiss me yet!”
He pulled out the pearl necklace again, depositing it into her hand before he leaned in to press his lips to hers regardless of what she said, and held there a long while before he dodged out of her swinging fist's range, laughing as he stretched an arm out to the other ship's railing. Luffy hung there beside the ship, waving at her furious face before he sprung onto the deck, racing past the men of the Squishy Pirate Crew.
“It's you! Hey!”
“Ah?” Luffy stopped long enough to look up at the fat man standing in his way to the treasure, “Oh, it's you, squishy guy!”
Stomping a foot, he said, “My name is Vincent!”
“I'm Monkey D. Luffy. Nice to meet you.”
“Oh,” he grinned, and gave a short nod of the head. “It's nice to meet - hey, wait! You're on my ship again! What're you doing here?”
Smiling, he patted his straw hat, and said, “I'm going to steal your treasure.”
As the captain burst out laughing, so did the rest of the crew, holding onto their bellies, and using their crewmates' shoulders as support. Vincent said, “That's a fine way to go about it, huh? You're not supposed to tell people you're stealing from `em, kid. Best just turn around now before we shoot you.”
Beginning to laugh himself, Luffy slung his hat from its string around his neck, allowing it to rest against his back, “Okay, if that's how we're doing it.”
“Hmm?” He narrowed an eye at the young captain, “Fine, if you want to die like a dog, far be it from me to deny you.” Vincent pointed at him, and the crew lifted their swords and guns respectively, “All right, boys, aim, and … fire!”
Leaping at the last moment, Luffy grabbed the mast, and swung over their heads to the cabin door, letting the men shoot each other. Heading down, he dashed down the hall to the room where the treasure had been, and grinned at the guards inside.
One raised his gun, and said, “Don't move, kid, or I'll shoot!”
Ignoring him, Luffy ran forward, letting the bullets that the two guards shot at him reflect back, imbedding into the walls. Grabbing a chest, he looked inside before realizing that it was already full, and shut it, going through the four chests before he grinned in satisfaction.
“Shoot him! Shoot him!” He heard Vincent say, and Luffy looked over his shoulder to see the captain in the doorway, turning red from the effort of running down and shouting at the top of his lungs.
Grinning, Luffy turned around to face them, and sucked in air, inflating his body as the bullets hit him, and sprang them all back, still laughing and smiling as he deflated back to his normal size. Yanking on his cheek, he said, “Bullets don't work on me.” He froze, his smile twitching as the lot of them pulled out swords, “Ah …”
!@#$%^&*()_+
… XP Oi, oi, sorry for not saying more on the rest of the crew earlier - wasn't thinking properly, I guess. I might have another chapter with them coming up in it, so sit tight for more. Also, now that I'm thinking of it, there might be up to ten chapters for this thing. Thank you for all of the great reviews, everyone!
Rakara: There you are! Thanks so much for reviewing in those chapters! Means muchly to me!
BlackNhite: My favorite sentence in the world is `Plums deify.' Awesome! I've got a chair-faller-out-of! I had to think a little bit more deeply with these guys to get started, but once I was going, they became pretty easy too. I need to watch out for Franky though, I think … he's so new that it'll be hard to pin down his personality. Yeah, again, Luffy is a lot more straightforward than people portray him as. If he wants something, you know he's going to get it - no doubt or awkwardness about it. He wants a kiss, so he'll take it, damn it! XP Thank you!
overlord: … You dig it …? O.o Miss Merry Christmas, is that you!?
wheathermangohanssj4: Heso! XP Yeah, I did. Sorry about that, but I've written up another smattering of the crew. Just tell me if you want to see more of them, and I'll see what I can do. And Zolo is Zolo. I don't see why everyone's making such a fuss about the `r' becoming an `l' as if nothing more insidiously terrible was done to the anime.
Koinu: I don't know. Where were you? :D Thanks for the review!
catho: Yes, I was surprised too! -throws tissues at you- Thanks for reviewing!
kage karasu: Heso! My, you're not complaining about all the chapters, are you? Never heard of such a complaint before … I'll take it as a compliment instead then!
chuck: XP Gomu Gomu Island was all a lie concocted by the devious mind of Captain Usopp to amuse their pet reindeer! Thanks for reviewing!
!@#$%^&*()_+