One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ Wrecking A Base Equals Fun ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Eating her meal, Emma recalled the events from a few minutes ago. That person was nice, maybe I'll ask her to be my first mate on my voyage to the Song of the Ocean. she thought, taking a swig of her water.
While Emma ate and re-engergized, Wensel fell into some troubles with the authority. Not even minutes after she left the bar, a naval officer demanded for Wensel to hand over her money in return for keeping a bounty off of her head. Wensel became furious at the thought that the navy would stoop so low to this, and she challenged him right then and there. Sadly, the naval officer predicted her to do this and he moved the fight to the inside of the naval base on the island.
Once inside, Wensel was led down a section of hallways leading to a room in the shape of a dome. The officer motioned for her to follow as he moved to the end of the room. She followed him to the center of the room until he stopped. Being wary, she reached for her swords when a shooting pain went through her feet. Looking down she saw an electric net that sends shockwaves throughout a person's body. That person, at this time, was her. A sound of clinks filled the room as the second floor balcony was filled to the brim with naval lackies, aiming their guns at one point. Wensel saw her predicament and sighed.
"What was the real reason you brought me here?" she asked the officer. He laughed, but knowing that she was ignorant to the facts in front of her he laughed even herder.
"My dear, you are here for rehabilitation."
"What?!"
"It's fairly simple, really. We know from one of our spies that you want to be an outlaw, not only a bounty hunter, so we decided to take you in." Wensel's gaze met his as she folded her arms across her chest. "Now we won't shoot if you cooperate. All we need is for you to take a little shot and then..."
"WHAT?!?!" Wensel's voice screeched out, alarming a few goons who fired their pistols. She tried to dodge the ammo as electricity moved through her veins, momentarily paralyzing her. As the shots hit her, Wensel did the only thing left for herself to do, even if it degraded her to do it. She screamed. The screamed rang through the island loud and long, children and the elderly woke up from naps, the drunken clutched their skulls tight, and the other townsfolk stopped what they were doing to listen to the heartwrenching scream emitting from inside the naval base.
The officer in charge checked Wensel's limp body, making sure there was a pulse. Tch, they were just knock out darts He thought as she was lifted by a marine to an operating table that was reeled in moments before. Wensel was laid down on the table and strapped in by her arms and legs. "Ok," the officer said to the troops "You all can go back to your posts but medicals, get the serum and hoist her upright."
"Sir!" they shouted in reply and went to do their duties. Pacing back and forth, the officer thought about the days accomplishments. His higher-ups had requested him to do a background check on this Wensel character and to possibly ask her to join the navy. The officer couldn't refuse, knowing that Wensel was staying in the town at the time, asking for a spar and luring her here would be easy. Bending some truth's about her wants after capturing her sent the mind in haywire, letting the certain lackies knock her out. Soon this hunter will join the Navy through our own special way The three shots that were supposed to hit her were two knock-out darts and a memory erasing dart. Smirking, the officer leaned close to Wensel's face, studying her features. Wensel's body was now upright, being supported by a big wooden pole and her arms were hanging from the side bars portruding from the base. In other words, Wensel was tied to a big, wooden cross. The medics came in carrying a needle which seemed to carry some interesting fluid.
"Sir!" the head medic shouted, grasping his attention away from the captive. "We have the injection ready, just say the word."
"Perfect," The officer sneered. "But please remind me, which one are we injecting her with again?"
"Sir, we are injecting her with the concentrated, yet filtered, juices from a devil fruit. This should make her able to do something yet still be able to swim and seastone will not harm her. Also, when in water, only the ability will be nullified so she will seem like a normal human when she is in water or around seastone."
"Even better. Now do it." They obediently nodded their heads and held the serum to Wensel's neck. As they injected it into her body, Wensel's eyes shot open
"What the HELL Is Going On?!" Startled, the officer stepped back only to hear the sound of glass breaking. He looked down to see two darts underneath his foot, one blue and one red. Shit he thought This isn't good. As Wensel fought to free herself from the ropes, the Navy lackies surrounded the second floor balcony and aims their guns at her head. Smirking, the officer waltzed over to Wensel and stuck his face right in front of hers.
"If you want to live you will accept this invitation to join the navy. All you have to do is say yes."
"Never, you faggot." she spat in his face.
Wiping his face, the officer growled "You'll pay for that b*tch." Suddenly, the emanating sound of glass breaking filled the room as all of the ceiling windows and side windows shattered and the shards fell to the ground.
"HEY BASTARD! EVER KNOW THAT IT'S RUDE TO CHEAT?" a figure shouted from somewhere nearby.
 
 
 
"Who are you and what do you want? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?" the officer shouted back, facing a random direction.
"Actually, one: I'm over here" the person said. The officer looked up and saw the figure, directly in the line of sight for Wensel as she looked up also.
Squinting for a moment, she tried to remember who it was that was talking until it hit her like a rock. The person from the bar. "And two: Hey Wensel, you wanna be my first mate as I search for the Song of The Ocean?"
"What?! This isn't some kind of-"
"Let me think about it." Wensel shouted back, drowning out the naval officer's voice. "If I don't accept, than I'm dead. If I do accept, then my dream is dead. Am I right?"
"No. Not unless your dream is the same as mine."
"Fine then, I will accept your offer as soon as you get me out of this mess."
"OK!" You shouted, jumping down towards the ground. The lackies all shot at you only to have their bullets go right through you, one advantage of being practically water. A wave of confusion swept the room as you landed, and most of the lackies ran away screaming something about a monster. You cocked your head to the side thinking out loud. "Monster?" you looked around, "I don't see any monster."
"You're the monster!" everyone else shouted at you. The remaining lackies and the officer stared in awe as you casually walked to the wooden pole and started to untie Wensel.
"Oh No You Don't!" the officer shouted, pulling his arm back to punch you. As he swung his arm forward, you caught it with your right hand and twisted it around, making him scream in agony. You smirked as kicked in the gut, sending him flying into the wall. Grinning, you turned around and resumed untying the ropes.
"That was a pretty powerful kick," Wensel stated, making you look up.
"Yeah, I guess so. It's just not my strong point. I prefer punching to kicking." You pondered about this for a minute as you untied the last of the ropes. "Actually, it depends on the situation..."
"Are you just going to stand there all day or are you going to get out of here before the big-guns come to arrest us."
"Oh yeah! Coming!" you shouted to Wensel, who was walking over to somewhere to pick up her swords. "So, where's the exit of this place?" you asked her once you were in a talking distance.
"Well, let's see." she said, "I came from that enterance, so..." her eyes flashed a golden color for a second before she started to talk again. "Woah, that was weird. Anyway, it's that way." and she walked towards an exit. You followed her out of the building with a smile on your face. When you arrived to town she turned and around to face you. "So, which way, captain?"
 
 
 
 
It had been nearly a week since Wensel agreed to join your crew, and life has practically not been any better. The townsfolk, realizing thier naval base in town was causing all of the troubles, thanked you by giving you a ship. This wasn't just any ship of course, or else you wouldn't have accepted it. You two set sail nearly five days ago with full rations and you haven't seen sight of land. Wensel kept insisting that land was less than a day away, but she said that five seconds ago and you felt the urge to ask her again.
"Wens-"
"No We Are Not There Yet!" she shouted back at you. "You have asked that for the last hour straight. Land is right in front of us only around three hours away now because the winds have picked up some more. Now leave me alone."
Your eyes shimmered with hope as you hopped aboard the bow, looking at the ocean. Sitting there, you gazed in front of you, waiting for land to show up as Wensel sighed in contentment and began to fall asleep. You shifted on the bow until you were comfortable and on your back. The clouds look so pretty Your eyes began to droop until they closed fully, rendering you asleep.