One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ OP Drabbles and Ficlets ❯ Cash Prize ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabbles and ficlets from lj - mostly Luffy-centred, pairings and ratings vary, so take note of each individually. Overall rating WILL go up.

Cash Prize
suggestive gen - Nami, Luffy, Usopp - mild R

"Hey, Nami, I got money!" He thrusts it out to her, a wad of creased 100 belli notes in his notably sticky fingers.

She's already hugging it to her chest and singing gently to it before it hits her to wonder precisely what the hell? "Luffy, where did you get this?" If he stole it they will have half the marines in this town after them already, since it's a physical impossibility for him to do anything with subtlety.

Luffy points across the fairground. "Over there. This guy gave me money 'cause I licked his thingy."

...WHAT?

"Say again?" Nami squeaks, and realises with mounting panic he has milky drips around his mouth and in his hair.

"I licked it and he gave me all these notes. You like money, don't you, Nami?" His innocent, open face starts to form a pout, as though wondering what's wrong with his gift, while she sways and trembles and makes inarticulate noises. "It was really salty, but it tasted almost like Sanji's, so I knew--"

She's slipping away into oblivion as his last words float to her. "...And then he let me eat the rest 'cause I guessed it right, and then we got a free milkshake too but Usopp slapped me on the back and it spilled..."

...

"...Hey, Nami?"

Usopp wanders over to where the captain is crouched next to his semi-conscious, gibbering navigator, poking curiously at her shoulder and blinking as she lapses back into unconsciousness again, sticky notes still clutched rigidly in her fist.

He licks the last of the culinary delights of the taste-test stall from his fingers. It really is much saltier than Sanji makes it, and he doubts he'd have guessed it himself. He frowns down suspiciously at Luffy. "Tell me you did that on purpose, right?"