One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Rose Pirates ❯ Chapter 1- Morning Mayhem, Captain thrown off his own ship! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

???- Hello, and welcome to my very first fanfic ever! My name is Chris Blair. I'm a new author in every sense of the word, and this is my first story, so reviews are highly encouraged. I'm just starting out, so I could really use some feedback. I think I did a bit well, although it might be a bit rushed… *trails off* I'm supposed to give a disclaimer huh?
 
Disclaimer- I do not own One Piece in any way, shape or form. None of the Straw Hats are of my own design. The other pirates are, so don't go taking them without my permission.
 
Chris- Anyways, a little back info. This story is after the Alabasta Arc, since it's the farthest I actually witnessed. I know there's a whole new story, and I have heard of the Enies Lobby and World Government Arcs, but as I haven't seen them, I don't think it'd be fair to use them as a basis. So I'll just use what I know. Another thing, most of the attacks are dub-named, save for some that haven't been translated yet, like Nami's Climatact and Robin's Fluers. Anyways, on with the fic.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
_________________________________________________________________ _______
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Chapter 1
Morning Mayhem!
(Captain thrown off his own ship!)
 
 
“Huh… Is that...?” Tony Tony Chopper was peering over the ship's railings. His hooves shielded his eyes from the sun as he gazed out into the distance. He couldn't really make it out, but… It was! It really was…
 
“Land!! I can see land, everyone!!”
 
The tiny reindeer's cry spread through the deck like a whistle, instantly drawing the attention of everyone aboard the ship. Roronoa Zolo, the ship's swordsman, asleep in a chair, woke up without a sound, opening one lazy eye to verify the reindeer's statement. “About time…” he muttered, his eyes closing again.
 
The ship's navigator, Nami didn't bother looking up. Sharing a table with Nico Robin, she was currently busy scribbling at some paper, making a rough draft of the next piece of her map. “I thought we'd be getting there soon…”
 
Robin looked up from the history book she was reading. As interesting as the ancient ruins of Rubello were, she was more glad to hear this news. “Which island is this, Ms. Navigator?” She asked.
 
“Just some small town called Sigari. I thought we could stop there to take a break and restock.” Nami answered. She looked up as a platter was set on the table neatly among Robin's books and Nami's maps. On a little dish were a pile of tarts, complete with two glasses of milk.
 
“Some sweets for my sweets…” The ship's suave cook, Sanji bowed a little at the two women. “As always your navigation skills have come through for us again, my dear Nami-chan.”
 
Nami rolled her eyes and sighed. `He doesn't give up…' she thought. She glanced at Robin, who responded with nothing but her trademark smile, picking up one of the tarts with an almost inaudible “Thank you.”
 
“Hey, Sanji!” Luffy's loud voice reached the entire ship even from the crow's nest. “Don't I get any desert?!”
 
Sanji smile shifted to an irritated scowl as he looked up at his captain. “You already ate three helpings for breakfast!” He yelled back. “I'm not getting you anything!”
 
“But I'm hungry!” Luffy's voice turned into a childish whine. “Please Sanji!”
 
“Is your stomach that bottomless?!” Sanji yelled. Luffy's arm began stretching down to the deck.
 
“Gum-Gum Feed me!” Luffy's hand began snaking over to the table, trailing across the ground. When it reached the table, it began sliding up towards the dish. Evidently Luffy thought he was being sneaky; all the time everyone was watching.
 
“Oh, now we steal? Please excuse me in advance, my little doves.” Sanji said. “Back off, Luffy!” he shouted. His left leg rose up in a flash. Robin knew what was going to happen.
 
“Really, Mr. Cook, we don't mind sharing-”
 
It was too late. Sanji had stomped down on Luffy's hand just as he picked up one of the treats. The table shuddered under the force.
 
“Ow!” Luffy dropped the tart. Unfortunately, the shock from the hit, and the fact that he was leaning over the railing, caused Luffy to fall over. Sanji still had his hand pinned on the table, and, as usually happens with rubber, Luffy snapped toward the table. He landed near Nami with a dull thud.
 
“Try and steal from the girls again and…” Sanji trailed off. Luffy hadn't dropped the tart, and he was up trying to get his mouth close enough to eat it. “Cut it out!” Sanji slammed the tray he had brought the dish in across Luffy's head. A gong sound rang through the ship as Luffy's head snapped back.
 
Zolo woke up momentarily. “What's that noise? What's going on?”
 
“Luffy's trying to steal some cookies from Nami and Robin.” Usopp said. He was sitting on top the barrel near the scene. On the ground in front of him, Chopper was sitting on the floor, eyeing the situation nervously.
 
“Oh… alright…” Zolo's eyes closed again.
 
“Please don't fight…” Chopper squeaked. “Its just some cookies…”
 
Luffy ignored him. Sanji had released Luffy from his stomp, and he was rubbing his hand. “Sanji… I'm so hungry…”
 
Before Sanji could yell again, Nami cut in. She held one of the cookies, which were running out anyways (even Robin could barely hold back from inhaling the plate of cookies), out to Luffy. “Here, now shut up so I can finish my maps.”
 
Luffy grabbed the cookie and shoved it in his mouth before Sanji could object. “Thank you, Nami!” he said with his mouth full. “I owe you one!”
 
Everyone but Nami and Sanji groaned. They all knew that when Nami did them a favor, no matter how big or small, they should keep their thanks short and brief. Because once you gave Nami too much of a thanks, or even gave off more than the smallest possible aura of gratitude, she would take advantage of it in a spit second. Some way or another, Nami would charge you and you would find yourself in her debt. Luffy had just said the worst possible thing you could- `I owe you…'
 
“You idiot!” Usopp and Zolo yelled in unison, Zolo being awoken once more by the conversation. Both of them knew personally what Nami was capable off when it came to debts.
 
Indeed, Nami smiled the moment the word `owe' came out of his mouth. “Don't worry, Luffy.” she said charmingly, her voice as sweet and fake as sugar substitute. “You can just give me three thousand berries later on!”
 
“What?! Really?” Luffy's face was crestfallen. He had just gotten out of debt with Nami…
 
“Yeah! You're lucky I'm being so generous.” Nami smiled. This came from the women who had even charged Usopp for borrowing a tissue, Chopper for her own treatment (she claimed she owed him because if she hadn't gotten sick, they would have never went looking for him), and Zolo for… just about everything.
 
“Whatever… Sanji, make me a feast!” Luffy shouted. Sanji had taken the third seat at the table.
 
“Go make it your own damn self! And be quiet, you're interrupting Robin-chan's reading.”
 
Luffy puffed his chest out, preparing to argue until he got his way. He suddenly sighed and slouched over. “Fine… I'm not even that hungry…” He began to walk away towards Zolo's resting place.
 
“Finally, some peace and quiet…” Zolo began to doze off again.
 
“Hey Zolo!” Luffy shouted in Zolo's ear.
 
Zolo's eyes opened yet again, one of them topped by a pulsating vein. “What, Luffy?”
 
“…” Luffy just stared at him.
 
“…”
 
“Play a game with me, Zolo! I'm bored!” Luffy shouted.
 
“What are you, seven?!” Zolo snapped.
 
“Seventeen, actually! Please, Zolo, I'm bored!” Luffy started whining again.
 
“No!” Zolo yelled. He rolled over and turned away from Luffy. “Now let me sleep…”
 
“You're always sleeping. You can do that later! Zolo?” When he didn't answer, Luffy turned to the rest of the crew. “Hmm…” He looked at each of them. Zolo was sleeping, Sanji was mad, and Nami was mapping. The next person was…
 
“Robin, play with me!”
 
Robin showed her overwhelming maturity once again. “I would, Mr. Captain, but I'm reading right now. Perhaps later.” she answered calmly.
 
“You're always reading. You can do that-” Robin simply looked up at Luffy and gave him a look. Her normal smile was gone, replaced by a flat line. “Never mind.”
 
Luffy turned back around and began poking Zolo. “Hey, Zolo…How about that game now?”
 
Zolo's hand gripped one of his swords. “Luffy, if you don't stop poking me…”
 
“Land ho!” Usopp shouted, interrupting Zolo's threat. Everyone looked up. Sure enough, just about half a mile or so away, a small island town could be seen.
 
“Yay!” Luffy ran over and leaned over the railing. “Its so close! How much longer, Nami?”
 
Nami shrugged. “A few minutes, really. Its right there...”
 
“Alright!” Luffy walked over to Nami and looked over her shoulder. “Are you done with your map thing?”
 
“Almost Luffy…” Nami said. “I just gotta finish drawing the coast…”
 
“Is this the next island?!” Luffy said, putting his finger on the map. Nami was dead silent. “What? Oh…” When he picked up his finger, Luffy could see what was wrong. His finger was covered in fresh ink, and the island on the map was now a black smudge.
 
Even Luffy knew when Nami was angry. He slowly backed away. It was common knowledge to everyone on the crew, even Sanji, that Nami was pure evil when she was angered. And nothing annoyed her more than a messed up map…
 
“I'm really, really, really sorry…” Luffy's usually inappropriately loud voice was now a fearful whisper. “I didn't mean to.”
 
“And after I gave you a cookie…” Nami slowly got up to her feet. This was a first, since she usually immediately struck the source of her anger with her three piece staff. Luffy's eyes widened in horror. Nami hadn't been angered this much since she had received the Climatact; her reaction was no longer predictable. And is surely wasn't going to involve the same old flurry of quick beatdowns as before. Luffy covered his head.
 
“You messed up my map!” Nami shouted. At least that part was remaining the same… Robin quickly and inconspicuously pushed her seat back by kicking against the table. Sanji began to quickly place the glasses and the dishes on the serving dish, ready to back away.
 
“Do you know how hard I worked on this one?!” Nami slowly advanced on Luffy, who kept backing away. She slowly reached down to the hem of her skirt. By now, everyone knew she kept her Climatact strapped to her leg. Usopp disappeared behind his barrel. Zolo, who had been watching the whole scenario, had turned around and shook his head.
 
“I'm sorry Nami! I'll, I'll fix it!” Luffy stammered.
 
“FIX IT?! YOU THINK YOU CAN FIX IT?!!!” Nami's voice had become raspy, having reached its loudest point. She quickly pulled out the three staff piece and held them between her fingers separately.
 
“Oh… here it comes… I'll try and fix you up as well I can, Luffy…” Chopper squeaked, covering his face with his hooves. When that proved to not be enough, he changed to his Heavy Boost form, clasping his hands over his eyes.
 
“Nami…” Luffy didn't even know what to say… What could stop her now… He whimpered as his back hit a rail. They had reached the ship's front.
 
Nami stared at him darkly. Then, quick as a flash, she snapped two of the poles together into an X.
 
“Run Luffy!” Zolo yelled. He was the only one who had witnessed this certain move.
 
“Huh?” Luffy asked dumbly. Nami placed the third pole on the intersection. She held it back as if she were about to swing a bat.
 
“Nami, what are you doing?” In response of Luffy's question, the X began to spin rapidly.
 
“That's... that's actually pretty cool…” Luffy said. “But…”
 
Luffy was cut off by Nami's shout. “Cyclone Tempo!” She shouted, swinging the staff forward. The X began flying at Luffy, bringing with it a cyclonic wind.
 
“Wow, that's cool!” Luffy said, just as the X hit him in the torso. He was sent flying straight up by the cyclone. “Whoa!!” he shouted as he flew off into the distance headed straight towards the island.
 
Chopper, despite his exaggerated precaution, had peered at the last second, shocked back into his Brain Boost. “Will he be okay?!” He watched as the speck that was Luffy landed on the island's shore.
 
Sanji got up, his face shining with admiration. “What a beautiful attack! You maneuvered that assault so well, Nami, it was like watching a goddess in action!”
 
“My…” Robin added. “That was really something else.”
 
Nami smiled and turned around. “Thank you.” she said and bowed as if before an audience. “I'm stronger than you all think, huh?”
 
“You're not stronger! I just gave you a cool weapon!” Usopp shouted indignantly.
 
“Whatever, without my smarts, it would still be a pathetic party trick!” Nami countered. “Now how does Zolo do it?”
 
“Do what?” Zolo asked, but he was answered immediately.
 
Nami took one of the poles in her mouth and the two in her hands. “I will be the greatest swordsman in the world!” she mimicked, her voice slightly muffled. She began playfully lashing out with the poles. Apparently, thanks to the compliments, she was in a much better mood.
 
“That's not funny!” Zolo yelled.
 
“You're a much better swordsman than he is!” Sanji offered. “You command a more graceful style of battle than he.”
 
“You suck up!” Usopp said. “You've only seen that one attack so far… I'm still not sure she really beat Ms. Double Finger like that.”
 
Robin's eyes widened, impressed. She hadn't known who had fought who in the fight against Baroque Works. “Really, she was the strongest female agent in Baroque Works!”
 
Sanji turned on her. “Not after you, dear Robin! You and Nami are like the Amazons, as powerful as you are gorgeous! You're graceful strength is only surpassed by your overwhelming beauty.”
 
“Seriously,” Chopper cut in. “Does no one care that Luffy just got launched into an island?”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
At the ports of Sigari Island, a small boy was watching the Merry Go with his binoculars. His gaze followed the approaching Merry Go.
 
“Hey Captain, come see this.”
 
“What's up?” A young woman walked up towards him.
 
“That crew you asked me to watch… They just send one of their guys flying over here…”
 
“Seriously? There must be some strong people on that ship.” She grinned as Luffy made an arc in the sky. “He's flying pretty high… And I know a thing or two about flying…” They both watched as Luffy slammed into the sand. “Is he alive?”
 
The boy took a moment to check. He could see Luffy had landed headfirst, and now his upper body was stuck in the sand, resembling an ostrich. He was struggling furiously, trying to get out.
 
She smiled. “Is anyone over there?”
 
“I think doctor and cook are at the beach… Oh, they've already seen him, I think here gonna help! Whoa!”
 
“What happened?”
 
“His legs just stretched.”
 
“That's him! Good, just stay put.” she answered. She began walking away.
 
“Where are you going Captain?”
 
“I'm gonna pay some of them a visit. I'm gonna meet Luffy's crew first.” She began to run off, then stopped and turned around. “Draw them up, Sobi, and give their picture to the rest of the gang. We're all been interested in meeting the Straw Hats for some time now!” With that, she turned and took a running start, before jumping high into the air…
 
“Its been a long time, Luffy!” she said aloud. “Bet you weren't planning on seeing me today!”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
_________________________________________________________________ _______
_________________________________________________________________ _______