One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Infamous MAR Pirates of the Grand Line ❯ Ginta's Past Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

MAR Pirates
 
We now bring our story to the middle of the ocean where Ginta and his new first mate, Alviss along with his incredibly annoying fairy protesting his decisions, were traveling to find the grand line. There were sure to be lots of dangers ahead of them.
 
Alviss sighed and turned to his captain. He smiled at the happy-go-lucky boy who wasn't the least bit bothered by the small boat they were riding in and asked, “Ginta, now that I'm a pirate, I want to know something? Why do you plan to be the pirate king?”
 
This was a question the boy had not expected. His childhood had been nearly forgotten at this point. He was so caught up in the excitement that he forgot why he wanted to be a pirate.
 
“Since you asked so nicely,” he replied, “I'll tell you everything about my ambition.”
 
We now take you to a new scenery, a beautiful village where the grass was green and the sun was shining and the flowers had just starting blooming. This was Ginta's hometown, better known as Toki Village. (I decided to rename Tokyo)
 
Everyone lived in peace here. Not much happened. It was possibly the safest place anyone could live. Ginta lived here with his beautiful mother, who had long blonde hair and narrow beautiful eyes.
 
“I MEAN IT!” a certain short kid shouted at the top of his lungs in front of ten other children his age (Which was 6 years earlier), “I'm going to grow up to be a famous pirate!”
 
Upon hearing this, the other kids screamed with laughter. Never in their life had they heard anything more ridiculous. This little boy dreamed too big for his own good.
 
“Come on, Ginta!” one of the kids shouted, “What are the chances of you being a pirate, let alone a good one? You're the shortest kid in town! You won't stand a chance out there!”
 
Ginta had to admit that the kids had a point, so he pounded his fists together and retorted, “Don't forget who trained me to fight! Furthermore, I plan to wait a few years before becoming a pirate!”
 
The kids froze at the sound of this. Not the second point but the first one. It was true. One of the strongest men who ever lived spent everyday putting the kid through hellish training before he left to become the leader of the Cross Guard division of the marines.
 
“That's right,” one of them whispered, “His old man's old man is really powerful.”
 
“His old man was stronger than that guy too,” another stated.
 
Then, they started to snicker and said, “Too bad there's no way Ginta will ever come close to matching their power!”
 
Then the kids broke out into laughter as Ginta flailed his arms about shouting random threats about beating them up and all that. Sadly, nobody took him seriously.
 
One day, the boy sat down at the dinner table and asked, “Mom, do you think I have what it takes to be a pirate?”
 
Upon being asked this, his mother froze and dropped the food she had prepared. For some reason, this question alarmed her.
 
She sighed, went back to the kitchen to prepare more dinner and said, “Don't talk nonsense. You do not have the experience to be a pirate nor are you good enough.”
 
“Will I be in a few years?” Ginta replied as his mom shook his head.
 
Her next words were not good ones. Even she didn't want to say them. All the same, she had to do it. She had to lie.
 
“I am sorry,” she replied, “You were born naturally weak. You cannot stand up to the dangers of the sea. You'll never be a good pirate. Besides, where would you get a ship?”
 
Ginta grinned and said, “I'll start off with a boat, get a few crewmembers then get me a nice ship!”
 
His mom had to admit that she had her on the ropes, but she came up with another maneuver.
 
“Listen, even if you do get a crew, you do not have the skills to be a good pirate,” she fibbed, “I am sorry.”
 
Ginta grunted and bit his lip. He scowled at his mother for 30 seconds before he high-tailed it out of the house and towards the forest. He was not hiding from the others, though. He had too much pride for that. He was really just going to his best friend's cottage in between the two trees that resembled swords.
 
This is where a slender man lived. He had a cylindrical nose and a bald head. He also wore a fancy suit, black stretchy pants and had a stylish mustache. His name was Babbo.
 
The man was fixing up his dinner when he heard a knock on the door. He opened it up to see a familiar kid standing there.
 
`Oh, just my luck,' he thought, `and here I thought I was going to enjoy dinner.'
 
He noticed the serious look on Ginta's face and realized that this was different from the boy's usual visits.
 
“I hate to ask, but why are you here?” Babbo asked, “Can't you see that a gentleman is sitting down to dinner? Well, as the gentleman I am, I would be most honored if you would either enter my house or preferably leave peacefully.”
 
“Cut the crap,” the boy replied, “I want your personal opinion on something.”
 
The man took in every word of what Ginta had said. It was a very deep statement that took a lot of guts to admit.
 
“YOU PLAN TO BECOME THE PIRATE KING?” the gentleman retorted, “That's nonsense! It cannot be done!”
 
“Come on!” Ginta pressured, “If you help me become a pirate, I'll let you keep any pretty girl or treasure that we find! I only want the legendary One Piece!”
 
The man had to admit that Ginta's offer was pretty sweet. He loved girls and he loved treasure… to buy a girlfriend with.
 
“Hold on!” he spat, “You're trying to butter me up! Well, it isn't working! I will not take a part in this! Gentlemen such as I have not a need for pirates!”
 
Ginta sighed and said, “I guess you're right. I never had a chance. I guess you were also destined never to have a girlfriend since you have struck out with every woman in town.”
 
This was the final straw. Now the boy had pushed it. Babbo was now convinced.
 
“Okay, I will help you!” he replied, “Being the pirate king is a huge dream, and if you want to do it, I will be more than honored as your companion! Wait, I think I'd rather be your master and you can be my servant.”
 
That said Ginta pummeled him over the head. Ginta may have been young, but he was the strongest in Toki Village.
 
“Come by my place tomorrow,” he said, “You and I are going hiking through the most dangerous part of the woods! If we can survive that, then you might just have what it takes to be the pirate king!”
 
The boy waved back at his friend happily and skipped merrily home through the forest. Upon exiting, his cheerful strut was interrupted by a peculiar obstacle that knocked the boy to the ground.
 
As he recovered from his fall, he discovered that this obstacle was really a person.
 
This person was a beautiful young girl with rich blue hair that blew in the wind and sparkling eyes that glowed like sapphires. She wore a white T-shirt and a blue skirt. She also wore blue shoes. She was Ginta's childhood friend, Koyuki.
 
Ginta always had a secret crush on her and she felt the same way about him. He knew that she did, but was too shy to admit that he had the same feelings.
 
“Koyuki,” he said, “sorry about that. I should have watched where I was going.”
 
The girl blushed as he picked her up with his hand and said, “It's okay. It was an accident, and you are sorry, so that is all that matters. I was looking for you, anyway!”
 
Ginta blushed and asked, “Why were you looking for me?”
 
The girl sighed and said, “I heard that you were planning on becoming a pirate. Is this true?”
 
Ginta nodded, grinned and said, “I plan to become the pirate KING, and if anyone says otherwise, I'll sock them in the face!”
 
Koyuki laughed and said, “I guess that makes me safe. I'm probably the only one in town who believes you can do it.”
 
Ginta grinned and said, “That's great! I'm training with Babbo to be really strong tomorrow, so I'm sure I can do it!”
 
The girl smiled and nodded, blushing all the way. Koyuki was crazy for Ginta. His heroic and energetic nature made him a sight for sore eyes. His sense of adventure gave him his charm.
 
The next day, Ginta snuck out of bed early to train. He made sure not to make a sound. His mother did not know of his plans because he had lied and said that he had forgotten about ever being a pirate the night before.
 
He knocked on the gentleman's door as Babbo poked his head out and asked, “Are you ready, Ginta? I'm surprised you got up bright and early for this! Usually, you sleep 2 hours longer than the average man!”
 
Ginta grinned and said, “Today is different! Today, nothing can be allowed to go wrong!”
 
Then, the two entered the dangerous end of the woods and the real test began.
 
The duo dealt with all kinds of dangers along the way. There were tigers and cheetahs and even lizards the size of motor homes. In the end, both ended up okay and Ginta had gotten three times stronger from the experience.
 
“Boy, I'm beat!” exclaimed the boy lying against a tree.
 
“Luckily, we'll be back by sunrise,” Babbo replied, scratching his head.
 
“That's good,” the boy replied, “I'm really hungry right now.”
 
Babbo was also hungry. They were both starving after the horrors of the forest.
 
As luck would have it, their hunger was soon to be satisfied as a strange exotic fruit rolled out in front of them. The fruit was purple and resembled a pineapple.
 
Babbo took out his cutting knife and said, “Let's eat it together!”
 
But, for the first time, Ginta was not worried about his stomach. He noticed that Babbo was weaker then he was, so he sighed and said, “Babbo, my mom will just make me my breakfast. You can have the whole fruit if you want.”
 
The gentleman was overjoyed with anticipation. Never in his life had Ginta ever offered him anything. Naturally, he enjoyed every last bit… if enjoyed meant stuffing his face.
 
His face made an uneasy look as he grimaced and said, “That tasted awful, and it only made me hungrier.”
 
Then, something strange happened. Babbo's body started to shine with a beautiful rich glow. Ginta's eyes widened as the gentleman was replaced by a metal object with eyes, a nose and a mouth… oh, and there was a mustache too.
 
The man looked up and asked, “What are you staring it? It's not polite to stare.”
 
Then, Ginta picked up a random shard of glass on the ground and put it in front of the man's face. Babbo's eyes widened when he gazed upon the creature before him that was his reflection.
 
He trembled with fear and shouted, “I'VE BECOME A KENDAMA!”
 
Years past as the two trained their unique individual abilities and Babbo became used to his form. Soon, everyone accepted Ginta's choice, except his mother who did not come to the gathering that was held in honor of Ginta and Babbo's departure into the unknown.
 
As everyone waved goodbye and Ginta boarded the small boat, he noticed a girl run up to him and glomp him while shouting, “GINTA, I'M GOING TO MISS YOU! TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES WHEN YOU GET BACK!”
 
Ginta pushed the girl off of him and said, “Don't worry, Koyuki, I won't skip out on any details. I will remember all of my adventures for you.”
 
As his boat departed the townsfolk said their goodbyes, a woman ran up to the crowd of people. She fought through to the front and gazed upon her own son departing on the most dangerous of adventures.
 
She sighed, gave her son a wave and shouted, “SO LONG, GINTA! I KNOW YOU'LL BE SAFE OUT THERE! IF YOU DON'T RETURN WITH ONE PIECE, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF FOR LETTING YOU DO THIS, YOU GOT THAT?”
 
Ginta smiled, laughed and gave his mother a peace sign. He was determined to become the pirate king and nothing would stop that. Ginta was destined to be the pirate king.