One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Straw Hat Crews Recovery ❯ Nagasaki Island and the return of Shanks part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/n- I know that it seems as if in this story Zoro is getting blamed for everything ( I swear it's only like that for two chapters) Everything is the way it is for a reason in chapter 4 or 5 (Not sure as of yet) we get into why Zoro has been treating Usopp the way he has, do me a favor and read up until at least the 5th chapter before telling me this is a Zoro bash fic (It isn't believe me) Also as of now this story, though it may seem so in some chapters is not a slash fic. I may make it one but as of now it isn't



okay your going to need this:

“People speaking”

A Person thinking

A Person talking to a voice in their head (Zoro)

Chapter 3- Nagasaki Island and The Return of Captain Red Haired Shanks

Previously on - The Straw hat Crews Recovery

I was unable to move, unable to get to Luffy. I felt myself falling deeper into the ocean but couldn't bring myself to swim back up to the surface, the last thing I remember before darkness completely consumed me was Nami's scream, two simultaneous splashes and two ships on either side of me one known as the Thousand Sunny and one I had been hoping I'd see ever since my father left to become a pirate, the ship belonging to no one other than Red haired Shanks himself.

Nami's POV



Usopp! Luffy! USOPP!” I leaned across the railing screaming their names into the ocean. I watched as my captain and the boy I see as my brother sink into the oceans depths. “Sanji!!! Zoro!!! Get out here right now!! Luffy and Usopp are in the water and Usopp's passed out!”



I watch Sanji run up to the railing and jump over it's edge. Robin, Chopper and Franky have now joined me watching the scene below. Zoro is still no where to be seen.



Nami! Are they going to be okay?” Chopper asked me his arms clutching tightly to my legs.



Everything is going to be fine Chopper, “ I slammed my hand on the railing, “Damn it Zoro! Where the hell are you?!”



Zoro finally showed up, “Whats going on?” He asked shakily, as if he had just woke from a nap.



Zoro! Where have you been? Usopp and Luffy are down there, Sanji has Luffy but someone has to go save Usopp, he's passed out and he's been under water for at least 5 minutes!”



Zoro jumped over the rail and into the ocean, just as Sanji was dragging Luffy onto the ship. I went to help Sanji as the rest watched.



Zoro's POV



Where are you? I dive deeper into the ocean, going further down than any normal human should without a tank of oxygen. I spot him about three yards below me, sinking faster and faster by the second. Usopp. I push myself to go as fast as I can to Usopp's side, hoping that he was okay.

My lungs are starting to burn, but I keep on going. Trying my best not to pass out from the lack of oxygen in my lungs. Finally I reach him, he's going to need medical attention for sure but he should be okay. I wrap my arms around Usopp's waist and start to make my way towards the oceans surface, growing more and more tired as the seconds pass.

Finally after some difficultly I made it to the surface, seeing a float I grab onto it, my strength completely zapped. I pull Usopp onto it before, grabbing hold. The last thing I remember before passing out is the Thousand Sunny and a ship slightly bigger in size next to us.





Shanks POV

I watched as a black haired youth, (who looked remarkably like Yasopp), dive into the water after Luffy. I knew it was Luffy the moment I saw the ship. The straw hat is a dead giveaway you see. I smiled at determination the young boy had.

As I watch I noticed how the black haired boy had bandages all over his body, and also how quickly he seemed to be losing his strength. I frown when I see the boy pass out and become confused as I see a young orange haired girl call out to the boys.

Usopp! Luffy! USOPP!”

So that is Yasopp's boy after all. Why wasn't she diving in to retrieve them?

I watch as three more of Luffy's crew turned up all look worried and while they seem to want to help, something seems to be holding them back. Don't tell me they have devil fruit powers as well, and what is with the reindeer? I watch as a blond haired boy comes out from a room and jumps over the railing, making his way towards Luffy. Thats good for him but what about Usopp?

I hear the orange haired girl once again talking to another on the crew.

Zoro! Where have you been? Usopp and Luffy are down there, Sanji has Luffy but someone has to go save Usopp, he's passed out and he's been under water for at least 5 minutes!”   I watched as the green haired boy dives into the ocean by now Usopp has been under for about seven minutes, I look across my ship and see most of the crew watching the events below.

I walk up to Benn and asked him quietly, “Have you seen Yasopp? I think he should see this. ” Benn shook his head keeping his eyes on the kids. “Oi, through a float out to them!” I yelled to my crew, watching that it was done, I turned back to Benn.

Haven't seen him all morning, do you really think it would be wise though? What good would it do for him to see his son laying there in the water? I think it would be best to wait.”

I nodded my head in agreement, “Whats, going on Capt'n?” Damn.

I looked to Benn and he seemed to be thinking the same thing, “Nothing Yasopp, just some kids fooling around.”

I cursed silently when I heard the yells coming from the other ship, “Sanji! Both Zoro and Usopp are unconscious now! You have to get them.” When I get my hands on that orange haired girl..... well I'll do nothing but you get the point. I watched as the green haired boy pulled Usopp onto the float and pass out.

Usopp? There's a boy named Usopp down there?” Forget what I said about not killing her, she's dead. “Let me through let me see!” Yasopp pushed passed Lucky and Benn to see over the side of the railing. I could see the emotions Yasopp was feeling as they passed on his face, first there was hope then, happiness, sadness, guilt and fear. To name a few. “Usopp?” he whispered softly, “My boy what is he doing here? So soon?”

He's with Luffy's crew. Yasopp you should be proud of him, he seems to be doing well for himself.” Benn said trying to calm Yasopp down.

Yasopp glared at him, his eyes softened though as he looked at Usopp, “I am proud of my son, so proud. Of Luffy too, both of them. I knew Usopp was in the Grand Line I have for a while, I've seen his wanted posters. It's just hard to see him there all grown up, when I did nothing to help him. When Banchina died, Usopp was left all alone to raise himself and that wasn't right of me to leave him, but I did.” Yasopp stayed quiet for awhile reminiscing about his past.

We watched as the two boys were pulled up onto the ship one by one. Me, Benn and Yasopp went to a higher floor to get a better look. A black hair women noticed us and seemed to be examining us, trying to see if we are some sort of a threat I suppose. As her eyes flicked to our flag she smirked.

Captain-san I think you should see this.” Called the Black haired women, now that I think about it where have I seen her before?

What is it Robin?” Luffy jumped up onto the railing and looked into the direction her finger was pointing, unfortunately for him though it seems (for me as well). A huge fog rolled in at the exact moment he turned his head to look at us. “I don't see anything, just a bunch of cloud!”

Sorry, Captain-san I must have been mistaken. How about we go see how Longnose-san doing?”

Oh right, Oi! Usopp, you up yet?!”

Luffy, be quiet! He isn't conscious yet he swallowed too much water! Doctor we need a doctor!”

The boy came to the Grand Line without a doctor? What could he possibly be thinking? Benn and Yasopp seemed to be thinking around the same lines as well, though Yasopp seemed to be more, how can I put this gently..... Crazed? Then Benn.

We have to help them! How the hell could Luffy come to the Grand Line without a doctor? What the hell was he thinking?!” Yasopp, jumped down to the main flight and started gathering supplies.

Before I could ask him what the bloody hell he was doing, the voices of what seemed like the entirety of Luffy's crew came blasting towards us. “YOU ARE THE DOCTOR!”

Oh, right. Well then move out of the way! Give him air to breath!”

I rolled my eyes and started inside my cabin, all seemed to be well now. We will meet up with Luffy in Nagasaki Island, they seem to be fine for now. After I yelled a few orders to our doctor, telling him to give Yasopp a sedative. I closed my door and laid on my bed. This is going to be some adventure. I thought to myself before slipping into a deep sleep.



Zoro's POV



I woke up to a burning in my throat and lungs. When I went to sit up something pushed me back down, “What the hell?”

You have to lay down for awhile, your body's too weak... Drink this first though before you do.” Chopper said as he shoved a glass of water in my face.

I glared at him but took the water anyway gulping it down greedily. “More.” I rasped my throat still hurt but the coolness of the water had soothed it some. He gave me another glass and I gulped it down just as fast as the first. This went on a couple more times before finally my thirst was quenched. “Where's Usopp?” I asked noticing for the first time that he wasn't in the room.

Usopp is in another room, we figured you might try to hurt him otherwise.”

Whether that was meant as a joke or not I don't know so I asked, “What the hell are you talking about? Why would I kill him?” What is he talking about I would never hurt Usopp.



'But you have, as unintentional as it was you did hurt him.'

I didn't mean to...

But you did and now he is paying for it.



It's not your fault you know.”

What are you talking about?”

No one blames you for what has been going on with Usopp. Even Usopp himself doesn't blame you. Luffy the other day, was a little out of hand saying that to you. He didn't mean it, he told me so. He just let his temper get out of hand. He nor anyone else on this ship blames you, we are all just really worried about Usopp.”



I was quiet for a moment“I'll be back.” I quickly put on my boots and grab my swords and was out of the room before Chopper could catch me. I heard Usopp in a room across the hall and I stopped at the door. Usopp seemed to be telling Luffy some of his tall tales, I knocked and they both looked up at me surprised. “ Oi Usopp. Can I talk to you for a moment?”





Next time on The straw Hat Crews recovery (Hopefully a new name)



Usopp and Zoro's talk, also they finally make it to Nagasaki island. What adventures lie ahead for our crew? Well you'll just have to wait and see now won't you?

Luffy! Wait up! Some of us can't run that fast!” I yelled as I tried to catch up to my over excited captain



Oi! Usopp! Make sure you don't lose him! This place is too big for that.”



I held up my hand to show my understanding, unfortunately though while doing so I slammed into someone in front of me... What have I gotten myself into now?