One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Unreal Events ❯ Believe One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
  “ B e l i e v e ” O n e : I’ll keep believing in the future    

Blond locks of hair were swiftly moving with the wind. Blue eyes were staring at the sky above her, her lips formed into a smile as she saw a twinkle in the night sky. Slowly, as if she was moving in water, she put some of her golden locks behind her ear. There she stood in the beach, just watching the night sky peacefully. Everything in the past that she had was filled with pain and sorrow, there was no time for her to feel any relaxation. But now Colette Brunel, the ex-Chosen of Mana, was able to relax from all those hard trials. Going to the beach of Izoold, known as the Small Fishing Port, she just had to see the gentle waves of the towns beach.

Sitting down on the comfortable sandy beach, her blue eyes stared at the sea in front of her. Resting her chin on top of her knees, she whispered, “Lloyd and Sheena are out buying supplies.”

The three of them: Lloyd, Sheena, and Colette were out to collect the remaining exspheres that Mithos had made. They had heard that there was a black market here in Izoold, thus they had to cross the sea to this small little port, and take down the bad guy. Colette didn’t mind the constant battles that she had to fight. If it would be helping the people in the future than she’ll do her best. Lloyd and Sheena were also doing their best.

Her lips formed a thin line. Her mouth was open a little bit. Sheena and Colette were really good friends. Colette was fond of her because Sheena was her first ‘female’ friend. They told each other secrets, and were there to support each other. Lately Sheena was more interested in Lloyd than their friendship.

I won’t lose!

Those were Sheena’s words last night. Colette sighed, and closed her ocean blue eyes.

Sheena…loves Lloyd.

Two years have passed since the World Regeneration. A month had passed since the battle with Ratatosk and Richter.

All those years and months of friendship with Sheena, there were never great fights between them. Yes, it was true that both of them like Lloyd, and they knew that they both liked the same guy. Yet they never seemed to loose their own friendship because of a guy. Yesterday was the actual first fight between them. Feeling selfless, she decided to give Sheena her good friend and first love, Lloyd Irving.

And here they were now.

Colette was alone on the beach while Lloyd and Sheena were out together on a date.

Yes, the Mizuho ninja was bold and brave to ask the man that she loves on a date, also getting supplies.

“Hey Colette!”

Hearing her name being called out, she turned her head around. Blue eyes blinked as she saw four familiar figures. There stood Marta Lualdi, Emil Castagnier, Lloyd Irving, and Sheena Fujibayashi.

The female brunette, Marta, ran towards the ex-Chosen of Mana. “Colette it’s been a month since I haven’t seen you!”

The blond female gave a gentle smiled. “Yes it has been long. How have you been?”

“Oh I’m fine…but what about you…” Marta whispered trying to keep the conversation a secret. Somehow Marta had known about the whole situation between the two female friends. She was a very observant girl.

“…I’m okay.”

“Colette…you know you…”

Marta was cut off by Lloyd.

“Hey Colette let’s go back to the boat! Marta and Emil decided to help us out on our journey!” the hero of the two worlds yelled out. Next to him, was Sheena, looking hesitant than ever.

Colette nodded and gave a big smiled. “Okay!”

Marta frowned, but kept her mouth shut to herself. The group began to walk to the port, where all the ships were at. Emil, Lloyd, and Sheena were at the front talking enthusiastically while Marta and Colette were on the back staying quiet, and just listening.

They got to the ship that Lloyd had received after rebuilding Luin. They entered the ship and decided to make dinner for the night. Emil and Lloyd decided to make dinner for the girls while the girls could chat and catch up. Colette excused herself, saying that she still had homework to do.

Lloyd made a grossed out face. “Professor is still giving you homework even if you’re not in school anymore?”

“I think she’s determine to educate her students until the death of this world…” muttered Emil, feeling afraid by the mentioning of Raine Sage.

Colette gave her bright smile. “I asked her if she is still willing to teach me about ruins and myths. So I guess I asked her for the homework. Both Professor Raine and Genis are meeting us in Palmacosta in two days.”

“Geez you dork. Don’t ask for homework next time,” laughed Lloyd. “Then Professor Raine will give me homework!”

Everyone laughed, and began to either cook or chat. Colette went inside her room on the ship, and gently closed the door. She went to her study desk, and opened an old text book that Raine had given her to study. Reading the small text, she began to write things down on a piece of paper. Taking notes was her life savior back in school days. Genis had taught her how to take good notes, and little by little she began to become better at note taking. She needed to take good notes because the book that Raine had given her was challenging her education level. It was good to be challenged once in a while.

She stopped writing, and just stared at the old book.

I’m running away from my problems…

She set the pen down, and closed the text book.

I want Sheena and Lloyd to be happy together… but why am I being so…

Jealous?

Was that the word she was looking for?

Or perhaps she was being selfish. She didn’t know, all she knew was that it pained her to see the ninja of Mizuho, and the hero of the two worlds together.

“I’m … tired.”

Walking to her bed, and about to sit down, she noticed something. There laid a purple sword that any of her friends would be able to recognize. The Eternal Sword was laying on her bed, curiously she just stared at the glowing purple sword. She had promised Lloyd to keep it in her room since he always tended to lose stuff easily.

Her slender fingers touched the blade. Her eyes went wide as it began to glow even more than before. Smiling, she thanked the Eternal sword for brining the two worlds together without it, how would she be able to see Zelos, Presea, Regal, or Sheena?

Unconsciously she had whispered something that she had never thought about.

“Take me away…to another world.”

Soon darkness stood before her.   -*-    

“Grandma … will she be okay?” said a child voice that Colette could clearly hear.

“Let her rest. She’ll be fine.”

Colette stirred causing for someone close by to jump. Opening one of her eyelids, she saw a little girl holding a white cloth damped with water. Colette smiled at the pink haired child. “Hello.”

The girl squeaked, and just stared at the blond woman in front of her. She stood up, and then ran to who knows where. Blinking her eyes, she felt something damp on her forehead, reaching for her forehead she touched a damp cloth. Her lips formed a smile, the little girl was taking care of her. Feeling her whole body tremble with coldness, she wondered if she was sick.

“You should take a rest dear,” said an old voice coming from the door that the little girl had use moments ago.

“W-Where am I?” Colette asked, letting the older woman change the damp cloth to a newer one.

“Poki Poki Island.”

Colette stared at the woman, confused. “Doki Doki?”

“No deary. It’s Poki Poki.”

“I never heard such of island in Sylvarant or Tethe’alla.”

“Never heard of Sylvarant or Tethe’alla either.”

The older woman sighed as she was satisfied when Colette had a new and damp cloth on her forehead. Colette just stared at her, more confused than ever.

“…I’m not in Izoold?”

“Never heard of that place, just take a rest for now. You had a pretty bad fall.”

“A bad fall?”

“Yes, you fell from our Cherry Blossom Tree.”

Colette blinked. She knew that tree, Sheena had showed her the flowery pink tree that seemed to bloom during the spring. It was a very beautiful tree when the flowers would fall, it would give any person pure bliss to just see the cherry blossoms fall. She hadn’t seen that tree in a very long time.

Closing her eyes, Colette decided to take advice from the elderly woman next to her. She’ll figure things out later.

The last thing that she heard was. “Just how did a pretty girl get into Grand Line?” -*-

Vivi sighed as she stared into the bright blue sky. She didn’t know how far it would take them to get to Alabista, but she hoped that it would be soon. They couldn’t waste time. She just had to get to Alabista soon. Her father needed her.

Her long blue hair was tied into a low ponytail, her two bangs hanging down, one on each side. She stretched her long thin arms and legs.

“Papa…”

“Miss. Vivi!” cried none other than the head chef, Sanji.

Blinking her eyes she looked down at the man below her. “Yes?”

“Breakfast is ready my lovely Miss Vivi!”

Smiling she nodded. “I’ll be there soon!”

Noticing that Sanji went back to the kitchen, Vivi began to head down to the kitchen area. Once she did, she noticed everybody eating their food, Sanji in the back complaining that Lady’s had to go first. Chucking at the scene, she sat between Nami and Usopp. She looked down at her breakfast.

It was a luxury breakfast; eggs, steak, spaghetti, and salad. Vivi loved the food that Sanji made, he was an excellent chef, she didn’t know how Luffy, the captain, recruited him.

“Food, Food, Food!” chanted Luffy as he began to stuff himself with food.

Vivi smiled at the nice atmosphere that she was in. Everybody was in high sprits, and it brought her to relax her nerves, since she was so worried about the rebellion at home. Took a bite out of her breakfast, she stopped when the little reindeer burst into the kitchen and yelled out.

“L-Land!”

“What?” questioned Nami getting out of her seat and ran outside.

Usopp, Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy followed. Vivi took her time to go outside, and gasped as she saw the island up ahead.

A big pink tree could be seen. There was also a port straight ahead so that they could land. Vivi noticed everyone’s excitement. It seemed that they were going on an adventure again. Hopefully not a long one, that was Vivi’s wish. -*-  

“And so you fell there,” explained the little pink haired girl to the ex-Chosen.

It had been two hours since Colette had woken up from her small nap. She had concluded that she was stuck in another world because of the Eternal Sword. She had made a silly wish that was unintentional. Now what was Colette going to do? More importantly how was she going to go back home? The others would surely get worried about her.

Looking up at the tree, her ocean blue eyes widen. Many pink petals were falling to the ground. She had not noticed when she stepped out of the small inn, the petals were falling down on the town too. The town was just down a small hill. The scene looked beautiful, but had the little pink haired girl told her that she had fallen down from this tree?

“Wow, so pretty. Good thing I didn’t get hurt!” said the smiling Colette to the little girl, who just gave her a confused face.

“You hit your head…”

“But I’m okay now!”

The girl just stared. “Uh … yeah sure.”

Bending down to the little girls height. Colette asked. “So what’s your name?”

“Estelle…how about you?”

“Colette. I’m glad you saved me Estelle.”

Estelle’s cheeks turned pink. “N-No problem…Colette.”

Chuckling, Colette advised them to get back to the small inn. Both girls went down the small hill, and passed by townsfolk chatting happily among themselves. Entering a small inn, they were greeted by the older woman by the name of, Mai. The old grandma that had helped Colette when she was hurt a few hours ago. Estelle ran to the elderly woman, and hugged her.

“We’re back!”

Mai nodded and patted her head. “Good, good! Now why don’t you be a deary and get me some sugar from Amber’s store?”

The girl nodded, “Okay! I’ll be back soon!”

Estelle left the store, leaving Mai and Colette alone. Mai had asked Colette to just sit down near the window, and just watch the petals fall from the tree. Of course Colette, being kind, asked if there was anything Mai needed. Mai refused her help, and ordered Colette to just watch. So Colette did as she was told.

Sitting on the chair near the window, she watched the rain of pink petals. The place was beautiful and peaceful. The townsfolk were pretty friendly too. It was the first time she had seen such peaceful town. The closest peaceful town that she had seen back when she was the Chosen of Regeneration, would have to be the City of Hope, Luin. Colette sighed as memories of that beautiful lake town appeared in her head. She really enjoyed spending time there because of the children wanting to play with her.

Watching the raining pink petals, Colette closed her eyes. “I’ll see that the future brings,” she whispered. “I’ll believe in Lloyd and the others to bring me back.”

She spent the rest of her time watching the pink flowers fall.